PDA

View Full Version : The official celtic conspiracy thread.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Can we keep all that guff to one thread please, pile in here Jack.:faf::faf::faf:

J-C
28-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Can we keep all that guff to one thread please, pile in here Jack.:faf::faf::faf:

Well after Brown's sending off and now Boughera fouling all over the place and on a yellow frrom early on, maybe they have a point.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Well after Brown's sending off and now Boughera fouling all over the place and on a yellow frrom early on, maybe they have a point.

Totally. The huns have it contracted to win this league.

AndyB_70
28-02-2010, 01:10 PM
The ref is honking. Never a red card for Brown and how Bougherra is still on the park is a mystery. I think they might have a point :greengrin:greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
28-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm just hoping for a last minute dubious pen for the Huns to win the match and the League :greengrin

Jack
28-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Sod the pair of them.

Cool_Hand_Luke
28-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Picture the scene.

The Rangers dressing room before the old firm game and the players are about to get their teamtalk.

"Right lads, i want 110% commitment from the word go against these barstewards. Remember they are all ****in fenians and are full of tattie-munching bogtrotters from the Emerald Isle. I dont care if you kick, punch or headbutt your way to victory. Good luck and God save the Queen"

Then Walter Smith walks in and says "Thanks ref, i'll take it from here"

:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Big Jack will be monitoring every bit of film footage to catch the Ref giving a masonic handshake to Walter and Co.

It's a conspiracy against the Cause:agree::greengrin

iwasthere1972
28-02-2010, 01:27 PM

Which Jack will turn up?

Jack shiit?
Jackanory?
Jack Russell?
Jack Duckworth
Jack Frost?
The Union Jack? :wink:
Jack Daniels?
CrackerJack
Jackass?
Jack Cough?

Will the real Jack please stand up.

This could be a 15 pager. :devil:

chorley_fm
28-02-2010, 01:29 PM
**posting on first page of soon to be epic thread**

EasterRoad4Ever
28-02-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm just hoping for a last minute dubious pen for the Huns to win the match and the League :greengrin

Oh dear

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Which Jack will turn up?

Jack shiit?
Jackanory?
Jack Russell?
Jack Duckworth
Jack Frost?
Jack Daniels?
CrackerJack
Jackass?
Jack Cough?

Jacked it in. :faf:

hibiedude
28-02-2010, 01:33 PM
The Ref must have had Money on Bougherra to stay on the park because there is no other reason for it.

League over Huns want lose it now

Jim White (Sky sports) is over the moon and cant wait to get his flute out.

Barney McGrew
28-02-2010, 01:35 PM
The Ref must have had Money on Bougherra to stay on the park because there is no other reason for it

Aye, that'll be it :rolleyes:

hibiedude
28-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Classic quote from Charlie Nicholas about the sending off;

Lafferty always has a input in old firm games and its nothing to do with ability because he dosen't have any. :greengrin

hibiedude
28-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Aye, that'll be it :rolleyes:

I'm glad you agree :wink:

col02
28-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Referee dealt with things in a decent manner apart from the red card. It should have been a yellow to both players maybe. That said **** happens and Celtic while despite saying otherwise have long benefitted from dubious decisions in the past against other teams. They lost the league down to their piss poor defence not referee's out to get them. Mowbray's achilles heel appears to have struck again as he cannot organise a defence well enough to cope with physical presence as he favours footballers who are a bit too soft for that area of the pitch.

28-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Picture the scene.

The Rangers dressing room before the old firm game and the players are about to get their teamtalk.

"Right lads, i want 110% commitment from the word go against these barstewards. Remember they are all ****in fenians and are full of tattie-munching bogtrotters from the Emerald Isle. I dont care if you kick, punch or headbutt your way to victory. Good luck and God save the Queen"

Then Walter Smith walks in and says "Thanks ref, i'll take it from here"

Not far from the truth methinks. :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Us Celtic sympathisers:rolleyes::greengrin

Barney McGrew
28-02-2010, 01:47 PM
They lost the league down to their piss poor defence not referee's out to get them

Exactly.

The fact that they've only kept nine clean sheets in 27 league games is why they're not going to win the league, not because they've had a couple of decisions go against them.

iwasthere1972
28-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Classic quote from Charlie Nicholas about the sending off;

Lafferty always has a input in old firm games and its nothing to do with ability because he dosen't have any. :greengrin

Was it £3 million?

Beefster
28-02-2010, 01:51 PM

Irrespective of the decisions today, for any one of the Old Firm to complain about refereeing decisions is ****ing rich.

Geo_1875
28-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Ex-ref Kenny Clark on radio reckoned sending off was correct because attempting to strike an opponent with any part of your body is an offence. Obviously not if your names O'Brien and your playing against Hibs, then you can strike your opponent with both hands. And how that keeper stayed on yesterday is a "mystery". They are without doubt the most inept bunch of officials that have ever performed in Scottish football.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2010, 02:28 PM
It was never a red card in a million years, the decision has to be rescinded and McDonald should be demoted to the lower leagues for the next few weeks as a punishment.

Bougherra was also very fortunate to stay on the pitch.

greenlex
28-02-2010, 02:32 PM
It was never a red card in a million years, the decision has to be rescinded and McDonald should be demoted to the lower leagues for the next few weeks as a punishment.

Thats what they get for trying to put pressure on the ref. **** them halfwits

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost impossible game to referee today, every single small decision meant the ref was surrounded by several players. For me the biggest culprit in the Scott Brown sending off was Brown himself, he gave the ref a decision to make when he put his head into Lafferty's chest..cleary a sign of violent conduct IMO.
Bougerra, I'm sure that after the third foul on Keane he couldve walked but they were all nigly fouls and not actually bookable offences but persistant fouling, yes.
I think he had a good game overall.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 02:37 PM

:agree::agree::top marks:faf:

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Once again a ref has pissed off one half of the bigots, so in my opinion he's done a great job today.:thumbsup:

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 02:40 PM

so it's acceptable to put your head into players chests in a head but way?
as for your other comment about demoting him, absolutely laughable.

Baader
28-02-2010, 02:41 PM
No doubting the favouritism shown to Rangers today. As always. But every club experiences it too when up against the Govan lot.

Celtic get favourable decisions against every other team in the league outwith Rangers and should remember that. Fact is they are just not a very good side.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2010, 02:47 PM
as for your other comment about demoting him, absolutely laughable.

How exactly is it absolutely laughable? :confused:

It happens to referees in England all the time after they have made decisions that have been obvious mistakes in big games in the Premiership.

As for your first comment, it was not, in my opinion, a headbutt by Brown. If anything it was Lafferty who instigated it all by practically having Brown in a headlock.

It was nothing more than handbags from the pair of them and they should both have been told to grow up and get on with it.

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 03:00 PM
How exactly is it absolutely laughable? :confused:

It happens to referees in England all the time after they have made decisions that have been obvious mistakes in big games in the Premiership.

As for your first comment, it was not, in my opinion, a headbutt by Brown. If anything it was Lafferty who instigated it all by practically having Brown in a headlock.

It was nothing more than handbags from the pair of them and they should both have been told to grow up and get on with it.

It's laughable as without macdonald, Murray and thomson you'd be left with an SPL with referees with little if any experience, yesterday x 10 if you like.
It's also laughable because all he's done is played to the exact rules of the game if your talking about the Brown incident...so demoting him for in your words not using common sense is well, I'll let you answer that one.
Did Brown put his head into Lafferty, yes, end if story really. Edit, see photo in link below and then come back and tell me if Brown gave MacDonald much option.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8537948.stm

hibee62
28-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Irrespective of the decisions today, for any one of the Old Firm to complain about refereeing decisions is ****ing rich.

Especially when you consider that had it not been for referees, we would be only 1 point behind celtic, at worst!!

J-C
28-02-2010, 03:17 PM
It's laughable as without macdonald, Murray and thomson you'd be left with an SPL with referees with little if any experience, yesterday x 10 if you like.
It's also laughable because all he's done is played to the exact rules of the game if your talking about the Brown incident...so demoting him for in your words not using common sense is well, I'll let you answer that one.
Did Brown put his head into Lafferty, yes, end if story really.

He put his head into his chest because Lafferty had pulled him by the back of the neck and his balance moved him towards Lafferty. So far everyone here and all the punters on telly say it was a bad decision to send him off except you. :confused:

I think what all this proves is the standard of refereeing in Scotland is quite atrocious and about just as bad as our football teams.

bobbyhibs1983
28-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Almost impossible game to referee today, every single small decision meant the ref was surrounded by several players. For me the biggest culprit in the Scott Brown sending off was Brown himself, he gave the ref a decision to make when he put his head into Lafferty's chest..cleary a sign of violent conduct IMO.
Bougerra, I'm sure that after the third foul on Keane he couldve walked but they were all nigly fouls and not actually bookable offences but persistant fouling, yes.
I think he had a good game overall.

A point regarding your post mate.

1st point is players always surroundering the ref.I think more has to be doen bout this, Like my dad says if a player is going get booked or talked to bout a foul or whatever and is surrounded by players, the players should be asked to go away, and then told go away again if not done so already, If after the 2nd warning the players still around should be booked and told to go away.

Dunno how Bougerra stayed on though, as you ve said alot of persistant fouling withc imo should result in a yellow and in this case sent off for a 2nd yellow

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 03:41 PM
He put his head into his chest because Lafferty had pulled him by the back of the neck and his balance moved him towards Lafferty. So far everyone here and all the punters on telly say it was a bad decision to send him off except you. :confused:

I think what all this proves is the standard of refereeing in Scotland is quite atrocious and about just as bad as our football teams.

Not so, watch again and you'll see brown moving towards lafferty after the initial push and pull, check the picture on the link above. You might call it harsh but I'll say again as soon as Brown does what he does it gives the ref a decision to make and I'm afraid that line it or not that kind of reaction will result in a red.
Perhaps just better qualified to say why the decision was made rather than being 'wrong'
Standards aren't that great but I wish there were more refs like macdonald

snooky
28-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Shouldn't the thread be entitled
"Pro-Rangers decisions and how we ensure the League flag will fly at Ibrox" - by the SFA/SPL

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Shouldn't the thread be entitled
"Pro-Rangers decisions and how we ensure the League flag will fly at Ibrox" - by the SFA/SPL

You could be right, perhaps we should allow Jack to edit the title of this thread, when he gets back.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Did Brown put his head into Lafferty, yes, end if story really. Edit, see photo in link below and then come back and tell me if Brown gave MacDonald much option.

You can't always go with still images as they can be misleading and I think that picture is precisely that.

If you watch the video footage of the incident, I don't believe that there was any violent behaviour whatsoever from Brown. It was just two players getting into a bit of a harmless tussle and it was never going to be anything more than that.

The refereeing standards in this country are disgraceful, even Hugh Dallas has said as much the other week there. There has to be something done to raise the standard because it's not good enough by a long way.

Woody1985
28-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Was it £3 million?

3.5 I think. :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 04:10 PM
3.5 I think. :faf:

They got £3.5m for him and bought Fletcher for less. Deal of the century so far IMO.

delbert
28-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Some of the comments on here re referees are laughable. A Scottish referee has an almost impossible match to referee, and has quite frankly an excellent game, virtually every big decision correct, under pressure most of us could'nt handle in a million years. (It was a clear red card and it will NOT be rescinded). Then to put it into perspective, lets get all those who say we should bring in English refs for these games, to watch the Carling Cup Final right after it, and see a display of refereeing so inept from the first big decision of the game, that it was almost impossible to keep a straight face whilst watching it. We have a number of inexperienced officials being pushed through a bit too fast (MR. Muir yesterday being a case in point but it does'nt make him corrupt or incompetent), but to then come on and berate Dougle McDonald after watching that goofball in the Carling Cup Final is beyond belief. Mind you, lets get referees like that for an Old Firm game, the aftermath would make Hiroshima look like a small bonfire !!

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 05:14 PM
We have a number of inexperienced officials being pushed through a bit too fast (MR. Muir yesterday being a case in point but it does'nt make him corrupt or incompetent),

What does it make him then? I've got him firmly in the "incompetent" camp at the moment. Incompetent and whistle happy.

panshibby
28-02-2010, 05:29 PM
My Line is "who give a " it rankers and ceptic who cares who gets one decision over the other, we are Hibbys, dont concenrn us.

END OFF

Steve20
28-02-2010, 05:45 PM
God, there is a lot of Celtic sympathy in this thread. They are ten points behind because they are not any good. They never lost because of refs, they lost cos the Huns have a better manager.

Dry yer eyes out people. It's only a Bigot derby anyway.

PISTOL1875
28-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Celtic have a point over the whole conspiracy row.. If you look at all the OF games this season , all the big decisions that could have a bearing on the matches have all went for Rangers. Do you blame then for thinking that the refs are out to get them ???

stantonhibby
28-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Celtic have a point over the whole conspiracy row.. If you look at all the OF games this season , all the big decisions that could have a bearing on the matches have all went for Rangers. Do you blame then for thinking that the refs are out to get them ???

apart from the clear penalty they should have when Edu was brought down by Hinkel i think it was :dunno:

PISTOL1875
28-02-2010, 06:17 PM
apart from the clear penalty they should have when Edu was brought down by Hinkel i think it was :dunno:

That would've been a soft penalty if it had been given...

stantonhibby
28-02-2010, 06:24 PM
That would've been a soft penalty if it had been given...

thought it was a stonewaller myself ............opinions eh ??

Kaiser1962
28-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Referee dealt with things in a decent manner apart from the red card. It should have been a yellow to both players maybe. That said **** happens and Celtic while despite saying otherwise have long benefitted from dubious decisions in the past against other teams. They lost the league down to their piss poor defence not referee's out to get them. Mowbray's achilles heel appears to have struck again as he cannot organise a defence well enough to cope with physical presence as he favours footballers who are a bit too soft for that area of the pitch.

I thought Broonie "shoved" Lafferty in the chest with his head. By no means was it a Zidane type butt. Except that AGAIN Lafferty reacted like he had been butted and to the ref, it must have looked like Broon had done exactly that. Sympathy with the ref here. HOWEVER someone should take a look at Lafferty's reaction here as he went down like a sack of spuds. Broonie shouldnt have given the ref the decision to make but I think this tells us, if we didnt already know, that Lafferty is a pretty despicable individual.

stantonhibby
28-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought Broonie "shoved" Lafferty in the chest with his head. By no means was it a Zidane type butt. Except that AGAIN Lafferty reacted like he had been butted and to the ref, it must have looked like Broon had done exactly that. Sympathy with the ref here. HOWEVER someone should take a look at Lafferty's reaction here as he went down like a sack of spuds. Broonie shouldnt have given the ref the decision to make but I think this tells us, if we didnt already know, that Lafferty is a pretty despicable individual.

:agree:

PISTOL1875
28-02-2010, 06:27 PM
thought it was a stonewaller myself ............opinions eh ??

Opinions yeah.. These make sites like this function..

I thought Hinkel was stronger than Edu and just eased him out the way of the ball... He managed to get himself between Edu and the ball...

Kaiser1962
28-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Just popped into Kerrydale Street and the soapdodgers are not a happy bunch. Leaving to join the Conference apparently. Dont think they actually realise that Rangers will have to go with them as they are both beasts that feed of each other, the ultimate parasitical relationship really. Whilst they are all slagging the ref they make no mention of the penalty decision that went their way, or the Edu volley either. Nor do they mention the skelly strikers or the defenders who cant defend. And they ignore their hero's collective inability to pass the ball five feet in a straight line. Its the ref's fault cos he's part o the "establishment" (Even tho they won three on the trot) Aye, so it is..............

28-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Just popped into Kerrydale Street and the soapdodgers are not a happy bunch. Leaving to join the Conference apparently. Dont think they actually realise that Rangers will have to go with them as they are both beasts that feed of each other, the ultimate parasitical relationship really. Whilst they are all slagging the ref they make no mention of the penalty decision that went their way, or the Edu volley either. Nor do they mention the skelly strikers or the defenders who cant defend. And they ignore their hero's collective inability to pass the ball five feet in a straight line. Its the ref's fault cos he's part o the "establishment" (Even tho they won three on the trot) Aye, so it is..............

The Edu volley was a clear handball from Miller so not sure why that should even be a talking point. However, I was surprised the pen award wasn't given to them for the nudge on Edu, given how butter soft 90% of their awards are. The sending off was obviously to kiss and make up for that missed soft pen.

Kaiser1962
28-02-2010, 07:06 PM
The Edu volley was a clear handball from Miller so not sure why that should even be a talking point. However, I was surprised the pen award wasn't given to them for the nudge on Edu, given how butter soft 90% of their awards are. The sending off was obviously to kiss and make up for that missed soft pen.

It was a handball but I didnt notice it at normal speed. Nor did the commentary team. Again it could be argued if the ball played him or not? Both Nicholas and Provan thought the challenge on Edu was a penalty. I know its about opinions but would those decisions have went our way at Hunbrox? Nope. Boyd can forearm smash our guy in the coupon in front of the ref and zippo happens. They should try walking in our shoes for a wee while and then they can moan.

28-02-2010, 07:11 PM
It was a handball but I didnt notice it at normal speed. Nor did the commentary team. Again it could be argued if the ball played him or not? Both Nicholas and Provan thought the challenge on Edu was a penalty. I know its about opinions but would those decisions have went our way at Hunbrox? Nope. Boyd can forearm smash our guy in the coupon in front of the ref and zippo happens. They should try walking in our shoes for a wee while and then they can moan.

Well exactly. Contrast Boyd's assualt on Zouma three weeks ago to Scott Brown's supposed 'headbutt' on known cheat Lafferty. Corrupt is what I would call it.

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 07:54 PM
God, there is a lot of Celtic sympathy in this thread. They are ten points behind because they are not any good. They never lost because of refs, they lost cos the Huns have a better manager.

Dry yer eyes out people. It's only a Bigot derby anyway.

Agreed.

I find it completely pathetic, embarrassing, and cringeworthy when I read that some Hibees have got their kinckers in a twist about the "conspiracy" against Celtic today.

Celtic are a club who almost killed us off.

It angers me so much that I still have to ****ing read pish sticking up for Celtic and the classic "well I don't hate them as much as Rangers" line.

If Celtic had had their way there would not be a Hibernian Football Club. They stole just about everything from us. It's about time some Hibs fans realised that or maybe they can finally get their wallet out, buy a bus pass, and **** off to "Paradise".

Rant Over:grr::greengrin

Ants
28-02-2010, 08:03 PM
If they dont like the way the league is run, then they can go and play somewhere else.

Its totally swings and roundabouts.....

If your playing well and winning games, any dodgy decision does not matter and will probably not even be noticed.

If your playing badly and the pressure is on, you notice every dodgy decision.

Generally, referees call it as they see it, no slow motion replays over and over again..
But I do believe that 21st century TV evidience should be used if the game is covered live or has the option of instant replays from the filming crews.

Brando7
28-02-2010, 08:05 PM

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 11:59 PM

There's the highlights.

I wouldn't have bothered posting it, but Artur "World Class" Boruc provides some outstanding prime time comedy once again at the end:thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM

Main reason IMO. Soft red card no doubt but correct by the letter of the law. For me, Celtics blatant attempt to influence the ref with their pishy comments in the week has backfired as the ref may have had it at the back of his mind that he's going right down the line with the calls as per the book rather than letting some things slide in the way you normally do in a game.

FWIW I think that they got out of jail with the Hinkel/Edu call so not like it was one-way traffic on the calls either...

majorhibs
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Agreed.

I find it completely pathetic, embarrassing, and cringeworthy when I read that some Hibees have got their kinckers in a twist about the "conspiracy" against Celtic today.

Celtic are a club who almost killed us off.

It angers me so much that I still have to ****ing read pish sticking up for Celtic and the classic "well I don't hate them as much as Rangers" line.

If Celtic had had their way there would not be a Hibernian Football Club. They stole just about everything from us. It's about time some Hibs fans realised that or maybe they can finally get their wallet out, buy a bus pass, and **** off to "Paradise".

Rant Over:grr::greengrin

Listen dude, I cannot stand the sight of anythin gloryhuntin tic, 3rd worst club in Scotland by streets & the other cheek of the glesgae backside, I dinnae much care for you or where youve come from or what age you are but if you were subjected to the animals that paraded as football fans who are known by the name of huns, incidentally the name of THIS nations opponents in the last world war, & if you had been subjected to some of the atrocities they dished out in the 70's/80's before police HAD to step in because the casuals were getting press, if you had been a Hibby in those days weedge or Edinburgh, boy or adult, wouldnt matter to you unless you had a religious agenda you would dislike the blue side of the gloryhunters more than the green side of the gloryhunters for the simple reason that as a fan goin to games you would have had a lot more kickings from the blue unwashed because at that time they were animals and there was no police presence.

Brizo
01-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Listen dude, I cannot stand the sight of anythin gloryhuntin tic, 3rd worst club in Scotland by streets & the other cheek of the glesgae backside, I dinnae much care for you or where youve come from or what age you are but if you were subjected to the animals that paraded as football fans who are known by the name of huns, incidentally the name of THIS nations opponents in the last world war, & if you had been subjected to some of the atrocities they dished out in the 70's/80's before police HAD to step in because the casuals were getting press, if you had been a Hibby in those days weedge or Edinburgh, boy or adult, wouldnt matter to you unless you had a religious agenda you would dislike the blue side of the gloryhunters more than the green side of the gloryhunters for the simple reason that as a fan goin to games you would have had a lot more kickings from the blue unwashed because at that time they were animals and there was no police presence.

Those whove grown up watching fitba in the all seated , segregated , cctvd , heavily policed / stewarded atmosphere would be in for a major culture shock if they had attended a game vs Rangers home or away in the 70s / 80s. And fwiw im sure that if the aforementioned security measures were done away with we'd be back at square one with our Govan chums.

KerPlunk
01-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Aaaaaaaaand breathe. :rolleyes:

WindyMiller
01-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Aaaaaaaaand breathe. :rolleyes:

He's 100% right though.

Jack
01-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Big Jack will be monitoring every bit of film footage to catch the Ref giving a masonic handshake to Walter and Co.

It's a conspiracy against the Cause:agree::greengrin

No I wont! :bitchy: (and I very much doubt the referred to tim will be bigger than me!)

Which Jack will turn up?

Jack shiit?
Jackanory?
Jack Russell?
Jack Duckworth
Jack Frost?
Jack Daniels?
CrackerJack
Jackass?
Jack Cough?

There's only ONE Jack on Hibs.net. Jack, Hibernian Supporter as confirmed the on STV news last Thursday. :greengrin

If you missed it I can post a link :faf:

Jacked it in. :faf:

ENOUGH!

You could be right, perhaps we should allow Jack to edit the title of this thread, when he gets back.

HOW MANY TIMES? :grr:

Some of the comments on here re referees are laughable. A Scottish referee has an almost impossible match to referee, and has quite frankly an excellent game, virtually every big decision correct, under pressure most of us could'nt handle in a million years. (It was a clear red card and it will NOT be rescinded). Then to put it into perspective, lets get all those who say we should bring in English refs for these games, to watch the Carling Cup Final right after it, and see a display of refereeing so inept from the first big decision of the game, that it was almost impossible to keep a straight face whilst watching it. We have a number of inexperienced officials being pushed through a bit too fast (MR. Muir yesterday being a case in point but it does'nt make him corrupt or incompetent), but to then come on and berate Dougle McDonald after watching that goofball in the Carling Cup Final is beyond belief. Mind you, lets get referees like that for an Old Firm game, the aftermath would make Hiroshima look like a small bonfire !!

Thank you for that Mr Dallas, FWIW I agree.

skipster7
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
after seeing the replay, brown moves his head into the cheats chest after the initial scuffle.daft laddie and only himself to blame but lafferty is a cretin.on the subject of paranioa the fud provan said in yeterdays paper "mowbray needs to realise we live in a country where the vast majority of people want celtic to lose" !! what a trumpet.:confused:

Riordans Boots
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
after seeing the replay, brown moves his head into the cheats chest after the initial scuffle.daft laddie and only himself to blame but lafferty is a cretin.on the subject of paranioa the fud provan said in yeterdays paper "mowbray needs to realise we live in a country where the vast majority of people want celtic to lose" !! what a trumpet.:confused:

It might not be 100% right, but its getting that way.:faf:

EH6 Hibby
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I doubt their appeal will be successfull, I think it was a red card. Of course that horrible excuse for a human being Lafferty should have gone too. Can he get a retrospective red card or is it a case of the ref dealt with it at the time?

Keith_M
01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Celtc are appealing?

Well, that's definitely a minority opinion.

:wink:

01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
It wasn't a red card, but no point now. League has huns written all over on it.

--------
01-03-2010, 11:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

That's either a red for both, or a yellow for both, or a firm warning from the ref to them both.

Lafferty yet again making a meal of something - if he falls over that easy he should be using a zimmer frame.

If that was boxing, I think Lafferty would be the one warned for 'holding' - he has a grip of SB all through and looks to me to be pulling Scott onto himself.

Surprised at Dougie MacDonald, tbh.

scotcha
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
The ref had a shocker yesterday there is no doubt about that... scott brown gave the ref a decision to make which i can maybe understand why he sent him off... but the big talking points for me and further evidence that for some reason Rangers are getting ALL the big decisions this year are:

A) Lafferty... how there was no action taken against him in the incident which he sent off scott brown.. now that's a disgrace.

B) Madjid Bougherra ... now this is the one that clinches it for me in how inapt the referee was in this game. From the word go, he was fouling like a madman, and was rightly booked, however he then commited foul after foul and not only was he let off, some fouls weren't even given against him. Now there is no defence for this whatsoever... and the fact that he didn't want to send people off was a farce as he couldn't wait to get his card oot his pocket when brown did nothing....

So i would like to know why Bougherra was allowed to foul without punishment and wink and smile each time he upended robbie keane!!!

Disgrace....

Barney McGrew
01-03-2010, 12:20 PM
You often see a player yellow carded for persistent fouling, but I can't remember of a single instance where a SECOND yellow has been given for persistent fouling :dunno:

It seems to be an unwritten law that players don't get sent off for it

KerPlunk
01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
You often see a player yellow carded for persistent fouling, but I can't remember of a single instance where a SECOND yellow has been given for persistent fouling :dunno:

It seems to be an unwritten law that players don't get sent off for it

Hibs v. Celtc at ER in 2006, the 1-2 game......Fletcher comes off the bench and the 1st time he gets a ball at his feet with back to goal, Bobo Balde went straight through him from behind. Freeland (remember him ? :grr:) books Balde.
5 mins. later he does exactly the same thing again. Freeland never even spoke to him.
That's the kind of cowardly reffing that makes my blood boil.
It'll never change though.

StevieC
01-03-2010, 01:01 PM

That depends on whether your head was in that area because the opposing player had basically grappled you round the neck to put it there.

Poor decision .. and I thought for a second that Lafferty was about to hold his face in another fake injury attempt .. maybe he thought twice as he hit the ground?

No love lost for either of them but decisions did seem a bit "off-centre" yesterday.

StevieC
01-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I doubt their appeal will be successfull

Why not?

It was no worse than the Mikey Stewart sending off that got reduced to a yellow.

:dunno:

Hainan Hibs
01-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Agree to disagree then. I just can't understand why some Hibs fans can have less of a dislike for Celtic when they nearly killed us off. The only reason we got better treatment there is because they saw us as some sort of "cousins", until we beat them and it was back to being "HIV ridden junkies".

Brando7
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
The ref had a shocker yesterday there is no doubt about that... scott brown gave the ref a decision to make which i can maybe understand why he sent him off... but the big talking points for me and further evidence that for some reason Rangers are getting ALL the big decisions this year are:

A) Lafferty... how there was no action taken against him in the incident which he sent off scott brown.. now that's a disgrace.

B) Madjid Bougherra ... now this is the one that clinches it for me in how inapt the referee was in this game. From the word go, he was fouling like a madman, and was rightly booked, however he then commited foul after foul and not only was he let off, some fouls weren't even given against him. Now there is no defence for this whatsoever... and the fact that he didn't want to send people off was a farce as he couldn't wait to get his card oot his pocket when brown did nothing....

So i would like to know why Bougherra was allowed to foul without punishment and wink and smile each time he upended robbie keane!!!

Disgrace....

Bougherra's tackle on keane that he got booked for was identical to his last foul on keane, both from behind, if the 1st tackle was a booking why wasn't the oither one...something smells fishy to me

hibsbollah
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
There's a culture of paranoid conspiracy in scottish football (most obvious at Tynecastle and Celtc Park) which means that every bad refereeing decision gets put down to cheating. Its been a terrible season for refereeing mistakes (usually favouring the top teams) in England as well, but without the predictable masonic/hun/proddy dog subtext. It happens.

EH6 Hibby
01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Bougherra's tackle on keane that he got booked for was identical to his last fould on keane, both from behind, if the 1st takle was a booking why wasn't the oither one...somethig smells fishy to me

I laughed at a guy at work a few weeks ago that said that the SFA were making sure that Rangers won the league to ensure they qualify for the Champions League which will help with their financial problems, but they do appear to be getting some very strange decisions going their way lately!

One Day Soon
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
There's a culture of paranoid conspiracy in scottish football (most obvious at Tynecastle and Celtc Park) which means that every bad refereeing decision gets put down to cheating. Its been a terrible season for refereeing mistakes (usually favouring the top teams) in England as well, but without the predictable masonic/hun/proddy dog subtext. It happens.

Good grief, I'm going to agree with you.

01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
They do get away with thuggery at RFC. Souness was a thug, told his players to go out and deliberately injure opponents, Smith was his longtime deputy and definitely carried that on into his tenure, up to and including messrs Boyd, McCullough, Novo, Thomson, Lafferty... When Le Guen was at Greyskull they struggled because he tried to play it straight, can't do that at RFC. You put in the boot, elbow, knee and go down whenever an opponent make any challenge. And you get away with it because you're RFC, and can't be touched. Those tactics work less well in Europe because refs are not intimidated or on the payroll.

Brando7
01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
remember this, the man speaks the truth

YouTube - Craig Levein post match interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFpHriMd8A&feature=player_embedded)

jacomo
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM

I laughed at a guy at work a few weeks ago that said that the SFA were making sure that Rangers won the league to ensure they qualify for the Champions League which will help with their financial problems, but they do appear to be getting some very strange decisions going their way lately!

I don't find that far fetched at all.

But remember also that Celtic blew the championship last season when it would have been easier to win it. Worried their blue brothers were going to slide into the financial abyss?

IWasThere2016
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Aw diddums! (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2874084/Raw-deal-for-50-years.html)

Broken Gnome
02-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Aw diddums! (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2874084/Raw-deal-for-50-years.html)

Celtic are true heroes; winning 9 titles in a row during a period of merciless and bigoted oppression. What a special football club. Kudos indeed.

Lucius Apuleius
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Thing is Hainan, and I see where you are coming from and really cannot disagree, I also hate celtc with a passion. More than hertz and probably more than der hun as well. However, as previously stated the number of times we had to fight our way home from ipox in the 70s and 80s compared to darkheid is huge. Bear in mind we out of towners did not have the benefit of jumping on the special to get home but had to share trains with the lowlives after the games. I have never been called a fenian ******* at darkheid (even though I am not) I have never been surrounded on four sides (including above) at darkheid and had religous hatred poured on me, as well as Bovril and coins. These things happened at ipox. Mate with me once was even called a fenian ******* by the police at ipox when he had the temerity to question the rights of huns to throw things at us. last game I went to at ipox would have been early 90s when my elder son was spat on etc etc etc. He was about 10 at the time. Never been back. So, in short, celtc as a club I despise more. Der hun's supporters however are so low in the food chain they have set a new level. I can stand condesencion from the celtc supporters, I cannot for the life of me stand the bile that comes out of der huns mouths. And do you know the sad thing? I have many more friends, good friends by the way, who are hun supporters.

Hibs Class
04-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Appeal against Brown's dismissal dismissed. A reasonable decision in my view, but no doubt will be ammo for more conspiracy claims.