PDA

View Full Version : Booing during a minute's silence.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Self defeating or what?

Biggie
28-02-2010, 11:33 AM
make up yer f'ing minds ya bams....silence or applause ?.....do they just change as they see fit ?...

Judas Iscariot
28-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Self defeating or what?

:agree:

Just ignore the few idiots that shout!

Booing makes it worse :bitchy:

ronaldo7
28-02-2010, 11:34 AM

A few, and I mean a few shouts from the celtic end, and then hundreds of huns start booing.

:asshole:

H18sry
28-02-2010, 11:36 AM
They were asking for trouble holding a minutes silence a minutes applause would have been more appropriate.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 11:37 AM
They were asking for trouble holding a minutes silence a minutes applause would have been more appropriate.:agree:

Not doing one would've been even more appropriate. The sub goalie from the 70s?

FranckSuzy
28-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Ohhhhh naaawww, that means BITC will be along again soon :rolleyes:

ArabHibee
28-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Ohhhhh naaawww, that means BITC will be along again soon :rolleyes:

Not for a while. He'll be at the game.

H18sry
28-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Not doing one would've been even more appropriate. The sub goalie from the 70s?

It was a point scoring exercise, our fan are better than your fans :bye:

TheBall'sRound
28-02-2010, 12:28 PM
It was a point scoring exercise, our fan are better than your fans :bye:

Very much so. The currant buns were gagging on a bit of noise out of the away end. So much for paying your respects - both sets of fans had a minority who should be (but certainly won't be) ashamed

Www1875hfc
28-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Self defeating or what?

Ah didnt think it was that bad actually.
A few mumps and moans out o 50,000..

hibiedude
28-02-2010, 12:37 PM

A few, and I mean a few shouts from the celtic end, and then hundreds of huns start booing.

:asshole:

A minutes silence means exactly what it says on the tin, A few celtic shouts is few too many.

Ive seen and heard worse at Easter Road

it should have been a minutes hand clapping instead.

The Green Goblin
28-02-2010, 12:52 PM
The minutes applause or silence or whatever it may be, has been so overused in recent times, and by that I mean it has been used far too many times at football matches where it shouldn`t have been used, that it has lost its meaning.

In the case of today`s game, a tribute feature or written appreciation in the match programme with accompanying photos would surely have been a much more meaningful and dignified way to celebrate someone`s memory than some pissed up hordes using it as a means to wind up / point fingers at (delete as appropriate) the opposing fans.

GG

The Harp
28-02-2010, 05:13 PM
A minutes silence means exactly what it says on the tin, A few celtic shouts is few too many.

Yeah, they could have had a minute's hand clapping from the Huns and a minute's hand wringing from Sellick. :wink:

ronaldo7
28-02-2010, 05:38 PM

Totally agree, so why then did the Rangers supporters boo. It was a minutes silence for one of their own.

EH6 Hibby
28-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Very much so. The currant buns were gagging on a bit of noise out of the away end. So much for paying your respects - both sets of fans had a minority who should be (but certainly won't be) ashamed

Sounds like the Hearts fans that couldn't wait to start shouting abuse at the Hibs fans last season when 1 or 2 people made a noise during a minutes silence for some player that 95% of Hearts fans hadn't even heard of. The Hearts fans made more noise than any of the Hibs fans did. :agree:

Carheenlea
28-02-2010, 06:31 PM
The silence appeared to pass without too much disruption going by the TV coverage, but the fact that the overwhelming majority of Celtic fans at Ibrox today would not have had a clue who Gerry Neef was contributed to a reasonably well observed silence for Old Firm standards.

I watched the game in a Peebles pub, and not one supposed Rangers or Celtic fan I spoke to was aware that there was to be a minutes silence before the game, and not one Celtic or Rangers fan present knew who he was :confused:

The laughing and joking post match kind of summed up what was happening in small towns like mines all over Scotland, "Big Rangers men" and "Big Sellick men" watching on the telly, look out for the result, read in the paper, not that interested that I`d actually go to the bother of going along...

My wife has been to Ibrox and Parkhead more than the so called Old Firm "fans" this season that were in the boozer this afternoon, and she has had one trip to both...

Peebles is surely not the only town to be populated by such Charlatans..?

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Whats everyones opinions on our 'minutes clap' yest?? Should we have had a silence?

Carheenlea
28-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Whats everyones opinions on our 'minutes clap' yest?? Should we have had a silence?

I thought a minutes silence would have been more appropriate, but I felt the applause was fitting, especially standing next to my Dad who had watched both Gordon and Smith and knowing his applause was nothing but wholehearted and during which he would have no doubt been reminiscing of some great days gone by .

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 07:23 PM

I observed a minute's contemplation, hat off and head down... old school. That said, the applause added to the sense of emotion I had.

That, for me, is the beauty of the applause route. There is no coercion to "do" anything. It can't be ruined, unlike a minute's silence, and there is an option for people to do their own thing.

magpie1892
28-02-2010, 07:26 PM
The minutes applause or silence or whatever it may be, has been so overused in recent times, and by that I mean it has been used far too many times at football matches where it shouldn`t have been used, that it has lost its meaning.

In the case of today`s game, a tribute feature or written appreciation in the match programme with accompanying photos would surely have been a much more meaningful and dignified way to celebrate someone`s memory than some pissed up hordes using it as a means to wind up / point fingers at (delete as appropriate) the opposing fans.

GG

:top marks

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Was an obvious ploy by RFC to show up Celtic. They knew fine well an element would not respect it.

matty_f
28-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I was listening on the radio in the car, and one of the first shouts I heard clearly was '****** the Pope'.

I'm assuming this never came from the Celtc end, as they fuds don't do irony. Therefore it made me wonder why on earth someone would do that during a minute silence for one of their own?:confused:

TRC
28-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I was listening on the radio in the car, and one of the first shouts I heard clearly was '****** the Pope'.

I'm assuming this never came from the Celtc end, as they fuds don't do irony. Therefore it made me wonder why on earth someone would do that during a minute silence for one of their own?:confused:

Maybe a celtic fan in the Rangers end trying to get the crowd (vermin) going,
they love a good conspiracy

Steve-O
01-03-2010, 06:21 AM

:faf:

Seriously though, these debates over minutes silence / applause are becoming soooooo tiresome. The media should stop reporting them AT ALL and if there is to be a silence or applause when you turn up at the game, then so be it.

Beefster
01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Was an obvious ploy by RFC to show up Celtic. They knew fine well an element would not respect it.

Some morons fell into the trap then.

I've never understood what kind of idiot couldn't shut his mouth for 60 seconds to avoid embarrassing his club.

KerPlunk
01-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Some morons fell into the trap then.

I've never understood what kind of idiot couldn't shut his mouth for 60 seconds to avoid embarrassing his club.

The pissed-up, moronic, OF Weegie kind ?

Bad Martini
01-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Peebles is surely not the only town to be populated by such Charlatans..?

Naw. There's glory hunting *******s the length and breadth of Scotland...indeed, one canny pass through Edinburgh city centre any weekend without seeing bus loads of "life long fans" making their way to Glasgow to follow their local (Govan/Parkhead) team :grr:

I dont like the yams but at least they follow their local team - even if their local team is *****.

KerPlunk
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM

GG

:top marks Plus, another spineless display of non-decision making from the heidtossers at SFA Towers.
The Simon Weston and Gerry Neef thangs were just pure provocation to the Smellies by the Ibrox hierarchy, full in the knowledge that they are too dim / pished to do anything other than disrupt the occasion and once again make a James Hunt of themselves and a laughing stock of Scottish football.

However, the SFA just keep on slobbering down on that Govan pecker and say nowt.

Scottish football generally is going to the dogs right now and Smith & Co. seem completely oblivious. The only thing they appear interested in is maintaining the OF hegemony.