Benji (£1m)
Bamba (£3m)
Zemmama (£2m)
Makalaby (free)
Byrne (loan)

Ideas?

==
Liam Craig has been quite impressive.

Sorry, it's more like Benji free, Zemmama £500k, Bamba £1m (at best). Anyone watching Bamba for the last 2-3 months would have a hard job getting £1m out of their chairman - nevermind £3m! :rolleyes:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 11:14 AM
==
Anyone watching Bamba for the last 2-3 months would have a hard job getting £1m out of their chairman - nevermind £3m! :rolleyes:

Yeah, guys with that kind of pace, strength and above average ability grow on trees don't they :confused: :blah:

truehibernian
28-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Ricky Foster, Liam Craig, Kevin Kyle.

JE89
28-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Ins:

Liam Craig (£?)
Murray Davidson (£?)

Out for me :

Stevenson (loan)
Galbraith (loan)
Benji (£1m)
Bamba (£3m)
Zemmama (£2m)
Makalaby (free)
Byrne (loan)

Ideas?

Put Football Manager done son!

scoopyboy
28-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Ins:

Liam Craig (£?)
Murray Davidson (£?)

Out for me :

Stevenson (loan)
Galbraith (loan)
Benji (£1m)
Bamba (£3m)
Zemmama (£2m)
Makalaby (free)
Byrne (loan)

Ideas?

I had thought about Craig and Davidson but wasn't sure if it was because I really wanted them or because I was looking for excuses why we couldn't do very well against SJ.

We won't get any money for Benji as he's out of contract in the summer and will leave for free.

Hibstrooper
28-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Benji (£1m)
Zemmama (£2m)

Benji is out of contract so wouldn't get anything for him. Zemmama will have a year left and noone would pay that amount of money for a bit part player at Hibs (that he seems to have become).

Liked the look of Craig though

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Agree with the thoughts on Craig, been really impressed with him in the last couple of games but as another ex-Falkirk player there'll be an outcry from many on here.

I think some folk on here think that signing a player is as easy is it is on Football Manager, search for RB's in Europe, put in the wage bracket and hey presto take your pick and they'll come.

Of course John Hughes wanted some players in, David Gray of Man Utd was one but would've come at a cost that the club didn't think was value for money. I'm sure we'll be back in for him come the summer. Likewise if Falkirk are relegated then I'm sure that Arfield will come back into his thoughts.

There's others of which Hughes would've wanted but was either knocked back by the player, the players club or the Hibs Board...there will be some names we'll never know about as well.

I'm a realist, being right in the mix for 3rd place is probably above expectations considering last season. Instant success was never going to happen, it's a tough league and I'm still confident that we'll see this right to the wire.

IMO Miller being sent off incorrectly last week and Saints keeper not being sent off yesterday has cost us.

GloryGlory
28-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Agree with the thoughts on Craig, been really impressed with him in the last couple of games but as another ex-Falkirk player there'll be an outcry from many on here.

I think some folk on here think that signing a player is as easy is it is on Football Manager, search for RB's in Europe, put in the wage bracket and hey presto take your pick and they'll come.

Of course John Hughes wanted some players in, David Gray of Man Utd was one but would've come at a cost that the club didn't think was value for money. I'm sure we'll be back in for him come the summer. Likewise if Falkirk are relegated then I'm sure that Arfield will come back into his thoughts.

There's others of which Hughes would've wanted but was either knocked back by the player, the players club or the Hibs Board...there will be some names we'll never know about as well.

I'm a realist, being right in the mix for 3rd place is probably above expectations considering last season. Instant success was never going to happen, it's a tough league and I'm still confident that we'll see this right to the wire.

IMO Miller being sent off incorrectly last week and Saints keeper not being sent off yesterday has cost us.

Hopefully the old saying that these things even themselves out over a season comes true and we'll get a couple of decisions going our way. Would be nice if it happened in the Scottish Cup!

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Hopefully the old saying that these things even themselves out over a season comes true and we'll get a couple of decisions going our way. Would be nice if it happened in the Scottish Cup!

We've already had our luck in the Scottish this season :wink:

James Connolly
28-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Thought Liam Craig was the best player on the park yesterday; always looking to pass & move; he's also bigger than 5' 6"!!:wink:

Franck is God
28-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Players I would like to see leave are

Riordan, Stevenson, Rankin, Gow, Stack.

Players I hope still have a future at Hibs but can't see them being here next season are

Bamba, Benji, Zemmama, McCann, Thicot, Maka.

Players I think will definitely leave are

Bamba, Benji, Zemmama, Maka. We will get a lot of money for Bamba and I'd be surprised if a deal hasn't been done already, we will get some for Zemamma but probably not as much as we'd like.

And if I was putting together a wish list, I would be looking to sign an experienced right back and two good quality central midfielders.

I would try and get Mark Wilson from Celtic as he is wasted on their bench, would make another attempt to sign Scott Arfield from Falkirk and I like Scott Robertson at Dundee United.

A squad like this could do well in the SPL....if we have a decent pitch for them to play on obviously!

Keepers - Smith, Brown, Maka, Flynn

Defenders - McCann, Willson, Hogg, Thicot, Hanlon, McCormack, Murray, Moyes, Booth.

Midfielders - Wotherspoon, Arfield, Robertson, McBride, Miller, Rankin, Welsh, Currie.

Attackers - Stokes, Nish, Byrne, Galbraith, Benji & Zemmama (I hope), Riordan & Gow (more likely)

JE89
28-02-2010, 12:45 PM

And if I was putting together a wish list, I would be looking to sign an experienced right back and two good quality central midfielders.

I would try and get Mark Wilson from Celtic as he is wasted on their bench, would make another attempt to sign Scott Arfield from Falkirk and I like Scott Robertson at Dundee United.

A squad like this could do well in the SPL....if we have a decent pitch for them to play on obviously!

Defenders - McCann, Willson, Hogg, Thicot, Hanlon, McCormack, Murray, Moyes, Booth.

Midfielders - Wotherspoon, Arfield, Robertson, McBride, Miller, Rankin, Welsh, Currie.

Attackers - Stokes, Nish, Byrne, Galbraith, Benji & Zemmama (I hope), Riordan & Gow (more likely)

Pretty contradictory no? :confused:

Franck is God
28-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Pretty contradictory no? :confused:

not really, just because I want to see them leave doesn't mean they will. I expect them to be here next season whether I like it or not.

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Players I hope still have a future at Hibs but can't see them being here next season are

Bamba, Benji, Zemmama, McCann, Thicot, Maka.

Players I think will definitely leave are

Bamba, Benji, Zemmama, Maka. We will get a lot of money for Bamba and I'd be surprised if a deal hasn't been done already, we will get some for Zemamma but probably not as much as we'd like.

Sorry but what the **** are you on? Riordan one of our most prolific goalscorers ever, not having a great season so far but some may say thats because where he is being positioned. You really haven't given Gow a chance have you? He's not been here long at all give the boy a chance eh. And as for Stack, why would you like to see him go? Our best keeper at the club imo. A good character to have in the dressing room as well.

JE89
28-02-2010, 01:03 PM
not really, just because I want to see them leave doesn't mean they will. I expect them to be here next season whether I like it or not.

You haven't got my point to be honest. You've claimed that you want Rankin, Gow and Riordan to leave yet place them in a team that could do well in the SPL. Why would you want these players to leave if you think they can add something to the team that can do well? :confused:

Franck is God
28-02-2010, 01:13 PM
You haven't got my point to be honest. You've claimed that you want Rankin, Gow and Riordan to leave yet place them in a team that could do well in the SPL. Why would you want these players to leave if you think they can add something to the team that can do well? :confused:

I listed a squad not a team, for me none of them would ever start.

I can see us signing Gow permanently in the summer as Yogi clearly rates him and I think both Riordan and Rankin will be at ER at least until the end of their current deals as I can't see any team paying money for them.

JE89
28-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I listed a squad not a team, for me none of them would ever start.

I can see us signing Gow permanently in the summer as Yogi clearly rates him and I think both Riordan and Rankin will be at ER at least until the end of their current deals as I can't see any team paying money for them.

I think you are right about Riordan and Ranking staying however I totally disagree with Riordan not starting. He can score goals from anywhere and one of the best players at the club. Opinions though eh!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Size ten out the door - Nish. If Yogi gives him another contract it will be the worst business since monkey heid gave Zibi another three years. Others out the door - Maka and Stevenson.

Franck is God
28-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I think you are right about Riordan and Ranking staying however I totally disagree with Riordan not starting. He can score goals from anywhere and one of the best players at the club. Opinions though eh!

To be honest I have been a fan of Derek since I saw him in the reserves just before he was sent on loan to Cowdenbeath as a teenager, he had something special then but that was lost when he went off to Parkhead.

If we were talking about the Riordan from his first spell at ER then I'd agree with you 100% but I'm afraid that player is gone, if Yogi can bring that player back then we have one of the best forwards in the country but on current form he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Its about time we were picking players based on what they actually do on the pitch not what they are potentially capable of.

bringbackjoeT!!
28-02-2010, 02:12 PM
not sure if craig would want to come, yogi seemed to freeze him out at Falkirk and let him go to St johnstone, ironically he used to be part of the jambos youth system before he decided to head down to ipswich

Hibs90
28-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Craig's also a bit of a dickhead and would bring nothing but trouble :wink:

GloryGlory
28-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Size ten out the door - Nish. If Yogi gives him another contract it will be the worst business since monkey heid gave Zibi another three years. Others out the door - Maka and Stevenson.

Would have to agree. Close season priorities for me - a decent target man, a couple of centre halves and a RB and a creative midfielder. All of them to be physically strong and taller than five feet nothing, please!

With the likelihood that Benji will not sign another deal and Gow's loan finishing, another striker maybe.

ahibby
28-02-2010, 02:17 PM
To be honest I have been a fan of Derek since I saw him in the reserves just before he was sent on loan to Cowdenbeath as a teenager, he had something special then but that was lost when he went off to Parkhead.

If we were talking about the Riordan from his first spell at ER then I'd agree with you 100% but I'm afraid that player is gone, if Yogi can bring that player back then we have one of the best forwards in the country but on current form he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Its about time we were picking players based on what they actually do on the pitch not what they are potentially capable of.

The problem is none of them have been doing it over the last few games.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Next season's squad, with all the players that I think will leave omitted from the list;

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Mark Brown
Thomas Flynn (season long loan at lower league club)

Ian Murray
Chris Hogg
Steven Thicot
Kevin McCann (depends on how his rehab comes along)
Paul Hanlon
Sol Bamba (perhaps depends on how well he does at the World Cup)
Lee Currie (season long loan at lower league club)

Kevin McBride
Liam Miller
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
John Rankin
Sean Welsh (season long loan at lower league club)

Colin Nish
Derek Riordan
Anthony Stokes (hope a big offer doesn't come in for him)

Away will probably be;

Makalambay
McCormack
Zemmama
Cregg
Stevenson
Benjelloun
Gow

Stokes and Bamba are possibilities for leaving and McCann may be released if he doesn't have any luck with regaining fitness.

I have no idea who we will sign.

GloryGlory
28-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Next season's squad, with all the players that I think will leave omitted from the list;

Graeme Smith
Graham Stack
Mark Brown
Thomas Flynn (season long loan at lower league club)

Ian Murray
Chris Hogg
Steven Thicot
Kevin McCann (depends on how his rehab comes along)
Paul Hanlon
Sol Bamba (perhaps depends on how well he does at the World Cup)
Lee Currie (season long loan at lower league club)

Kevin McBride
Liam Miller
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
John Rankin
Sean Welsh (season long loan at lower league club)

Colin Nish
Derek Riordan
Anthony Stokes (hope a big offer doesn't come in for him)

Away will probably be;

Makalambay
McCormack
Zemmama
Cregg
Stevenson
Benjelloun
Gow

Stokes and Bamba are possibilities for leaving and McCann may be released if he doesn't have any luck with regaining fitness.

I have no idea who we will sign.

Which leaves us really short in several areas - e.g. creativity in midfield, I think Bamba will be away therefore physical presence and height in defence, generally physical presence and height throughout the team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Don't know about in's but out's would be

Nish
Maka
Rankin
Cregg
Benji (sad to say)
Stevenson
Bamba (2m)

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Although i don't want it to happen it wouldn't make a difference if we were to sell Galbraith for good as he isn't getting a look-in anyway for some bizzare reason.

Crab apple
28-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Craig's also a bit of a dickhead and would bring nothing but trouble :wink:

Tend to agree judging by his silly gesturing after scoring against us in Perth.

Johnny_Leith
28-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd like to see us move on Makalamby, Stevenson, McCormack, Cregg, Nish, McCann, Thicot and Benji. Nish, Thicot, McCann and Benji have run their course at Hibs and need a move to get their careers going again, the rest are just pants.

I'd like to see us bring in a couple of right backs so Wortherspoon can play right midfield, a centre half, a big bustling pacy striker and hopefully Bryne will get some more game time.

scoopyboy
28-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I'd like to see us move on Makalamby, Stevenson, McCormack, Cregg, Nish, McCann, Thicot and Benji. Nish, Thicot, McCann and Benji have run their course at Hibs and need a move to get their careers going again, the rest are just pants.

I'd like to see us bring in a couple of right backs so Wortherspoon can play right midfield, a centre half, a big bustling pacy striker and hopefully Bryne will get some more game time.

Agree with what you are saying with the exception of Kevin McCann. Don't know how you can say he has run course when he has had such a bad time with injuries,

Yogi is gagging to play the laddie and will before much longer.

fife hfc
28-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Agree with what you are saying with the exception of Kevin McCann. Don't know how you can say he has run course when he has had such a bad time with injuries,

Yogi is gagging to play the laddie and will before much longer.

I wish he would hurry up then as Wotherspoon should be wide right midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

scoopyboy
28-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I wish he would hurry up then as Wotherspoon should be wide right midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

I think I am right in saying he played the whole 90 minutes against Partick at EM on Tuesday.

Probably another game or two and he might well get a game.

He has been on the bench occasionally but was never going to get on due to lack of fitness and games. A bit of social therapy IMO.

Westie1875
28-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Needs to make sure he is fit and ready first, pointless rushing a player who has had such issues with injuries.

3pm
28-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Is Dorman out of contract this summer? He'd be decent for nothing.

shamo9
28-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Plan to make everyone happy

Sell Stokes for big money in the summer: Stokes is happy, Petrie is happy.
Get O'Connor on a free and make him our top earner: fans are happy, Yogi is happy.
Play O'Connor and Riordan upfront together: Riordan's happy, team's happy.
Team plays well and we score, a lot.

See, everybody wins:wink:

Vini1875
28-02-2010, 08:12 PM
We need height and strength. Two central defenders and two central midfielders. A few off the wage bill like Benji, Maka, Thicot etc those who are not getting anywhere close to having a game.

I wouldn't like to see a huge turnover as some have suggested.

I also think that Yogi sees the likes of Galbraith and Bryne as players for the future. Hopefully some of those out of loan will prove to be ready for the step up.

.Sean.
28-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Plan to make everyone happy

Sell Stokes for big money in the summer: Stokes is happy, Petrie is happy.
Get O'Connor on a free and make him our top earner: fans are happy, Yogi is happy.
Play O'Connor and Riordan upfront together: Riordan's happy, team's happy.
Team plays well and we score, a lot.

See, everybody wins:wink:
I'd love nothing more. But can't see him back at the club yet. Also i'd be tempted to say no to Craig, he's decent but would be no more than a fringe payer for us. Also, after his gesture when he scored against us yesterday? :bye:

col02
28-02-2010, 08:17 PM
We need depth that allows Hibs to adjust for individual teams. Against certain teams it is fine having an attacking line up it is the teams where we have to match them physically that we struggle against. I would like a right back, central midfielder/defender and left midfielder all in the 6 foot plus category who can mix it if need be. To hell with being bullied off the pitch by a team like St Johnstone at home because we have a midfield of vertically challenged players.

shamo9
28-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd love nothing more. But can't see him back at the club yet. Also i'd be tempted to say no to Craig, he's decent but would be no more than a fringe payer for us. Also, after his gesture when he scored against us yesterday? :bye:

Considering the injury run he's had for the last two years I can't see too many big clubs lining up for his signature. He's also already a millionaire, much like Miller, so money might not necessarily be as crucial to him as it was before.
TBH, I think we'd be doing him a favour by giving him long-term security. There's also the possibility that if he does well he could get another big move - he's only, what, 27?

.Sean.
28-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Aye, he's 27. I definately think he'll be back at the club one day, i'm just not sure when. Hibernian certainly means alot to him, he's told me that several times.

joebakerforever
28-02-2010, 08:40 PM
It's not flair players we need, it's at least 2 - 3 big muscular guys that should be recruited.

The longer the season goes on, the more our midgets in midfield get brushed aside.

First out the door for me has to be Hogg, who lacks the physique to be an imposing defender, coupled with his indecisiveness and poor distribution.

.Sean.
28-02-2010, 08:44 PM
It's not flair players we need, it's at least 2 - 3 big muscular guys that should be recruited.

The longer the season goes on, the more our midgets in midfield get brushed aside.

First out the door for me has to be Hogg, who lacks the physique to be an imposing defender, coupled with his indecisiveness and poor distribution.
I don't think so somehow. Quite clearly Yogi rates him as one of his first decisions as manager was to appoint Hogg as captain. Add to that that Hogg is a very good player who I think will be at the club for a good time yet.

joebakerforever
28-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't think so somehow. Quite clearly Yogi rates him as one of his first decisions as manager was to appoint Hogg as captain. Add to that that Hogg is a very good player who I think will be at the club for a good time yet.

The only reason Hogg would be inflicted on us longer is because nobody else would have him

A Mowbray signing on a par with the recruitment of Shelton Martis imo.

.Sean.
28-02-2010, 09:04 PM
The only reason Hogg would be inflicted on us longer is because nobody else would have him

A Mowbray signing on a par with the recruitment of Shelton Martis imo.
:faf:

TRC
28-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Get nade covers those three on the scales any way

since90plustwo
28-02-2010, 10:10 PM
i think we need a right back, wotherspoon is brilliant going forward but a bit shakey in defence. i think we also need a big target man cause benji and nish arnt up to much. and i think we also need a tall central midfielder, murray davidson would be a good signing.

:notworthy: