PDA

View Full Version : wotherspoon (sign a right back and move him forward)

mully_bear
28-02-2010, 01:42 AM
had a few good runs today, would give us good width on the right as a right mid as opposed to RB

just a pity a RB wasnt signed in Jan and him playing a more attacking role

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 01:45 AM
had a few good runs today, would give us good width on the right as a right mid as opposed to RB

just a pity a RB wasnt signed in Jan and him playing a more attacking role

Thought Wotherspoon was good as usual today.
Can't see why McCormack can't play at RB, or even the under-rated Thicot.

woodythehibee
28-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Thought Wotherspoon was good as usual today.
Can't see why McCormack can't play at RB, or even the under-rated Thicot.

McCormack is suspended by the club after recent events i believe. I think Thicot is a player, maybe not an RB though...

Hibbyradge
28-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Although we have several areas of concern, one which doesn't seem to get mentioned very often is right back.

David Wotherspoon is a very talented player and he is doing a decent job at present, but playing him back there really is a waste of his talent.

In the second half yesterday, he was the one player who actually ran at St Johnstone and we looked dangerous each time.

I can't wait to se him playing in the middle, preferably in a 4 4 2 with either Murray or Bamba in there too.

Now that I think about it, Murray on the left of midfield would not only give us more much needed physical presence, but would probably help Deek too.

Stevenson or Hanlon to left back in his place. :dunno:

down the slope
28-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Although we have several areas of concern, one which doesn't seem to get mentioned very often is right back.

David Wotherspoon is a very talented player and he is doing a decent job at present, but playing him back there really is a waste of his talent.

In the second half yesterday, he was the one player who actually ran at St Johnstone and we looked dangerous each time.

I can't wait to se him playing in the middle, preferably in a 4 4 2 with either Murray or Bamba in there too.

Now that I think about it, Murray on the left of midfield would not only give us more much needed physical presence, but would probably help Deek too.

Stevenson or Hanlon to left back in his place. :dunno:

Spot on,we had a chance in the Jan window but we brought in another two goalkeepers !!!, we now have the best goalkeeping squad in the SPL and no proper right back, we also need another centre back to replace Hoggenbauer
who would not get a game in any other SPL side let alone captain it. It seems to me that there is no joined up thinking from Hughes as it was obvious what was needed regarding replacements but he brought in another old mate from Falkirk who he never plays when we als are crying out to replace the seven dwarfs in midfield.I gie up !!!!.

3pm
28-02-2010, 10:41 AM
One of many things that need addressed in my view. LM is another position needing sorted as you rightly say. I wouldn't play Murray there just now, I think we need him at the back. I'd be tempted to try Gow on the left with Riordan in the hole just now. Riordan is contributing hee haw on the left at the moment, all of which is NOT his fault and we need to get him more involved.

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2010, 10:44 AM
is McCann back training or what's up with him?

Even if he's out, McCormack can do a steady job at RB IMO, meaning Wotherspoon at RM, and IMO we could put Zemmama LM, with Deek moving upfront making a 4-4-2.

..................................keeper.......... .........................

McCann/McCormack ......Hogg........Bamba............Murray

Wotherspoon.....Miller....McBride/Rankin/Lewis.....Gow/Zouma

.................Stokes......................Deek. ......................

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I agree. Getting a decent RB would allow us to push Wotherspoon into RM and he can hurt teams with his runs and chip in with a few goals in that position, and he can also get stuck in in midfield given us a more solid midfield 4.

I also think we need a new LM unless Zemmama can fill that position and perform regularly.

3pm
28-02-2010, 10:47 AM
is McCann back training or what's up with him?

Even if he's out, McCormack can do a steady job at RB IMO, meaning Wotherspoon at RM, and IMO we could put Zemmama LM, with Deek moving upfront making a 4-4-2.

..................................keeper.......... .........................

McCann/McCormack ......Hogg........Bamba............Murray

Wotherspoon........Miller......Rankin/Lewis.......Gow/Zouma

.................Stokes......................Deek. ......................

McBride has toiled since he has been injured at the end of last year but he's a better option than JR and LS!

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2010, 10:48 AM
McBride has toiled since he has been injured at the end of last year but he's a better option than JR and LS!

I know :greengrin
just forgot, too much focus trying to sort out our wide areas.

3pm
28-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I know :greengrin
just forgot, too much focus trying to sort out our wide areas.

:thumbsup:

Don't waste too much energy on the wide areas mate, there are only 24 hours in a day!:greengrin