PDA

View Full Version : Bamba (merged)

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Not a knee jerk reaction, I just feel that since his return he has been pretty guff.
Even the re-introduction of Stack to 'contol' him seems to have failed.
IMHO he is quickly becoming a liability at centre back.

Coco Bryce
27-02-2010, 05:03 PM
He had a better game today than he has the last couple of weeks.

Sylar
27-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Have we won since he came back from the ACN?

If not (I don't think we have?), then it's obvious what the answer should be!

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Obviously I wasn't there but listening to it on the radio it seems he wasn't much better.
It seems no coincidense (sp) that since he came back into the team we have been at sixes and sevens at the back.

PeterboroHibee
27-02-2010, 05:08 PM
We beat St Mirren when he scored the OG.

Sounded horrific at times again today, lucky not to concede more than one. Needs dropped, was a poor call by Yogi to drop Hanlon who was playing well in the first place, would def have him in over Bamba next week though.

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:11 PM
We beat St Mirren when he scored the OG.

Sounded horrific at times again today, lucky not to concede more than one. Needs dropped, was a poor call by Yogi to drop Hanlon who was playing well in the first place, would def have him in over Bamba next week though.

Oh aye, forgot about that classic performance...that makes it alright then:rolleyes:

Oscar Lomax
27-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Bamba, over-rated, never Hibs class but a hero in the eye's off 90% off Hibs fans.....why?.....It beat's me for sure.
Get him out off the team.
This has been one off Yogi's biggest err's not getting a centre half in during the window.

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 05:29 PM
You get the sense that Bamba has an attitude about him now

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:31 PM
You get the sense that Bamba has an attitude about him now

A bad one.

Beefster
27-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Anyone who's posted so far care to explain why Bamba should be dropped after today? I was at the match and can't tell why he's been singled out.

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 05:32 PM
A bad one.

:agree:

The_Horde
27-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe Yogi has been promised half the profit from his sale for Transfers?

Nah?

Thought not.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Just home. We were awful, truelly awful!! Bamba was ropey...wouldnt give anyone pass marks

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-02-2010, 05:36 PM
was anybody there today? without bamba we would have been helpless on many occasions, he is not at his best but if we didn't have his height our average height would be 4"3?

Jim44
27-02-2010, 05:37 PM
We've nothing to lose by dropping him. We can't win when he's playing and there's so many criticisms, reservations and rumours about him for it all to be imagined. The match against Killie might be the time to take the plunge.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-02-2010, 05:38 PM
No. Don't drop him against Killie. They have Kyle, who deals with him? Hogg? I think not. Hogg couldn't cope with Deuchar today!!

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 05:39 PM
think theres a lot of :fishin: going on here.

this is the same player that we all expected to see go for a couple of mil- and rightly so. Hes had a dip in form but looked back to best today imo.

bbc are quick to make a story out of a few murmurs of discontent- dont believe everything you hear on the radio

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 05:43 PM
We've nothing to lose by dropping him. We can't win when he's playing and there's so many criticisms, reservations and rumours about him for it all to be imagined. The match against Killie might be the time to take the plunge.

short term memory loss? can you remember earlier on in the season when he was nothing short of imperious? huge unbeaten runs, getting forwarded for countless motm's from fans.

its a dip.

he will come through it.

and we will all be singing his praises again

Bob1875
27-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Holy Cow, the OP wasnt even at the game!!!!

How can you say a player should be dropped??

FWIW I thought Bamba was excellent today and saved ours and Hoggs ***** a good few times.

GloryGlory
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Wasn't the worst by any means, Spoony and Hogg both had poor games, IMO. Ian Murray had a few shaky moments as well.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone who's posted so far care to explain why Bamba should be dropped after today? I was at the match and can't tell why he's been singled out.

He was better than Hogg again today who again looked like the weak link.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Bamba, over-rated, never Hibs class but a hero in the eye's off 90% off Hibs fans.....why?.....It beat's me for sure.
This has been one off Yogi's biggest err's not getting a centre half in during the window.

Not in my eyes. Another bomb scare like jones was

BryanV
27-02-2010, 06:01 PM
If the radio said he had a poor game then I think he should be dropped, if the radio said. Read back what you posted Erskine Hibby.....

Radio...

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Why did this not happen today?!?! They bullied us in midfield up there, we knew what to expect today! Bamba has been horrible in defence recently. He was immense in the sitting midfield role lst season. Why play Stevenson today?? Nothing against him, in fact I quite like him but not against their midfield. We would have bn stronger at the bk with Hanlon and we would have bn stronger in midfield with Bamba.

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Lot of people jumping on the bandwagon here.My observations from the famous five stand at Easter Road:

Bamba was great today. He was powerful, won headers and generally had a solid game.

Hogg on the other hand was bullied out the game, won nothing in the air and 3 times let the ball bounce in front of him.

Still, lets drop Bamba instead.

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Wasn't the worst by any means, Spoony and Hogg both had poor games, IMO. Ian Murray had a few shaky moments as well.

Really? Spoony was my MOTM :confused:

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 06:06 PM
worth a shot.

dont recall stevenson doing much today, tho as you say, i have a lot of time for him too..... but a lot of that is based on his cup final performance! :wink:

Judas Iscariot
Lot of people jumping on the bandwagon here.My observations from the famous five stand at Easter Road:

Bamba was great today. He was powerful, won headers and generally had a solid game.

Hogg on the other hand was bullied out the game, won nothing in the air and 3 times let the ball bounce in front of him.

:agree::top marks

You probably would've got a better view of Bamba's performance of you watched it on the radio though :wink:

Simkin911
Sponsors MoM today. :confused: So inconsistent. Some good interceptions and then he'd fluff a clearance in the box to the opposing team. Let's face it, no team watching him over the last couple of months would shell out big time for him.

The entire back four looked uncomfortable. Hogg won all the free headers and their guys won the rest.

Wotherspoon's development/confidence isn't going to be helped playing in that defence based on the overall performance today.

Still think Bamba & Hanlon would be better pairing than Bamba/Hogg.

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Ive said it before I will say it again,Hoggy played pi5h he was dropped,why bombscares not been dropped I have no idea.Yi cannae come in as a new manager and use Hoggy as an example then not carry the threat out again.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 06:09 PM

i agree, he always seems to get into the game more in the second half. think my mate was right when he said thats prob down to the effect of the east stand getting behind his mazy runs.

his first touch is becoming murphy-esque. i especially like the flick inside that he does, pays off every time! :thumbsup: and is the key to him skinning oponents

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Ive said it before I will say it again,Hoggy played pi5h he was dropped,why bombscares not been dropped I have no idea.Yi cannae come in as a new manager and use Hoggy as an example then not carry the threat out again.

i think this is because both yogi and the board are looking to sell bamba in the summer.

he therefore needs to be in the shop window.

this is an international player we are talking about, who at times has been nothing short of immense. ive every faith that he'll find form soon, but not if he's yoyo-ing in and out the team

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2010, 06:12 PM

What did Bamba do wrong today Oscar?

mcfly
27-02-2010, 06:14 PM
bamba covered for our club captain today who is hopeless and should not get a game.

did hogg win a challenge today?? , does he inspire the team??

get him dropped yogi and fast

bring back hanlon and smith in goals

noseyhibby
27-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I lost patience a long time ago waiting for Stevenson to live up to the hype surrounding him from nearly 3 years ago!! He is not SPL standard, which is not his fault. He's a trier, but unfortunately effort and talent don't always go together. His diminutive size does him no favours against most SPL midfielders. For me, he is 1st division material.

Sudds_1
27-02-2010, 06:15 PM

He has an attitude, he was shaky, at times he was simply awful....

.....but by no means the worst today. Hogg was consistently abysmal, midfield was overrun, and I'm not quite sure why Nish was there. As for the Pilton Messiah............don;t get me started.

Nope, I've been critical of Sol these past few weeks - I think he's deserved that. but today he was only bad amongst a great deal of worse! :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 06:21 PM

. Nothing gives you greater satisfaction than slating him on here and I'd be surprised if at least 50 of your posts were not anti-Bamba ramblings.

He's our best centre-back by a distance. Get over it.

7Hero
27-02-2010, 06:23 PM
listening to the radio martin hanning had a great game for hamilton, duberry looks solid for st johnstone, corrigan or whatever his name is was solid for motherwell again. th elist goes on. its not hard, somebody experienced who is solid.

hogg wins nothing in the air, today i dont think he won one header, teams just pump it to him and thats us in trouble. secondly everytime he did something wrong he shouted at wotherspoon, hardly the best way for a captin to act.

as for babma i have never been a fan, all the kids on this site think the sun shines out his arse, evidently hughes does too, drops a goalie so we can put somebody in who "talks" to bamba.

serious serious problems at the back, no point having 3 great goalies with a bunch of huddies in front of them.

to be fair though the whole team stank today, basic basic skills lacking.

very worried about the derby now, we are an easy team to beat i feel...

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Nothing gives you greater satisfaction than slating him on here and I'd be surprised if at least 50 of your posts were not anti-Bamba ramblings.

He's our best centre-back by a distance. Get over it.

I said before that I'm convinced his bird is that skank from Fife Bamba was meant to have pumped and got up the duff..

Bamba and Hanlon at CH for me..

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:27 PM
listening to the radio martin hanning had a great game for hamilton, duberry looks solid for st johnstone, corrigan or whatever his name is was solid for motherwell again. th elist goes on. its not hard, somebody experienced who is solid.

hogg wins nothing in the air, today i dont think he won one header, teams just pump it to him and thats us in trouble. secondly everytime he did something wrong he shouted at wotherspoon, hardly the best way for a captin to act.

as for babma i have never been a fan, all the kids on this site think the sun shines out his arse, evidently hughes does too, drops a goalie so we can put somebody in who "talks" to bamba.

serious serious problems at the back, no point having 3 great goalies with a bunch of huddies in front of them.

to be fair though the whole team stank today, basic basic skills lacking.

very worried about the derby now, we are an easy team to beat i feel...

How about that Martin Canning guy?

Shrekko
27-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I lost patience a long time ago waiting for Stevenson to live up to the hype surrounding him from nearly 3 years ago!! He is not SPL standard, which is not his fault. He's a trier, but unfortunately effort and talent don't always go together. His diminutive size does him no favours against most SPL midfielders. For me, he is 1st division material.
Everyone 'likes him' but nobody knows why, apart from myths about his potential. A man short today and hid behind his marker the whole game.

As the OP says- get Bamba in midfield and Hanlon back in.

allmodcons
27-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Why did this not happen today?!?! They bullied us in midfield up there, we knew what to expect today! Bamba has been horrible in defence recently. He was immense in the sitting midfield role lst season. Why play Stevenson today?? Nothing against him, in fact I quite like him but not against their midfield. We would have bn stronger at the bk with Hanlon and we would have bn stronger in midfield with Bamba.

It didn't happen because Hanlon was absolutely terrible at CH against Deuchar and Sheridan only 10 days ago when Saints humped us 5v1.

He was badly 'bullied' that night and IMO would have been 'bullied' again today.

.Sean.
27-02-2010, 06:32 PM
In a word, yes. He shouldn't have walked straight back into the team anyway. Hanlon was performing well and the backline was looking very settled and pretty solid.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Bamba HAS to play in midfield!!!!!

SRHibs
27-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Bamba wasn't that bad today imo. Had a couple of shaky moments in the last 10 minutes but he wasn't helped by his teammates passing the ball to him in his own box.
Hogg was worse imo. We need a more commanding captain. Stack, Wotherspoon, Murray all all seemed to be doing more instructing than Hogg.

7Hero
27-02-2010, 06:37 PM
yup canning thats it....

GloryGlory
27-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Not defensively, IMO I agree he had a few runs forward in the second half, but defending he was poor.

James Connolly
27-02-2010, 06:39 PM
bamba covered for our club captain today who is hopeless and should not get a game.

did hogg win a challenge today?? , does he inspire the team??

get him dropped yogi and fast

bring back hanlon and smith in goals

Totally agree...apart fi the Smith bit; I prefer Stack tbh.

Hogg was a joke today, and has been a good few times this season.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:42 PM
It didn't happen because Hanlon was absolutely terrible at CH against Deuchar and Sheridan only 10 days ago when Saints humped us 5v1.

He was badly 'bullied' that night and IMO would have been 'bullied' again today.

Like Hogg was bullied today and has been ALL season :confused:

allmodcons
27-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Like Hogg was bullied today and has been ALL season :confused:

Not like you to have a pop at Hogg!!

OP asked why Hanlon wasn't CH and I've responded to his question.

Change the ******ing record. Thread wisnae about Hogg.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Not like you to have a pop at Hogg!!

OP asked why Hanlon wasn't CH and I've responded to his question.

Change the ******ing record. Thread wisnae about Hogg.

**Thread Police Alert**

Arch Stanton
27-02-2010, 07:01 PM
By all accounts Hanlon had a hard time of it away to St J and I don't see how he would have coped any better today - they are a big physical team a few of our players struggled with them.

Broken Gnome
27-02-2010, 07:11 PM

If someone can genuinely show me where Lewis Stevenson has made a markedly impressive and important contribution to a game over the last three years, I'd love to see it. Even the CIS final he did a lot of things well rather than make any telling assists or game-defining moments.

MussyHibby
27-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Obviously I wasn't there but listening to it on the radio it seems he wasn't much better.
It seems no coincidense (sp) that since he came back into the team we have been at sixes and sevens at the back.

Asking for a player to be dropped when your listening to "open all mikes bbc":blah::blah::blah: Drop Bamba because the radio says so!:confused:

What a ridiculous justification!:bitchy:

Bamba, again, was not at his best but goodness me he was better than most. It was a horrid Hibs performance that we were fortunate to get anything out of.

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Asking for a player to be dropped when your listening to "open all mikes bbc":blah::blah::blah: Drop Bamba because the radio says so!:confused:

What a ridiculous justification!:bitchy:

Bamba, again, was not at his best but goodness me he was better than most. It was a horrid Hibs performance that we were fortunate to get anything out of.

I was asking a question, not making any statements about todays performance in particular, but rather about the last few games.
As for the radio, I find that listening to the game you get a different perspective than the usual hibs tinted one from RH ,or, from the average punter.

There is no doubt that we have not played well for the last few games and it seems no coinsidence that this has happened since Bamba came back into the team...hence my question.

JimBHibees
27-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Bamba was Hibs best player today and if he hadnt been there we would have lost. Hogg again was very poor, weak , slow, indecisive and constantly caught out.

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Bamba was Hibs best player today and if he hadnt been there we would have lost. Hogg again was very poor, weak , slow, indecisive and constantly caught out.

This does not answer the question though bud.
You are surely not saying that things would have been worse had Bamba not have come back into the team? We seemed to be doing rather well without him:agree:
And why does it take a change of goalie to 'control' him?????

greenlex
27-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Exactly. Folks not at the game calling for a player to be dropped on Radio evidence. FFS not a knee jerk rection but more of a whole body one. We were poor once again but singling out Bamba is so far of the mark it beggars belief.

greenlex
27-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I was asking a question, not making any statements about todays performance in particular, but rather about the last few games.
As for the radio, I find that listening to the game you get a different perspective than the usual hibs tinted one from RH ,or, from the average punter.

There is no doubt that we have not played well for the last few games and it seems no coinsidence that this has happened since Bamba came back into the team...hence my question.
The same radio station whose report on last week emphasised how poor Hibs were in their match summary but failed to mention we were down to ten men? You seriously forming an opinion on games from that?

JimBHibees
27-02-2010, 08:31 PM
This does not answer the question though bud.
You are surely not saying that things would have been worse had Bamba not have come back into the team? We seemed to be doing rather well without him:agree:
And why does it take a change of goalie to 'control' him?????

Thought the question was should Bamba be dropped? When he is our best central defender by a distance they answer is no.

If he wasnt playing today we would have lost, as the meerkat says, simples..

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 08:33 PM
The same radio station whose report on last week emphasised how poor Hibs were in their match summary but failed to mention we were down to ten men? You seriously forming an opinion on games from that?

No, I am asking a question.

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Thought the question was should Bamba be dropped? When he is our best central defender by a distance they answer is no.

If he wasnt playing today we would have lost, as the meerkat says, simples..

Fairy snuff, but apart from your opinion on him at todays game what about his, and Hibs, performances sin ce his return...surely no coinsidence???

greenlex
27-02-2010, 08:39 PM
No, I am asking a question.
OK No not by a distance he should be dropped. How have you formed your opinion that he should be?

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 08:41 PM
OK No not by a distance he should be dropped. How have you formed your opinion that he should be?

I haven't!!!
I asked a question that's all.

Beefster
27-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Fairy snuff, but apart from your opinion on him at todays game what about his, and Hibs, performances sin ce his return...surely no coinsidence???

The entire team have been playing poorly so unless he's made them all play pish since he came back, it's a coincidence.

greenlex
27-02-2010, 08:43 PM
I haven't!!!
I asked a question that's all.
So you think hes guff and a liability and desrves to be in the team then?

HFC 0-7
27-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Holy Cow, the OP wasnt even at the game!!!!

How can you say a player should be dropped??

FWIW I thought Bamba was excellent today and saved ours and Hoggs ***** a good few times.

Dont think he was excellent, but I thought he was better than Hogg and Wotherspoon. For some reason hogg passed Deuchar onto wotherspoon a lot today, and in that battle there is only going to be one winner. Team had a howler today, nothing worked, even when our 'super' forward line got chances they never took them, Riordan doing to much when he should have just shot and Nish blaming the pitch for not shooting then having a complete fresh air shot (Which did make me laugh a little!)

PaulSmith
27-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Not a knee jerk reaction, I just feel that since his return he has been pretty guff.

Not ready any other posts after this first one but on what basis after today do you think he should be dropped?

I can only presume that your comment is based on 'watching' the game on radio rather than the game that I watched.

So answer is a resounding 'no'.

matty_f
27-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I thought Bamba was good today:confused:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 10:18 PM
He is fantastic at tackling and at making vital challenges but once he's won possession, he quite often immediately gives it away again by making a bad pass.

Those are two things that have been evident in the entire 18 months that he has been at Hibs and are his biggest strengths and weaknesses.

To answer the question, he should not be dropped.

madabouthibs
27-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I prefered him in the midfield to be honest.
And today, we could have done with him in midfield, and maybe Hanlon and Hogg at CB.
St. J sailed through our midfield today, meaning we had to resort to hoof-ball.
St. J also did an excellent job of closing us down, and playing high up the park too.

To answer the OP's question, I wouldn't drop Bamba, but I'd consider moving him up the park a bit, where he could dive into cringeworthy tackles to his hearts content! :agree:

JimmyL
27-02-2010, 10:40 PM
worth a shot.

dont recall stevenson doing much today, tho as you say, i have a lot of time for him too..... but a lot of that is based on his cup final performance! :wink:

Sorry but i just dont get this cup final performace! IMHO he is a lower division player

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 10:48 PM
IMO if you're going to play in midfield, you have to be able to pass the ball. Bamba's passing is normally pretty poor so for that reason alone, I don't believe he should play in midfield.

Ants
27-02-2010, 10:51 PM
As I have mentioned in another thread, the team is getting tinkered with too much.

Yes, we can all see that Bamba is the problem, Yogi is blinkered !!!!

If you dont believe me, just search the threads since Bamba has come back.... not very good reading for him!

If we put Bamba in midfield, then at least the defence can clean up all f his mistakes.

Put Bamba in defence, then who is gonnae clean up then?

The man is a liability in defence... Midfield please.

Ants
27-02-2010, 10:56 PM

That is putting it politely..... he is rank rotten.

The whole team has been reschuffled around about him and still NO RESULTS.

Get Smith in goals

Get Hanlon back in defence

Put Bambi into midfield.... at least if he makes any mistakes, the young team in defence will manage from now on....

greenlex
27-02-2010, 10:58 PM
That is putting it politely..... he is rank rotten.

The whole team has been reschuffled around about him and still NO RESULTS.

Get Smith in goals

Get Hanlon back in defence

Put Bambi into midfield.... at least if he makes any mistakes, the young team in defence will manage from now on....

What telling mistakes did he make today then? :confused: Other than a couple for poor clearances /bad passes I cant think of any mistakes at all.

Ants
27-02-2010, 11:04 PM
What telling mistakes did he make today then? :confused: Other than a couple for poor clearances /bad passes I cant think of any mistakes at all.

You have already answered my opinion.

He is a liability if we ever play a good team.

greenlex
27-02-2010, 11:07 PM
You have already answered my opinion.

He is a liability if we ever play a good team.
Bull**** man. None of the poor clearances or passes were of the liability class. He did far more good things in the game whilst holding the defence together almost single handedly. Of the back four Bamba was head and shoulders above the other three. Liability my @rse.
I would like to point out than none of the midfeild at any point gave the defence any protection at all.

Part/Time Supporter
27-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Compared to the other three defenders, Bamba was brilliant.

Did Hogg win a header today?

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Bull**** man. None of the poor clearances or passes were of the liability class. He did far more good things in the game whilst holding the defence together almost single handedly. Of the back four Bamba was head and shoulders above the other three. Liability my @rse.
I would like to point out than none of the midfeild at any point gave the defence any protection at all.

:top marks 100% how i saw it

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 12:22 AM
We can`t defend from the front or midfield and irrespective of the combination at the back we struggle, Yogi please reinstate Zemmama on the right wing ( especially at home) and play Sol beside Miller with Deeks and Stokes up front.

MussyHibby
28-02-2010, 12:25 AM

Time to drop Bamba?

EH, you asked this question then effectively responded with the comment in bold!

To me that is you answering the question, or to put it another way, your question was rhetorical. You have already made your mind up. It wasn't a true question.

Also think you've made a fool of yourself asking for a player to be dropped on the basis of radio commentary and the "perspective" they give and you get!:faf:

gogs_t
28-02-2010, 12:26 AM

There are certain players that the radio commentators "have it in for" and Bamba along with ANY Hibs goalkeeper is one of those players. I never take for granted what's said on the radio and actually thought big Sol had a good game today. He was undeservedly booked in the 1st half so made it difficult for him for the rest of the game, but he handled it pretty well. I was one of those who thought Hanlon was unfortunate to be dropped when Bamba came back, but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement on his performances.

Judas Iscariot
28-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Time to drop Bamba?

EH, you asked this question then effectively responded with the comment in bold!

To me that is you answering the question, or to put it another way, your question was rhetorical. You have already made your mind up. It wasn't a true question.

Also think you've made a fool of yourself asking for a player to be dropped on the basis of radio commentary and the "perspective" they give and you get!:faf:

The radio said so :agree:

MussyHibby
28-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Not for me personally, then again, as long as the big man is playing!

Maybe sometimes, not today though as they were a right handful up front and Bamba was our best defendder by a long way.:agree:

maximushibee
28-02-2010, 12:57 AM
get big maka back in goals least hes not let in many goals :greengrintin hat:greengrin:duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck:: duck::duck:

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 02:23 AM
To be honest Bamba has been nothing short of abysmal since coming back from the African Nations compared to his form before he left, we need to him in midfield IMO to strengthen it up so we don't get bullied in there every game.

BEEJ
28-02-2010, 10:09 AM
i think this is because both yogi and the board are looking to sell bamba in the summer.

he therefore needs to be in the shop window.

this is an international player we are talking about, who at times has been nothing short of immense. ive every faith that he'll find form soon, but not if he's yoyo-ing in and out the team
There are rumours that the Ivory Coast may be bringing in a new manager before the WC.

If so, someone new for Bamba to prove himself to in order to get into their WC squad.

sleeping giant
28-02-2010, 10:32 AM
No disrespect to the OP but anyone who calls for a player to be dropped when they dont go to games is a complete mentalist :agree:

Behave yourself Erskine :greengrin

sleeping giant
28-02-2010, 10:33 AM
To be honest Bamba has been nothing short of abysmal since coming back from the African Nations compared to his form before he left, we need to him in midfield IMO to strengthen it up so we don't get bullied in there every game.

Who would you replace in Midfield ?

J-C
28-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Who would you replace in Midfield ?

Stevenson/Rankin/Cregg

Hibbyradge
28-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I thought Bamba was our best player today.

But then I was at the match so what would I know? :wink:

sleeping giant
28-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Stevenson/Rankin/Cregg

Completely forgot about Stevenson !:greengrin

I can't really judge Cregg as ive only seen him as a sub .

erskine-hibby
28-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Time to drop Bamba?

So you make a fool of yourself if you ask a question or have an opinion???

Seems like everyone on here must be fools then eh??

The question was not rhetorical in any way, shape, or form if you can't understand that, that's not my problem. I used the word 'should' i.e. looking for everyones opinions.
You are obviously of the opinion that because I didn't go to yesterdays game I can't have one, but if you had actually read what I said, it was to do with the run of bad results since his return to the team.
I did say he seems to becoming a bit of a liability, ok, he has not cost us any goals other than the OG against St Mirren, but IMHO he has been more than a little bit shakey and Yogi seems to have changed the team around him, which again IMHO is a bad thing to do as he is not that good as to build a team around.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 11:04 AM
I thought Bamba was our best player today.

But then I was at the match so what would I know? :wink:

Me too, christ if we had another central defender who couldnt win any headers, we'd have been in real trouble. Hogg and Murray were awful yesterday, and to single out Bamba is just mad. We wre lucky to get a point today, with so many players playing bad. But to say Bamba was the worst, then you are either mad, or listened to it on the radio.:confused:

PaulSmith
28-02-2010, 11:39 AM
OP will get his wish as I;m sure that Bamba has just hit the 18 point mark in terms of bookings and will miss the Hearts game.

mcfly
28-02-2010, 12:06 PM
i cant believe some of the posts on here calling for bamba to be dropped.....get a grip guys, were any of you at the game yesterday??? did you watch hogg??

bamba covers up his errors all the time. i am sick of seeing hibs bullied off the ball. we are powder puff.perhaps bamba in midfield is the answer...i dont know, however i'd be looking to sign up that guy duberry as a replacement for bamba as he was immense.

will you all be moaning in the summer when bamba moves on for a million quid......you woudnt get the price of my season ticket for our club captain

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 12:10 PM
IMO Bamba would walk into that current Sellick team, so don't be surprised....:grr:

MussyHibby
28-02-2010, 12:45 PM
So you make a fool of yourself if you ask a question or have an opinion???

Seems like everyone on here must be fools then eh??

The question was not rhetorical in any way, shape, or form if you can't understand that, that's not my problem. I used the word 'should' i.e. looking for everyones opinions.
You are obviously of the opinion that because I didn't go to yesterdays game I can't have one, but if you had actually read what I said, it was to do with the run of bad results since his return to the team.
I did say he seems to becoming a bit of a liability, ok, he has not cost us any goals other than the OG against St Mirren, but IMHO he has been more than a little bit shakey and Yogi seems to have changed the team around him, which again IMHO is a bad thing to do as he is not that good as to build a team around.

Fool = radio, not opinions!

You might want to believe you asked a question but to me you made a statement. You're kidding yourself.

Just look at the amount of references to "the radio". I'm not going to even comment on the other drivel. Best if you just showed a bit humility and realised your comment was ridiculous.

JCHibby
28-02-2010, 01:08 PM
short term memory loss? can you remember earlier on in the season when he was nothing short of imperious? huge unbeaten runs, getting forwarded for countless motm's from fans.

its a dip.

he will come through it.

and we will all be singing his praises again

Care to explain how the balance of the team has gone since his return? Yogi has to bring in Stack to try and cope with him, apart from that hes different class.

On the subject of Kyle - seem to remember Hanlon & Hogg coping with Fortune at Parkhead so just because they have Kyle does not mean we have to play Bambi.

At the end of the day Yogi works with these boys every day so he is best placed to make the call however some questions need asked of big Sol.

madabouthibs
28-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Bamba is the big tough tackling midfielder we've been crying out for since December.
Drop Nish, stick Riordan up top with Stokes.
Stick Hanlon in at CB.

Rocket science! :agree:

erskine-hibby
28-02-2010, 02:49 PM
[B]

Fool = radio, not opinions!

You might want to believe you asked a question but to me you made a statement. You're kidding yourself.

Just look at the amount of references to "the radio". I'm not going to even comment on the other drivel. Best if you just showed a bit humility and realised your comment was ridiculous.

I made one reference to emphasise that I was not there yesterday but you seem to think that because of that i can't have an opinion or ask any questions.
Again, if you can't tell a question from a statement that is your problem.
The original 'question' was in the title (which has now been changed) 'should Bamba be dropped?'.

Fool = not being able to understand something this simple.

ahibby
28-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure any of them deserve pass marks for yesterday, there was some commitment to be seen but none of the deftness in finishing that maybe we should expect. For me the one thing that might have turned the game in our favour was to bring Zemama on earlier when St Johnstone were commiting players forward leaving them vulnerable at the back. Zemama I'm pretty sure is the best player at the club who can exploit that situation. His passing is usually defence splitting, he can run with the ball take on players and get passed them. That all adds up to an effective player in a team that is going to hit on the break being 1-0 up. Unfortunately Yogi brings him on only after an injury and they have equalised which meant they were able to go back to defending with four. That in my view was an oversight on Yogis part. Having said that it was another bad day at the office for our boys. Nothing was coming off for Spoony in the first half much improved in the second. Neither Nish nor Riordan looked up for the pace of the game. Even Ian Murray looked out of sorts. Maybe the season is beginning to tell on them while St Johnstone are a bit fresher having had so many games called off. Unfortunately for them they will have to play those games sometime and that's maybe when they will feel the strain of a long hard winter. Maybe's aye maybes naw. We were all poor for what ever reason but I thought Bamba made a few last ditch challenges which would probably have led to goals for them, not saying he is wonderful just that with out him yesterday I think we would have come worse off.

greenlex
28-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I made one reference to emphasise that I was not there yesterday but you seem to think that because of that i can't have an opinion or ask any questions.
The original 'question' was in the title (which has now been changed) 'should Bamba be dropped?'.

See instead of getting hung up on the wording could you answer the questions in my last post.

In your opinion does he deserve to be dropped?
If not why ask the question?
If you think he does how have you formed your opinion?
Thanks in advance.

MussyHibby
28-02-2010, 04:03 PM

Not there yesterday but based on radio commentary Bamba should be dropped? Emphasis being on that word which suggests you're normally there and are entitled to your opinion. Of course you are, but again, your statement is that because he sounded poor on the radio :faf: you ask a loaded question. You're so in denial it's no real. Like I said EH, a bit of acceptance and humility would be nice but then you're avatar probably suits you.

erskine-hibby
28-02-2010, 08:24 PM
See instead of getting hung up on the wording could you answer the questions in my last post.

In your opinion does he deserve to be dropped?
If not why ask the question?
If you think he does how have you formed your opinion?
Thanks in advance.

I asked the question because reading through some of the posts by others on here and, IMHO, the less than satisfactory way we have been playing since his return.
Maybe I should just have made it a poll and been done with it eh??

Personally I think he is more effective in midfield as at times, in defence, he looks a bit like a fish out of water.

erskine-hibby
28-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Not there yesterday but based on radio commentary Bamba should be dropped? Emphasis being on that word which suggests you're normally there and are entitled to your opinion. Of course you are, but again, your statement is that because he sounded poor on the radio :faf: you ask a loaded question. You're so in denial it's no real. Like I said EH, a bit of acceptance and humility would be nice but then you're avatar probably suits you.

Oh for Gods sake!!
What the ****** am I in denial about???
Why should I have any reason to show humility?????

I ask a question, you don't get it, so it's loaded in some way:confused:

The question was not based on radio commentary, it was based on the results and performances since his return which, as it happens, coincides with a slump in the whole teams form. I mearly pointed out that I was not there yesterday to stop someone, like yourself, saying 'how can I have an opinion since I wasn't there'.

I get the feeling you are a big Bamba fan and he can do no wrong in your eyes.
Me? I think he is ok, being played out of position IMHO and also IMHO the defence should not have been changed around to accommodate him...rather he should be in midfield.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-02-2010, 08:42 PM
________________Smith

Wotherspoon___Hogg___Hanlon___Murray

____________Bamba_____McBride
_________________Miller

Zemmama_____________________Riordan
_________________Stokes

Looks decent to me assuming we can get Bamba suring up the midfield allowing Zemmama and Miller playing the ball on the ground, and therefore giving Stokes decent distribution which is essential if he is going to play as a lone striker.

Ed De Gramo
28-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd rather see Hanlon & Hogg at centre half...put Bamba into DM where he's been most effective :agree:

The whole 'Smith was dropped because he didn't fit in with Bamba's game' thing is just pish :agree:

Gingertosser
01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I listen to the Radio while watching Hibs, usually Open All Mics.

Its usually so far off the mark its frightening, especially with Alan Preston.

He is usually screaming how its a chance for the Saints, and trying to claim we got away with murder, when in fact its a not even a shot. :grr:

Amazingly, on Saturday he was claiming Bamba was about to get sent off for going thro the back of a Saints player after he had been booked. It was actually Hogg who made the challenge, an easy mistake, seeing as they look so alike. :confused:

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY
Bamba was supposed to have left in the huff on Saturday, storming out when he should have been accepting his MOM award :confused:, Stack stepped in for him.

MussyHibby
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Bamba was supposed to have left in the huff on Saturday, storming out when he should have been accepting his MOM award :confused:, Stack stepped in for him.

Oh ****!:grr:

That'll be the usual suspects on shortly then telling us about his arrogance and billy big baws status.:wink:

The truth is he was going to see Jane McDonald in concert at the Playhouse.:agree:

RoslinInstHibby
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
i started the previous Should Bamba be dropped thread, but in all fairness, he was better on saturday. Not great but defo better:agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
The truth is he was going to see Jane McDonald in concert at the Playhouse.:agree:

Cab ye no just delete that, and say he punched Yogi, or raped Riordans dug. FFS he will be mortified that's got out.

sesoim
02-03-2010, 01:45 AM
We can`t defend from the front or midfield and irrespective of the combination at the back we struggle, Yogi please reinstate Zemmama on the right wing ( especially at home) and play Sol beside Miller with Deeks and Stokes up front.

:agree: Totally agree. :top marks

hfc rd
02-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Got to agree that Bamba has been very poor since returning from the African Nations. If the Ivory Coast seen him, they would have told him to forget about coming to the 2010 Fifa World Cup. But I think he did really well on Saturday against St Johnstone. Hopefully he has turned the corner now and will start putting in more good displays that he was doing earlier in the season, if he wants to be on that plane to South Africa.