PDA

View Full Version : Nish

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 12:10 AM
The enegmatic Nish managed to surpass the worst centre forward performance since a certain Ally Scott, Yogi was quoted as saying if i wanted someone that will just run around all day i would play my mates, Colin must be one of his friends, he`s had some shockers recently, his second half display against Rangers, his inexplicably poor display against Irvine Meadow, his stupid sending off against St Johnstone and today he capped it all with another unbelievable effort at leading the line which resulted into some youtube comical moments, i think he needs a rest.

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 12:13 AM
I think he needs moved on.

Never good enough IMHO

Judas Iscariot
28-02-2010, 12:15 AM
He's a poor mans Konte

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 12:18 AM
I think he needs moved on.

Never good enough IMHO

I was being kind and diplomatic with the suggestion of a rest, i don`t know how bad you have to be these days to be moved on, having grown up on a diet of Turnbull`s Tornadoes, i was thinking of Alan Gordon today and how times have changed, maybe i`m too critical for this board.

monktonharp
28-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm starting to get pished off with him

7Hero
28-02-2010, 12:20 AM
gotta love a trier though.

have to say the guiy in front of me went ballistic when he fresh aired, but then did you see the bobble, hardly the guys fault.

anyway aside of that he didn't have a great game but today they were all rather "colin nish"

Judas Iscariot
28-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Nearly every other SPL team's BIG striker looks more effective than Nish..

MAC, Kyle, Deucher, Daly, Sutton, Mehmet to name a few...

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Can't have been any worse than Hurtardo? Shirley? :boo hoo:

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Nearly every other SPL team's BIG striker I more effective than Nish..

He`s making Antoine Courier look good at this rate.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Apart from being about as threatening as a dead fish on a hook and in Duberry's back pocket, he should have cost us the game when he gave the ball away and St J broke late on, couldn't believe the St J boy missed.

Hughes is the real donkey for playing Nish again and again when it's obvious he's not got it.

Judas Iscariot
28-02-2010, 12:37 AM
How about playing Maka up top :hmmm:

James.
28-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Come in number 9 your time is up.

It's all been said before - he's far too hesitant with the ball and has a terrible first touch - becomes too easy for defenders to close in on him, really frustrating when we're trying to get something going up front.

I'd be pretty confident that my Gran who is about 4ft6 would beat Nish to a header.

Groathillgrump
28-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Hate to criticise any Hibs player but Nish had an absolute nightmare today. His first touch was terrible and on a couple of occasions he looked like a drunk man trying to play football. Yogi should have done him and the team a favour by hooking him at half-time.

greenlex
28-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Nearly every other SPL team's BIG striker looks more effective than Nish..

I don't know the answer to this but out of all of them and Nish who has the most goals and or assists? Anyone know? I think it would make interesting Reading.

28-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't know the answer to this but out of all of them and Nish who has the most goals and or assists? Anyone know? I think it would make interesting Reading.

I'd assist him alright, into the nearest fast black! :grr:

woody47
28-02-2010, 01:09 AM
What irks me is we have Benji sitting on the bench who must think he has really pi$$ed Yogi off big time when he sees that headless chicken on the pitch. Is Nish a drinking buddy of Yogi's? Or has he got some indecent pics? I really can't see how he gets a game.
Time and time again today he just didn't have a clue what to do with the ball - pass? shoot? hold? doh!
It actually is cringeworthy and embarassing at times.

28-02-2010, 01:18 AM
What irks me is we have Benji sitting on the bench who must think he has really pi$$ed Yogi off big time when he sees that headless chicken on the pitch. Is Nish a drinking buddy of Yogi's? Or has he got some indecent pics? I really can't see how he gets a game.
Time and time again today he just didn't have a clue what to do with the ball - pass? shoot? hold? doh!

Nah, Benji might score a goal or do something, we canny huv that! :confused:

woody47
28-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Nah, Benji might score a goal or do something, we canny huv that! :confused:

True. What was I thinking? Must have had too many sherberts :greengrin

Diclonius
28-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I like Nish, but that was an unacceptable performance today.

It baffles me how frighteningly inconsistent he is.

Hibby 2005
28-02-2010, 01:31 AM
I see Riordan failed to score again.

LEaston87
28-02-2010, 01:56 AM
we drew 1-1 today, nish picked the ball up on the half way line in the first minute, kept it from a few defenders played a 1-2, won a penalty and the goalie should have been sent off. apart from we wouldn't have scored. owell nish's fault we drew

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2010, 02:02 AM
we drew 1-1 today, nish picked the ball up on the half way line in the first minute, kept it from a few defenders played a 1-2, won a penalty and the goalie should have been sent off. apart from we wouldn't have scored. owell nish's fault we drew

Totally agree. The team were crap today but somehow Nish gets singled out for criticism even though he would have been the match winner if the ref had been doing his job right.

LEaston87
28-02-2010, 02:08 AM
if the ref correctly sent the goalie off, we'd have won by at least 1-0 and nobody would be slagging nish, what about riordan who had 2 good one on one's to win it. Miller who failed to spot stokes in free space on at least 2 occasions. Ian murray Bamba and Hogg who instead of emptying it tried to **** about at the back, yogi who wouldn't make a sub until Mcbride got injured when everyone inside easter road knew that Stevenson had to be replaced for Rankin or Gow so we could get some craft in midliefd. stuff al that blame it on Nish

heretoday
28-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Don't be daft! Nishy will go to Dundee and come back to ER and score against us! We must hang on to him!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
28-02-2010, 02:18 AM
if the ref correctly sent the goalie off, we'd have won by at least 1-0 and nobody would be slagging nish, what about riordan who had 2 good one on one's to win it. Miller who failed to spot stokes in free space on at least 2 occasions. Ian murray Bamba and Hogg who instead of emptying it tried to **** about at the back, yogi who wouldn't make a sub until Mcbride got injured when everyone inside easter road knew that Stevenson had to be replaced for Rankin or Gow so we could get some craft in midliefd. stuff al that blame it on Nish

And with everything you quoted where was Nish ? He done one thing. Yes the keeper shoud have walked, but he never. Nish is a waste of a jersey.

LEaston87
28-02-2010, 02:22 AM
And with everything you quoted where was Nish ? He done one thing. Yes the keeper shoud have walked, but he never. Nish is a waste of a jersey.

well the stats dont lie nish got us yet another assist, he wasn't the one mucking around with the ball at the back, he contesded every ball that came near him. it's not his fault yogi didn't take him off. he tries his hearts out for hibs. just f*****g lay off him

HONG KONG PHOOEY
28-02-2010, 02:30 AM
well the stats dont lie nish got us yet another assist, he wasn't the one mucking around with the ball at the back, he contesded every ball that came near him. it's not his fault yogi didn't take him off. he tries his hearts out for hibs. just f*****g lay off him

Seriously. "its not is fault" he did not get taken off ???? And you want us to lay off him ? If he should have been taken off - surely that explains how bad he was ???? Yogi MUST see he is not a football player ?

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 02:32 AM

Cause he's stuck out on the left again.
I'd rather have Konte playing at the moment than Nish.

LEaston87
28-02-2010, 02:33 AM
ok hes not a footballer hes crap. whatever, wait till he scores a winning goal and hes everybody's favourite, twats

HONG KONG PHOOEY
28-02-2010, 02:35 AM
ok hes not a footballer hes crap. whatever, wait till he scores a winning goal and hes everybody's favourite, twats

I will not wait for that goal. Should maybe lay of the drink and maybe you will see it too !!!!

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 05:54 AM
I'd be pretty confident that my Gran who is about 4ft6 would beat Nish to a header.

Nae need for the insults - I'd hide if she reads that your Gran will be roond to kick yer heid in later! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 05:58 AM

:agree: Kurtis must be thinking likewise also!

James Connolly
28-02-2010, 07:53 AM

Defending Nish's performance say's it all; one or 2 shandies too many last night?

The guy can't run, pass, or win headers; but he's a trier so we should lay off him...aye ok then!:bitchy:

HFC 0-7
28-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Nish is not good enough, OK he won us a penalty, thats it. The rest of the time he fails to hold the ball up, fails to win much in the air, fails to pass, fails to shoot. He was only on the park for one reason yesterday, height, and he never used it well. Look at Deuchar, big guy like Nish but won a lot in the air and caused us problems at the back. And trying his heart out for hibs? Who cares! I would try my heart out for hibs, I wouldnt fall over as much as Nish but I would still be rubbish! Hibs need ability.

If we want to move on as a team we need more than players that all they have to offer is effort! We need players with ability that do what they are meant to do on the pitch. He isnt scoring goals and he isnt creating many assists, FWIW John Rankin and Derek riordan have the most assists this season for hibs, both on 4.

500miles
28-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Did any other player create more chances for us than Nish did yesterday?

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Well he'll not be playing for the next few weeks and with Rankin out of the side we can all turn our attention to criticising Riordan.

What do we do if none of those 3 start next week? Do we go for Yogi or pick someone else?

MountcastleHibs
28-02-2010, 04:57 PM

I would drop them both. :agree:

Riordan has done nothing for weeks, and Nish was laughable yesterday. I wasnae getting angry at him, just laughing at how bad he was all game.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Did any other player create more chances for us than Nish did yesterday?

Don't think so but that's not taken into consideration anyway.

Shrekko
28-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Nish needs to take a leaf out of Lewis Stevenson's book- just try to avoid the ball, hide next to an opponent, hoof it whenever it does come near you and throw yourself into a couple of daft challenges every game. Slip under the radar, get 6/10 from the fans who can still rave about his remarkable potential cos he played a couple of good games 3 years ago.

Ok Nishy is not the greatest footballer on the planet, but even yesterday, he was defending corners, running with the ball, trying to control hopeless long punts up to him, taking lots of physical punishment and generally trying to make things happen. It didnt come off for him more often than not yesterday but he still managed to set-up the only goal we scored.

Why does Nish deserve all the stick? I'd take 11 with his charachter. Before anyone starts I know that 'charachter' doesnt win games but it still something I like to see- certainly preferable to hiders and prima donna's.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 05:05 PM

:agree: Although he is still the top scoring midfielder in the SPL. I don't think any of our other midfielders scored yesterday?

Phil D. Rolls
28-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Nish puts in a lot of work that some people just don't see. He mixes it and wins a lot in the air for our nippier players to feed off.

Over criticised IMO.

Hibs90
28-02-2010, 05:22 PM

Kurtis is away on loan.

Shrekko
28-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Of course, you'll have seena lot of Bryne to compare him favourably to Nish?

Or maybe not.

Dirkster23
28-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I think Nish needs to take a leaf out of Lewis Stevenson's book- just try to avoid the ball, hide next to an opponent, hoof it whenever it does come near you and throw yourself into a couple of daft challenges every game. Slip under the radar, get 6/10 from the fans who can still rave about his remarkable potential cos he played a couple of good games 3 years ago.

Ok Nishy is not the greatest footballer on the planet, but even yesterday, he was defending corners, running with the ball, trying to control hopeless long punts up to him, taking lots of physical punishment and generally trying to make things happen. It didnt come off for him more often than not yesterday but he still managed to set-up the only goal we scored.

Why does Nish deserve all the stick? I'd take 11 with his charachter. Before anyone starts I know that 'charachter' doesnt win games but it still something I like to see- certainly preferable to hiders and prima donna's.

:top marks

Stevenson tried his best to avoid getting on the ball yesterday but gets pass marks from a lot of people. Nish on the other hand gets pelters for winning the penalty, setting up two scoring chances and working hard at both ends of the park.

Mind though, effort dinsnae count, there's boys in the crowd who would give 100% if they got a game :wink:

MountcastleHibs
28-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Nish puts in a lot of work that some people just don't see. He mixes it and wins a lot in the air for our nippier players to feed off.

Over criticised IMO.

I would be giving 100% for the club I love too. OK, what he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort, but when we've got European and Cup winning aspirations, that's not enough imo.

He very rarely wins balls in the air. Either because he's trying to draw the foul or mistimes his jump.

However, I don't get angry with Nish and get on his back now. I've grown to accept that's who he is and find myself laughing more often than not. Can't fault him for effort, but it's just not enough.

brydekirk
28-02-2010, 05:44 PM
IMO nobody was great yesterday but nish and stevenson were mince. end off

manewhut
28-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I thought Nish was our best player yesterday. IMHO

Erinfly
28-02-2010, 06:31 PM
The whole team where garbage from start to finish but Nish for me looked like a fan who had won a competition to play for his favourite team for the day yesterday. Fair enough he does try his heart out but thats not enough especially at this level.

28-02-2010, 08:07 PM
The whole team where garbage from start to finish but Nish for me looked like a fan who had won a competition to play for his favourite team for the day yesterday. Fair enough he does try his heart out but thats not enough especially at this level.

I think Yogi got Nish out of a lucky bag with a stick lolly and some sherbet dip dab. Time he went back and spent another 40p.

Malthibby
28-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Nish was poor yesterday, but Hughes could have taken him off after an hour & saved his game from degenerating into farce. I thought he started quite well, but it was obvious that he had 'gone' by half-time, so why keep him on for the whole game? Likewise Riordan, who didn't take the few chances he had & became increasingly peripheral.
Thought we were bullied out of the game today, aided & abetted by a truly awful refereeing display.
Simply blaming Nish is missing the point, IMO. At the moment he has a role to play, & the manager should be hooking him when he isn't doing the business.
GG

mcfly
28-02-2010, 08:55 PM
the critiscism of Nish on this thread is way over the top and out of order in my view. were you hibbies slagging him off when he won his penalty with a great run after 2 mins??? i think not.

he was defending corners, making headers. sure he isnt the most technically gifted player we have but he is a fellow hibby and works hard.

from what i see no-one is criticising mr riordan who looked very slow, missed a great chance to finish the game at 1-0, miller again was poor, lucky to stay on when he got involved with one of thier players.

our flair players need a kick up the backside now or our season will just collapse.

28-02-2010, 09:09 PM
the critiscism of Nish on this thread is way over the top and out of order in my view. were you hibbies slagging him off when he won his penalty with a great run after 2 mins??? i think not.

he was defending corners, making headers. sure he isnt the most technically gifted player we have but he is a fellow hibby and works hard.

from what i see no-one is criticising mr riordan who looked very slow, missed a great chance to finish the game at 1-0, miller again was poor, lucky to stay on when he got involved with one of thier players.

our flair players need a kick up the backside now or our season will just collapse.

At least Riordan robbed Duberry of the ball at one point and went on an attack, bar the first three minutes Nish just wasn't in it as an attacking force, fresh air passes et al. And he gave away the ball that should have led to a St J winner. Nish has had his chance, fellow hibby or not.

Dirkster23
28-02-2010, 09:18 PM
At least Riordan robbed Duberry of the ball at one point and went on an attack, bar the first three minutes Nish just wasn't in it as an attacking force, fresh air passes et al. And he gave away the ball that should have led to a St J winner. Nish has had his chance, fellow hibby or not.

Really sound reasoning, Deeks robbed the baw from Duberry once and went on an attack and that's fine, but Nish who won us a penalty and put Deeks right through on the keeper twice did nothing :faf:

28-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Really sound reasoning, Deeks robbed the baw from Duberry once and went on an attack and that's fine, but Nish who won us a penalty and put Deeks right through on the keeper twice did nothing :faf:

I said he wis good for three minutes, did yi no read ma post? :confused: I seem to recall Duberry enjoying an easy afternoon againt yir silky passer, Nish. Was like watching a bairn gettin the sweeties removed every time he went up against him, couldnae hold any possession and couldnae dream of getting past him. :brickwall Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like Hibs target men that can at least run a tiny wee bit like a Keith Wright or GOC, or have a decent first touch and can work centre backs like Mixu or Killen. Old fashioned mind u, Nish is the future.

Dirkster23
28-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I said he wis good for three minutes, did yi no read ma post? :confused: I seem to recall Duberry enjoying an easy afternoon againt yir silky passer, Nish. Was like watching a bairn gettin the sweeties removed every time he went up against him, couldnae hold any possession and couldnae dream of getting past him. :brickwall Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like Hibs target men that can at least run a tiny wee bit like a Keith Wright or GOC, or have a decent first touch and can work centre backs like Mixu or Killen. Old fashioned mind u, Nish is the future.

Silky passser, where did i say that?? There was me thinking the 3 attacking players Riordan, Stokes and Nish were there to cause Duberry problems not just Nish?

You going to give him credit for the twice he played Deeks right through on goals? Give him credit for the defensive work he did at every set piece?

You'll not find me saying anywhere that Nish is the future but he does do a decent job for the team at the moment.

archiebald
28-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Ally Scott was never as bad as Nish. More like Jim Blair who we bought from St Mirren :greengrin

28-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Ally Scott was never as bad as Nish. More like Jim Blair who we bought from St Mirren :greengrin

I agree, and Nish has the advantage of a training centre at East Mains that these guys couldn't dream of. Yet he still looks nine stone dripping wet.

Dirkster23
28-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree, and Nish has the advantage of a training centre at East Mains that these guys couldn't dream of. Yet he still looks nine stone dripping wet.

No heavy enough to play for Hibs, there's a new one :faf:

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 10:41 PM
All this angst!!

Nish can lay passes into the feet of strike partners

Nish can defend well when required

Nish can make the odd fresh air swipe at the ball

Nish can often fail to hold the ball up

We witnessed all of that in one 90 minute spell against St. J and so why there's such a lengthy debate on something so obvious is quite puzzling :wink:

For my money it's a shame Nishy gets highlighted in this way more than any other player because the truth of the matter is that every single one of our players is 'capable' of doing good things and bad on the pitch

Shrekko
28-02-2010, 10:46 PM

I think Nish's detractors are missing the point from those trying to defend him.

NOBODY is saying he's a great player but then again it's completely embarrassing to read some comments from Hibs fans about his alleged lack of ability bearing in mind he's one of the top 10 scorers in SPL history.

Dirkster23
28-02-2010, 10:46 PM
All this angst!!

We witnessed all of that in one 90 minute spell against St. J and so why there's such a lengthy debate on something so obvious is quite puzzling :wink:

For my money it's a shame Nishy gets highlighted in this way more than any other player because the truth of the matter is that every single one of our players is 'capable' of doing good things and bad on the pitch

Spot on :agree: I said it on another thread it was a mixed bag from Nish yesterday (as it is most games), but some people can only see the things he gets wrong. Wasn't the best player on the park yesterday but wasn't the worst either.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 10:47 PM
All this angst!!

I actually thought Nishy did well, won headers, dug in, won penalty, played lovely ball for DR's 1-on-1.... Still gets castigated on here.... The number of arguments I have had over big Nishy is unreal.....

Do people not see what he brings to the team?? Of course he ain't and never will be a legend like the wonderful DR.....

Oh and the big man got into the team of the day in the NOTW today, good to see I am not the only person who thought he played well.....

bawheid
28-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I actually thought Nishy did well, won headers, dug in, won penalty, played lovely ball for DR's 1-on-1.... Still gets castigated on here.... The number of arguments I have had over big Nishy is unreal.....

Do people not see what he brings to the team?? Of course he ain't and never will be a legend like the wonderful DR.....

Oh and the big man got into the team of the day in the NOTW today, good to see I am not the only person who thought he played well.....

Why do you have to bring your obvious hatred of Derek Riordan into every other thread?

Riordans Boots
28-02-2010, 10:52 PM

:yawn:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/spl/2009-2010/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Why do you have to bring your obvious hatred of Derek Riordan into every other thread?

Because DR has done little all season but never gets a hint of the abuse big Nish gets......

28-02-2010, 10:54 PM
No heavy enough to play for Hibs, there's a new one :faf:

Well, if you're built like a snooker cue (and play like one) it's no exactly a plus.

Boy using a Nishbutt!

http://www.k-rest.co.uk/resources/_wsb_508x259_2004_0704k-rest-in-use-jason0030.JPG

bawheid
28-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Because DR has done little all season but never gets a hint of the abuse big Nish gets......

Go start another thread then - this one's about Nish.

It shouldn't be too difficult to defend Colin Nish without slagging off another Hibernian player in the process.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Go start another thread then - this one's about Nish.

It shouldn't be too difficult to defend Colin Nish without slagging off another Hibernian player in the process.

And who gives you permission to tell me what I can't post on....

Making a comparison on a thread about Nish, is this so wrong?

Riordans Boots
28-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Just for the record DB, I actually love when Nish plays and most times I would have him in the starting 11.

As for Deeks, well some folk really seem to forget that he is one of the top ten SPL scorers.

WTF dae folk no get aboot that :confused:

bawheid
28-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes.

I'm not a huge fan of Nish, but I can see what he brings to the team. Likewise, Riordan is our second top scorer (playing left mid) but can improve in other areas. I don't see why you need to drag him into it tbh, other than the odd obsession you seem to have with getting on his case whenever you can.

Ed De Gramo
28-02-2010, 11:00 PM
The threads on here slagging Nishy are almost as pathetic as the shouts coming out the FF Upper :agree:

Nish's flick on's and skill were clear to see today and for him to be singled out on here is a joke...

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 11:00 PM

In itself, no Mr. B ....... BUT if you don't mind me saying I actually think your continual reference to the current poor form of DR actually detracts from your intention to defend big Nishy.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Yes.

I'm not a huge fan of Nish, but I can see what he brings to the team. Likewise, Riordan is our second top scorer (playing left mid) but can improve in other areas. I don't see why you need to drag him into it tbh, other than the odd obsession you seem to have with getting on his case whenever you can.

Fed up of the stick Nish gets whilst other players are above criticism, especially when most of it is totally unjustified.....

28-02-2010, 11:01 PM

Well, Nish 4 league goals, Deek 8. How's that ya trumpet? :confused: And I'd assume if Nish was wide left like Deek it'd be Nish 0.

FranckSuzy
28-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Shoulda gone to specsavers mate

:faf: :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:03 PM
In itself, no Mr. B ....... BUT if you don't mind me saying I actually think your continual reference to the current poor form of DR actually detracts from your intention to defend big Nishy.

OK John, maybe I am detracting from my intention to defend Colin, but he is most certainly not as bad as he is painted on here.....

I sometimes wonder why people bother going to games, as they can't see what he brings to the team....

bawheid
28-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Fed up of the stick Nish gets whilst other players are above criticism, especially when most of it is totally unjustified.....

Have you actually read the boards the last few weeks? Deek has been taking stick left, right and centre. Most of it totally unjustified...

Ed De Gramo
28-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Well, Nish 4 league goals, Deek 8. How's that ya trumpet? :confused: And I'd assume if Nish was wide left like Deek it'd be Nish 0.

:bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:04 PM

less of the name calling if you don't mind.......

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Have you actually read the boards the last few weeks? Deek has been taking stick left, right and centre. Most of it totally unjustified...

I mentioned DR but the same comparison could easily have been made with reference to Stokes......

Riordans Boots
28-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Shoulda gone to specsavers mate

:agree: :thumbsup: :top marks

bawheid
28-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I mentioned DR but the same comparison could easily have been made with reference to Stokes......

I'm lost. Are you suggesting Stokes has been poor recently?

28-02-2010, 11:08 PM
less of the name calling if you don't mind.......

Trumpet.:bye:

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Trumpet.:bye:

Surely we can debate without resorting to childish stuff like this?

James Connolly
28-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Using the NOTW hardly backs your argument; I'm convinced they don't even send a reporter to games.

Ed De Gramo
28-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Using the NOTW hardly backs your argument; I'm convinced they don't even send a reporter to games.

They do...he just happens to spend all game at the pie stall :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm lost. Are you suggesting Stokes has been poor recently?

I feel Stokes could do a lot more for the team at times..... There have been games this Season wherby he has done very little, but scored IMO....

Great scoring record obviously, but could also do more

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Maybe does not back up my argument, but someone else who saw his performance yesterday, thought he was worthy of some sort of praise......

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Spot on :agree: I said it on another thread it was a mixed bag from Nish yesterday (as it is most games), but some people can only see the things he gets wrong. Wasn't the best player on the park yesterday but wasn't the worst either.

:top marks Riordan was a waste of a jersey wide left and I thought Murray had a below average game yesterday. Nish was good and bad but defo not the worst. As for preferring Konte :bitchy:

Bottom line is we need some pace in the wide areas and a right back in the summer if we are going to play the current formation. It would mean dropping Riordan though who is a goal machine when given the service.

At present I'd personally play Galbraith wide left as he's the best we've got to fit the current formation.

lothianhibee
28-02-2010, 11:14 PM
sorry but colin nish is a hibby living the dream yes scores maybe one out of six chances yes,tries his best, yes, good enough,no.hassles big defenders,tries,keeps to his feet no.holds ball up well with back to goal .no.i like nish my wee boy run out with him on a mascot day,is he good enough sorry he isnt,i wish he was but he isnt,east of scotland league no more

bawheid
28-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I feel Stokes could do a lot more for the team at times..... There have been games this Season wherby he has done very little, but scored IMO....

Mental. A guy that's scored 16 goals up to February should do a lot more for the team!

Maybe he should drive the bus?

Stokes is probably one of our hardest working players btw.

James Connolly
28-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Maybe does not back up my argument, but someone else who saw his performance yesterday, thought he was worthy of some sort of praise......

As i said, their reporter probably wasn't even at the game; must've watched it on the radio, if he/she put Nish in team of the day.

lothianhibee
28-02-2010, 11:17 PM
aye the reporter was nished i think

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Mental. A guy that's scored 16 goals up to February should do a lot more for the team!

Maybe he should drive the bus?

Stokes is probably one of our hardest working players btw.

Let me clarify with a point in reference..... I did not think against Aberdeen away he worked particularly hard, but bagged a double.......

If Nishy bagged a double yesterday, would he still be as bad as he is being made out to be?

Riordans Boots
28-02-2010, 11:19 PM
sorry but colin nish is a hibby living the dream yes scores maybe one out of six chances yes,tries his best, yes, good enough,no.hassles big defenders,tries,keeps to his feet no.holds ball up well with back to goal .no.i like nish my wee boy run out with him on a mascot day,is he good enough sorry he isnt,i wish he was but he isnt,east of scotland league no more

:confused: Can you say that again slowly.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 11:21 PM
aye the reporter was nished i think

If you were at the game you must surely have noticed his part in the move that brought the penalty and I don't just mean the keeper tripping him but also his one/two with Stokes?

Did you also see him twice lay the ball off to Riordan thereby creating two good goalscoring opportunities?

Did you see him frequently defending well at corners and on a number of occasions clearing Hibs' lines?

I suspect what you DID see was his fresh air swipe and his fluffed shot straight at the keeper and you're basing your views on those things alone

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2010, 11:22 PM
If you were at the game you must surely have noticed his part in the move that brought the penalty and I don't just mean the keeper tripping him but also his one/two with Stokes?

Did you also see him twice lay the ball off to Riordan thereby creating two good goalscoring opportunities?

Did you see him frequently defending well at corners and on a number of occasions clearing Hibs' lines?

I suspect what you DID se was his fresh air swipe and his fluffed shot straight at the keeper and you're basing your views on those things alone

Exactly and the ball bobbled badly for his fresh air swipe, which also affected the control of others players

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 11:23 PM

One out of six chances? Think I'd take that.

silverhibee
28-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Eleven goals and a number of assists over the season says different, and he is playing in midfield, if you look at our other midfielders in the team, they are no where near Deeks goal tally, i know you dont like Derek but i will agree with you about nish to an extent.
And by the way Derek gets plenty off stick from the Hibs fans at the game, and more than his fair share of stick on this board as well. :agree:

bawheid
28-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Let me clarify with a point in reference..... I did not think against Aberdeen away he worked particularly hard, but bagged a double.......

If Nishy bagged a double yesterday, would he still be as bad as he is being made out to be?

You're right, if Nish had scored 16 goals this season folk wouldn't be on his case.

To be fair, I thought Nish had a decent game yesterday - one of his better games. However, he's not in the same league as our two best strikers - Riordan and Stokes.

500miles
28-02-2010, 11:27 PM

Actually, Mixu took stick for playing Nish out wide for a few games last season. He actually scored a couple, despite this.

28-02-2010, 11:27 PM

I suspect what you DID see was his fresh air swipe and his fluffed shot straight at the keeper and you're basing your views on those things alone

I also saw him entirely unable to make any impact on Duberry or their other centre back. Ball taken off him repeatedly and couldn't get past an OAP on crutches, that's not including his shocking fresh air attempt at a pass or laughable attempts at shooting. Overall, pitiful about sums him up. Seriously, we were singing songs about old players. I gaurantee most of them - if they still had a knee between them - would still be better than Nish was yesterday - aside from that first three minutes of course...how could I forget.

28-02-2010, 11:29 PM
You're right, if Nish had scored 16 goals this season folk wouldn't be on his case.

Correct. Fact is he hasn't scored 16 league goals in his entire Hibs career. Say no more.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I also saw him entirely unable to make any impact on Duberry or their other centre back. Ball taken off him repeatedly and couldn't get past an OAP on crutches, that's not including his shocking fresh air attempt at a pass or laughable attempts at shooting. Overall, pitiful about sums him up. Seriously, we were singing songs about old players. I gaurantee most of them - if they still had a knee between them - would still be better than Nish was yesterday - aside from that first three minutes of course...how could I forget.

Kinda backs up the first post I made on this thread! I suggested we'd seen both good and bad things from Nishy against St. J but then we also saw good and bad things from a few other players who seem to be less likely to attract the kind of posts against Nish in this thread :agree:

The guy is not the best and I think we all know that but some of the flak he gets on here is unfair and I'll tell you why I think that. There are posters who castigate Nish and refuse point blank to acknowledge the good things he's done. For me that's not fair criticism and Nish seems to suffer from it more than most :greengrin

I'm reluctant to bring another player into the discussion but I'll do it in the hope that it will help emphasise my point. For some weeks now I have been more than a bit disappointed with the performances turned in by Chris Hogg. Against St. J I thought he had a poor first half, did ok for the first 20 minutes or so of the second half but then finished the game poorly. If I were to use the treatment Nish gets as a yardstick I could have started a thread about Hogg and focused only on the poor parts of his game but that would be grossly unfair. Sustained criticism of Nish has become the norm for some. Those same posters refuse point blank to acknowledge any of the good work he does but simply focus on the bad and slaughter him for it.

28-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Kinda backs up the first post I made on this thread! I suggested we'd seen both good and bad things from Nishy against St. J but then we also saw good and bad things from a few other players who seem to be less likely to attract the kind of posts against Nish in this thread :agree:

The guy is not the best and I think we all know that but some of the flak he gets on here is unfair and I'll tell you why I think that. There are posters who castigate Nish and refuse point blank to acknowledge the good things he's done. For me that's not fair criticism and Nish seems to suffer from it more than most :greengrin

I'm reluctant to bring another player into the discussion but I'll do it in the hope that it will help emphasise my point. For some weeks now I have been more than a bit disappointed with the performances turned in by Chris Hogg. Against St. J I thought he had a poor first half, did ok for the first 20 minutes or so of the second half but then finished the game poorly. If I were to use the treatment Nish gets as a yardstick I could have started a thread about Hogg and focused only on the poor parts of his game but that would be grossly unfair. Sustained criticism of Nish has become the norm for some. Those same posters refuse point blank to acknowledge any of the good work he does but simply focus on the bad and slaughter him for it.

Believe me I want Nish to do the business, take all the flak and use it as an incentive to work harder at East Mains and ram it down our throats on the pitch. But it's not going to happen and he needs to move on to pastures new. He just isn't going to develop or improve.

Stevenson was just as bad. Totally inneffective 90 minutes and never imposed himself once in the game - he looked like another fan competition winner. Shocking!

Hogg at right back is awful but he did okay yesterday.

Toaods
28-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Nish tried his guts out yesterday. You don't see him refuse a pass by keeping himself away from the ball or flipping it away incase he might have to take a man on, ie 'at least he isn't hiding' as someone at our table last night put it.

Personally, I was more upset at Yogi's near refusal to make any apparent change rather than exposing Nish to more criticism when he was almost out on his feet.

And, IMHO...the ball did on one occasion in the second half, take a bobble just as he was about to pass it.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Believe me I want Nish to do the business, take all the flak and use it as an incentive to work harder at East Mains and ram it down our throats on the pitch. But it's not going to happen and he needs to move on to pastures new. He just isn't going to develop or improve.

Stevenson was just as bad. Totally inneffective 90 minutes and never imposed himself once in the game - he looked like another fan competition winner. Shocking!

Hogg at right back is awful but he did okay yesterday.

Like you I want him to do well but I accept he has his limitations. We'll have to agree to disagree on Hoggy :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
28-02-2010, 11:46 PM
:confused: Can you say that again slowly.

:tee hee:

After 3 years (?) I still don't know what to make of Nish. He has brilliant games, he has awful games, he has brilliantly awful and awfully brilliant games in the same game. He is by an absolute mile the most inconsistant player in the league.

28-02-2010, 11:51 PM
:tee hee:

After 3 years (?) I still don't know what to make of Nish. He has brilliant games, he has awful games, he has brilliantly awful and awfully brilliant games in the same game. He is by an absolute mile the most inconsistant player in the league.

Care to mention the last "brilliant" game he had? :confused: Must have been in his Kilmarnock days.:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
28-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Care to mention the last "brilliant" game he had? :confused: Must have been in his Kilmarnock days.:confused:

Home to Hamilton.

He was awesome.

01-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Home to Hamilton.

He was awesome.

he scored one goal at home against the worst defence in the league :confused:

From memory Stokes was the man that day, followed by Deek. Nish was okay but far from awesome.

MountcastleHibs
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Actually, Mixu took stick for playing Nish out wide for a few games last season. He actually scored a couple, despite this.

I remember that. The boys no winger but he actually put himself about more than Riordan has in a similar position.

01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I remember that. The boys no winger but he actually put himself about more than Riordan has in a similar position.

Mate, you are having a giraffe. I must have either missed those Nish winger games or erased them from my Hibs memory banks, thank god! Chisholm and Kerr in the middle with Nish and AOB out wide. Mixu, great player, dunderheid boss.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 08:38 AM

I agree with you on Nish - folk are desperate to get on the boy's back. I thoguht he was our best attacking player on Saturday.

What I don't agree with is your continual complaints about Riordan - he's the boo-boy in waiting. With Rankin out of the team and Nish suspended for the next few games I reckon that the "fans" will be on his back - despite him being our 2nd top-scorer, our top-scoring midfielder and the top-scoring midfielder in the PSL.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Home to Hamilton.

He was awesome.

Before that Motherwell at home, he was excellent.

MountcastleHibs
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Mate, you are having a giraffe. I must have either missed those Nish winger games or erased them from my Hibs memory banks, thank god! Chisholm and Kerr in the middle with Nish and AOB out wide. Mixu, great player, dunderheid boss.

It happened. Mixu was clueless and should never have put Nish out there. All I said was that he put himself about more than Riordan has, despite not being a winger also. I can be Nish's harshest critics at times but at least he'll always give you 100% no matter what. Riordan on the other hand, will only give you the effort if he can be a***d.

Obviously not allowed to say this about the messiah though, so I take it back.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I think Nish was ok on saturday, certainly not the worst, although he did have a couple of occasions were he looked drunk. What annoyed me was the abuse he took from some of the fans in the east stand. In the 2nd half, near the end of the match, he actually reacted, and told a few people at the front, shut the **** up. Why do people slaughter the players while at the games?

Personally i wouldn't have him in the team, although i understand why he played on Saturday, and can see what he did contribute during the game, not a lot, but enough to get us a point.

Another thing that gets right on my thruppnies, is the point of comparing players to others who have played badly, childish at best, especially when those players being compared are two different types, and one is playing in a completely different position.

Another thing, we seem to have a support that's split at the moment, those who want the team to do well and get behind them, and those who wont. I had a right prick behind me on Saturday, who wouldn't give the team any encouragement during the game, only barracking. I wonder why he actually goes to the match, he clearly does not enjoy it?

RIP
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Towards the end of the game, when it was obvious that Yogi's hoofball tactics were going nowhere, Big Colin was out on his feet. Hardly suprising against that big powerhouse of a centre-half. He had put in a hardworking shift - did more than our other 2 strikers that's for sure.

At that point a few of my fellow East Standers starting screaming abuse at him. As with other games where this happened he looked heart-broken.

I shouted at the top of my voice "Gaun yersel' Colin - ignore these '******in **seholes'

Don't get me wrong...I am not a huge fan of the big man and it was sad to see him out on his feet and swiping and missing the ball. I even thought at one point he had gone over to Yogi and asked to be subbed.

But I will never stand by and listen to any man abusing a Hibs player. On this point we should adopt zero tolerance

The manager picks the team, is responsible for the subs and employs the (hoofball?) tactics.

StevieC
01-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd take 11 with his charachter. Before anyone starts I know that 'charachter' doesnt win games but it still something I like to see- certainly preferable to hiders and prima donna's.

Win games? It doesn't even win spelling competitions!

:wink:

Expecting Rain
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Nish is not an 18 year old with 2 games under his belt, maybe i`m old fashioned but i expect a centre forward of his height to be able to control the ball now and again and to win a few headers, instead of flapping around like an injured seagull, the only times i`ve actually seen him showing a bit of composure is when he is in the penalty box with plenty of time and space and facing the goals, if he is a target man then Zemmama is potentially a centre half.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Nish is not an 18 year old with 2 games under his belt, maybe i`m old fashioned but i expect a centre forward of his height to be able to control the ball now and again and to win a few headers, instead of flapping around like an injured seagull, the only times i`ve actually seen him showing a bit of composure is when he is in the penalty box with plenty of time and space and facing the goals, if he is a target man then Zemmama is potentially a centre half.

I agree, but i cant for the life of me understand why anyone would shout right in his face, **** off nish, you're ****in useless ya ****. WTF is all that about, and how is that supporting the team?:confused:

Expecting Rain
01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree, but i cant for the life of me understand why anyone would shout right in his face, **** off nish, you're ****in useless ya ****. WTF is all that about, and how is that supporting the team?:confused:

BH, to shout abuse at Nish is rdiculous and serves no purpose, like every Hibs fan i want the player to do well.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 11:10 AM
BH, to shout abuse at Nish is rdiculous and serves no purpose, like every Hibs fan i want the player to do well.

:agree: It sickened me the abuse he and one or two others took on Saturday, it does not help the team one bit. I have heard it said these players get paid fortunes, and should be able to accept it. Well thats just bollocks imho.

How many times have you heard a manager say this player needs a kick up the arse, or that player needs a cuddle, an arm round him. How many times have we heard players are short of confidence when they are playing badly, or full of it when they are scoring goals, or playing well.

It will never help berating someone during a match, no matter what anyone says.

Yes let rip here or in the pub with your mates, or even voice your displeasure after the game, but during it get behind them, its what being a supporter is all about.

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Win games? It doesn't even win spelling competitions!

:wink:

Ach- that's the way it should be spelt :wink:

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I think Nish was ok on saturday, certainly not the worst, although he did have a couple of occasions were he looked drunk. What annoyed me was the abuse he took from some of the fans in the east stand. In the 2nd half, near the end of the match, he actually reacted, and told a few people at the front, shut the **** up. Why do people slaughter the players while at the games?

Personally i wouldn't have him in the team, although i understand why he played on Saturday, and can see what he did contribute during the game, not a lot, but enough to get us a point.

Another thing that gets right on my thruppnies, is the point of comparing players to others who have played badly, childish at best, especially when those players being compared are two different types, and one is playing in a completely different position.

Another thing, we seem to have a support that's split at the moment, those who want the team to do well and get behind them, and those who wont. I had a right prick behind me on Saturday, who wouldn't give the team any encouragement during the game, only barracking. I wonder why he actually goes to the match, he clearly does not enjoy it?

I agree with everything you say with the exception of him being compared to other players.

Nish is not actually being compared as a player to other players, but what people are questioning is why he is being singled out?

I think it's very relevant to ask- why do players who hide from the ball and players who are out of form (regardless of who they are) not get the same?

Like you, I dont think any players should be abused at all (assuming they are giving 100 percent).

To a lesser extent, the same applies to hibs.net. It is full of people who wont give credit to certain players and wont under any circumstances criticise the performances of others. I would have put money on the OP starting a thread about either Nish, Hogg or Rankin (if he'd played) this weekend and also the fact that he would never start a thread putting question marks over the form of the skillful players in the side.

01-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't buy this stuff about him being out on his feet. What running about was he doing? If he's knackered after 70 mins of spl football at home against a side like St Johnstone then his conditioning is in question IMO. I seem to recall older players than him (Darren Jackson one) covering every blade of grass for the cause and not being out on their feet after 90 mins. Anyway, I didn't see Nish heaving for breath etc, I did see him huffing and puffing about the park. And I don't agree he should get pelters from fans, but if he keeps giving it away and is so ineffectual... 12k fans are not going to sit and watch pish from any player. They want the best from the team and when we have a proven goal getter like Benji on the bench not getting a chance frustration seriously sets in. Yogi is the real donkey as he should have taken Nish off after 60 mins. Why are fans chanting Ooh Zemmama when the wee man is on the bench after 85 mins and the team is toiling. It was obvious to every fan in that ground that a change was needed. But then St J equalise and almost get the winner. We were lucky to get a point in the end.

ahibby
01-03-2010, 11:48 AM
He did well enough in the first half and our goal was just about all down to him. He was involved in our goal, and that is more than can be said for Riordan. Nishy was okay in the first but poor in the second. Spoony couldn't make a pass in the first half, why is he not being criticised. Miller gave away a needless penalty but that's okay, Ian Murray was busy looking at his feet when the ball was in play, but that's okay. Give Nishy a break he's had a bad second half but he still did more for the draw than some others.

Expecting Rain
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree with everything you say with the exception of him being compared to other players.

Nish is not actually being compared as a player to other players, but what people are questioning is why he is being singled out?

I think it's very relevant to ask- why do players who hide from the ball and players who are out of form (regardless of who they are) not get the same?

Like you, I dont think any players should be abused at all (assuming they are giving 100 percent).

To a lesser extent, the same applies to hibs.net. It is full of people who wont give credit to certain players and wont under any circumstances criticise the performances of others. I would have put money on the OP starting a thread about either Nish, Hogg or Rankin (if he'd played) this weekend and also the fact that he would never start a thread putting question marks over the form of the skillful players in the side.

Rich, regarding the last paragraph maybe it is because certain players are just not rated by a substantial amount of the Hibs support, ok Riordan,Zemmama and certain others are not playing brilliantly every week but a few of us can handle a good player having a poor game, my opinion is that if you have three players making up the backbone of a side that are hopeless that in turn affects the overall balance of the team. Nish is playing in a position of responsibility and i don`t think he is anywhere near up to it, there is no link up play with his fellow strikers or the oncoming midfield, more often than not he loses possession and instigates opposition breakaways, if he has anything to offer it is coming on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and no options whatsoever left.

Captain Trips
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
He did well enough in the first half and our goal was just about all down to him. He was involved in our goal, and that is more than can be said for Riordan. Nishy was okay in the first but poor in the second. Spoony couldn't make a pass in the first half, why is he not being criticised. Miller gave away a needless penalty but that's okay, Ian Murray was busy looking at his feet when the ball was in play, but that's okay. Give Nishy a break he's had a bad second half but he still did more for the draw than some others.

But the other players have a history of playing well which rightfully or wrongly cuts them slack, IMO Nish has had more bad than good hence he is highlighted. On Miller there is something I cant put finger on but I think in minority, I am not impressed with him.

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Rich, regarding the last paragraph maybe it is because certain players are just not rated by a substantial amount of the Hibs support, ok Riordan,Zemmama and certain others are not playing brilliantly every week but a few of us can handle a good player having a poor game, my opinion is that if you have three players making up the backbone of a side that are hopeless that in turn affects the overall balance of the team. Nish is playing in a position of responsibility and i don`t think he is anywhere near up to it, there is no link up play with his fellow strikers or the oncoming midfield, more often than not he loses possession and instigates opposition breakaways, if he has anything to offer it is coming on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and no options whatsoever left.

Yeah it's fair enough not to rate a player, but if you're being objective you have to concede that not only will teams like Hibs always have 'water carrier' types but sometimes they actually do fufill a valuable role in the team.

When guys like the players I mentioned are below par everybody seems to want to jump on them but when other players who have an even more potentially important role to play dont do it it can slip under the radar and there's also those who just hide...

I'm not a fan of Rankin as a player but I admire the fact that unlike the 'midfielder' who replaced him on Saturday he always puts himself in the firing line by being available and putting himself around knowing fine well he'll be getting dogs abuse when passes etc. go astray. I did however think he was outstanding (in his role) against Aberdeen in the 2nd half and he got virtually no recognition. Nish has similiar days but we only hear about it when things go wrong for him.

I do agree we need better players in certain key area's- I just dont think it's fair to blame they guys who are currently in those positions if they are giving 100 percent.

I'd also say there are 'good players' having multiple poor games recently. I'd stick by them too as it happens but I just think it smacks of double standards for the journeyman types to take the brunt of it when things arent working.

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
All this angst!!

The reason Nish gets highlighted so much is because he does things you would only imagine to see at a Sunday amatuer match when all the players are still drunk or nursing hangovers.

The problem is, is that most of the players are playing average with the occasional poor spell, Nish on the other hand is an average player that has very bad spells in just about every game, peppered with terrible moments, like the miss on saturday, the fresh air kick and the jumping while hunched trying to draw a foul. If Hibs have any ambitions of challenging for 3rd year in year out they need to get rid of Nish. Nish IMO, hasnt been playing because of his ability, he has been playing because he is tall and most of our squad are short.

Mickey Edwards
01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Nish was very poor 2nd half and his lack of foot speed on an unpredictable surface was glaring . However he created our goal and because of the way SJ are set up at set pieces Yogi was never going to take him off .

Hard though it is to admit , we didn't win that game because SJ are a better footballing team than us at the moment. Despite the surface they stroked it around pretty well and they had both fullbacks and all the midfielders happy to take it short......vaguely what we were doing even at the St Mirren game a few weeks ago {and that wasn't great}.

Usually a fairly happy chappy, I was absolutely gutted after Saturday, not so much due to the result and dropping to 4th as the huge cultural change in the team . I understand the patterns having to be different and more long ball against bigger teams on a crap surface but nobody {except Stokes} was helping the man on the ball. Not seen that for a long time {en masse hiding from the ball}. Even our touch controlling the ball from the air before it hit the ground was woeful. Having Murray at left back we are always going to struggle for an outlet on that side. Tries his heart out for the club but he's not got enough football in him to play full back if we are going to progress. Admittedly Saturday was a particular stinker for him but even when he and the team are playing well there's a lack of balance there.

Massive psychological damage has been done recently , not a blip......huge challenge to get the show on the road again. A shadow of the team pre-Xmas, difficult to believe it's virtually the same group.We've got no hope of beating either of the old firm {assuming we get through to the semi of the cup} unless they start believing in each other again and start taking a few risks in possession. Confidence a big issue. I'm not sure how it's done but this is where Mr Hughes earns his pocket money.

.............HOWEVER, he WILL earn it and normal service WILL be resumed.

:flag:

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah it's fair enough not to rate a player, but if you're being objective you have to concede that not only will teams like Hibs always have 'water carrier' types but sometimes they actually do fufill a valuable role in the team.

When guys like the players I mentioned are below par everybody seems to want to jump on them but when other players who have an even more potentially important role to play dont do it it can slip under the radar and there's also those who just hide...

I'm not a fan of Rankin as a player but I admire the fact that unlike the 'midfielder' who replaced him on Saturday he always puts himself in the firing line by being available and putting himself around knowing fine well he'll be getting dogs abuse when passes etc. go astray. I did however think he was outstanding (in his role) against Aberdeen in the 2nd half and he got virtually no recognition. Nish has similiar days but we only hear about it when things go wrong for him.

I do agree we need better players in certain key area's- I just dont think it's fair to blame they guys who are currently in those positions if they are giving 100 percent.

I'd also say there are 'good players' having multiple poor games recently. I'd stick by them too as it happens but I just think it smacks of double standards for the journeyman types to take the brunt of it when things arent working.

I agree with most of your post, but the highlighted bit doesnt cut it for me. I think sentiment is getting in the way and as long as someone is giving 100% then they are OK. yes its nice to see a player give 100%, but football is results driven and you only get results, over the course of a season, if you have better players than opposition. I would rather have a team full of 100% talented players giving 50% effort than a team of 50 % talented players giving 100%. If you have the talent but not the effort then you have scope to improve and thats where the manager comes in. If you have players that are giving 100% but still not doing much, there is no scope to move forward as the manager cant give more ability.

Nish is probably a nice guy, gives 100%, and is a hibby, but he just doesnt have the ability and judging by his frustration I think he knows he is out of his depth. Big tall players like Nish, that dont have much ability on the deck need to be physical, good in the air, hard to push off the ball and able to hold the ball up. Unfortunately Nish doesnt seem to be able to do this well.

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Nish was very poor 2nd half and his lack of foot speed on an unpredictable surface was glaring . However he created our goal and because of the way SJ are set up at set pieces Yogi was never going to take him off .

Hard though it is to admit , we didn't win that game because SJ are a better footballing team than us at the moment. Despite the surface they stroked it around pretty well and they had both fullbacks and all the midfielders happy to take it short......vaguely what we were doing even at the St Mirren game a few weeks ago {and that wasn't great}.

Usually a fairly happy chappy, I was absolutely gutted after Saturday, not so much due to the result and dropping to 4th as the huge cultural change in the team . I understand the patterns having to be different and more long ball against bigger teams on a crap surface but nobody {except Stokes} was helping the man on the ball. Not seen that for a long time {en masse hiding from the ball}. Even our touch controlling the ball from the air before it hit the ground was woeful. Having Murray at left back we are always going to struggle for an outlet on that side. Tries his heart out for the club but he's not got enough football in him to play full back if we are going to progress. Admittedly Saturday was a particular stinker for him but even when he and the team are playing well there's a lack of balance there.

Massive psychological damage has been done recently , not a blip......huge challenge to get the show on the road again. A shadow of the team pre-Xmas, difficult to believe it's virtually the same group.We've got no hope of beating either of the old firm {assuming we get through to the semi of the cup} unless they start believing in each other again and start taking a few risks in possession. Confidence a big issue. I'm not sure how it's done but this is where Mr Hughes earns his pocket money.

.............HOWEVER, he WILL earn it and normal service WILL be resumed.

:flag:

Sorry, have to disagree, I thought St Johnstone never passed it better they just pushed us back by closing us down quicker and playing high cross field balls for their forwards to try and win and their midfieilders to pick up. Speaking to a few of the guys in the stand they all agreed when someone compared St Johnstone to Wimbledon. Hibs are a team that like time on the ball, dont give them it and they panic and make mistakes, all the poorer footballing sides know this now and thats what they do. Against the bigger teams Like Dundee Utd, Celtic and Rangers, they will feel like they dont have to stop us play as the way they play is enough to beat us, which lets us play the way we want and again makes us look OK, but against the lower opposition, we have no answer to being bullied!

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree with most of your post, but the highlighted bit doesnt cut it for me. I think sentiment is getting in the way and as long as someone is giving 100% then they are OK. yes its nice to see a player give 100%, but football is results driven and you only get results, over the course of a season, if you have better players than opposition. I would rather have a team full of 100% talented players giving 50% effort than a team of 50 % talented players giving 100%. If you have the talent but not the effort then you have scope to improve and thats where the manager comes in. If you have players that are giving 100% but still not doing much, there is no scope to move forward as the manager cant give more ability.

Nish is probably a nice guy, gives 100%, and is a hibby, but he just doesnt have the ability and judging by his frustration I think he knows he is out of his depth. Big tall players like Nish, that dont have much ability on the deck need to be physical, good in the air, hard to push off the ball and able to hold the ball up. Unfortunately Nish doesnt seem to be able to do this well.

So a 'talented' player hiding and doing nothing is more acceptable (in terms of him getting no stick) than a journeyman giving 100 percent?

Lets be clear- I'd rather have talented players giving 100 percent than average ones but;
1. I'm realistic and know we'll never have a team full of them
2. Not giving 100 percent is actually cheating the club and it's fans.

As it happens, we had a poor player hiding (Stevenson) on Saturday but hardly a word about that. Does Nish deserve stick and not him?

Captain Trips
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
So a 'talented' player hiding and doing nothing is more acceptable (in terms of him getting no stick) than a journeyman giving 100 percent?

Lets be clear- I'd rather have talented players giving 100 percent than average ones but;

As it happens, we had a poor player hiding (Stevenson) on Saturday but hardly a word about that. Does Nish deserve stick and not him?

How do we know what players are giving 100%? What evidence is there that Nish was giving 100% or any more than other folk.

RoslinInstHibby
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Nish was poor at he weekend, if Gow can play anywhere along the front then he should get a start against Killie in Nish's place.

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
How do we know what players are giving 100%? What evidence is there that Nish was giving 100% or any more than other folk.

FFS this is getting ridiculous.

A striker who is not prepared to put himself in the firing line can easily hide behind his marker for a whole game or just speculatively hoof the baw as soon as it comes near him.

Anyone who thinks Nish didnt give 100 percent on Saturday under extremely trying circumstances i.e. abuse from fans, crap service from a non existant midfield, poor pitch, stupid ref etc etc must need their ****in head looked at.

...and oh aye, I know already that half the folk on here would give their left baw to play for Hibs and would give 100 percent. Unfortunately a lot have made career's out of being blinkered band-wagon scape goat hunters instead.

silverhibee
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
:agree: It sickened me the abuse he and one or two others took on Saturday, it does not help the team one bit. I have heard it said these players get paid fortunes, and should be able to accept it. Well thats just bollocks imho.

How many times have you heard a manager say this player needs a kick up the arse, or that player needs a cuddle, an arm round him. How many times have we heard players are short of confidence when they are playing badly, or full of it when they are scoring goals, or playing well.

It will never help berating someone during a match, no matter what anyone says.

Yes let rip here or in the pub with your mates, or even voice your displeasure after the game, but during it get behind them, its what being a supporter is all about.

BH, you are spot on here, some of the things being shouted at our players is unbelievable, like you i wonder why these people even come to the game in the first place, they give no support to the team at all.
Now the players are big laddies and can take a wee bit stick, but some of the personal abuse they are taking is out of order, the players hear it as well, every now and then i am sure the players could handle it, but to be constantly abused for 90mins game after game must have an effect on the players, they are only human after all.

Mickey Edwards
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry, have to disagree, I thought St Johnstone never passed it better they just pushed us back by closing us down quicker and playing high cross field balls for their forwards to try and win and their midfieilders to pick up. Speaking to a few of the guys in the stand they all agreed when someone compared St Johnstone to Wimbledon. Hibs are a team that like time on the ball, dont give them it and they panic and make mistakes, all the poorer footballing sides know this now and thats what they do. Against the bigger teams Like Dundee Utd, Celtic and Rangers, they will feel like they dont have to stop us play as the way they play is enough to beat us, which lets us play the way we want and again makes us look OK, but against the lower opposition, we have no answer to being bullied!

We'll have to agree to disagree then....the Wimbledon thing is understandable because they were cute enough early on to appreciate that The Good Doctor was owning our defence in the air, but otherwise their possession stuff at the back to manouevre it into crossing positions was streets ahead of our stuff ; they looked like they had plenty guys comfy on the ball and we didn't really have any {that's what's galling - we usually have loads of guys able to take the ball in tight situations but there was no trust/belief on Saturday.}

Captain Trips
01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
FFS this is getting ridiculous.

A striker who is not prepared to put himself in the firing line can easily hide behind his marker for a whole game or just speculatively hoof the baw as soon as it comes near him.

Anyone who thinks Nish didnt give 100 percent on Saturday under extremely trying circumstances i.e. abuse from fans, crap service from a non existant midfield, poor pitch, stupid ref etc etc must need their ****in head looked at.

...and oh aye, I know already that half the folk on here would give their left baw to play for Hibs and would give 100 percent. Unfortunately a lot have made career's out of being blinkered band-wagon scape goat hunters instead.

Need head looked at because you happen to think 1 thing from somebody else, FWIW I didnt say he wasnt giving 100%, I said how do you know he was more than anyone else mentioned.

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Need head looked at because you happen to think 1 thing from somebody else, FWIW I didnt say he wasnt giving 100%, I said how do you know he was more than anyone else mentioned.

You asked 'how do we know players are giving 100%?'.

In context I had been referring to Rankin and Nish- the answer is because I truly believe they do.

Again if you think all the others in the team do then fine- I disagree. Nobody is taking me up on Stevenson's performance on Saturday-and do you know why? I'd hazard a guess is that it's because it's not the 'done thing' to criticise him for some reason. I'd love anyone to come on and say with conviction he did all he could for the team on Saturday.

Captain Trips
01-03-2010, 06:26 PM

In context I had been referring to Rankin and Nish- the answer is because I truly believe they do.

Again if you think all the others in the team do then fine- I disagree. Nobody is taking me up on Stevenson's performance on Saturday-and do you know why? I'd hazard a guess is that it's because it's not the 'done thing' to criticise him for some reason. I'd love anyone to come on and say with conviction he did all he could for the team on Saturday.

Ok I agree there are players whom some might not complain about, IMO Miller is one whom I will be in minority over, I will say that I am not impressed and think he is overrated.

500miles
01-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I've posted this same point on about 3 different threads now. Colin Nish is involved in every single one of our attacking movements in the highlights. For a big guy who isn't giving 100%, he doesn't half get about.

He's no the sort of guy who's built to do all the running, although, IMO, he does his fair share. But what he does have to contend with is the physical players, wrestling away from them, and a constant physical battle. The fact is that we weren't as physically dominated by St. J's this time, and that's because we had Nish playing, and Nish done his job. Hence the different scorelines, and how we made at least double the oppertunities in this game.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 06:27 PM

I think Stevenson was giving his all on Saturday, its not good enough, as he's not good enough imho. I wouldn't say he was shirking it though.:confused:

500miles
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I think Stevenson was giving his all on Saturday, its not good enough, as he's not good enough imho. I wouldn't say he was shirking it though.:confused:

I maintain that Stevenson could do the same job as McBride. It doesn't require a lot of speed, but it needs a cool head, stregnth, and the willingness to make the simple pass. I'll put it this way, I'm a fan of what McBride does, but Stevenson could learn from McBride, and become better than him.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I maintain that Stevenson could do the same job as McBride. It doesn't require a lot of speed, but it needs a cool head, stregnth, and the willingness to make the simple pass. I'll put it this way, I'm a fan of what McBride does, but Stevenson could learn from McBride, and become better than him.

I have to disagree, again imho the cup final apart, he's done very little for us. And i think he'd be better off going somewhere else. I think we need better than he has to offer, if we are to continue to progress. Our midfield need more strength and height, he fits neither of those requirements.

Bishop Hibee
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM

Quite possibly. I agree Stevenson and McBride are similar types of players and unfortunately on Saturday that meant we didn't have enough creativity on the pitch.

I also think, as I've posted on previous threads, Nish in a 4-4-2 with players getting crosses in from wide areas would score goals. He's not got the pace or creativity to play behind a lone striker although he never hides.

As for why we lost the game, unlike earlier in the season, we did not take our chances when they came along, simple as that.

snooky
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I've posted this same point on about 3 different threads now. Colin Nish is involved in every single one of our attacking movements in the highlights. For a big guy who isn't giving 100%, he doesn't half get about.

He's no the sort of guy who's built to do all the running, although, IMO, he does his fair share. But what he does have to contend with is the physical players, wrestling away from them, and a constant physical battle. The fact is that we weren't as physically dominated by St. J's this time, and that's because we had Nish playing, and Nish done his job. Hence the different scorelines, and how we made at least double the oppertunities in this game.

I have to agree with you. Nish won nearly every ball in the air (esp. the first half viewed from my perch in the South Stand) AND made the penalty. He did his Bambi on Ice act a few times but in my opinion put in a reasonable shift.

He's an enigma - capable of both class and clutz ..... like the team as a whole.

01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I note he scored a 6 in the EEN. I assume Nish has about fifty email accounts he uses to vote 10 for himself weekly. :agree:

The daily hun gave him a 5. A tad generous in my view, but going by how some fans think he's a reliable tryer etc... (or cart horse imo) maybe spot on overall.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Of course, you'll have seena lot of Bryne to compare him favourably to Nish?

Or maybe not.

Seen enough to see he's better than Nish,

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 07:08 PM

Ok fair enough- we have vastly differing opinions on it. For me, NEVER making yourself available when we have throw in's etc., hiding behind your marker, waving Bamba away when he was trying to make a short pass to him so they nearly collided (twice) , crapping yourself when you get the ball etc., is giving your all then fine. Ross Chisholm, Brian Kerr etc., must wish they got the same tolerance from the fans.

Like you I agree he's not good enough and should be nowehere near the team in any case. If Yogi's thinking players like that in the middle of the park will get us the results we need then again that's his choice.

I'd also like to point out that I never abuse players.

Shrekko
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Aye sure.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Another major issue with Nish is the needless red cards .. A liability IMHO, and he'll be away in the summer

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM

I never said that I would rather have players hiding, what I was getting at is that the only thing people can really talk Nish up about is effort. Players like Ronaldo etc never put 100% in all the time but they still played well because they had ability. Nish gives 100% and he still isnt doing enough, my point is, if he is giving 100% and he still isnt linking up well, he isnt scoring goals, he seems to fall down a lot, doesnt seem that good in the air then surely he has shown he hasnt got anything else to offer. On the other hand Riordan has been mince and probably not giving 100%, but we know he is better than that and therefore we know that we can get more out of him. What if hibs had a team full of players that were all giving 100% and we were bottom of the league? No! We would want to replace those players. When a team is building and wants to improve the players at the bottom end of the ability scale need to go. It happens everywhere why not hibs, it seems that if you are a hibby and give 100% then that good enough for some.

And in regards to Stevenson, he doesnt get slated all the time because he doesnt play all the time. Nish has been playing almost every game this season and hasnt done enough. If people go through Stevenson we would get people going mental saying he has only started about 1 or 2 games!

IWasThere2016
01-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Yup - nae need for that!

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I have to agree with you. Nish won nearly every ball in the air (esp. the first half viewed from my perch in the South Stand) AND made the penalty. He did his Bambi on Ice act a few times but in my opinion put in a reasonable shift.

He's an enigma - capable of both class and clutz ..... like the team as a whole.

This is what gets me about fans views of Nish. Winning a header when you are about 6ft 4 isnt class it should be just run of the mill. Holding the ball up and bringing players into the game isnt class its run of the mill. Taking on a couple of players and scoring is class, playing the killer ball is class. Nothing of what I have seen of Nish warrants a class label, some of what he does warrants a mince label. To me Nish will give 100%, but is an average player at best peppered with terrible moments bordering on comedy/

Dirkster23
01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
This is what gets me about fans views of Nish. Winning a header when you are about 6ft 4 isnt class it should be just run of the mill. Holding the ball up and bringing players into the game isnt class its run of the mill. Taking on a couple of players and scoring is class, playing the killer ball is class. Nothing of what I have seen of Nish warrants a class label, some of what he does warrants a mince label. To me Nish will give 100%, but is an average player at best peppered with terrible moments bordering on comedy/

What player would you say contributed the most offensively on Saturday?

01-03-2010, 07:55 PM

I assume it's Nish for you? I thought Nish was very offensive, as in I was offended paying £22 to watch him. :agree:

Dirkster23
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I assume it's Nish for you? I thought Nish was very offensive, as in I was offended paying £22 to watch him. :agree:

Yet again no answer to a question :bye:

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM

You obviously know its Nish but thats for one reason only, he was put in for us to lump long balls forward to, which he never done anything with. If the team hit long balls to one player in particular then of course they are going to contribute the most, it doesnt mean he is a good player. For Yogi's game plan to work (Although I didnt like his gameplan) required Nish to be effective in winning the ball, holding it up and bringing the forwards into play. he never done it, he had plenty opportunities to hold the ball and make the pass, but he wants far to long on the ball. You see what happens when he is rushed, he gets tackled, passes to no one or swings at thin air. What are big guys supposed to be good at? heading, being physical, make it hard to be pushed off the ball, hold the ball up. nish isnt good at any of these things and he certainly isnt good with the ball at his feet. And if you are trying to say that because he contributed the most meant he is a good player, maybe if we had one by a couple of goals, but not when we draw against a side a good few points behind us at home.

crash
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
You obviously know its Nish but thats for one reason only, he was put in for us to lump long balls forward to, which he never done anything with. If the team hit long balls to one player in particular then of course they are going to contribute the most, it doesnt mean he is a good player. For Yogi's game plan to work (Although I didnt like his gameplan) required Nish to be effective in winning the ball, holding it up and bringing the forwards into play. he never done it, he had plenty opportunities to hold the ball and make the pass, but he wants far to long on the ball. You see what happens when he is rushed, he gets tackled, passes to no one or swings at thin air. What are big guys supposed to be good at? heading, being physical, make it hard to be pushed off the ball, hold the ball up. nish isnt good at any of these things and he certainly isnt good with the ball at his feet. And if you are trying to say that because he contributed the most meant he is a good player, maybe if we had one by a couple of goals, but not when we draw against a side a good few points behind us at home.

:top marks Duberry won everything against Nish. Yogi promised "an attractive style of passing football" when he arrived yet Nish gets a game before Zemmama and Benji.:confused:

Dirkster23
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Benji's fit and on the bench and better at holding the ball in than Nish, why doesn't Yogi play him?

If we've got better options upfront, why doesn't Yogi play play them and change our style of play to suit them?

Nish won a penalty and put Riordan straight through on the goalie twice, is it his fault we didn't win by a couple of goals?

seanraff07
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
:top marks Duberry won everything against Nish. Yogi promised "an attractive style of passing football" when he arrived yet Nish gets a game before Zemmama and Benji.:confused:

I agree with this to some extent but i think you'll find the stats show this is a good thing..
In 2010, the 8 games Nish has started we have won 5 and drew 3, in the 4 games Nish hasn't played or has came on as a sub, we have lost them al.:agree:

01-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I agree with this to some extent but i think you'll find the stats show this is a good thing..
In 2010, the 8 games Nish has started we have won 5 and drew 3, in the 4 games Nish hasn't played or has came on as a sub, we have lost them al.:agree:

If that's true I suggest starting Nish for three minutes every match, then taking him off for a guy that can trap a cement bag or turn sharper than the HGV that delivered it. :agree:

HFC 0-7
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Benji's fit and on the bench and better at holding the ball in than Nish, why doesn't Yogi play him?

If we've got better options upfront, why doesn't Yogi play play them and change our style of play to suit them?

Nish won a penalty and put Riordan straight through on the goalie twice, is it his fault we didn't win by a couple of goals?

Yogi only played him because of his height which never worked out. If you read my other posts nowhere do I say its his fault that we never won!! What I am saying is that i dont think he is good enough, IMO he had the best chance of the game and he wasted it. Yes Riordan missed a couple as well but if you read my posts I say we know what Riordan can do therefore we should keep him, Nish hasnt shown anything to say that he has class.

IMO yogi has lost it a bit, he has never been in the position before and I think he is not managing the pressure well and its feeding through to the players. Even when hibs were playing well I though Nish was the weak link, so its nothing new for me, the sooner he moves on the better.

500miles
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Another major issue with Nish is the needless red cards .. A liability IMHO, and he'll be away in the summer

3 red cards in 3 years. Hardly prolific.

01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Neil F;2373768]
IMO yogi has lost it a bit, he has never been in the position before and I think he is not managing the pressure well and its feeding through to the players. Even when hibs were playing well I though Nish was the weak link, so its nothing new for me, the sooner he moves on the better.

100% correct. But I fear Yogi is going to keep playing him. I suspect Stevenson is in for an extended run also, despite showing next to nothing against Motherwell or St J at the weekend. Worrying times with the Ross County game coming up and us in such dissaray.

500miles
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Really? So you put a wee skinny 5'10 forward on in place of a 6'3 forward when it's clear that the rest of the team is already getting physically dominated? You know what happens then? We come under more pressure, and punt the ball up the park more, only this time with no target, so it comes right back at us AGAIN.

Oh, and Nishy's best moves in the highlights started with him making runs from our own half, so that would sort of be the "only thing he contributes to is the long ball game" attitude out the window.

Honestly, if Nish had a bad game on Saturday, some posters on this thread are having an absolute effing nightmare.

J-C
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Tried this in Perth and got overran and humped 5-1 :confused:

01-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Tried this in Perth and got overran and humped 5-1 :confused:

We were 2-0 down when Benji and Zemmama went off. Nish proved a great replacement as we all know :grr: Hogg at right back was Yogi's masterstroke that day.

Expecting Rain
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM

Some fair points Rich but my vision of a strong competitive Hibs side wouldn`t include Hogg,Rankin or Nish and in a better side of course i would agree that others would come more into focus as regards their contributions and in comparrison with players of similar or better ability, in my opinion there`s nothing to stop Hibs being a better side at the moment even with the present personel, a lot of people would argue that those mentioned above would be in their 1st eleven, all three for me realistically would be on the bench and then moved on asap, i haven`t included Stevenson because i`d rather judge him in a half decent side, though i do admit he didn`t take the chance to push for a regular place on saturdays performance.

GreenPJ
02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I think everyone will concede that Nish is not the most prolific or technically gifted player at ER. The problem I have is that for every good thing he does be probably does something bad, he doesn't mean to do the bad things it just happens. Unfortunately some of his more esteemed colleagues who are meant to be prolific and technically capable and able to win games out of nothing do very little full stop (right or wrong). Nish gave the pass for two of Riordan's 3 one on one's on Saturday and won us the penalty yet he is slated when he makes his usual mistakes.

Riordan nothing is said other than a cheer when he puts in his trade mark tackle around the 65 minute mark when he has his 10 mins of perceived activity as he knows this is when Yogi makes his subs.

I would rest Nish for his own sake and give Benji a run but I would also have Riordan out of the team before that.

02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Would Nish fans prefer AOB out on the left again, I'm sure Swindon would do a deal for Deek? As in Yogi's fingers bitten off...

Wotherspiniesta
02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Would Nish fans prefer AOB out on the left again, I'm sure Swindon would do a deal for Deek? As in Yogi's fingers bitten off...

Give it a break FFS :yawn:

jdships
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Give it a break FFS :yawn:

Thankyou for a common sense reply !!:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Thought Nish was ok on Saturday, big hand in our goal and a couple of other chances, the stick he takes is way over the top IMO. He isnt going to morph into Messi so give him a break IMO I can imagine he was kept on as much for his height defensively as anything else.