PDA

View Full Version : Something that got me today

Wembley67
27-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I went to ER today for the first time in 3 years for the whole last game in the terracing thing and it got me thinking.....that terracing has had such a massive impact in my life. For the whole of my 20's I was there for nearly every home game and today I realised I will remember that part of the ground for so many more personal reasons over football reasons. Friends have been made, lives have been lost but today marked a very poignant end to an era for me and I would like to think I will come back to ER but if I do it will never ever be the same.

:hnet:

greenlex
27-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I went to ER today for the first time in 3 years for the whole last game in the terracing thing and it got me thinking.....that terracing has had such a massive impact in my life. For the whole of my 20's I was there for nearly every home game and today I realised I will remember that part of the ground for so many more personal reasons over football reasons. Friends have been made, lives have been lost but today marked a very poignant end to an era for me and I would like to think I will come back to ER but if I do it will never ever be the same.

:hnet:

It will be better. Let's hope the same can be said for things on the park.

7Hero
27-02-2010, 11:28 PM
:notworthy:

hibee_nation
28-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Depends how old you are to how misty eyed you get about the East Stand. The very fact that it is now called a stand to me means the place was gubbed. They chopped it and chopped it again and stuck a pishy roof over it and somehow it now has mystical proportions. To me it was a massive terracing whose attendance could be calculated on the walk up St. Claire Street, night games even more special. To those that grew up in the 80's and this was their first experience of ER will have a far greater love of the stand. The East Stand to me was a sign of how far we had declined in popularity compared to games of 30 to 50 thousand in the old ER. As a boy i was brought up in the North Enclosure with the Hibees stamp, stamp, stamp ringing in my ears from above. Glory Glory to all Hibees regardless, we are the best ****in club by miles. :notworthy:

Mikey
28-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Thread tidied. Apologies to those of you who had posts deleted. That apology doesn't extend to mully_bear :wink:

Let's keep it on topic from here on in :cool2:

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Thread tidied. Apologies to those of you who had posts deleted. That apology doesn't extend to mully_bear :wink:

Let's keep it on topic from here on in :cool2:

Did we ever find out why he hadn't been to ER in 3 years?

:devil: