PDA

View Full Version : East Stand

dp00
27-02-2010, 11:06 PM
As we are at home next week can i assume that the east will be gone by next saturday ?

If so i would assume work will be starting tommorow

monktonharp
27-02-2010, 11:37 PM
dont be silly. it's all been a wind up for the 1st of April.just a month early,that's all:yawn:

proud_and_green
27-02-2010, 11:40 PM
As we are at home next week can i assume that the east will be gone by next saturday ?

Eh?

madabouthibs
27-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Yup, the East stand has been cleared for take off tonight, around about 2am.
:agree:

The work to clear/flatten the area behind the stand will start next week, and then the big diggers will move in.

Arch Stanton
28-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Nah - thats all rubbish (cleared for take-off, sheesh), because it went so well today there's going to be an "end of the east" next week as well and every home gome till the end of the season. If it proves successful they will carry on having such events next season too.

The fact is these isn't going to be a new East Stand - not now - not ever - cause were skint, stoney broke, down on our uppers. But something had to be done to get the East folks going again - give then a reason to believe. If the idiots want to stand and watch the fitba then fine, let them stand all they like - as long as they do it well away from decent folks that don't have aids, ken.

Lets face it, they did us proud today - they managed to outsing the hordes from Perth and it is believed that, if Montrose were ever to play again at ER we might even manage to outsing them too.

But pride has been restored - while we have only 3 stands and a shed and a cock and bull story about ending up with 4 stands we can stand tall with our city neighbours with their 3 stands and a shed and a cock and bull story about ending up with 4 stands and a hotel and leisure complex.

(Ok OK so we don't end up with a hotel and a leisure complex but we just didn't have enough money to hire a graphics artist good enough to draw all that, not did we have enough cardboard boxes to make it look like we had a sizable enough planning application).

Pegs anyone?

madabouthibs
28-02-2010, 12:32 AM
So, I wasted £3 on a speshul programme today??? :grr::grr:

RickyS
28-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Eh?

think he means, will the East still be standing

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 01:16 AM

Don't think so, as your probably know already kick off is 2pm as the floodlights won't be there, cause their not there i'm asuming the stand won't be either?:rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Nah - thats all rubbish (cleared for take-off, sheesh), because it went so well today there's going to be an "end of the east" next week as well and every home gome till the end of the season. If it proves successful they will carry on having such events next season too.

The fact is these isn't going to be a new East Stand - not now - not ever - cause were skint, stoney broke, down on our uppers. But something had to be done to get the East folks going again - give then a reason to believe. If the idiots want to stand and watch the fitba then fine, let them stand all they like - as long as they do it well away from decent folks that don't have aids, ken.

Lets face it, they did us proud today - they managed to outsing the hordes from Perth and it is believed that, if Montrose were ever to play again at ER we might even manage to outsing them too.

But pride has been restored - while we have only 3 stands and a shed and a cock and bull story about ending up with 4 stands we can stand tall with our city neighbours with their 3 stands and a shed and a cock and bull story about ending up with 4 stands and a hotel and leisure complex.

(Ok OK so we don't end up with a hotel and a leisure complex but we just didn't have enough money to hire a graphics artist good enough to draw all that, not did we have enough cardboard boxes to make it look like we had a sizable enough planning application).

Pegs anyone?

:yawn::yawn::yawn: