PDA

View Full Version : Was todays performance as bad as the last 3

Cameron1875
27-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes some will laugh and say how because we lost 5-1 last week but apart from a couple of breakaways i thought we were under the cosh for the whole match. The confidence amongst the back four in particular has been shattered with the 3 small midfielders really struggling.

If we somehow start getting our finger out then 3rd/4th is definitely still there but going to have to win next sat.

* Can an admin add a Poll with a simple yes or no as i dont have a clue how to do them

heretoday
27-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Hibs are great - let's face it.

sixtwo
27-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Today was poor. We have been on a poor run and it has to stop! Yogi needs to do something. Take the boys to spain for a bonding session and try and get a bit of spirit back in the team. It is lacking badly. there is no cohesion. No one seems to know their role.

If he doesn't take them away he should get them into east mains everyday next week 9-5 and drill it into them how important it is that they turn this around.

We can still make this a great season if we start to turn the corner!

Reaper
27-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I think we've been getting away with playing like this for a while. Now we're not getting away with it.

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2010, 09:09 PM
To be honest, today was awful.

alfieboi75
27-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Today's performance was diabolical.....the team as a whole did not click...individuals performance was shocking to watch....we had the chances towards the end of 2nd half.....nish cocked up when there was an opportunity to pass wide to stokes, instead he stood still outside saints 18 yard box....murray passing, defending and intelligence is shocking....its time for him to be left out as i felt he could have costed us the game...

hughes and rice were not happy with the performance, and when trying to get their point across....nobody appeared to listen.....

disappointed with hibs today, but acheiving a draw after a run of 3 defeats is a bonus...and hopefuly hibs shall win next week against killie.....

IWasThere2016
27-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I think we've been getting away with playing like this for a while. Now we're not getting away with it.

:agree: When we were winning/unbeaten we were doing so while not playing well enough - now performance levels have deteriorated the drop in results was never going to be far away IMHO.

heretoday
27-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Why dont we just bugger off?

IWasThere2016
27-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Hibs are great - let's face it.

:greengrin

DC_Hibs
28-02-2010, 07:54 AM
There weren't too many dissenting voices when we were (luckily) picking up points earlier in the season despite regularly being outplayed in midfield.

First step is to revert to a 442, two up front and one attacking midfielder as he isn't interested in a winger or two and sticks Riordan out there on his jack with Stokes isolated.

Hughes is slowly but surely being found out among the fans - other managers must shake their heid when they heard the praise he was getting before. Any mug could get 3rd with our squad - had unbelievable backing from the board - altho Hughes is struggling to manage! that.

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 08:23 AM
:agree: When we were winning/unbeaten we were doing so while not playing well enough - now performance levels have deteriorated the drop in results was never going to be far away IMHO.

I think this pretty much sums it up, we`ve stopped defending as a team and anything that goes up to the front comes right back, we`re also playing players out of position, some might i add by being on the pitch, we don`t even look like scoring goals at the moment, i don`t think it would take too much to change it though, just a bit of realisim, we`re not playing in La Liga.

Hibercelona
28-02-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't understand this whole "luck" element that people put into football.

There is no luck in football.

The team that wins is the team that deserves to win, its as simple as that.

For the first half of the season we were defending better, players tracked back better, players weren't getting caught out of position and there was far more hunger/desire.

There's a huge lack of motivation in the squad at the moment and its very important that the players are educated on just how much it means to play for the jersey.

basehibby
28-02-2010, 08:50 AM
There weren't too many dissenting voices when we were (luckily) picking up points earlier in the season despite regularly being outplayed in midfield.

First step is to revert to a 442, two up front and one attacking midfielder as he isn't interested in a winger or two and sticks Riordan out there on his jack with Stokes isolated.

Hughes is slowly but surely being found out among the fans - other managers must shake their heid when they heard the praise he was getting before. Any mug could get 3rd with our squad - had unbelievable backing from the board - altho Hughes is struggling to manage! that.

It's coming accross like you made your mind up a while ago and have just been waiting to say "I told you so".

Well this fan is still behind Yogi - OK he's not perfect and makes the odd error - but the positives outweigh the negatives for me and I'm happy to predict right now that you'll be eating your words later on in the season.

killie-hibby
28-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Watt Nichol(I think thats his name),sports psychologist has done a few sessions with the team. If he is still employed by Hibs boot him now,if not bring him back tomorrow morning.

EasterRoad4Ever
28-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't understand this whole "luck" element that people put into football.

The team that wins is the team that deserves to win, its as simple as that.

For the first half of the season we were defending better, players tracked back better, players weren't getting caught out of position and there was far more hunger/desire.

There's a huge lack of motivation in the squad at the moment and its very important that the players are educated on just how much it means to play for the jersey.

Miller v Well shouldn't have been red carded - we went on to lose that one.
St J keeper yesterday should have received straight RED - we drew that.

These were critical decisions and IMHO cost us at least 3 points.

Vini1875
28-02-2010, 12:59 PM
It didn't look great but to me Yogi has set us up to be hard to beat and much less cavalier going forward. For what ever reason he has been unable to get the right blend of attack from our forwards. With Nish on the park we too often opt for a long high ball, which didn't work because Micheal Duberry had Nish in his pocket. Plus our centre halves struggled against their forwards who were willing to get stuck in. Stokes needs a partner up there not a player playing behind him, he needs someone along side. Yogi has decided Deeks can't play that role, Gow is not fit enough and the only other alternative is Benji.

Still the games recently apart from Aberdeen have been against teams who work much harder than us and who are playing well at the minute. The huns, motherwell and St. johnstone are decent sides on a good runs. We are going to have dig a bit deeper.

The other problem we have is players coming in who are a bit rusty like Lewis Stevenson and Gow. They are not getting games and so when they play it takes time for them to get up to speed.

To be honest I could suffer a few work man like performances to get wins throughout the whole of March, when our rivals for 3rd all have to play each other.
If we beat Killie next week while hearts and dundee utd draw we are back in the driving seat, making the game v hearts on the 20th and then dundee utd on the 24th the two games which will have us clear in 3rd.

BEEJ
28-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Utter twaddle. :greengrin