PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings (merged)

SRHibs
27-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Stack - 7 - Solid throughout the game. Can't think of any mistakes he made.
Wotherspoon - 7 - Our MOTM imo. Good runs down the right hand side and played a couple of quality balls in.
Hogg - 5 - Looked shaky. Made a few mistakes and is nowhere near as commanding as he should be considering he's our captain
Bamba - 6 - Generally solid throughout the game but had a couple of dodgy moments near the end.
Murray - 7 - Thought he looked good apart from the one moment where he lost possession outside our box.
Riordan - 5 - Did nothing good of note. Should've done better when he was through on goal
Stevenson - 5 - Anonymous
Miller - 6 - Made a couple of good runs through the middle and played a few nice passes through to the forwards.
McBride - 5 - Wasn't very good. Might've been doing the unseen work though.:wink: Hope his injury isn't anything serious.
Nish - 5 - Fell over alot
Stokes - 6 - Apart from the goal he didn't do much

Subs

Zemmama - 2 - Think I only saw him touch the ball the once.

whereswallace?
27-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Wotherspoon - 7 - Our MOTM imo. Good runs down the right hand side and played a couple of quality balls in.
Hogg - 5 - Looked shaky. Made a few mistakes and is nowhere near as commanding as he should be considering he's our captain
Bamba - 6 - Generally solid throughout the game but had a couple of dodgy moments near the end.
Murray - 7 - Thought he looked good apart from the one moment where he lost possession outside our box.
Riordan - 5 - Did nothing good of note. Should've done better when he was through on goal
Miller - 6 - Made a couple of good runs through the middle and played a few nice passes through to the forwards.
McBride - 5 - Wasn't very good. Might've been doing the unseen work though.:wink: Hope his injury isn't anything serious.

Subs

IMO Ian Murray had one of the poorest games iv seen from him,couple decent tackles but that was it.Probablt still better than the rest of the *****e that was on display though.Yogis decision not to change it cost us,again IMO.

Hibees07
27-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Subs

Murray - was murder.
Stevenson - was also murder.
Riordan - was he playing, can't say I noticed.
Nish - was Nish.
Hogg - was murder

Bamba - was about the only player who stood up to the physical battle, I can't believe some people are saying he was bad, I must have watched another game. :agree:

SRHibs
27-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Murray - was murder.
Nish - was Nish.
Hogg - was murder

Bamba - was about the only player who stood up to the physical battle, I can't believe some people are saying he was bad, I must have watched another game. :agree:

Ye, I thought Bamba was generally good throughout the game. His mistakes in the box in the second half of the game could've been costly though.
Didn't think Murray did much wrong tbh. Made a couple of good tackles and I can only recall the one dodgy moment from him throughout the match.

MussyHibby
27-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Bamba - was about the only player who stood up to the physical battle, I can't believe some people are saying he was bad, I must have watched another game. :agree:[/QUOTE]

Agreed buddy. Lets not forget though people can tell that a player should be dropped via the radio!:bitchy:

Cropley10
27-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Stack - 6 - couple of lucky breaks
Wotherspoon - 7 - Our MOTM - but frequently had no one to either throw or pass the ball to
Bamba - 4 - honking - Sol Bombscare.
Murray - 6 - did OK but doesnt link with the player ahead enough
Riordan [/B]- 3 - what exactly is the point of Derek Riordan? Can't beat a man, no-one passes to him, can't tackle. A total luxury player
Stevenson - 4 - Looked like a player who hadn't started a game in years
Miller - 5 - a shadow of the player we saw in August
McBride - 6 - kept working and organising
Nish - 3 - dreadful. Absolutely. Dreadful.
Stokes - 8 - Kept on trying. Dreadful service

Ref: 0 - worst performance by any official at ER this season.

James Connolly
27-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Stack - 7 MOM Made some good catches under pressure.
Wotherspoon - 6 Struggled in the 1st half with poor distribution; good forward runs in the 2nd.
Hogg - 3 Abysmal, couldn't handle Deucher!!:grr:
Bamba -7 A few timely interceptions; covered Hogg's ass for most of the game.
Murray - 7 Looked nervy early on; usual dependable performance though.
Riordan - 4 Should have played ball to Stokes in 1st half (backpost); should have scored in the 2nd after rounding keeper.
Stevenson - 4 Poor distribution throughout.
Miller - 6 One or 2 nice through balls, fought hard but outclassed by Liam Craig.
McBride - 5 Wasn't at his best today; slowed play up at times.
Nish - 3 Started great, done well to win pen; WTF after that???:bitchy:
Stokes - 5 Goal apart, poor performance; far too greedy at times, like Riordan!

Hibees07
27-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Stack - 6 - couple of lucky breaks
Wotherspoon - 7 - Our MOTM - but frequently had no one to either throw or pass the ball to
Bamba - 4 - honking - Sol Bombscare.
Murray - 6 - did OK but doesnt link with the player ahead enough
Riordan [/B]- 3 - what exactly is the point of Derek Riordan? Can't beat a man, no-one passes to him, can't tackle. A total luxury player
Stevenson - 4 - Looked like a player who hadn't started a game in years
Miller - 5 - a shadow of the player we saw in August
McBride - 6 - kept working and organising
Nish - 3 - dreadful. Absolutely. Dreadful.
Stokes - 8 - Kept on trying. Dreadful service

Ref: 0 - worst performance by any official at ER this season.

How on earth do you think Bamba was honking, had he not played St.Johnstone would have scored another 5. I think my specs must need a clean! :confused:

fife hfc
27-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Stack 7 never really had much to do
Wotherspoon 5 got better as game went on but hoofed the ball away in a panic for some reason
Murray 4 seemed to panic too much and almost cost us a goal on a couple of occasions
Bamba 7 best defender by a country mile and stood up to a very physical St Johnstone
Hogg 5 Better in second half but Deuchar murdered him in first
Mcbride 5 never really imposed himself on the game and was over run
Miller 7 best midfielder and battled hard and tried to create
Stevenson 6 not the worse player and at least stood up to the saints and battled
Riordan 4 should have scored and how he was not replaced i'll never know
Stokes 5 scored and that was it but never got the service
nish 5 a five for winning the penalty and can't fault effort but some of work was laughable. yogi you're a clown if you think zemmama and benji could not have done better.

Zemmama 1 came on and never got the ball:confused:

Yogi 3 felt he was wrong not to substitute the totally ineffective Nish and Deeks

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Stack - 6 - ok but glued to the six-yard box.
Wotherspoon - 7 - The only one with a bit of composure and maturity.
Hogg - 6 - Had a hard time up against Saints forwards.
Bamba - 6 - Coped reasonably well and a few dodgy moments.
Murray - 6 - Worked hard but wasn't his usual self.
Riordan - 5 - Toiling, struggled to understand the game at times.
Stevenson - 5 - Struggled badly to provide spark in midfield.
Miller - 6 - Some nice interplay with McBride & Spoony, but never linked up well with Stevenson.
McBride - 6 - Kept it simple and quietly effective until injury.
Nish - 6 - Great 1st half, then posessed by the spirit of a donkey in the 2nd half.
Stokes - 7 - Kept on plugging away. Very poor service from midfield though.

Ref - 0 - Absolutely dreadful.

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Stack 6 - had nothing to do
Wotherspoon 6 - Played well, thought he should have had a shot though when he had beaten about 3 men
Hogg 5 - Didn't think he was too bad today, very unlucky with his booking considering it was him who had been elbowed in the face!
Bamba 6 - there were moments of madness from him and then moments of brilliance, he does seem to have a certain attitude about him these days though
Murray 6 - good game as ever
McBride 5 - never really noticed him today
Miller 7 - best player on the pitch
Stevenson 6 - got stuck in, good tackles from him
Deek 4 - was never in the game, should have scored to make it 2-0
Stokes 5 - worked hard but needs to learn how to stay onside!
Nish 5 - did well to win us the penalty, the only striker that was actually challenging for headers

J-C
27-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Stack. 7 dealt with everything

Wotherspoon 6 Some loose passing in first half, better in 2nd
Hogg 5 Constantly beaten in the air, not commanding enough
Bamba 7 Strong, won most things and drove forward when he could.
Murray 6 Decent game, strong in the challenge.

McBride 4 Didn't notice he was playing till I saw his name on the back of his shirt.
Stevenson 4 Overran in midfield, just isn't strong enough for a midfield battle.
Miller 6 Caught in possession too often and again not strong enough at times
Riordan 5 chased back a lot more but should've scored when had his chances.

Nish 2 How can a guy his size not jump and is unable to head a ball, his footwork is atrocious and panicked every time he got the ball, should've been hooked just after the break.
Stokes 6 worked hard but struggled at times.

Zouma 3 never enough time to change anything

Referee 1 Has to be the worst ref I've seen so far, how the Saints keeper wasn't sent off for the penalty is beyond comprehension. Booked players needlessly after nothing challenges and let others off with nothing after a bad one, he was a disgrace.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Stack - 7

Wotherspoon - 6
Hogg - 3
Bamba - 7
Murray - 6

McBride - 6
Miller - 6
Stevenson - 4

Riordan - 5
Nish - 3
Stokes - 5

Broken Gnome
27-02-2010, 06:53 PM
How on earth do you think Bamba was honking, had he not played St.Johnstone would have scored another 5. I think my specs must need a clean! :confused:

The Bamba stuff is way OTT. On one hand you've people suggesting our only physical barrier to Deuchar and Sheridan shouldn't have been playing, and even if he did have dodgy moments he is the only defender out there that would have stopped Sheridan scoring when clean through in the first half. But aye, let's ignore the best piece of defending from a Hibs player all day.

RoxburghHibs
27-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Stack - 7 Solid and commanding
Wotherspoon - 6 Steady performance with some good runs and crosses
Hogg - 6 Made a couple of fantastic tackles in the box but struggled overall
Bamba -7 Getting back to the form before the Africa Nations Cup
Murray - 5 One of his poorer performances this season
Riordan - 6 Should have killed off the game with chance when he rounded keeper
Stevenson - 5 He seemed to panic everytime he got the ball today
Miller - 6 Still really like Miller but not his best game
McBride - 5 See Miller - hope his injury isn't bad?
Nish - 4 How on earth did he last 90 minutes with Benji, Zemamma and Gow on the bench???
Stokes - 5 Service to him today was poor - good pen

Yogi -5 Should have changed things early in the 2nd half

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Just some of my observations;

I thought Ian Murray was very poor today, one of the poorest games I've seen him play.

Wotherspoon started off poorly but I think he got better as the game went on.

Bamba made some excellent tackles AS USUAL but his distribution was poor AS USUAL.

Riordan was anonymous but should have put the game to bed with his second half chance.

Stokes was far too isolated up front and got hardly any decent service.

Liam Miller was probably our man of the match today, I thought he was impressive.

Nish worked hard and was unfortunate a few times when the ball took bad bounces and got stuck in the turf. Won a lot of headers that were unfortunately not picked up by a team mate.

RigRoars
27-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Because there's idiots in every support.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
27-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Stack 7 (not a lot to do)

Spoon 7 (getting better and better)
Hogg 7 (was there when it mattered)
Bamba 8 (Great display, pace and strength got us out of trouble several times. MOM)
Murray 7 (Didn't get forward as much but usual tough tackling)

Deek 6 (Still can't beleive he didn't score the winner, but at least worked)
McBride 6 (Worked away)
Stevenson 4 (Mostly anonymous and how he lasted the ninety is beyond me
Miller 7 (Drove us on, esp in the second half)

Stokes 6 (Usual graft but not enough service)
Nish 3 (Other than the first three minutes, dross. No pace, can't hold it up, and distribution hopeless. No threat at all to St J)

Zouma, 6 minutes in the pitch and only because McBride hobbled off. WTF Yogi? :confused:

mully_bear
27-02-2010, 10:55 PM
bunch of clueless ****s. he chased everything going, at least looked interested / busy. Always trying with NO service / quality

if your whole team is playing ***** then a striker wont have a good game. A player rating is based an his individual and team performance. Getting balls pumped high all day??? whats he meant to do, hes not 6ft 5.

also bamba at points for dodgy but n first half when cillian went through he caught him and blocked hm clearing a chance for him to score. also covered hogg when he went chasing out for headers from CB and was NOWHERE near it.

HOGG is ***** has been since his one season as POTY. been suspect / ***** ever since. Hes the weak link.

aye fair dos we were ***** but stokes was always trying and running

Crab apple
27-02-2010, 10:59 PM
bunch of clueless ****s. he chased everything going, at least looked interested / busy. Always trying with NO service / quality

if your whole team is playing ***** then a striker wont have a good game. A player rating is based an his individual and team performance. Getting balls pumped high all day??? whats he meant to do, hes not 6ft 5.

also bamba at points for dodgy but n first half when cillian went through he caught him and blocked hm clearing a chance for him to score. also covered hogg when he went chasing out for headers from CB and was NOWHERE near it.

HOGG is ***** has been since his one season as POTY. been suspect / ***** ever since. Hes the weak link.

No need to abuse other posters but I agree with you about Stokes. Looked the most likely of the forwards to score today and has done for the last few games.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I gave him a "6"..

Am I allowed to speak?!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
27-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Stokes was twice the threat of that plank, Nish.

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 11:09 PM

FFS calm doon man. :rolleyes:

mully_bear
27-02-2010, 11:10 PM
No need to abuse other posters but I agree with you about Stokes. Looked the most likely of the forwards to score today and has done for the last few games.

aye you right. im just in, was in hectors in stockbridge then taxi hame. heard someone say "aye the ***** fell over and ball went under his foot" i said "nish" he said "aye"

bit pissed, therefore angry, hurt, etc from a pathetic hibs "perforamce"

at 1 nil we should have went on and made reparation for the 5-1

mully_bear
27-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I gave him a "6"..

Am I allowed to speak?!
of course its a forum :)

Expecting Rain
27-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Stokes could have went off after his goal and still won man of the match such was the pathetic efforts of others.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 11:18 PM
of course its a forum :)

I don't want to be branded a "Clueless ****" though :boo hoo:

mully_bear
27-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't want to be branded a "Clueless ****" though :boo hoo:

that could be the 10 pints of peroni consumed that enraged me lol.

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Stokes is our only goal threat just now. Nuff said.

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Stokes was miles better than Nish and Riordan today.
I'd say him and Wotherspoon were our best players.
5?:grr:

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Stokes was miles better than Nish and Riordan today.
I'd say him and Wotherspoon were our best players.
5?:grr:

Thought Riordan played well today. Best game other than Wotherspoon who was fantastic.:agree:

LEaston87
28-02-2010, 01:27 AM
bored off slaggin nish we'l slag of stokes who's scored most our goals this season and chased every shi*t ball the midfield gave him. clueless twats

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Thought Riordan played well today. Best game other than Wotherspoon who was fantastic.:agree:

I'm afraid i disagree about Riordan, i still think he is wasted out on the left where he has less impact on the match than he would playing upfront.

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm afraid i disagree about Riordan, i still think he is wasted out on the left where he has less impact on the match than he would playing upfront.

I actually agree with you on that point, though he played much better today than he as in recent weeks.

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 01:38 AM
I actually agree with you on that point, though he played much better today than he as in recent weeks.

Yep definitely, although he wasn't given much of a chance against Rangers and never got on against Motherwell, started against St.Johnstone in midweek but didn't take his chance, yet neither did anyone really.

KWJ
28-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Stokes was okay, couldn't do a great deal with long balls against Duberry. He found space but wasn't given the ball by Riordan and Nish.

Riordan didn't give it away much and got passed his man for his shot that he should have passed or buried. Should have done better with his 2 second half chances though.

Nish played pretty well first half, did well for the pen. Gave one nice flick on in the 2nd half and that was about it. Looked atrocious at other times especially when he broke into the box after a good run.

Wotherspoon was exciting.

Murray capitulated towards the end.

Bamba is a bit like Nish up front but with even more extremes. On numerous occassions he looked far too good for the game, waltzing through it like a man against kids and with exquisite touches. Then he does his best to give away a penalty and hits the panic button.

Thought Hogg played fairly well really, all IMO.

Midfield was bypassed with the long balls. Really need to get the pitch sorted so that we can play our passing game.

Miller had a good run and ball for Riordan but apart from that he along with Miller & Stevenson didn't do enough.

Beefster
28-02-2010, 06:56 AM
As things stand at this moment in time, Stokes is a 4 carat diamond in a pile of cubic zirconia.

The boy's a class act and, if he keeps his head screwed on and keeps producing the goods, will eventually be heading for a bigger platform than we can provide.

James Connolly
28-02-2010, 07:07 AM
bored off slaggin nish we'l slag of stokes who's scored most our goals this season and chased every shi*t ball the midfield gave him. clueless twats

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'clueless twat'?

I gave Stokes a 5 today; thought it wasn't one of his better performances - my opinion though!!

As for Nish...:faf: - my opinion again!!

As I said on another thread; maybe you should lay off the shandies before coming on here, acting the keyboard hardman!!

alfieboi75
28-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Murray - 7 - Thought he looked good apart from the one moment where he lost possession outside our box.:confused:

Subs

In 1st half, there was no good performances from any Hibs player. All below par.

In 2nd half, Wotherspoon played better. He was the only one to come out and pull his socks up. Nish....had no sense of awareness.....Murray.....was shocking.....why he was never taken off, I'll never know......

Hibs did not have any presence in midfield, and there is where Yogi should be looking at......Hibs need a midfielder who can get stuck in, and boss the midfield area.....

Come on Hi Bees!!!

Hibercelona
28-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Stack - 7 - Done everything that was required of him
Wotherspoon - 7 - Worked his socks off and always look dangerous down the wing.
Hogg - 3 - Not a defender, never mind a captain.
Bamba - 6 - Better than the last couple of games.
Murray - 5 - One of his worst performances since his return. A few good tackles in 90 minutes isn't worthy of a higher rating.
Riordan - 3 - I don't think you know what it means to play for the Hibs. Get your finger out Deek, or just get out all together.
Stevenson - 5 - An average player with an average performance.
Miller - 4 - Been a bit of a hot head lately and needs to keep his cool better. Stupid pen to conceed.
McBride - 4 - Pretty much anonymous.
Nish - 3 - Has the potential to be dangerous, but can't be arsed.
Stokes - 3 - Overall, very poor.

Zemmama - 0 - Pretty useless if you only get the last 2 minutes.

Yogi - 2 - Learn to make subs, or it will cost us dearly.

Ref - (-10) - An absolute twat.

Expecting Rain
28-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Stack-4-He is allowed to move off his goal line.
Wotherspoon-5-Showed a lot of character on a day when things didn`t come off for him.
Hogg-2-Slow,ponderous and gets a standing ovation when he does what he is supposed to do.
Bamba-6-More good than bad,take the erratic out of his game and he`d be a top player for us.
Murray-2-Usually Mr Consistent but a bad day at the office.
Miller-5-Quiet game today by his standards.
McBride-3-Was he playing? Hasn`t been the same since his injury.
Stevenson-3-Ineffectual in what is arguably his best position.
Riordan-3-Got himself into great positions, should have scored a couple.
Nish-1-For turning up and running about and jumping occasionally.
Stokes-6-Worked hard and scored, handicapped by his fellow strikers.

Yogi-3-Tough spell for the big man, lots of players letting him down by being unable to do the basics.

skipster7
28-02-2010, 08:46 AM
thought everyone would agree that nish had to play to give us at least an out ball and that he did but unfortunatly for colin he seems to let groans from the stands get to him easily and quickly becomes a nervous wreck when he does get the ball.also thought stevenson got stuck right in to a few challenges but unfortunatly is too small and most of the play bypassed him.
they are one awkward team to play against but our defence (spoony apart) looked like they had never met,we had plenty chances to put it to bed though .

Hibs90
28-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Stack - 5
Wotherspoon - 6 - Some good crossing and runs forward but can't pass.
Hogg - 5 - Looked a bit nervous and shaky.
Bamba - 5 - Needs a slap.
Murray - 5 - Needs a slap.
Riordan - 7 - Better from him, first time I've seen him take a man on and win in ages. Looked pacier, shame his finishing was poor yesterday.
Stevenson - 5 - Would have preferred Rankin and that says something.
Miller - 6
McBride - 5 - Another injury.
Nish - 6 - At least he tried
Stokes - 5 - Done naff all apart from the penalty.

MussyHibby
28-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Stack - 5
Wotherspoon - 6 - Some good crossing and runs forward but can't pass.
Hogg - 5 - Looked a bit nervous and shaky.
Bamba - 5 - Needs a slap. :faf: So do you! :wink:
Murray - 5 - Needs a slap.
Riordan - 7 - Better from him, first time I've seen him take a man on and win in ages. Looked pacier, shame his finishing was poor yesterday.
Stevenson - 5 - Would have preferred Rankin and that says something.
Miller - 6
McBride - 5 - Another injury.
Nish - 6 - At least he tried
Stokes - 5 - Done naff all apart from the penalty.

Riordan - 7 :faf:

snooky
28-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Murray - was murder.
Nish - was Nish.
Hogg - was murder

I thought most of the players did some good and some bad things.
It depends on which part you remember best or alternatively want to focus on. Alas as we all witnessed the team as a whole played poorly.

Pray tell me, how many 'star' players have St Johnstone?
Go figure how we can't compete at home against them.