PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from today's game (plus East Stand souvenir hunting...)

Carheenlea
27-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Decided to bring the camera back along for the East Stand`s final outing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand#

ArabHibee
27-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Link's not working?

Carheenlea
27-02-2010, 07:13 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand#

OK now?

AugustaHibs
27-02-2010, 07:16 PM
There is another thread. :wink:

Jamie
27-02-2010, 07:18 PM
brill pics mate, i'm i a few taking pics lol

East Stand scavengers (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1171593&postcount=20) :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
27-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Good photos :thumbsup:

tony higgins
27-02-2010, 07:32 PM

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand# (http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand#)

Bet that ends up in a pub.

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Yass - I'm in at least 3 of those photos!

cocopops1875
27-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Yass - I'm in at least 3 of those photos!Do you look like a jakey tramp in them:confused:

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you look like a jakey tramp in them:confused:

Totally. :greengrin

Brando7
27-02-2010, 09:18 PM
brill pics mate, i'm i a few taking pics lol

East Stand scavengers (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1171593&postcount=20) :thumbsup:

Hope you's are all proud of yourselves

for a mere £10 a seat u could have put money back into the club but no :bitchy:

cocopops1875
27-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Totally. :greengrin well done thats the spirit :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-02-2010, 09:52 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand# (http://picasaweb.google.com/Carheenlee/HibernianVStJohnsone11LastDayOfEastStand#)

OK now?

Excellent photos of the souvenir hunting.:thumbsup:

Jamie
27-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Hope you's are all proud of yourselves

for a mere £10 a seat u could have put money back into the club but no :bitchy:

What did you expect, everyone to say cheerio and leave quietly?

And hibs werenae selling the seat number signs so they would have just been skipped :rolleyes:

And FYI I paid my £20 for 2 seats and I don't even sit in the east :cool2:

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I think the point is that most of the stuff could fetch a price as a collectors item. the signs could be on ebay tomorrow and someone will buy them with the proceeds going to an individual rather than the club.

Even if the demolition company were to sell them it would have been negotiated in the demolition costing.

It's theft no matter how it's dressed up.

If the club were really that bothered about it they would have instructed the stewards/police to make sure no one got away with anything.

As it was the stewards and police just stood back watching and let it happen.

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I think the point is that most of the stuff could fetch a price as a collectors item. the signs could be on ebay tomorrow and someone will buy them with the proceeds going to an individual rather than the club.

Even if the demolition company were to sell them it would have been negotiated in the demolition costing.

Yes, "could" but I think it's safe to assume anything that wasn't pillaged today will just end up being scrapped.

capitals_finest
27-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Get a grip FFS.

The stuff would have been scrapped.

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 10:48 PM
The club were concerened enough to have everyone searched for tools before entry so it was undoubtedly an issue.
As for standing back I'm sure public safety would come into effect if trying to stop large numbers removing seats etc.

I did change it to "could" from "would" as it's conjecture, however, the stuff that was removed was the stuff that could have fetched a price, that's the point.
Scrap value is factored into demolition work by the way, just the same as any environmental reinstatement work, each can affect the negotiated cost.

Just saying it's not as simple as saying "we're done with it, do what you will"

I wasn't searched going into the stand today, they were only searching bags. That might have been a time thing though as there were still massive queues waiting to get in at 2.55

Still, I could have had anything with me and I would have got it in today :agree:

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2010, 10:49 PM
The club were concerened enough to have everyone searched for tools before entry so it was undoubtedly an issue.
As for standing back I'm sure public safety would come into effect if trying to stop large numbers removing seats etc.

"

Wasn't the tools thing about stopping folk taking in offensive weapons, rather than protecting against theft?

capitals_finest
27-02-2010, 10:51 PM
OK
I have gripped

:greengrin

It was always going to happen. Saying that, I do find it a bit strange that security were using metal detectors at the turnstyles while turning a blind eye at the end.

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Wasn't the tools thing about stopping folk taking in offensive weapons, rather than protecting against theft?

Yes. The stewards were saying people could take what they wanted but tools weren't allowed for safety reasons.

magpie1892
27-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I was in the West today (working) but wouldn't mind a seat. Will the club be extending the deadline for purchase of one of the many remaining?

(or, will someone sell me one...)

An Leargaidh
27-02-2010, 11:01 PM
None of those better be ma seat :grr: paid £10 for it so I better get it :dizzy:

HFC_NYC
27-02-2010, 11:06 PM
I have to say that I find it to be in bad taste that many of the seats were "stolen" given the fact that for a mere tenner, you could have bought one whuch would have been professionally removed (and not cracked or damaged) and the proceeds then sent to charity.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:41 PM
the fact that one guy was trying to knick the street sign did raise a smile :wink:

proud_and_green
28-02-2010, 12:37 AM
None of those better be ma seat :grr: paid £10 for it so I better get it :dizzy:

exactly my thought. I have to say, i saw a guy walking along london road today with a seat in his hand, well i say a seat,it was broken in two.Wonder where that'll end up. Just another piece of junk in the attic. For a tenner he could have got one in good shape! I also thought it was more than a bit unseemly.

Carheenlea
28-02-2010, 01:46 AM
exactly my thought. I have to say, i saw a guy walking along london road today with a seat in his hand, well i say a seat,it was broken in two.Wonder where that'll end up. Just another piece of junk in the attic. For a tenner he could have got one in good shape! I also thought it was more than a bit unseemly.

Lets be honest, where are the pristine offerings of the East stand seats purchased for a tenner from the club going to end up? Yes, in the attic... Not exactly the kind of thing that will be adorned over folks fireplaces.

We are not talking about salvaging mementos from the Berlin Wall, we are talking about a decrepit poorly covered enclosure that was cheaply erected 20 years ago or so, and the "memorabilia" that people helped themselves to is only desirable to the people who felt the need to help themselves to it. And let`s face it, if someone is crazy enough to buy a ladies toilet sign or pie stand hoarding on EBay....

Let`s worry about securing 3rd place ..

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Some great pictures..
I'm in about 10 of them ya beauty.:thumbsup:

Steve-O
28-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Jesus, I can't believe some people are talking about 'theft' and such pish. What could be considered theft is Hibs charging a tenner for a piece of plastic that is basically a piece of junk.

Put money back into the club? Pretty sure most people do enough of that as it is!

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Jesus, I can't believe some people are talking about 'theft' and such pish. What could be considered theft is Hibs charging a tenner for a piece of plastic that is basically a piece of junk.

Put money back into the club? Pretty sure most people do enough of that as it is!

£5 of each tenner paid goes to charity.:agree:

Steve-O
28-02-2010, 03:16 AM
£5 of each tenner paid goes to charity.:agree:

Fair enough.

They are still charging a tenner though :greengrin

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Fair enough.

They are still charging a tenner though :greengrin

True. i think it should just all go to charity.
Roughly 500 people bought seats, so we'll make £2500, that's not going to do an awful lot for the club, their would've been no harm in just putting it all towards charity IMO.

Sean1875
28-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Yass - I'm in at least 3 of those photos!
were you wearing a yellow hibs top with The Todd on the back?

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 01:46 PM
True. i think it should just all go to charity.
Roughly 500 people bought seats, so we'll make £2500, that's not going to do an awful lot for the club, their would've been no harm in just putting it all towards charity IMO.

Cue a 3 pager on what charity :greengrin

IIRC, half of the money is going to Youth development. £2,500 would be very helpful there....

signing on fees for 14 year olds? :devil:

GTMRossaK3
28-02-2010, 02:57 PM

Is it still possible to buy a seat and if so who is the contact?

Help appreciated.

Barney McGrew
28-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Help appreciated.

Friday 5pm was the deadline, but if you contact the Ticket Office tomorrow you might get lucky.

GTMRossaK3
28-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Friday 5pm was the deadline, but if you contact the Ticket Office tomorrow you might get lucky.

Thanks Barney!

Will give them a call.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Help appreciated.

Try ebay, you could get a bargain.:wink:

StevieC
28-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Try ebay, you could get a bargain.:wink:

Or you could get a seat that was ripped out yesterday and guaranteed to be split and broken.

:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Brilliant photo of the guy with the stolen "No Smoking" sign! WTF is he going to do with that when he gets home?!

HibeesLA
28-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Brilliant photo of the guy with the stolen "No Smoking" sign! WTF is he going to do with that when he gets home?!

Maybe he just needs that extra push to quit?

There was a guy walking along Albion Road with the sign from the Ladies Bathroom. Looked really embarrassing watching everyone stamping all over the seats trying to find one that would break.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe he just needs that extra push to quit?

There was a guy walking along Albion Road with the sign from the Ladies Bathroom. Looked really embarrassing watching everyone stamping all over the seats trying to find one that would break.

There's another cracker in there - the guy trying to steal the "Hawkhill Avenue" street sign! Are they knocking the street down as well?

James70
28-02-2010, 07:17 PM
More photos from yesterday!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ospreywatcher/sets/72157623397796807/

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2010, 07:36 PM

I got another one yest afternoon mate(bought). You should be fine still to get one tomor.

Btw :top marksfor the photos!! Brillaint mate! Although im not in any :boo hoo:Ill give u 9.5 out of 10 infact

Carheenlea
28-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Some very good ones there, but what I want to know is, how did you manage to get some from within the East and some from an elevated berth in the West.??!!

Plus, where was that one taken of the queues outside the East pre-match? Good picture :agree:

Disc O'Dave
28-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Cracking shots, as per usual Supermac. Your Hibernain FC group should be a lot busier after this week.....:thumbsup:

I put my link on the other "photos and videos" thread....it was a tough call on which one to use!

James70
28-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Some very good ones there, but what I want to know is, how did you manage to get some from within the East and some from an elevated berth in the West.??!!

Plus, where was that one taken of the queues outside the East pre-match? Good picture :agree:

My season ticket is for the West Stand but after the match finished I managed to get into the East for one last time to grab some photos. The shot of the queues to get in was taken from the stairway to "Behind the Goals"!

Coco Bryce
28-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Some good photos :agree:

The fatty in pics 122 & 124 away with the menu board :faf:

essexhibee
28-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Some of those photos were hilarious, particular like the wee bairn on the shoulders trying to nick a half ripped exit sign. classic. :thumbsup:

Long live the old east stand .

langtounhibby
28-02-2010, 09:22 PM
As a steward, in two of these photo's I must add, we were briefed not to prevent anyone from removing an item, as long as it did not endanger themselves or others...that our interactions were to remain good-natured at all times, as i said 'health and safety' permitting. In relation to 'tool's' being brought into the stadium, this was sensible in my opinion...can you imagine a similar scoreline to the recent McDairmid Park debacle. Well, imagine a claw hammer being hurled onto the park! Incidently, most of my colleagues who chose to work the East Stand are hibby's...I of course have a small momento myself...not a seat though I hasten to add!

:flag:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 09:26 PM
You needed to be a strong boy to rip one those green fkrs out without any tool.

I got mine oot nae bother! Same seat I had for 6-2 ya bass!

hibsdaft
28-02-2010, 10:10 PM
i overheard a copper telling his colleagues that they would only intervene if folk started climbing the roof!!

Ed De Gramo
28-02-2010, 10:22 PM
£10 safe in my pockets :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
01-03-2010, 05:37 AM
I guess if it is classed as stealing L&Bs finest won't have to go far to find evidence:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Or you could get a seat that was ripped out yesterday and guaranteed to be split and broken.

Yip you could be right Stevie, although i would hazard a guess there wont be any seats on ebay, broken or not, and the joke seems to have gone over your head.:wink:

TheMentalHibees
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Aye, I'll no be happy if someone's ripped my seat up. It was goin on awfully close to where I sit, so there's a chance it might have happened. If my seat has been taken, I want my money back from the club.

GTMRossaK3
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=NadeAteMyLunch!;2372402]I got another one yest afternoon mate(bought). You should be fine still to get one tomor.

Update - have just spoken to the Ticket Office and the Club and they are refusing to take any more orders. With this being partly for charity I'm surprised there's not some way to keep it going as long as there is still demand.

Riordans Boots
01-03-2010, 10:51 AM
You might be too late, but give Judith Ireland an email re still purchasing a seat.The forms were to be handed in to the ticket office by 5pm Friday. Worth a try. Good luck.

jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

StevieC
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Yip you could be right Stevie, although i would hazard a guess there wont be any seats on ebay, broken or not, and the joke seems to have gone over your head.:wink:

Nothing gone over my head .. I just didn't think it was that funny to see seats (that may well have been properly paid for by season ticket holders) getting ripped out, only to be binned (or frisbee'd about Leith Walk) later that night after a few more bevies.

Some season ticket holders had to actually stand their ground on their seat till the very end to prevent it getting damaged.

And would it really surprise you if they made their way to ebay?
It wouldn't surprise me.

... and here was me thinking you were the bastion of all things good and proper at football games as well.

:wink:

GTMRossaK3
01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
You might be too late, but give Judith Ireland an email re still purchasing a seat.The forms were to be handed in to the ticket office by 5pm Friday. Worth a try. Good luck.

jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

Cheers RB. I've emailed her just now.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Nothing gone over my head .. I just didn't think it was that funny to see seats (that may well have been properly paid for by season ticket holders) getting ripped out, only to be binned (or frisbee'd about Leith Walk) later that night after a few more bevies.

Some season ticket holders had to actually stand their ground on their seat till the very end to prevent it getting damaged.

And would it really surprise you if they made their way to ebay?
It wouldn't surprise me.

... and here was me thinking you were the bastion of all things good and proper at football games as well.

Thats not me, and never has been.:greengrin I do understand why people would be upset if their seat was nicked on Saturday, but dont think any will end up on ebay, surely there wont be more than a couple of hundred who want one? Personally i cant fail to see the funny side of what happened at the weekend. There are worse thing that happen at football.:wink:

Franck Stanton
01-03-2010, 11:24 AM
If the club were really that bothered about it they would have instructed the stewards/police to make sure no one got away with anything.

As it was the stewards and police just stood back watching and let it happen.
So why did I have to be treated as if I was a Taliban terrorist and be subjected to a body search prior to entering the East. I complained , quite loudly towards the jobsworth numpty who, because he had a wee bit authority was acting like a SS Guard [ Gate 37] if the so-called security and police were not prepaired to take any action what-so-ever after the game? After 51 years as a season ticket holder I think that if I wanted a stupid wee plastic seat [ which I dont] would it really matter to the club if I took it with me?
With all the restrictions in place already re not taking drink/containers/smoking/ etc etc etc [long l o n g list] it is no wonder football crowds are decreasing. To sum up.... not everyone who attends football matches are vandals/hooligans/casuals/criminals so , stop treating EVERYONE as though they are.
Rant over. :grr::grr::grr:

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Does anybody know where I can buy a used No Smoking sign or a bit of plywood painted green?

Keith_M
01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Does anybody know where I can buy a used No Smoking sign or a bit of plywood painted green?

No, but I can sell you a pillar, about 35 feet high, painted green.

Hibs Giant
01-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Jeez. You need a ride.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Jeez. You need a ride.

:faf::faf::faf:

StevieC
01-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Thats not me, and never has been.:greengrin

Sorry, I was mixing you up with the other blackpoolhibs that used to sanction capital punishment for any sort of football related misdemeanour. :wink:

There are worse thing that happen at football.:wink:

Agreed. :agree:

So why did I have to be treated as if I was a Taliban terrorist and be subjected to a body search prior to entering the East.

I think in this case it was prompted by all the talk of spanners prior to the game. All it would have taken is one frustrated hibby lobbing his spanner at a player (and it could have been on either team on Saturday!) and it could have caused untold damage.

To be honest, if the police and stewards hadn't acted on this then they wouldn't have been doing their jobs properly. Once the game was finished and the players were off the park then it was no longer an issue and they were happy to stand back and let the supporters have their few minutes of excitement.