PDA

View Full Version : West stand west stand give us a song..

the happy hibee
27-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Well hers one for yous eaststanders " ITS COMING DOWN ITS COMING DOWN ITS COMING THE EAST STAND COMING DOWN " :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin! From the happy hibee son colin!

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Ohhhhh it's all gone quiet over there...Oh it's all gone quiet over there...oh it's all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there

:greengrin

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Well hers one for yous eaststanders " ITS COMING DOWN ITS COMING DOWN ITS COMING THE EAST STAND COMING DOWN " :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin! From the happy hibee son colin!
YOU hearts Batsard!!:wink::notworthy::greengrin:greengrin

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 05:47 PM
just joking

the happy hibee
27-02-2010, 05:49 PM
just joking
:thumbsup: just a wee bit of banter mate after that terrible performance the day!:notworthy:

HIBERNIAN 1875
27-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Why wasnt this sung at the game then? :confused:

the happy hibee
27-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Because no one joined in with me :grr:! :greengrin

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 05:51 PM
:thumbsup: just a wee bit of banter mate after that terrible performance the day!:notworthy:
I wasny joking i just did not want you to get all heartfelt and annoyed, i personnaly was not too interested in the game just the result and was only looking to have a great time in the east..... which i did

HIBERNIAN 1875
27-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Because no one joined in with me :grr:! :greengrin
Surprise Surprise :greengrin

SRHibs
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I wasny joking i just did not want you to get all heartfelt and annoyed, i personnaly was not too interested in the game just the result and was only looking to have a great time in the east..... which i did

You call someone a Hearts ******* and then proceed to tell us how you weren't interested in the game.
Good logic.:aok:

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 05:55 PM

They were all too busy tucking into their prawn sandwiches :agree:

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 05:56 PM
You call someone a Hearts ******* and then proceed to tell us how you weren't interested in the game.
Good logic.:aok:
before this gets mega blown out of proportion, read the point i made.... too interested in the game ...just the result

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 05:56 PM
They were all too busy tucking into their prawn sandwiches :agree:

Probably too busy leaving early too:agree::greengrin

SRHibs
27-02-2010, 05:59 PM
before this gets mega blown out of proportion, read the point i made.... too interested in the game ...just the result

Whatever you say.
Either way, no need to be calling anyone on the board a "Yam *******"(unless they are of course a Yam:wink:)...

the happy hibee
27-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Well thats were you and me differ i was more intrested in the game and how bad we played which i thought all hibs fans would be instead of having a good time singing and dancing in a stand which was so far overrated its unbelieveable! as long as you had a good time tho thats fine everybody different i just go back to worrying about this slump we r in and how our season is falling apart at the seems!

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Whatever you say.
Either way, no need to be calling anyone on the board a "Yam *******"(unless they are of course a Yam:wink:)...
Its more of a personal joke with me and my pal ,whenever something happens anti hibs or indeed anti us we just go you hearts ...... like the song

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Well thats were you and me differ i was more intrested in the game and how bad we played which i thought all hibs fans would be instead of having a good time singing and dancing in a stand which was so far overrated its unbelieveable! as long as you had a good time tho thats fine everybody different i just go back to worrying about this slump we r in and how our season is falling apart at the seems!
it normally is but it was great today.
This was the only week i dont care for the result so much

the happy hibee
27-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Whatever you say.
I am no yam mate just a hibs fan who is more worried about the slump our team is in considering we have only taken 2 points out of the last 15 that were on offer to us! who cares about a crappy wee stand having its last game!

ArabHibee
27-02-2010, 06:09 PM
TBH, I thought that the singing from the East was piss poor today. Yes, there was a bit more singing than normal, but not much. I had fully expected a good sing song for the majority of the match, but it was not to be.

Poor show after all the bleating on here about how great it was gonna be.

col02
27-02-2010, 06:12 PM
TBH, I thought that the singing from the East was piss poor today. Yes, there was a bit more singing than normal, but not much. I had fully expected a good sing song for the majority of the match, but it was not to be.

Inclined to agree. Thought that there would be a wall of noise all match instead it was very muted and fractured.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Inclined to agree. Thought that there would be a wall of noise all match instead it was very muted and fractured.

What was there to sing about???????? Started off with a party atmosphere, songs about Mickey Weir, Jimmy Boco, Sauzee etc etc. The stands reflect whats goin on on the pitch(apart from maybe the west which reflects the cemetry behind the famous 5). Seriously, u could drop a bomb in the West and the majority would remain seated. Today was, imo, our worst performance at home all season. I personally was far too stressed, knowing what was coming, to worry about singing in the second half.

ArabHibee
27-02-2010, 07:25 PM
What was there to sing about???????? Started off with a party atmosphere, songs about Mickey Weir, Jimmy Boco, Sauzee etc etc. The stands reflect whats goin on on the pitch(apart from maybe the west which reflects the cemetry behind the famous 5). Seriously, u could drop a bomb in the West and the majority would remain seated. Today was, imo, our worst performance at home all season. I personally was far too stressed, knowing what was coming, to worry about singing in the second half.

The end of an era, saying goodbye to the 'good old' stand :blah::blah::blah:

Plenty on here giving big licks over the last few days as to how it was gonna be a total blast and loads of hibby bounces etc. Turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 07:30 PM

To be fair, it started well. The icing on the cake was the "Super Tortolano" chant, but as the match went on and Hibs showed how much they couldn't be bothered on the pitch it kinda wore off on the fans.

It works both ways: we make an atmosphere for the players to feed off, but eventually a p*** poor performance over most of the 90 minutes is going to kill off the atmosphere.

Watching your team struggle to string two passes together against St Johnstone isn't going to get anyone bouncing.

madabouthibs
27-02-2010, 08:05 PM
This is great, I thought we all "sung" from the same hymn sheet, supported the same team? :rolleyes:
I'm no "uber-fan" but I sat in the west today, and (god forbid) I stood up when the East were singing "Stand up if you hate jam tarts" and I felt like a bloody leper!
I would've be in the East if my son could see what was going on, but I'll be sitting in the new east from next season. I won't be singing and bouncing every game by no means, but at least if I feel a bit excitied and maybe feel like leaving my seat for a split second I won't get prawn pieces thrown at me! :wink: Even the FF is pish, we don't even try to put the opposing keeper off when taking a by-kick.

On a happier note, WELL DONE TO THE 3 OR 4 SECTIONS OF THE EAST that managed to make 95% of the noise today. It was the 1st time I've ever heard a rendition of Turnbull's Tornadoes at a game! And of course HERE, THERE, EVERY ******IN WHERE, MICKEY WEIR...... :faf:

My love to you all,and see you next season. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :top marks

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 09:37 PM
To be fair, it started well. The icing on the cake was the "Super Tortolano" chant, but as the match went on and Hibs showed how much they couldn't be bothered on the pitch it kinda wore off on the fans.

It works both ways: we make an atmosphere for the players to feed off, but eventually a p*** poor performance over most of the 90 minutes is going to kill off the atmosphere.

Watching your team struggle to string two passes together against St Johnstone isn't going to get anyone bouncing.

I agree. Hearing the "Only One Sauzee" chant on the radio raised the hairs on the back of my neck and some great chants coming across, but as the game went on, and the pishness set in on the park, you could tell it was hampering the atmosphere.

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuu LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBBBBBBLE

:greengrin

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I think I'll get the popcorn in for this one...

ronaldo7
27-02-2010, 11:02 PM
South Stand, South Stand give us a song, South Stand......Give us a song:greengrin

mully_bear
27-02-2010, 11:37 PM

aye all very well saying it on a forum.

how about singing it today at the game ?? nah didnt think so

madabouthibs
27-02-2010, 11:37 PM
South stand till I die, South stand till I die.... :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 11:40 PM
FF and West Stand should give it a bit of "I'm Still Standing" by Elton at the next game:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2010, 07:08 AM
FF and West Stand should give it a bit of "I'm Still Standing" by Elton at the next game:greengrin

That would involve singing tho.....more chance of hell freezing over...'Why sing when u can sit in complete and utter silence?!?'

basehibby
28-02-2010, 08:07 AM

Dunno where you were sitting but in the mentalist section where I was sitting (near the away end) there was singing and Hibees-bouncing going on for most of the game - I had a great time and felt the last vestiges of terracing at ER were given the send off it deserved.

Dunno where you and some others get off dishing out pelters - if you think that was a normal atmosphere you must have just walked out of a time warp :bitchy:
Certainly the atmosphere in my section of the East was anything but piss poor - if there was anything to moan about then it was the FACT that large swathes of the ER crowd elsewhere did not join in but just sat on their hands like a bunch of maiden aunts on a day out from the care home (as usual!).

ArabHibee
28-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Dunno where you were sitting but in the mentalist section where I was sitting (near the away end) there was singing and Hibees-bouncing going on for most of the game - I had a great time and felt the last vestiges of terracing at ER were given the send off it deserved.

Dunno where you and some others get off dishing out pelters - if you think that was a normal atmosphere you must have just walked out of a time warp :bitchy:
Certainly the atmosphere in my section of the East was anything but piss poor - if there was anything to moan about then it was the FACT that large swathes of the ER crowd elsewhere did not join in but just sat on their hands like a bunch of maiden aunts on a day out from the care home (as usual!).

Aye, so you're in the middle of it and all you can hear is about 50 people around you singing and jumping about. This does not equate to the whole stand rocking as some people on here had suggested prior to yesterday. But as long as you guys had a good time, that's the main thing.

El Gubbz
28-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Its more of a personal joke with me and my pal ,whenever something happens anti hibs or indeed anti us we just go you hearts ...... like the song

You hearts BASTA*D You hearts BASTA*D:greengrin:devil:

the happy hibee
28-02-2010, 12:18 PM

As i said i did at the game but no one joined in!

down the slope
28-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I have never sung at a game in my life and so what, does it make you a better supporter if you leap about etc ?, er no. I have been there through thick and thin-mostly thin for over forty years so pipe down about the west stand until you can earn the right to voice your opinion about the likes of me.

clerriehibs
28-02-2010, 12:24 PM

oh dear. serious sense of humour failure.