PDA

View Full Version : 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th (or worse!!) - where will we finish?

Alicky Ranks
27-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Someone posted the other week suggesting we might not even finish in the top six. Hopefully that was a bit OTT but at this rate what looked unthinkable just a couple of weeks ago (ie the yams overhauling a 15-point deficit) could happen. That really would be embarrassing.

HIBERNIAN 1875
27-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Sadly i think Dundee Utd will finish above us. :boo hoo:

4th for me.

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 06:52 PM
5th.

Don't see us getting out this slump soon and after the split where will we get the points from?

Mag7
27-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Someone posted the other week suggesting we might not even finish in the top six. Hopefully that was a bit OTT but at this rate what looked unthinkable just a couple of weeks ago (ie the yams overhauling a 15-point deficit) could happen. That really would be embarrassing.

It was me who posted a poll asking if we would definitely make the top 6. I think it got deleted for being overly negative but let's face it, St Johnstone have three games in hand, we're shedding points like confetti and not looking like winning many more games. As you say, I'd hope we have enough points in the bag to be sure of a top six place but after the season we LOOKED like having it's all getting very depressing. As for Hearts finishing above us, jeez, Hughes should resign if he allowed that to happen.

Alicky Ranks
27-02-2010, 07:37 PM
It was me who posted a poll asking if we would definitely make the top 6. I think it got deleted for being overly negative but let's face it, St Johnstone have three games in hand, we're shedding points like confetti and not looking like winning many more games. As you say, I'd hope we have enough points in the bag to be sure of a top six place but after the season we LOOKED like having it's all getting very depressing. As for Hearts finishing above us, jeez, Hughes should resign if he allowed that to happen.

A tad harsh perhaps, but it would sure be a major gloating point for the yams.

col02
27-02-2010, 07:40 PM
If Hibs win next week then worst I can see us finishing is fourth. If we lose though and Hearts win away to United I could see us finishing sixth as Motherwell too have a bit form going now. St Johnstone will not make the top six even with their games in hand least not at the expense of Hibs.

Mikey
27-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Looks like the panic button's taking a hammering again.

Lofarl
27-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Jeez we are now 1 point behind Utd. You'd think it was the last game of the season the way outlook is here.

12 games left and 36 points left to play for. Every team has a bad run in the season.

Mag7
27-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Jeez we are now 1 point behind Utd. You'd think it was the last game of the season the way outlook is here.

12 games left and 36 points left to play for. Every team has a bad run in the season.

Come on, we can't keep trotting out the old 'we're still in a good position' mantra. Until this week it was 'we're still third and still in the cup', this week it's 'we're only one point behind United'. If we continue to drop points the way we're doing in a couple of weeks it'll be 'at least we're still ahead of Hearts'.

36 points to play for? Face facts, we've taken two points from the last five games. If we keep that up over the next 12 games we'll get four, maybe five points. Yes, you're right, everyone has bad runs but this one is shaping up to be as depressing as anything Hibs have thrown at us down the years. Folk on here reckon too many of us are too negative about Hibs. Well, you learn from experience and for far too long now this club has continued to toy with the fans' hopes and expectations only to let them down. And no, I don't regard three League Cups in nearly 50 years as a decent return on what I've put in to supporting Hibs.

The Voice Of Reason
27-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Sadly i think Dundee Utd will finish above us. :boo hoo:

4th for me.

Christ, I would take 4th right now ! :agree:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 10:03 PM
3rd or 4th is what I expect from this season. Anything less than that would be a major disappointment when you consider the position we were in just a few weeks ago.

Keith_M
27-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we'll scrape sufficient points to finish above Hearts but I can't see enough in either the players or the tactical know how of the manager to get back on track and we'll lose out on a european place.

The experienced management at Motherwell will see them past this current Hibs team.

:boo hoo:

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Looks like the panic button's taking a hammering again.

:thumbsup:

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:47 PM
in fact can we get a panic button smiley??? would come in really useful for a lot of these posts! :wink:

Saorsa
27-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Looks like the panic button's taking a hammering again.Aye nae need tae panic, just a blip that disnae look like improving fae a blip.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-02-2010, 12:10 AM
If Mr Hughes persists with the likes of Nish and Stevenson, I see us sixth and horsed by Ross County. If he comes to his senses and puts the best formation on the park, third place and hampden is still on. Unfortuantely the momentum is with our rivals and said Mr Hughes is becoming semi detatched from the plot. Today was unacceptable IMO.

Saorsa
28-02-2010, 12:11 AM
If Mr Hughes persists with the likes of Nish and Stevenson, I see us sixth and horsed by Ross County. If he comes to his senses and puts the best formation on the park, third place and hampden is still on. Unfortuantely the momentum is with our rivals and said Mr Hughes is becoming semi detatched from the plot. Today was unacceptable IMO.again

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Aye nae need tae panic, just a blip that disnae look like improving fae a blip.

Don't forget the super amazing start to the season, doesn't matter if it all goes tits up and we end up finishing 6th again, you're not allowed to complain or criticise because we were 3rd in February and that's such a success, even though it counts for **** all come the end of the season:agree:

Liberal Hibby
28-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Where's the relegation option? If we only take two points between now and the end of the season we could just get relegated. If we fail to beat anyone in the league for the rest of the season we're unlikely to have another derby either - Hearts will be in the top six and we won't. Surely it's time to bring back Mixu - he knew how to get into the top six, stop slumps and make progress against our bogey teams...

NOLA
28-02-2010, 12:21 AM
4th place gets Europa league does it not?

Hainan Hibs
28-02-2010, 12:22 AM
4th place gets Europa league does it not?

Aye, but at an earlier round.

NOLA
28-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Where's the relegation option? If we only take two points between now and the end of the season we could just get relegated. If we fail to beat anyone in the league for the rest of the season we're unlikely to have another derby either - Hearts will be in the top six and we won't. Surely it's time to bring back Mixu - he knew how to get into the top six, stop slumps and make progress against our bogey teams...

:bye:

Liberal Hibby
28-02-2010, 12:24 AM
:bye:

Irony lost on you isn't it?

Billy McKirdy
28-02-2010, 12:24 AM
FFS people, get a grip!!! we have failed to beat St Johnstone & already the doom mongers have us struggling to make the top 6....get a ****ing grip FFS. we are 1 point behind the arabs with a superior goal difference whats the panic with a dozen games to go????????????. Keep the faith come on!!! alright we've been **** lateley BUT we're still in the mix....you dig??? I have every faith that Yogi will turn our season around...do you lot??

Crab apple
28-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Hearts won't finish above us. They remain s...e. We are in a real battle now with United and we badly need a win to steady the ship and restore some confidence. A new pitch would help too. And some competent referees as well.

Richard Scott
28-02-2010, 01:56 AM
we're on a rank-rotten run at the moment, but we have the players at our disposal to get back to how we were a few months ago. I can still see us fighting for third place. Surely we all knew the bubble would burst at some point.

seanraff07
28-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I think we'll finish 4th, we need to find our form soon though or we'll find ourselfs chasing Motherwell soon.

IWasThere2016
28-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Bottom 6 aint gonna happen.

Sixth - is a remote chance

It'll be 4th or 5th - I've gons for the latter based on our current 'form' .. There's no signs of any corners being turned IMHO, and want be until we get Derek in front of the goals, Hanlon in at CH, Sol in CM and a 4-4-2 with pass and move football to boot.

For me Yogi doesn't seem to see the blatant need for 4-4-2 or know what his best team is. And then there's the subs ...

hibiedude
28-02-2010, 09:09 AM

The 36 points that are on offer, how many do you think we will win on present form.

Sorry to say but untied will soon put space between them and us for 3rd spot

offshorehibby
28-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I've gone for 3rd. We've got Killie next week at home hopefully that will get us back to winning ways and steady the ship.

Steve20
28-02-2010, 09:45 AM
5th or 6th. Dundee Utd are defo going to finish above us. I would assume Hearts will catch us too. I think Motherwell will hit a rough patch, so might finish ahead of them.

Keith_M
20-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Would anybody like to re-assess their original vote?

I still think 5th, but I'm beginning to get worried even about that.

:bitchy:

down-the-slope
20-03-2010, 06:54 PM
in fact can we get a panic button smiley??? would come in really useful for a lot of these posts! :wink:

:agree: Don't panic Capt Mannering :faf:

PS..4th

Ther will be some great games to come - esp. after split when it will get tasty.

Untd game now on 31st is another big one after RC game

Keith_M
20-03-2010, 06:58 PM
:agree: Don't panic Capt Mannering :faf:

PS..4th

Ther will be some great games to come - esp. after split when it will get tasty.

Untd game now on 31st is another big one after RC game

I admire your positivity but can't see how Hibs can overtake Motherwell or Dundee United. Both of those, despite their limitations, are teams, something Hibs don't seem to be at the moment.

ronaldo7
20-03-2010, 07:04 PM

You guys have got to be a double act:rolleyes:

Everytime we have a bad result your on here like a rash. Never see/hear from you when we've done well.

What's the score guys... not today's thanks:dummytit:

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Two or three games you can put down to bad breaks. This run is turning into a Duff Jimmyesque implosion. Something is far wrong, and we might be about to go into free fall.

I think we'll manage to avoid the drop, but I just can't see how he can change things round. Our best hope is that people write us off, cos as it stands the whole league knows how to beat us. :boo hoo:

murray26
20-03-2010, 08:35 PM
My big worry is Hearts catching us now, we are in free fall, no point denying it, but i'm going to be optimistic and say we'll hang on to 5th, if Hearts do catch us Yogi has to look at himself and ask himself if this job is to big for him.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2010, 08:36 PM
My big worry is Hearts catching us now, we are in free fall, no point denying it, but i'm going to be optimistic and say we'll hang on to 5th, if Hearts do catch us Yogi has to look at himself and ask himself if this job is to big for him.

I think there will be a few people willing to help him do that. I feel for the guy, he must know what it is like to be a real manager now.

iwasthere1972
20-03-2010, 10:05 PM

4th but still hoping for 3rd.

We need to take care of Ross County and kick on from there.

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I can't see how we can finish out of the top six - only St Johnstone can prevent us getting there and even then we need three points to guarantee a top six finish from four games - and two might be arithmetically enough depending on goal difference.

St Johnstone pre split games are v Hamilton, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Rangers. I can't see them getting more than 10 points from those fixtures and could easily drop points to any of them.

Hearts play Rangers, St Mirren and Killie before the split so are unlikely to get more than six points (and given their record against St Mirren probably four). We play Falkirk, Hamilton, Utd and Celtic and even with our current gash form should pick up two points minimum.

Finishing sixth would be some achievement under these circumstances.:wink:

MussyHibby
20-03-2010, 11:59 PM
3rd.

Most will be forgotten on Tuesday when we beat RC. :agree:

But currently, we're still pants! :agree:

Diclonius
21-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Voted 6th at the beginning of the season, voted 6th halfway through the season and still voting 6th now.

We're Hibs.