PDA

View Full Version : St. Johnstone=Bogie team

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 04:52 PM
They are definately our bogie team like ICT a couple of seasons ago :grr:

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 05:08 PM
We have too many bogie teams this season. Rangers, Hearts, Dundee Utd, St. Johnstone...

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2010, 05:29 PM
No bogie, just got us worked out as has the rest of the league no,except St.J can play a bit of fitba aswell.

CalgaryHibs
01-03-2010, 11:35 AM
They are definately our bogie team like ICT a couple of seasons ago :grr:

Before that it was Killie for the longest time.:grr:

Bad Martini
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
IIRC Dufermline haunted us tae, particularly when Crawford and Brewster first arrived on the scene :grr:

Mag7
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Not really any such thing as a bogey team. It's usually just down to Hibs not having the backbone for a battle.

We beat ICT at home plenty of times so the problem was simply down to Hibs not having the right mentality for the trip north. They couldn't be arsed with it in other words.

With St Johnstone, they have us sussed. It's up to Hibs to work out how to play them. At present McInnes is proving a better tactician than Yogi in this fixture.

The only team who I would concede were once a bogey team were Hearts in the 80s/early 90s. That unbeaten derby run they had went on long enough for it to become a mental thing with Hibs, who were often the better team in the games.

Overall though it's wrong to ever regard teams like ICT, Killie, Dunfermline, St Johnstone as bogey teams. Hibs SHOULD beat teams like this more often than not but they're not under the same pressure as the likes of Rangers and Celtic to do so. If we lose to them the fans get hacked off but tend to regard such results as 'typical Hibs'. That sort of mentality transmits to the players who also see a shrug of the shoulders as sufficient. A winning menality has for far too long been a problem with Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
No bogie, just got us worked out as has the rest of the league no,except St.J can play a bit of fitba aswell.

Not really any such thing as a bogey team. It's usually just down to Hibs not having the backbone for a battle.

We beat ICT at home plenty of times so the problem was simply down to Hibs not having the right mentality for the trip north. They couldn't be arsed with it in other words.

With St Johnstone, they have us sussed. It's up to Hibs to work out how to play them. At present McInnes is proving a better tactician than Yogi in this fixture.

The only team who I would concede were once a bogey team were Hearts in the 80s/early 90s. That unbeaten derby run they had went on long enough for it to become a mental thing with Hibs, who were often the better team in the games.

Overall though it's wrong to ever regard teams like ICT, Killie, Dunfermline, St Johnstone as bogey teams. Hibs SHOULD beat teams like this more often than not but they're not under the same pressure as the likes of Rangers and Celtic to do so. If we lose to them the fans get hacked off but tend to regard such results as 'typical Hibs'. That sort of mentality transmits to the players who also see a shrug of the shoulders as sufficient. A winning menality has for far too long been a problem with Hibs.

I agree with the above. I think it's disrespectful to call them a bogey team. They have outmatched us in all the games and deserve the points and the cup tie.

I also thought that their players had confidence on Saturday, whilst ours were hiding.