PDA

View Full Version : The East Standers won't leave!

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I live right by ER and there's folk still inside the East refusing to leave. I just heard an announcement "This is a safety message come down now before you are injured" :devil::faf:

Hamish
27-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Its not Hughes and Rice up there is it?

Coco Bryce
27-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Is it in a prison riot style :thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I wish I could see in. Noone's on the roof...yet :greengrin

hibee
27-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I wish I could see in. Noone's on the roof...yet :greengrin

Probably trying to jump off after watching that display today

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 04:25 PM
We left eventually :greengrin

Some of the seats also left :greengrin

hibsbollah
27-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I didnt realise today was the last game in the old terrace, and missed the game today:boo hoo:...whats the arrangement for the next home game? do east standers go to the south stand?

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I didnt realise today was the last game in the old terrace, and missed the game today:boo hoo:...whats the arrangement for the next home game? do east standers go to the south stand?

:agree: or west if you phone up and request.

The_Todd
27-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I stayed for 10 minutes soaking up the atmosphere for that one last time, it was mental. Catering menus weren't even safe from the volunteer demolition team!

Jamesie
27-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Stayed to "guard" my seat but I reckon a few people who paid for theirs will be disappointed next week.

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Just spoke to my friends who were in the East today. They left with 2 seats :faf: and said there was folk still singing, ripping keepsake menus off walls and any signage was getting grabbed right left and centre :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2010, 04:49 PM
just wish I could have been there today,take a momento or two,as I said before it would have been nice if the club had given more than a weeks notice,ah well never mind.

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Shame it would've been nice for some of the stuff to be auctioned off for Dnipro or something.

GloryGlory
27-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Just spoke to my friends who were in the East today. They left with 2 seats :faf: and said there was folk still singing, ripping keepsake menus off walls and any signage was getting grabbed right left and centre :thumbsup:

Rod is on the phone to the contractors as I write, negotiating the demolition cost down! :wink: :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Stayed to "guard" my seat but I reckon a few people who paid for theirs will be disappointed next week.

Me too had to stand on mine and fend people off. Was out of order because folk have payed for those seats and expect to get them!

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Me too had to stand on mine and fend people off. Was out of order because folk have payed for those seats and expect to get them!

Did they really expect to have some left?

"West Stand gies us a song?" I'm going to start "Oh it's all gone quiet over there" next week :greengrin

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Did they really expect to have some left?

"West Stand gies us a song?" I'm going to start "Oh it's all gone quiet over there" next week :greengrin

LOL go one

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Shame it would've been nice for some of the stuff to be auctioned off for Dnipro or something.

:top marks:top marks:top marksLad. Great idea

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Tbh the club shouldn't have started selling the seats until after today, they must have known that there would be some folk pulling them up after the game today.

The whole thing wasn't very well organised imo, less than a weeks notice that it was the last game, 4 days to organise new seats etc.

When the main stand got knocked down years ago the club had a firework display for it, we get a certificate :rolleyes::greengrin

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Tbh the club shouldn't have started selling the seats until after today, they must have known that there would be some folk pulling them up after the game today.

The whole thing wasn't very well organised imo, less than a weeks notice that it was the last game, 4 days to organise new seats etc.

When the main stand got knocked down years ago the club had a firework display for it, we get a certificate :rolleyes::greengrin

Ha maybe if they havent been stolen aswell lol

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Ripping up seats is pretty trampy tbh..

Plenty folk had made the effort to fill a form in and go down and pay for a seat and maybe a certain numbered seat in particular..

A few folk will now be dissappointed..

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Roughly how many were taken?

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 05:04 PM

I payed for my East seat yesterday but never thought to ask for a receipt :grr:

HBG, did you manage to take home a keepsake ??

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I payed for my East seat yesterday but never thought to ask for a receipt :grr:

HBG, did you manage to take home a keepsake ??

No, I wasn't really that bothered about taking anything

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 05:07 PM

A few hundred i reckon were taken or broken up or completely knackered in the removal process

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 05:08 PM
My old man secured me "B14" seat.

If anyone's taken that, they'll be picking up their teeth with a broken arm :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 05:09 PM
A few hundred i reckon were taken or broken up or completely knackered in the removal process

Bad patter mate we all had the chance to get one as mentioned here. What was the "get down for your own safety" message about?

Pedantic_Hibee
27-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Bad patter mate we all had the chance to get one as mentioned here. What was the "get down for your own safety" message about?

An ill-timed Fathers for Justice escapade I wager. Jonnyboy and Zlatan went to the game dressed as Superman and a Banana respectively. Allegedly.

NYHibby
27-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Seats 90 through 120 were hit pretty hard. Other areas not so much.

hibee_girl
27-02-2010, 05:11 PM
My old man secured me "B14" seat.

If anyone's taken that, they'll be picking up their teeth with a broken arm :agree:

It should be ok, it was more the middle of the stand that the seats were being pulled up from :agree:

Jamesie
27-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Plenty folk had made the effort to fill a form in and go down and pay for a seat and maybe a certain numbered seat in particular..

There was a horrible little man in the club shop after the game with a seat anda a catering menu. He looked filthy. His knowledge of Hibs was such that he had to ask people in the queue when the East Stand had opened.

Personally, I wouldn't have made myself a tea leaf for the sake of a tenner.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 05:16 PM

although if your seat is, say U75, then its unlikely that all the 75's will be gone so they'll prob never know

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 05:19 PM

I think some kids climbed up on the roof of turnstiles

NYHibby
27-02-2010, 05:19 PM
I live right by ER and there's folk still inside the East refusing to leave. I just heard an announcement "This is a safety message come down now before you are injured" :devil::faf:
Someone may have climbed on the roof. I saw some guys trying as I was leaving.

Nameless
27-02-2010, 05:27 PM

Why:confused:

Jamesie
27-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Mibbe because there was the alternative of buying one for £10, £5 of which would have gone to the Hibernian Community Foundation and £5 to the club?

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 05:32 PM

There was a horrible little man in the club shop after the game with a seat anda a catering menu. He looked filthy. His knowledge of Hibs was such that he had to ask people in the queue when the East Stand had opened.

Personally, I wouldn't have made myself a tea leaf for the sake of a tenner.

Mibbe because there was the alternative of buying one for £10, £5 of which would have gone to the Hibernian Community Foundation and £5 to the club?

Jamesie has already answered that :agree:

Nameless
27-02-2010, 05:32 PM

So if ripping out the seat was trampy, was paying for it, by defenition, exuberant:hmmm:

Phil MaGlass
27-02-2010, 05:36 PM
You shouldnae be too surprised the seats are being bust up,lads dont get too worked up,it was to be expected.I would have ripped mine out aswell rather than paying for it.Its not pc but bu99er it,you will never forget the day you took yir own seat home with you,adds a bit more history to it than "I paid for it".

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I hung around for 15 mins or so after the game, quite a few seats went but still plenty left. Ive already paid for two(there going into a bench on my balcony) so i didnt attempt to rip any out. There was a larger gentleman a few rows in front of me who was like a human wrecking machine, was jst walking along a row ripping seat after seat out with his hands!! Someone stole HALF a plastic menu from the side of the pie stand! A few boys left with the big square green wooden seat number signs...their partners will be delighted when they appear home with them right enough!

Cocaine&Caviar
27-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I was going home on the 34, about half an hour after the game and 3 teens walking past had themselves a pretty heavy looking block of concrete...

(About 4 foot long).

Ritchie
27-02-2010, 06:00 PM
i paid for my seat but i also ripped up the one next to mine (which didnt belong to a season ticket holder) today incase someone took mine after i left.....

it was carnage, nothing was safe from the looters!! good laugh!!:faf:

Titch
27-02-2010, 06:01 PM

they'll just give them a seat from one of the other rows or stick a number on one of the others

Ritchie
27-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I hung around for 15 mins or so after the game, quite a few seats went but still plenty left. Ive already paid for two(there going into a bench on my balcony) so i didnt attempt to rip any out. There was a larger gentleman a few rows in front of me who was like a human wrecking machine, was jst walking along a row ripping seat after seat out with his hands!! Someone stole HALF a plastic menu from the side of the pie stand! A few boys left with the big square green wooden seat number signs...their partners will be delighted when they appear home with them right enough!

that was brilliant!:faf:

Ryan91
27-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I smashed a seat, attempted to break some ground rules sign off the wall and managed to tear up a seat, which has a huge crack in it. All in all a good haul, oh and i've got a seat set for me, anybody taken S46 i'll no be happy.

NYHibby
27-02-2010, 06:06 PM
One of the guys with the green signs became a kind of celebrity. People were stopping to have their picture taken with him.

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I smashed a seat, attempted to break some ground rules sign off the wall and managed to tear up a seat, which has a huge crack in it. All in all a good haul, oh and i've got a seat set for me, anybody taken S46 i'll no be happy.

So you broke a seat, tried to break a sign and ripped up another seat with a big crack down it? Some haul eh?

HIBERNIAN 1875
27-02-2010, 06:11 PM
So you broke 2 seats which could have been purchased by someone else, but still say you'll not be happy if someone has taken yours?, slight contradiction there I think...

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 06:21 PM

So - you have a seat that you 'smashed' and it's now fair to say ... you have your seat .. which is now broken :agree:

And I will call the TO on Monday and ask for seat S46 :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:21 PM
i paid for my seat but i also ripped up the one next to mine (which didnt belong to a season ticket holder) today incase someone took mine after i left.....

Your a tramp..

And so are you..

whiskyhibby
27-02-2010, 06:26 PM
YouTube - Hibernian FC Old East Stand last day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aABAXuxJYko)

Ritchie
27-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Your a tramp..

And so are you..

cheers benton. :bye:

Big Frank
27-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Your a tramp..

And so are you..

:agree::agree:

muz1875
27-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Fend people off :faf:

whiskyhibby
27-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Too late I got it!!!

Kidding :wink:

brownkg
27-02-2010, 07:13 PM

wow double standards abound on this thread!
Thanks for saving the charity some headaches trying to work out what to do with the money!

zlatan
27-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I've got one of the male toilets sitting in my back garden, was a bitch to get on the bus.

Bad Martini
27-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I stood on mine til the last...it went, naewhere.

Vintage.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Shirley someone will...

Newhaven
28-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Well done to the guys who got the signs and doors down - great history and one to tell the kids about :top marks

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2010, 07:28 AM
The next time you see TV newsreel footage of looting and civil disorder from some 3rd world country you so called "souvenir hunters" will know what you looked like.
No class.

Barney McGrew
28-02-2010, 07:40 AM
The next time you see TV newsreel footage of looting and civil disorder from some 3rd world country you so called "souvenir hunters" will know what you looked like.
No class.

Aye, imagine taking things home as momentos that were going to be scrapped anyway :rolleyes:

Newhaven
28-02-2010, 07:52 AM
No class.

Ha ha. What a trumpet..

Steve-O
28-02-2010, 07:58 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DiZVSLjMG-g/RjzwSBKzVDI/AAAAAAAADgg/wpYYyZWggac/s400/looting.jpg

sunshine1875
28-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Did anyone see Nade at the end? He broke into the pie stand on final whistle, was eating up anything he could find and was singing "I shall not be moved". I believe he is still there now and it will take more that a forklift to get him out.

Sudds_1
28-02-2010, 09:54 AM

I never got one :boo hoo: never even got a firework last time.......:boo hoo:

wallpaperman
28-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm finding it hard to believe what I'm reading here. Despite being the last game that the seats will be used, for Hibs fans to rip out seats that may have been sold to benefit the club and foundation is shameful. In fact, it's irrelevant that they may have been sold, it's wrong full stop.

I always thought out fans were a class above others, and most are, but it shows that we are not immune from having some low grade supporters. :grr:

givescotlandfreedom
28-02-2010, 09:56 AM

I never got one either :boo hoo: I do remember it saying "Goodbye" in some sort of fireworks though. Does anyone have pics?

hibee_girl
28-02-2010, 09:57 AM

To be fair we haven't actually got our certificates yet :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Ha ha. What a trumpet..

If you want to see a trumpet look at Carheenleas photo of the jakey with the broken catering sign, no doubt it will have pride of place in his living room.

madgoalie87
28-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm finding it hard to believe what I'm reading here. Despite being the last game that the seats will be used, for Hibs fans to rip out seats that may have been sold to benefit the club and foundation is shameful. In fact, it's irrelevant that they may have been sold, it's wrong full stop.

I always thought out fans were a class above others, and most are, but it shows that we are not immune from having some low grade supporters. :grr:

Ah get off your high horse man

wallpaperman
28-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Ah get off your high horse man

Would you agree that if it was the other lot across the city we'd be calling them a bunch of tramps and thieves? As it's our boys, it's just a bit of high spirits? :dunno:

Be nice if all these young (and not so young) rascals dropped some crisp tenners off at the club shop during the week (£20 for the pie stall sign :rolleyes: )

Pedantic_Hibee
28-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Would you agree that if it was the other lot across the city we'd be calling them a bunch of tramps and thieves? As it's our boys, it's just a bit of high spirits? :dunno:

Be nice if all these young (and not so young) rascals dropped some crisp tenners off at the club shop during the week (£20 for the pie stall sign :rolleyes: )

Sniff sniff.

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 10:27 AM

So....

We get to the Cup Final. You book your ticket on line. You go down to collect it, to find that some Hibs fans have broken into the ticket office overnight, and taken some tickets. Hibs tell you that you won't get your ticket, because "it was carnage, nothing was safe from the looters!! good laugh!!"

Good laugh, eh no?

wallpaperman
28-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Sniff sniff.

No hankie needed here Pedantic. It makes little difference to me other than the club and foundation getting a bit less cash maybe. My main concern is the perception that this gives others of our club if this get's into the press as these things tend to do.

Jamie
28-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I never got one either :boo hoo: I do remember it saying "Goodbye" in some sort of fireworks though. Does anyone have pics?

like this you mean ?

Riordans Boots
28-02-2010, 10:43 AM
No hankie needed here Pedantic. It makes little difference to me other than the club and foundation getting a bit less cash maybe. My main concern is the perception that this gives others of our club if this get's into the press as these things tend to do.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Aidan-Smith-Gone-but-not.6111002.jp

Cocaine&Caviar
28-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Did we really expect to sell all the seats from the stand though, however many there are? Surely the ones that are ruined will just save time putting them in a skip? Obviously people wanted their own seat, but even that wasnt guarenteed by the club.

Hibby D
28-02-2010, 10:59 AM

I don't think that's why he's sniffing :wink:

I really am in two minds about all this - if the club hadn't pre-sold the seats I could almost laugh at some of the lengths people went to in order to get a free souvenir, (I own up I laughed at many of the photos) BUT the club did sell seats to many people and now fans who paid money in good faith won't get their own seat as a result, and that sucks for them.

givescotlandfreedom
28-02-2010, 11:10 AM
like this you mean ?

Exactly cheers :thumbsup:

Ritchie
28-02-2010, 11:49 AM
So....

We get to the Cup Final. You book your ticket on line. You go down to collect it, to find that some Hibs fans have broken into the ticket office overnight, and taken some tickets. Hibs tell you that you won't get your ticket, because "it was carnage, nothing was safe from the looters!! good laugh!!"

Good laugh, eh no?

:faf:

worst comparison ever!

CropleyWasGod
28-02-2010, 11:51 AM
:faf:

worst comparison ever!

Reckon?

Taking something that has probably already been bought by someone else?

Ritchie
28-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Reckon?

the way things were going when i left my seat wont be there for me to collect, i was just making sure i got a seat.

when they call me to collect my seat (if its still there) and there is shortage then i will give my seat up to someone who never got one.

doesnt bother me either way.

wee 162
28-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Reckon?

Probably? Really? 400 have been sold, there are over 3000 seats, and there was maybe a few hundred taken or broken.

Ritchie
28-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Probably? Really? 400 have been sold, there are over 3000 seats, and there was maybe a few hundred taken or broken.

they dont want to know that though cause it means they will have nothing to moan about or feel high and mighty about! :rolleyes: