PDA

View Full Version : Referee

Craig_in_Prague
27-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Would have been injustice to St J if they lost today, BUT, Referee........you wear wearing Red, but you'd be as well haven a Blue top on, you trumpet.

How bad are we becoming though............. a Side that were 3rd, late stages in the season..........christ we should be showing more than this..... can see us finishing 5th or 6th now.

KerPlunk
27-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Would have been injustice to St J if they lost today, BUT, Referee........you wear wearing Red, but you'd be as well haven a Blue top on, you trumpet.

How bad are we becoming though............. a Side that were 3rd, late stages in the season..........christ we should be showing more than this..... can see us finishing 5th or 6th now.

Getting a wee bit worried about Yogi's tactical nous - could he be the 21stC. version of Lex Miller ?

:rolleyes: :faf:

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2010, 05:12 PM
The referee was disgraceful. An absolutely abysmal performance from an absolutely shocking referee

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Couldn't give a flying ****** about how bad the ref was...we were worse and have been for weeks.

Cropley10
27-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Couldn't give a flying ****** about how bad the ref was...we were worse and have been for weeks.

We were a complete and utter disgrace today. And that was the worst ref at ER this season.

But the honeymoon is over - we look slow and predictable again

Craig_in_Prague
27-02-2010, 05:31 PM
We were a complete and utter disgrace today. And that was the worst ref at ER this season.

:agree:

Especially Nish and Deek.

For fit 'professionals' they are terribly slow.

danger1875
27-02-2010, 05:33 PM

not sure they all did but sums deek up perfectly

Westie1875
27-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Ref was garbage but so were we, must wins the next 2 games or we can kiss goodbye to 3rd IMO.

goosano
27-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Our penalty was a stick on red card and he bottled it

Hermit Crab
27-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Ref wasnt the best but we were silent night the day!

Gus Fring
27-02-2010, 06:35 PM
It seems to be a consistent stream of p!sh referees, not just for us, but most teams. IMO the referees seem to be more concerned with putting on a performance with their over animated gestures, slowly raising a yellow card as if to say "look at me i'm booking him, watch me book him everybody". And today when he needed to speak to the linesman and he was on the other end of the park, he turns round half way and starts running backwards?

No referee seems content with just rasing the card, writing in the book, and getting on with play. And whats the point in them wearing those bloody earpiece things if they dont talk to each other through them?

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 06:37 PM

Is that what the radio said!?

MussyHibby
27-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Says the radio!

erskine-hibby
27-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Is that what the radio said!?

Says the radio!

I'm sure you are getting at the fact i wasn't there today.
Well, as I said the last couple of weeks (not just today) we have been cr@p, the results have been cr@p and there seems to be little sign of improvement, but if you see it differently then so be it.
I don't always see things through green tinted specs.

jabis
27-02-2010, 08:03 PM

Especially Nish and Deek.

For fit 'professionals' they are terribly slow.

Were you at the game today ?

Hibs Class
27-02-2010, 08:07 PM

I don't see that it would have been an injustice if St J had lost. They relied excessively on Deuchar's illegal approach to the game and ability to con the referee repeatedly. Hibs finishing was woeful, and decision making poor, but what creativity there was came from Hibs. St J didn't deserve anything, and can consider themselves fortunate.

TornadoHibby
27-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Maybe he wasn't but I was and we didn't lose two points because of the ref, although he was shocking and the Saints keeper should have been sent off at the pen for denying a goalscoring opportunity! :agree:

We were shocking today and if that is us "bouncing back" from our bad run of three straight defeats then we have some tough times ahead and we'll be waiting another year for the Holy Grail IMO! :cool2:

woody47
27-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Every b;00dy week:grr:
Same thing - referees in this country are a disgrace. this clown today should have worn a blue top as they St J got away with murder form th e2nd minute when their keeper should have walked to that lanky git of a doctor up front who was allowed to lead with his elbows every time.
It surely must be time for these ass holes in charge to be held to account instead of rewarding their incompetency with jaunts to spain and free p-ups for Scotland games. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

snooky
27-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Thought we were garbage today and didn't deserve to win.
The ref was absolutely abysmal (for both sides). The same goes for the humfybackit, greyheided plonker running the line in front of the west stand. :grr:
Together they spoiled a bad game.

JimBHibees
27-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Our penalty was a stick on red card and he bottled it

Yep stick on red card which we would have won from IMO. 2 weeks on the bounce the ref has contributed hugely with wrong decisions which have directly related to us losing points.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2010, 08:23 PM
The referee was shocking today but Hibs were pretty bad as well. He wasn't to blame for us not picking up three points.

Jonnyboy
27-02-2010, 08:25 PM
We were poor and no mistake but St Johnstone weren't much better IMO. Yes they enjoyed a fair bit of possession but that means nowt as goals win games not possession.

As to the ref, he made a poor game 100 times worse

JimBHibees
27-02-2010, 08:34 PM
The referee was shocking today but Hibs were pretty bad as well. He wasn't to blame for us not picking up three points.

Dont see how you can say that as it would have been completely different if the goalie had received the red he should have got.

shamo9
27-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Earlier in the season we would have taken our glaring chances in the second half - of which there were at least three - and won two or three nil.

We've lost a little edge, a little ruthlessness and now guys like Murray and Riordan are beginning to feel sorry for themselves. We have to take it on the chin and next week keep pressing till we kill them rather than panicking late on.

thebakerboy
27-02-2010, 08:54 PM
What is it about Colin Nish and referees? He got booked for persistant foul play today after I think ref pointed out 4 fouls. I think if you watched the full game again both Duberry and the no 10 (Craig I think) gave away at least as many fouls in the game and there may have been 1 or 2 other players on both sides who also gave away 4 fouls but were not booked.Also Hogg got booked for reacting to foul against him when he was elbowed in face yet again by the good doctor. When have any of us seen Hogg rant and rave at a ref , NEVER , just shows how poor ref was when Hogg gets upset at him.:grr::grr::grr:

HFC 0-7
27-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Earlier in the season we would have taken our glaring chances in the second half - of which there were at least three - and won two or three nil.

We've lost a little edge, a little ruthlessness and now guys like Murray and Riordan are beginning to feel sorry for themselves. We have to take it on the chin and next week keep pressing till we kill them rather than panicking late on.

Totally agree with the finishing part. Hibs were clinical at times early season. One of the biggest problems now is that we are not dictating play, we are not playing the way we want and resort to the way the opposition want us to play, which today, ended in us pumping high long balls forward for stokes against the likes of duberry!

shamo9
27-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Totally agree with the finishing part. Hibs were clinical at times early season. One of the biggest problems now is that we are not dictating play, we are not playing the way we want and resort to the way the opposition want us to play, which today, ended in us pumping high long balls forward for stokes against the likes of duberry!

We weren't really dictating play earlier in the season either, don't you remember all the threads muttering about how lucky we were and how we weren't fulfilling our potential?

I can count on one hand the number of times we've dominated for an extended period this season. The only difference from then is that we're letting in cheap goals and not hitting the net often enough.

Actually I take back what I said earlier. It's the leaking of goals at the moment that's really killing us. How often did we grind out 1-0 and 2-0 victories before? Frequently is the concise answer.

We've never really got over the Rangers game on boxing day other than that brief flurry of 3 wins in a week.

SloopJB
27-02-2010, 10:11 PM

There is merit in your observation, tactfully put by the way.
We should be able to put ourselves into a position where decisions by the officials don't matter, otherwise we'll get more situations like Liam pushing the St J player after a foul. get on with the game.

St Johnstone could have had a penalty for a push in the first half so he did us a favour there.

Already posted are examples where our players made mistakes during the game, as did the referee.
I appreciate a ref making a mistake can change the direction of a game but in open & fair play, should we fall behind, the challenge is to get back on even terms and build again.
Having a sense of injustice sometimes makes that task more difficult.

Wasn't a bad game against good opposition on a poor surface.

Roll on the next game.

matty_f
27-02-2010, 10:19 PM
What is it about Colin Nish and referees? He got booked for persistant foul play today after I think ref pointed out 4 fouls. I think if you watched the full game again both Duberry and the no 10 (Craig I think) gave away at least as many fouls in the game and there may have been 1 or 2 other players on both sides who also gave away 4 fouls but were not booked.Also Hogg got booked for reacting to foul against him when he was elbowed in face yet again by the good doctor. When have any of us seen Hogg rant and rave at a ref , NEVER , just shows how poor ref was when Hogg gets upset at him.:grr::grr::grr:

:agree: Nish gets ****** all from refs, it's a joke. His booking was a joke, and 'joke' is about as good a word I can think of to describe the referee's performance today, and the standard of refereeing this season in general.

Hibbie_Cameron
27-02-2010, 10:28 PM
At the game we were speaking about how refs give soft fouls for climbing etc in the centre circle yet dont give penalties if the same things happens in the box.

This happened today, when one of our attackers was being clearly fouled in the box. 20 seconds later Hogg was penalised for the same thing and was cautioned for his protests, no doubt for raising the same point as myself. A foul is a foul regardless, surely?

ronaldo7
27-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Alan Muir has had 16 appointments this season in the Premier League,

11 as a Referee

5 as a 4th Official

He has reffed us twice, both at home. The first game of the season against St Mirren, and today, and has been 4th official against the hun at home.

He's had Killie as ref on 4 occasions, and 1 as 4th official, and St Mirren as ref on 3 occasions and 1 as 4th official.

He's reffed Rangers and Celtic once each at home.

Looks like he had a bad day at the office.

The Hun and the lesser green...can you please check Dougie McDonald's record pre match:rolleyes:

greenlex
27-02-2010, 11:13 PM
At the game we were speaking about how refs give soft fouls for climbing etc in the centre circle yet dont give penalties if the same things happens in the box.

This happened today, when one of our attackers was being clearly fouled in the box. 20 seconds later Hogg was penalised for the same thing and was cautioned for his protests, no doubt for raising the same point as myself. A foul is a foul regardless, surely?

The incident when Hogg was cautioned was a complete joke. The Saints player had led with his elbow. The exact same kind of challenge Nish had been booked for earlier.

monktonharp
27-02-2010, 11:54 PM
today's ref was a total tit. he must have gave the saints 20 free kicks,and a good few of them in good positions:wink: he liked everyone to know he was in charge:fud

ronaldo7
28-02-2010, 12:06 AM
The incident when Hogg was cautioned was a complete joke. The Saints player had led with his elbow. The exact same kind of challenge Nish had been booked for earlier.

Spot on mate:agree:

Maybe Dallas could look at this.......Then again:boo hoo:

Franck is God
28-02-2010, 12:10 AM
I can't agree that St Johnstone deserved much from todays game, they got away with a red card offence in the first minute and fouled their way through the game and the Ref let them do it.

Despite how poorly we played we made a good number of chances and should have won the game.

matty_f
28-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I can't agree that St Johnstone deserved much from todays game, they got away with a red card offence in the first minute and fouled their way through the game and the Ref let them do it.

Despite how poorly we played we made a good number of chances and should have won the game.

Crab apple
28-02-2010, 12:15 AM
One of the worst i have seen this season. The keeper should have walked. Should he not also have booked the Saints scorer for leaving the field of play and celebrating with the farmers in the crowd? Can't stand Liam Craig - he gave us verbals after scoring Saints first at Perth.

Can't decide which was worse - the ref or the pitch.

matty_f
28-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Given it was Nish, I think we should all be grateful that we got the penalty. Had the referee realised it was Nish at the time, I don't doubt that St Johnstone would have been awarded a free kick, with Nish picking up a yellow card for running into the keeper.

I genuinely don't think I've ever seen a player get less from officials than Colin Nish.

gogs_t
28-02-2010, 01:26 AM

Thought this at the time. Hoggy normally gets on with it, so shows how upset he was and he was definitely the victim in that particular encounter with Deuchar.
There were a lot of poor decisions by the ref today, and for both sides.

However, although the ref was shocking today, he was pretty inexperienced, and what bugs me is there seems to be a train of thought (especially with the so called experts in the media) that we miss the quality of refs we had before. Hugh Dallas, Willie Young, I even heard Brian McGinlay mentioned. I'm sorry, but they had shockers as well and I'm not going to get bleary eyed about their performances.
The guy was crap today but so were we :boo hoo:

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2010, 09:35 AM

No, but watched as usual; Why?

You don't agree the Ref was *****?
You don't agree Nish and Deeks are rather slow?
I dont thinik St J deserved nothing from the game. Although we created some good chances to finish the game, we looked nervous throughout the side and somehow we have went from a solid defence to looking dodgy at the back.

Were u at the game?