PDA

View Full Version : Nice Stadium graphic

down-the-slope
27-02-2010, 10:27 AM
The front page of club site now has a nice stadium graphic showing impression of completed stadium

:cool2:

Hibbyradge
27-02-2010, 10:34 AM
http://xs.to/image-4051_4B890074.gif

KWJ
27-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Pitch looks amazing, when will that be done by!

:wink:

Carheenlea
27-02-2010, 10:37 AM
The pitch looks in good shape.

KWJ
27-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Hopefully put an end to the yams poor attempts at calling it our bus shelter too. Nothing like the Gorgie mobs.

Jim44
27-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Pitch looks amazing, when will that be done by!

:wink:

Well, folks here have been going on about turf deliveries to ER for a day or so so there might be a big surprise today. :greengrin

hibeeleicester
27-02-2010, 10:43 AM
New signature :agree:

PaulSmith
27-02-2010, 10:46 AM
"New family home, completed" - Subtle but a great wee dig.

CheesyHibby
27-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Do you not think in the bottome left corner, between east and south, they could put something to close it up a bit? like a sort of telly screen-come-scoreboard. that would be smart.:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Looks like a football stadium, not a poofy pink bus shelter wi an auld tea hut tagged on to it

:greengrin

:jamboak:

An Leargaidh
27-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Do you not think in the bottome left corner, between east and south, they could put something to close it up a bit? like a sort of telly screen-come-scoreboard. that would be smart.:agree:

Have you not heard? A Messiah like statue of RP is being ercted there, with a motorised base to enable the giant sculpture to always face the sun :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
27-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Is it just me, or does the graphic not look like something out of The Simpsons...?

Look forward to the architects drawings as opposed to the one we have which looks like his daughter has been out with the felt pens...

Hakim Sar
27-02-2010, 11:02 AM
concerned at the gaps at the corners!!!

Won't be good for sound retention

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Yes but please, not big screen TV showing the game live!, I cannot abide the EPL where the players constantly look at the screen to see if they are on it, get on with the **** game I say!, we don't want players at ER to turn into another Frank Lampard do we?

:bitchy:

Cocaine&Caviar
27-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Why is there a running track in front of the East? :bitchy:

krobertson12
27-02-2010, 11:07 AM
concerned at the gaps at the corners!!!

Won't be good for sound retention

there has to be sound to retain first :devil:

lyonhibs
27-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes but please, not big screen TV showing the game live!, I cannot abide the EPL where the players constantly look at the screen to see if they are on it, get on with the **** game I say!, we don't want players at ER to turn into another Frank Lampard do we?

:bitchy:

Frankly, if we could transform John Rankin into Frank Lampard by merely adding a big screen that shows the game live, I would absolutely be all for it!!

I know what you mean though :greengrin

HibeesLA
27-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Is it just me, or does the graphic not look like something out of The Simpsons...?

Look forward to the architects drawings as opposed to the one we have which looks like his daughter has been out with the felt pens...

We could spend £1m on architects drawings to please the fans, or we could finally spend the money on getting it built. I'd rather have drawings like we have that represent the stand and give the overall impression of what the stadium will look like, than waste time and money getting something that will essentially be an expensive desktop wallpaper for the next 6 months.

--------
27-02-2010, 11:28 AM
We could spend £1m on architects drawings to please the fans, or we could finally spend the money on getting it built. I'd rather have drawings like we have that represent the stand and give the overall impression of what the stadium will look like, than waste time and money getting something that will essentially be an expensive desktop wallpaper for the next 6 months.

Yup. That's a rough likeness, no more than that.

My impression is that the East will have a deck raked more steeply than the lower decks of the present stands, but not quite as steeply as that of the top decks. That should mean that the new stand will be pretty well over the pitch, and the whole ground will have a much more 'closed-in' feeling to it.

FWIW, I suspect that the wider pitch will mean that there's no wide track in front of the East like in the cartoon drawing.

Speaking personally, I think I'll be well able to live with a stadium like that.

Judas Iscariot
27-02-2010, 11:38 AM

No get yer nat king last night naw :rolleyes:

I will miss the old East very much but when you see images like that you know it makes sense to build it :thumbsup:

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Viewing it on my phone so not a huge pic but looks like it has been done on illustrator which tends to give that stylised/ cartoony look which some like and some really don't. Fwiw It wouldn't have taken more than a few hours to do, so it won't have cost the club a huge amount of money to produce.

ScottB
27-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Viewing it on my phone so not a huge pic but looks like it has been done on illustrator which tends to give that stylised/ cartoony look which some like and some really don't. Fwiw It wouldn't have taken more than a few hours to do, so it won't have cost the club a huge amount of money to produce.

I would suspect Google Sketchup from the look of it, which is even quicker, someone that knows what they are doing could probably do that in an hour or so.

RoYO!
27-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Aye may well be

Moulin Yarns
27-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Why is there a running track in front of the East? :bitchy:

From the drawings on the rapidshare site, the pitch is 7.5m from the front of the north stand, 7.0m from the front of the South stand, 3.5m from the west stand and a collosal 8.5m from the new east stand. It must be to protect the players :wink:

The pitch itself is 105m x 68m