PDA

View Full Version : Egg chasing

bingo70
27-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Whats peoples thoughts on todays egg chasing?

Never like betting against Scotland but thought even money for italy to win with a five point start was too good to turn down, especially considering we're pish (regardless of the good performance against the welsh, we're still not very good).

Fingers crossed i lose my money though

--------
27-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't hold my breath for a win, mate

I think Robinson's beginning to realise the size of the job he's taken on....

bingo70
27-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't hold my breath for a win, mate

I think Robinson's beginning to realise the size of the job he's taken on....

As much as it pains me to say it I almost want us to get beat, scottish rugby (and sport in general) is in such a state getting the odd win here and there is just papering over the cracks.

IMO if they can't get the regional team to work in the borders it won't work anywhere.

--------
27-02-2010, 11:43 AM
As much as it pains me to say it I almost want us to get beat, scottish rugby (and sport in general) is in such a state getting the odd win here and there is just papering over the cracks.

IMO if they can't get the regional team to work in the borders it won't work anywhere.

I used to enjoy all the old Five-Nations games, and the autumn tests, and things like the Melrose and Murrayfield Sevens and so on.

Then the SRU decided the game needed 're-organising'.

I can really find no enthusiasm whatsoever for the present set-up. When I look at the way Scottish Rugby, Association Football, and athletics are organised, and think that 4 years from now we're supposed to be hosting the Commonwealth Games .....

:bitchy:

Let's face it, this is the Wooden Egg-Spoon Game Scotland are playing in today....

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 02:12 PM
This is dreadful viewing:bitchy: (The game btw, no the thread:greengrin)

--------
27-02-2010, 03:01 PM
This is dreadful viewing:bitchy: (The game btw, no the thread:greengrin)

They weren't exactly inspiring, were they?

Summed it all up when Scotland had Italy under pressure on their own line, pushing for the try, and parks suddenly decided to kick a drop goal.

If three points were all he was after he should have taken the penalty kick in the first place.

The only smile was when De Luca replaced Danielli for Scotland, while Maclean and Gower were playing for Italy....

Edit: However, I'll put up wiuth the song if the game goes on as it's started - Ireland 5-0 in 5 minutes.

Twickers is just starting and they're playing that "Ireland, Ireland" doggerel - sounds like the Plastic Paddies have moved in there as well....

Now we're getting the Betty Windsor song. What happened to the old Irish anthem? :rolleyes:

Edit: However, I'll put up with the song if the Irish carry on as they've started. 5-0 Ireland in 5 minutes.

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Lovely try by Ireland there. Simple really.

It's weird seeing teams score tries after watching Scotland:greengrin

Houchy
27-02-2010, 03:36 PM
After tickling our nuts with a win over Australia, they resort back to their usual crap play. The only thing we are half decent at these days is snooker (Is that really a sport though?) with Higgins, McGuire and maybe even Dott?
Says it all really... we excel at a sport that requires no athleticism what so ever!!! Oh, and a woman sliding down a slope on her belly.:greengrin

Maybe some potential in curling aswell where you don't even have to walk, you just slide.

Steve-O
28-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Does anyone go to the Murrayfield Sevens?

Here in Wellington the Sevens is the biggest party of the year. 35,000 sell out, everyone dresses up, gets hammered, and there is a massive street party on both days that goes on till about 6am!

Would be good if Edinburgh could do something similar, but can you even drink at the Sevens in Edinburgh?

--------
28-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Does anyone go to the Murrayfield Sevens?

Here in Wellington the Sevens is the biggest party of the year. 35,000 sell out, everyone dresses up, gets hammered, and there is a massive street party on both days that goes on till about 6am!

Would be good if Edinburgh could do something similar, but can you even drink at the Sevens in Edinburgh?

:agree:

To watch Scottish rugby in ANY form, you have to be absolutely smashed out of your skull. It's the only way.

iwasthere1972
28-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Lovely try by Ireland there. Simple really.

It's weird seeing teams score tries after watching Scotland:greengrin

Only the Yams get more penalties than the Scottish rugby team.