PDA

View Full Version : A big send off

CallumLaidlaw
27-02-2010, 12:01 AM
We've seen the east stand fans critised and part-mocked on here at times, but as a west stander who enjoys singing (but prefers a good view) I have stood by and watched the east stand with awe at times over the last few years. I can think of quite a few times where I have tapped my dad on the shoulder and said "look" while pointing at the east stand, after we have just scored a goal. It has looked amazing at times.
Thanks for the memories lads

Please please please give us a huge 90 mins tomorrow. I will be sitting in the west with my 5yr old step son tomorrow, and hope to be able to point to the east tomorrow and leave a memory with him. And also, it would be a HUGE 3pts!!

:notworthy::notworthy:

Jonnyboy
27-02-2010, 12:02 AM
We've seen the east stand fans critised and part-mocked on here at times, but as a west stander who enjoys singing (but prefers a good view) I have stood by and watched the east stand with awe at times over the last few years. I can think of quite a few times where I have tapped my dad on the shoulder and said "look" while pointing at the east stand, after we have just scored a goal. It has looked amazing at times.

Please please please give us a huge 90 mins tomorrow. I will be sitting in the west with my 5yr old step son tomorrow, and hope to be able to point to the east tomorrow and leave a memory with him. And also, it would be a HUGE 3pts!!

:top marks:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
27-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Change your seat and get yourself in the east for tomorrow. Your stepson will be eternally in your debt and will be thanking you for years to come.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 12:11 AM

I sit in the West Lower and love the view of the East jumping mad and singing :agree: So please, go for it big time

:thumbsup: :notworthy: :flag:

Hibby D
27-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I have to agree - there something quite spine tingling watching the Hibees Bounce going off in the East.

Give us a massive send off lads and lassies - make us all proud :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
27-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Change your seat and get yourself in the east for tomorrow. Your stepson will be eternally in your debt and will be thanking you for years to come.

He;s still a bit too young, and when we scored the 2nd against St Mirren a few weeks ago, I had to work hard to stop him getting upset, BUT, I'm sure a BOUNCING east stand would look awesome even to a 5 year old. :thumbsup:

I still have memories of the east stand when I was about 8 at the hands off hibs day (still brings tears to my eyes). I would love him to have similar good memories!

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 01:10 AM

:top marks I cannot ****in wait!!! jst pray :pray::pray: that they give us something to cheer about tomor :pray:

erin-go-bragh87
27-02-2010, 02:01 AM
He;s still a bit too young, and when we scored the 2nd against St Mirren a few weeks ago, I had to work hard to stop him getting upset, BUT, I'm sure a BOUNCING east stand would look awesome even to a 5 year old. :thumbsup:

I still have memories of the east stand when I was about 8 at the hands off hibs day (still brings tears to my eyes). I would love him to have similar good memories!

When he's older he'll be gutted if he can't say I was there for the last game of the Legendary Old East Stand, and will blame you for not taking him!!!:devil:

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 02:12 AM
When he's older he'll be gutted if he can't say I was there for the last game of the Legendary Old East Stand, and will blame you for not taking him!!!:devil:

On the flip side, he can view the bouncing and singing anywhere else in the stadium - and see it, take photos/video on dads phone and have everlasting memories :agree:

Alex Trager
27-02-2010, 02:13 AM

this is my thoughts , i have changed my seats to it tommorrow , the boy would thanky you fo eternity if you done it .....beleive me ...i'm a young dude

H18sry
27-02-2010, 08:52 AM
And the game is called off and there is no East stand farewell :boo hoo::boo hoo:

PONGO
27-02-2010, 08:57 AM
I,am taking my 6 year old to the east for the first time. I used to have season ticket in there for years and thought i would let the wee man have a stand and a bounce. Lets make it a day that he will not forget. :thumbsup::flag:

Last Minute
27-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Hope some of you in the west stand can take some photos of the east bouncing for the last time today. then we can all have some good wallpaper on our pc's to remind us how good the old east was:boo hoo:

CallumLaidlaw
27-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Hope some of you in the west stand can take some photos of the east bouncing for the last time today. then we can all have some good wallpaper on our pc's to remind us how good the old east was:boo hoo:

just put my camera in my coat pocket :wink:

Leithenhibby
27-02-2010, 10:04 AM

I find this all so emotinal, for so many reasons. :wink:

Stevie, Bobby and Alan..rip. :wink:

:music: Cos I've got a feeling..... :music: "That the days gonna be a good day"...and the night shift will take care of it's self...ENJOY..

RoslinInstHibby
27-02-2010, 10:05 AM
just put my camera in my coat pocket :wink:

me, too will be taking vids of the east in full swing and posting them up on you tube tonight.i'm in players seating today so will have a cracking view of the madness

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hopefully it'll be Duberry in the 1st 10 ten minutes. Him or Jody Morris.

down-the-slope
27-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry but as I have posted before the East is more a myth than reality in recent years.

It has only been in this form for about 15 years - and for a few years before that as the smallish covered standing enclosure.

The real East was dozed many years ago and so for those of us a bit longer in the tooth that was the end of the famous East Terracing.

The current affair is now an eyesore and times move on, and for mee I will be well pleased when the main stadium is completed as, when things settle will give a much better viewing and atmoshpere in the whole ground. The current East sounds loud when you are in it (much like shouting in a confined space:rolleyes:) but that noise does not carry that much.

This is what I really miss - bat as I said times move on.........

http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/333614618/en/fixed/470/308/Easter_Road_old.jpg

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Can we have a bit of this in the East and all round the stadium today folks :thumbsup:

YouTube - Black Eyed Peas I got a feeling on Oprah Chicago Flashmob 24th (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSbKvm_mKA)

Hibby D
27-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry but as I have posted before the East is more a myth than reality in recent years.

It has only been in this form for about 15 years - and for a few years before that as the smallish covered standing enclosure.

The real East was dozed many years ago and so for those of us a bit longer in the tooth that was the end of the famous East Terracing.

Just because the East had a history prior to it's current design, doesn't mean any less to those who sit in in now; For a lot of the younger guys and gals the way it is now is the only way they've known it.

We've all got a reason to celebrate today - yourself included because as you say it marks the beginning of a fully completed stadium :thumbsup:

Don't pour your 'longer-in-the-tooth' cold water on the parade :greengrin Let's all enjoy the day for good reasons :agree:

heretoday
27-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't honestly say I'll miss the East Stand. Since it became all-seated it's not been the same and it was very uncomfortable too.

Great atmos at times but nothing like when it was a standing enclosure.

I used to go in the old North Enclosure under the stand. I miss that all right.

The_Horde
27-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a perforated ear drum, so i can't attend today's match. :boo hoo:

Absolutely gutted, this will only be my 3rd missed home game in the last 6 years in the east stand. :boo hoo:

I hope its a great atmosphere today but most importantly i hope the 3 points stay at Easter Road and don't come down with the stand. :grr:

Lets show these baarstards.

7-0 please.

Houchy
27-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm a ST in the East and can't make todays game as I'm recovering from surgery on my liver. Unfortunately, the send off has come about 2 weeks too early for me:boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
27-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm a ST in the East and can't make todays game as I'm recovering from surgery on my liver. Unfortunately, the send off has come about 2 weeks too early for me:boo hoo:

Get well soon H :thumbsup:

Houchy
27-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Get well soon H :thumbsup:

Thanks TQM:agree:

Hainan Hibs
27-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a perforated ear drum, so i can't attend today's match. :boo hoo:

Absolutely gutted, this will only be my 3rd missed home game in the last 6 years in the east stand. :boo hoo:

I hope its a great atmosphere today but most importantly i hope the 3 points stay at Easter Road and don't come down with the stand. :grr:

Lets show these baarstards.

7-0 please.

Missing the game wae a sore ear? Grow a pair.

:greengrin:greengrin