PDA

View Full Version : BBC reporting....

s.a.m
26-02-2010, 04:34 PM
that Alan McGregor is being questioned by polis. Not quite the story that was on here, but a story nevertheless........

Golden Bear
26-02-2010, 04:40 PM
that Alan McGregor is being questioned by polis. Not quite the story that was on here, but a story nevertheless........

Is this very recent news? I can't see it on the beeb website?

s.a.m
26-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Roddy Forsyth has just been on Radio 5 saying that he has an exclusive. Something to do with inconsistencies in evidence that McGregor gave police.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Removed

TBH if this is the case then i will not be joining in any mob mentality which may take over on here. Innocent until proven guilty IMO. WE have a goalkeeper in our own squad who had a similar cloud over him for many years when in the eyes of the law he had done nothing wrong.

Not a go at you BTW just making a point.

Jim44
26-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I think this is getting a wee bit out of hand. If these rumours were true I don't think Smith would publicly say he is fit and available, giving the impression he will play against Celtic..:dunno:

Golden Bear
26-02-2010, 04:54 PM
I think this is getting a wee bit out of hand. If these rumours were true I don't think Smith would publicly say he is fit and available, giving the impression he will play against Celtic..:dunno:

:agree:

Yep - this "news" has been discreetly handled by a number of posters -------- up until now!

essexhibee
26-02-2010, 04:56 PM
TBH if this is the case then i will not be joining in any mob mentality which may take over on here. Innocent until proven guilty IMO. WE have a goalkeeper in our own squad who had a similar cloud over him for many years when in the eyes of the law he had done nothing wrong.

Brilliantly said pal, good point there. I think mcgregor is a t*at but as you say innocent until proven guilty. IF he is innocent, then brandishing him a rapist is bang out of order. I say that though, stacky is a legend and allan a to*ser so i would find it rather amusing if he was sent packing to Barlinnie!

.Sean.
26-02-2010, 04:58 PM
I haven't a clue what's going on here, if any posters would be kind enough to drop me a pm i'd be much grateful... :devil:

s.a.m
26-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Radio 5 are still running the story. He's been questioned as a result of "serious inconsistencies in his evidence", with regard to his nightclub incident. Apparently. Or maybe they've just had the same text that everyone on here (apart from me :grr:) has had.:greengrin

joejoefaemexico
26-02-2010, 05:10 PM

fair shout removing my post.

obviously just rumours at the moment but i am suggesting no smoke without fire with this one, he doesnt seem like the type of guy that is uncapable of this type of thing. the guy is a sewer rat that thinks he is the dugs baws.

but rightly so innocent until proven guilty.

500miles
26-02-2010, 05:27 PM
fair shout removing my post.

obviously just rumours at the moment but i am suggesting no smoke without fire with this one, he doesnt seem like the type of guy that is uncapable of this type of thing. the guy is a sewer rat that thinks he is the dugs baws.

but rightly so innocent until proven guilty.

That basically boils down to the Frankie Boyle line of "Well, he looks a bit rapey"!

zlatan
26-02-2010, 05:31 PM
That basically boils down to the Frankie Boyle line of "Well, he looks a bit rapey"!

He does tbf.

Dead behind the eyes.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2010, 05:38 PM
He does tbf.

Dead behind the eyes.

No need whatsoever.

zlatan
26-02-2010, 05:50 PM
No need whatsoever.

That's what she said :wink:

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Who?

Broken Gnome
26-02-2010, 06:05 PM

:greengrin

Moody Mulder
26-02-2010, 06:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8539693.stm

sambajustice
26-02-2010, 06:32 PM
The whole thing over him getting a doing, remembering nothing about it, no-one been pulled up for it so far is all a bit fishy.

If you get a doing, you remember. If you're pished and cant remember stuff folk say things to you and you get flashbacks about what was going on. Its probably all linked in.

Saying that, any old skanky bird can say a guy raped her then the guy is tarnished for a very long time for absolutely no reason at all not. Thats not to mention the coppers treating the accused like dirt. For me, in this sort of case i'll always give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he's proven guilty!

--------
26-02-2010, 06:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8539693.stm

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor has been questioned by police over alleged "inconsistencies" in his claim to have been assaulted outside a nightclub.
McGregor had alleged the attack happened in Bath Street, Glasgow, on Saturday night. It was reported that McGregor, 28, was treated in hospital for facial injuries after being violently assaulted. The goalkeeper was not interviewed under caution and he was not charged by police.

Nothing about anything other than possible 'inconsistencies' in his account of what he alleged happened last Saturday night.

Not cautioned, not charged. This story MAY eventually arrive where some of us have been for the last three days, but it's nowhere near it yet.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. :rolleyes:

Jim44
26-02-2010, 06:43 PM
On the BBC News a few minutes ago, Walter Smith kind of shrug off the situation a bit flippantly, saying that MacGregor was not unlike most goalkeepers................competent between the posts but a bit odd (not exact word) away from the game. More or less said you've got to be a bit daft to be a goalie anyway. I thought Smith himself was looking a bit rough. :greengrin

FRes Hibbie
26-02-2010, 06:47 PM

:greengrin Excellent

--------
26-02-2010, 06:50 PM
On the BBC News a few minutes ago, Walter Smith kind of shrug off the situation a bit flippantly, saying that MacGregor was not unlike most goalkeepers................competent between the posts but a bit odd (not exact word) away from the game. More or less said you've got to be a bit daft to be a goalie anyway. I thought Smith himself was looking a bit rough. :greengrin

I can't imagine he appreciated the plods turning up (accidentally on purpose?) right in the middle of a press conference.

bighairyfaeleith
26-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Innocent until proven guilty

Unless you happen to be a dirty hun **** who sticks two fingers up to scotland :devil:

bighairyfaeleith
26-02-2010, 06:58 PM

:faf: I love Frankie Boyle, in a non gay way likes!!!

Jim44
26-02-2010, 07:01 PM
The clientele on FF are convinced that this whole thing is a conspiracy by the Roman Catholic factions in the Glasgow Police and the BBC. You'ld have thought the Orange Lodge and Masonic factions of Glasgow Police might have had something to say and do about that. :greengrin

lyonhibs
26-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Rumour - and that's all it is - from a Hun mate is that some random blonde got fed up of his - probably - pervy and lecherous behaviour and set aboot him with a heeled shoe.

P L E E E E E E E E A S E let that be true :pray:

--------
26-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Innocent until proven guilty

Unless you happen to be a dirty hun **** who sticks two fingers up to scotland :devil:

No - even then, especially if the allegation happens to be a serious one. :bitchy:

paullotion
26-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor has been questioned by police over alleged "inconsistencies" in his claim to have been assaulted outside a nightclub.Maybe he forgot the words to The Sash and the polis want to be sure :devil:

Judas Iscariot
26-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Been told he's pretty much ****ed regarding this whole case..

And that's before he's in the tin pale :cool2:

An Leargaidh
26-02-2010, 07:28 PM
The clientele on FF are convinced that this whole thing is a conspiracy by the Roman Catholic factions in the Glasgow Police and the BBC. You'ld have thought the Orange Lodge and Masonic factions of Glasgow Police might have had something to say and do about that. :greengrin

That's the thing mate, us Tims/Fenians/Catholics/Irish are always "cliqueing" up in our respective jobs and careers apparently. A mate of mine who works in the prison services once said, "The Catholics at my work are always cliqueing up together" :greengrin

At my previous employment a total bluenose Gers fan accused to my face of running a "Fenian hegemony" at my workplace and that I "could have all the f****n Fenians from his workplace and they could join mine and we could all f*** off" :agree: I had to look up hegemony in the dictionary. Only paranoid people know that word off by heart :paranoid:

Terrible thing cliqueing :dummytit:

An Leargaidh
26-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe he forgot the words to The Sash and the polis want to be sure :devil:

RAOFL :faf::faf:

GloryGlory
26-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Wonder if the LloydsTSB bank manager is having a wee sweat as an asset value at Glasgow Bankrupt FC plummets by the minute! :wink:

Greentinted
26-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I had to look up hegemony in the dictionary. Only paranoid people know that word off by heart :paranoid:

Or disciples of Antonio Gramsci's neo-marxist writings...