25-02-2010, 07:21 PM
waste of time if you ask me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8537559.stm

Bad Martini
25-02-2010, 07:25 PM

Never stopped celtic though did it.

Im not Hughes' biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but he's said below, what I (and others) have been thinking:

Hughes said: "It's not as if it was an over-the-ball tackle, just mistimed.
"It must have been a right bad tackle if the boy got up straight away and chased him for 15 yards!"

...and then wasn't sent off either!! If Miller should've walked, so should the erse whae tried to whack him. Boyd's attack on Zoma was far worse. Millers' was a straight yellow, no question but it was NOT a straight red.

Hughes ban was far too strong too. FFS, I've seen judas Watty Smith almost attack the ****ing ref and fat fish-supper ally anaw. Balls.

Yellow card - fair.
3 match ban for Hughes - fair.

All this pish, unfair.

For once, the appeal is justified and we should take it as far as possible. Every other team in Scotland would and does.

ENDOF

Spike Mandela
25-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Agree with what you say.

Just think it's a waste of time trying to get referees to admit a mistake. very rare.

Westie1875
25-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Didn't Yogi say he was waiting to find out what was in the refs report before appealing Miller's card?

Perhaps he has had an indication that it could be overturned?

Pedantic_Hibee
25-02-2010, 08:40 PM
BadMartini, can I ask why you're not a big fan of Yogi?

All the respect in the world of course, especially as you're one of my favourite posters and everyone is entitled to their opinion; I'm just intrigued to know why you don't rate him as highly as I and many others.

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2010, 09:23 PM
It was never a red card and Hibs are right to appeal. To be honest, I think it was actually worse that the Well player wasn't sent off for retaliation given the handbags stuff some Hibs players have been sent off for over the years.

Ed De Gramo
25-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Do the players not get another game added on if their appeal fails....or have I just dreamt that?

Sir David Gray
25-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Do the players not get another game added on if their appeal fails....or have I just dreamt that?

The FA (not sure about the SFA) will add a game(s) to the player's suspension if they believe the appeal was "frivolous".

That's what happened with Michael Turner at Sunderland and also with Rio Ferdinand recently.

An unsuccessful appeal does not necessarily mean that the ban will be increased.

grunt
25-02-2010, 10:34 PM
This is certainly not a frivolous appeal. I think that's when a club appeals in order to free a player for a key game.

Bad Martini
25-02-2010, 10:45 PM
BadMartini, can I ask why you're not a big fan of Yogi?

All the respect in the world of course, especially as you're one of my favourite posters and everyone is entitled to their opinion; I'm just intrigued to know why you don't rate him as highly as I and many others.

To be honest mate, whilst I said Im not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, I've maybe been a tad unclear there...I dont think he's doing or done a bad job either....just don't agree with everything he does and think he still makes a few mistakes, often odd ones like recently (twice) bring off wee Zooma when he was (IMHO) the best player on the park by a mile....

That said, TBTM done the same thing with Deek and Williamson done the same before him and even JC who did win something, made odd tactical moves sometimes and signed some duffers.

All this said, Im not that unhappy with Hughes either to be fair; we're third, in the Scottish and doing well and Im no gonna knock that. I just think we could do more; BUT, thats running thru the whole team - chances missed by Stokes, more from Deek, man there's potential thru the whole team but equally, for a change we have also had some fortune and long may it continue.

IN terms of talking the talk tho, Yogi is just as much up there as Collins was for me. He talks Hibs all day and that, is good. I canny fault that and never would. So, on reflection, he's daein well.....just think (and he himself said the same) he still makes some fairly obvious mistakes but, he is learning, didny cost us a kings randsom and, we're doing well.

...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, there's nae fax machines to be seen for miles either
:greengrin (unlike some roond the Burgh)

Pedantic_Hibee
26-02-2010, 07:08 AM
To be honest mate, whilst I said Im not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, I've maybe been a tad unclear there...I dont think he's doing or done a bad job either....just don't agree with everything he does and think he still makes a few mistakes, often odd ones like recently (twice) bring off wee Zooma when he was (IMHO) the best player on the park by a mile....

That said, TBTM done the same thing with Deek and Williamson done the same before him and even JC who did win something, made odd tactical moves sometimes and signed some duffers.

All this said, Im not that unhappy with Hughes either to be fair; we're third, in the Scottish and doing well and Im no gonna knock that. I just think we could do more; BUT, thats running thru the whole team - chances missed by Stokes, more from Deek, man there's potential thru the whole team but equally, for a change we have also had some fortune and long may it continue.

IN terms of talking the talk tho, Yogi is just as much up there as Collins was for me. He talks Hibs all day and that, is good. I canny fault that and never would. So, on reflection, he's daein well.....just think (and he himself said the same) he still makes some fairly obvious mistakes but, he is learning, didny cost us a kings randsom and, we're doing well.

...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, there's nae fax machines to be seen for miles either
:greengrin (unlike some roond the Burgh)

LTYF :grr:

:wink:

I agree on a lot of points you made. The good thing is, he's an honest chap and he's come out and said he's made mistakes which previous incumbents wouldn't admit to. Hopefully he'll learn from them.

franks
26-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Can't see Miller's appeal being upheld but think Yogi's punishment may (and should) be reduced.

GraniteCityHibs
26-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Didn't Yogi say he was waiting to find out what was in the refs report before appealing Miller's card?

Perhaps he has had an indication that it could be overturned?

If he's said the above, then I would think that Yogi disagrees with the definition of the offence, before he's appealing. (professional foul, unsporting behaviour, violent conduct)

I've seen a couple of things in the junior leagues up here where the ref's report has not reflected what he's said to player at the time of the card, or what he's explained to the manager after the game and it's been overturned for that.

Anyone know what the offence was defined as at the time?

Bad Martini
26-02-2010, 08:50 AM
LTYF :grr:

:wink:

Not even in jest son...not even in jest.

I agree on a lot of points you made. The good thing is, he's an honest chap and he's come out and said he's made mistakes which previous incumbents wouldn't admit to. Hopefully he'll learn from them.

Agreed mate..that's why I said wasn't necessarily his biggest fan but didn't take it as far as to say..."..and I dinny like his management" etc...hes daein well.

ONwards, upwards, GGTTH. :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2010, 08:51 AM
When do we find out that the ref's knocked back our appeal?

Golden Bear
26-02-2010, 09:05 AM
If he's said the above, then I would think that Yogi disagrees with the definition of the offence, before he's appealing. (professional foul, unsporting behaviour, violent conduct)

I've seen a couple of things in the junior leagues up here where the ref's report has not reflected what he's said to player at the time of the card, or what he's explained to the manager after the game and it's been overturned for that.

Anyone know what the offence was defined as at the time?

Violent conduct was the message on Sky Sports at the time of the sending off.

matty_f
26-02-2010, 09:17 AM
When do we find out that the ref's knocked back our appeal?

I excpect they've got the announcement ready to go, they'll just be waiting til after the meeting to make it look like they've considered it.:agree:

JimBHibees
26-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I excpect they've got the announcement ready to go, they'll just be waiting til after the meeting to make it look like they've considered it.:agree:

Dont even think there will be a meeting, they will have decided it already that if an appeal comes in there will be a statement from the ref that he was right all along. Great system we have in this country.

hibernian tv
26-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Dont even think there will be a meeting, they will have decided it already that if an appeal comes in there will be a statement from the ref that he was right all along. Great system we have in this country.

Appeal has been upheld - red card reduced to yellow.

JimBHibees
26-02-2010, 10:16 AM

Had no doubt at all. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
26-02-2010, 10:18 AM

No retrospective red for O'Brien's antics? :grr:

No replay? :grr:

KWJ
26-02-2010, 10:43 AM
haha great news.

Nice one SFA, give us the 3 points the decision cost us too :wink:

PC Stamp
26-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Credit to Euan Norris for admitting the error ... however .. had he and his assistant got it right at the time we wouldn't have had to play for 60 minutes with 10 men and it may have been a different game/outcome.

Billy
26-02-2010, 10:44 AM

Have faith Cuz :greengrin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100226/liam-miller_2262950_1977886

KerPlunk
26-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Shouldn't Tacheman be trying to set up a wee secret meet with the heidbummers at the GFA to complain about refs? :wink:

SidBurns
26-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Fresh in the mind as just doing my referee course.

The way it works, the player/manager/club complain, the referee is asked to attend Hampden, if the ref decides he was wrong then it is reduced/recinded, if the ref still thinks he's got it right then thats end of. Personally, I quite like the way we do it. Still leaves the responsibility at the Ref's feet and not some suit upstairs like down south.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Fresh in the mind as just doing my referee course.

The way it works, the player/manager/club complain, the referee is asked to attend Hampden, if the ref decides he was wrong then it is reduced/recinded, if the ref still thinks he's got it right then thats end of. Personally, I quite like the way we do it. Still leaves the responsibility at the Ref's feet and not some suit upstairs like down south.

But it all depends on the ref admitting he was wrong. They might do it once or twice but not everytime - if tehy were to keep admitting they were wrong they'd be worried about keeping their status.

That's why it should be looked at objectively, people's natural instinct is self-preservation.

So well done the ref for admitting he and his linesman got it wrong BUT big black mark for getting it wrong and leaving us our best player down for an hour. Piss off to Div 3 for a week or 2.

PC Stamp
26-02-2010, 11:20 AM
But it all depends on the ref admitting he was wrong. They might do it once or twice but not everytime - if tehy were to keep admitting they were wrong they'd be worried about keeping their status.

That's why it should be looked at objectively, people's natural instinct is self-preservation.

So well done the ref for admitting he and his linesman got it wrong BUT big black mark for getting it wrong and leaving us our best player down for an hour. Piss off to Div 3 for a week or 2.

Agree 100% DH. It relies heavily on the individual admitting to making an error, something very few humans are good at in ANY walk of life.

TrinityHibs
26-02-2010, 11:32 AM

You sure abiut that?:wink: Check the club site

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Now we have it straight from the horses mouth, he got it wrong. I suppose those saying we were crap on saturday, will have to think of another reason why now. Only one question, how many of us would like hibs to play against 10 men for an hour, or 11?

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
26-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I partly blame Yogi for the card, WTF was he doing playing Miller wide right? :confused: To accomodate the silky talents of Cregg and Stevenson, :bitchy: :confused:

When available Miller in the middle please, Yogi!

bingo70
26-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I partly blame Yogi for the card, WTF was he doing playing Miller wide right? :confused: To accomodate the silky talents of Cregg and Stevenson, :bitchy: :confused:

When available Miller in the middle please, Yogi!

Do you not think he wanted Miller on the right and more 'industrial' players in the middle because of the state of the pitch?

The criticism of Yogi after last week is hilarious, if we win again tomorrow he'll be back to being the messiah again :faf:

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Do you not think he wanted Miller on the right and more 'industrial' players in the middle because of the state of the pitch?

The criticism of Yogi after last week is hilarious, if we win again tomorrow he'll be back to being the messiah again :faf:

WTF does it matter where miller made the tackle, it was not a sending off. Going by that theory, i blame Mixu for Bamba's sending of in his first game for hibs, he's never a midfielder.

26-02-2010, 11:52 AM

If that was his reason then he got it wrong. Miller should be in the middle, period, he's not a wide man. If we had Ballack and Essien I'd maybe see his point, but we're talking messrs Stevenson and Cregg here :confused:

silverhibee
26-02-2010, 11:52 AM
So does Yogi's six match ban from the dug-out still stand then.

bingo70
26-02-2010, 11:53 AM
WTF does it matter where miller made the tackle, it was not a sending off. Going by that theory, i blame Mixu for Bamba's sending of in his first game for hibs, he's never a midfielder.

No sure if your arguing with me here or no but i agree with you, to blame Yogi for that sending off last week is laughable.

bingo70
26-02-2010, 11:57 AM
If that was his reason then he got it wrong. Miller should be in the middle, period, he's not a wide man. If we had Ballack and Essien I'd maybe see his point, but we're talking messrs Stevenson and Cregg here :confused:

We don't know if it was wrong or not as Miller was incorrectly sent off, seems sound logic to me though, on a pitch when there was no grass in the middle, get ball winners in the middle and give the ball players the ball in an area of the pitch where they can use it.

BTW pretty sure Miller has been a right midfielder for most of hs career, IIRC he certainly started off there for Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2010, 11:58 AM
No sure if your arguing with me here or no but i agree with you, to blame Yogi for that sending off last week is laughable.

:agree:

poolman
26-02-2010, 12:07 PM

I would give up here, you're digging youself a hole with no way out

Jim44
26-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm pleased for Miller. However I must say that there are times when I think he does show a wee bit too much uncontrolled 'enthusiasm' in his challenges. Not quite red mist but a sort of pale pink. :greengrin

Riordans Boots
26-02-2010, 12:18 PM
:thumbsup: Reduced to a yellow. :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100226/liam-miller_2262950_1977886

H18sry
26-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Now we are the victim of bad refereeing, can we please have the last hour of the game replayed because the ref's mistake cost us at least a point:grr:

nanamag
26-02-2010, 12:43 PM
miller wins appeal,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wembley67
26-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Willie?

Cabbage East
26-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Groathillgrump
26-02-2010, 12:47 PM
miller wins appeal,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't see that coming! Great news. :thumbsup:

nanamag
26-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Didn't see that coming! Great news. :thumbsup: same here but as you say great news,:notworthy:

26-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Good news, but begs the question why was it issued at all. Was never a red.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Any news on Hughes' appeal?

nanamag
26-02-2010, 01:02 PM
i posted a little while ago that miller had won his appeal, and it has been moved can anyone tell me why this has happend,:boo hoo:

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2010, 01:04 PM
i posted a little while ago that miller had won his appeal, and it has been moved can anyone tell me why this has happend,:boo hoo:

Threads have been merged.

nanamag
26-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Threads have been merged. o rite thought i had done something wrong, thanks for that,:hnet:

Riordans Boots
26-02-2010, 01:10 PM

Go to post 43 :agree:

grievsie
26-02-2010, 01:25 PM

Miller is available for tomorrows game now. good news. :thumbsup:
glory glory

Just Jimmy
26-02-2010, 01:28 PM
fair enough but pisses me off that we lost a game we were good for AT LEAST a point, only for the decision to be over turned later.

lapsedhibee
26-02-2010, 03:25 PM
pisses me off that we lost a game we were good for AT LEAST a point, only for the decision to be over turned later.

:agree: Can we appeal against the result of the appeal, and get the original red reinstated? :dizzy:

CapitalHibs
26-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm pleased for Miller. However I must say that there are times when I think he does show a wee bit too much uncontrolled 'enthusiasm' in his challenges. Not quite red mist but a sort of pale pink. :greengrin

:agree:

Could it be that some of that "Old Firm entitlement" still remains?:greengrin

Spike Mandela
26-02-2010, 03:35 PM

Nobody asked me, now I know why:greengrin

MussyHibby
26-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Hibs fans eh?

We asked for the referee to reconsider and we wrongly assume he will reject our request - negative!

The referee honourably changes his mind and I would have thought credit should have been applied to Norris, wrong eh, still his fault for issuing it in the first place - negative!

Now we want a replay - negative!

Now we want Yogi's 6 match ban reduced because we get Miller's rescinded - negative!

Take the positive out of this decision and stop fekkin moanin! Yogi talks about accepting the decision, respecting the referee for the about-turn, can't we do that and stop moaning!

We will win tomorrow - positive!!!:agree:

shamo9
26-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Hibs fans eh?

We asked for the referee to reconsider and we wrongly assume he will reject our request - negative!

The referee honourably changes his mind and I would have thought credit should have been applied to Norris, wrong eh, still his fault for issuing it in the first place - negative!

Now we want a replay - negative!

Now we want Yogi's 6 match ban reduced because we get Miller's rescinded - negative! - How is that negative? That's actually being a little hopeful, or in your words, positive

Take the positive out of this decision and stop fekkin moanin! Yogi talks about accepting the decision, respecting the referee for the about-turn, can't we do that and stop moaning!

We will win tomorrow - positive!!!:agree:

I think a lot of that was a bit tongue in cheek, you might want to lighten up yourself a little bit instead of 'fekkin moanin', no?:wink:

MussyHibby
26-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I think a lot of that was a bit tongue in cheek, you might want to lighten up yourself a little bit instead of 'fekkin moanin', no?:wink:

Do you think so? Hibs fans have always been hard to please, except me!:wink:

ahibby
26-02-2010, 05:33 PM

I have to agree with you on this and sometimes he has gotten away with them such as away to Motherwell last year and other times he hasn't. Still I don't mind if he gets away with it. Having said that I thought he played a part in Saints first two goals. The first when he cleared the ball with a header out of our box only straight to one of their players (mind you if Riordan had read it their player would have been at least been challenged) and for the second he tried to float a ball in to their box (not a good idea the way they were playing) only for it to be cleared they go up the pitch and score. I hope he doesn't give us more of that tomorrow but will be happy if we get the better parts of his play, which is sometimes very good admittedly. Which basically means I was curious as to how we would get on without him against them tomorrow but reads like we will never know.

Iggy Pope
26-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I have to agree with you on this and sometimes he has gotten away with them such as away to Motherwell last year and other times he hasn't. Still I don't mind if he gets away with it. Having said that I thought he played a part in Saints first two goals. The first when he cleared the ball with a header out of our box only straight to one of their players (mind you if Riordan had read it their player would have been at least been challenged) and for the second he tried to float a ball in to their box (not a good idea the way they were playing) only for it to be cleared they go up the pitch and score. I hope he doesn't give us more of that tomorrow but will be happy if we get the better parts of his play, which is sometimes very good admittedly. Which basically means I was curious as to how we would get on without him against them tomorrow but reads like we will never know.

Must've missed that, like.

Expecting Rain
27-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank god Miller is available today, i couldn`t see where any creativity was going to come from in his absence.

IberianHibernian
27-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Does today`s yellow put Miller over limit meaning he`ll miss next league game after 14 days - Tynecastle ?