PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Bridge retired from England

Mikeystewart
25-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Just heard on talk sport Wayne Bridge has retired from international football as his position is untenable.

JoeT
25-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Eh? this is complete nonsense, surely Terry should go instead!!!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Cheryl is giving a Terry a call about it! :agree:

Andy74
25-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Just heard on talk sport Wayne Bridge has retired from international football as his position is untenable.

He's no balls then has he? Terry should be the one feeling awkward.

Clearly Bridge has no mates in the squad and he'd be the one feeling isolated.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-02-2010, 10:50 AM
He has the chance, as in my opinion a very average premiership player to go to a world cup finals tournament and be amongst the greatest players on the planet. He would also be playing in a side with a real real chance of winning the tournament and forever going down in the country that he lives in as a legend.

You could argue he plays for a club with real ambition so will see success and big platforms elsewhere, but I heavily doubt that he will be their first choice left back for any prolonged period of time.

For me, a very one dimensional player throwing away a great oppurtunity.

Who will be next in line for a LB WC place?

I might have said Gibbs if he were fit, Warnock? Phil Neville? Baines? Theres also a chance Gareth Barry could return to the position he started in IMO, James Milner also has some experience in that position.

therealgavmac
25-02-2010, 10:52 AM
He has the chance, as in my opinion a very average premiership player to go to a world cup finals tournament and be amongst the greatest players on the planet. He would also be playing in a side with a real real chance of winning the tournament and forever going down in the country that he lives in as a legend.

You could argue he plays for a club with real ambition so will see success and big platforms elsewhere, but I heavily doubt that he will be their first choice left back for any prolonged period of time.

For me, a very one dimensional player throwing away a great oppurtunity.

Who will be next in line for a LB WC place?

I might have said Gibbs if he were fit, Warnock? Phil Neville? Baines? Theres also a chance Gareth Barry could return to the position he started in IMO, James Milner also has some experience in that position.

Who cares? :wink:

Beefster
25-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Irrespective of who's more popular, perhaps Bridge just doesn't trust himself not to hit Terry every time he's sees his chavvy, smug face?

There's also been a lot of horse-trading going on behind the scenes to keep Bridge's ex from blabbing all to the papers. Perhaps that's made the situation between Bridge and Terry even worse (if that's possible).

Ultimately, I don't think we can judge Bridge or his motivations without knowing everything that has happened.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Perhaps its because Terry has more mates in the England team, 3 of his chelsea mates might be in the side for the world cup. Terry should feel awkward, but so would Bridge.

If this was you or me, at our evey day job, i'm sure it would be very difficult to work in the same place, harmony would not be good.

Walter
25-02-2010, 11:09 AM
If Bridge would be playing next to Terry, he could conceivably be concerned that their relationship would affect the team, and doesnt want that to be a reason for the team to fail. E.g. Terry makes a balls up does Bridge bail him out?

Gus
25-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I am disappointed in Bridge BUT understand why he wouldnt want to play next to Terry

Baw187
25-02-2010, 11:15 AM

It's probably less to do with how many mates either of them have and more to do with the entire squad being caught in the middle. Not sure many of them will have taken sides in this matter as what has Bridge actually done wrong?? Nowt. There may be some Terry apologists and some who think he was out of order, but most will not be bothered one way or the other.

The problem here is that if Bridge continues to play, the awkwardness for the whole squad will be poor, not just between the 2 of them.

If England were to turn up at a World Cup finals and play crap and it could in any way be attributed to team spirit brought about by this fiasco, then the press would have a field day.

I think that this is more likely to be the reasoning behind him dropping out.

Bad Martini
25-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Ha. Excellent.

This should provide some good derailment for them.

ABE.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy74
25-02-2010, 11:22 AM
It's probably less to do with how many mates either of them have and more to do with the entire squad being caught in the middle. Not sure many of them will have taken sides in this matter as what has Bridge actually done wrong?? Nowt. There may be some Terry apologists and some who think he was out of order, but most will not be bothered one way or the other.

The problem here is that if Bridge continues to play, the awkwardness for the whole squad will be poor, not just between the 2 of them.

If England were to turn up at a World Cup finals and play crap and it could in any way be attributed to team spirit brought about by this fiasco, then the press would have a field day.

I think that this is more likely to be the reasoning behind him dropping out.

I get that, but these are all reasons why Terry as the wrong-doer should be the one dropping out.

Bridge shouldn't be letting this get in the way of his chance to play at the World Cup. Bridge should be going there feeling like he has done nothing wrong and that if there is any awkwardness it is Terry's issue.

What must be tipping it is that he thinks Terry is poular and he wouldn't be as popular so he will be made to feel like the one who is the issue.

RoslinInstHibby
25-02-2010, 11:22 AM
certaintly adds a little more spice to the match on saturday:agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I get that, but these are all reasons why Terry as the wrong-doer should be the one dropping out.

Bridge shouldn't be letting this get in the way of his chance to play at the World Cup. Bridge should be going there feeling like he has done nothing wrong and that if there is any awkwardness it is Terry's issue.

What must be tipping it is that he thinks Terry is poular and he wouldn't be as popular so he will be made to feel like the one who is the issue.

We all know that's not going to happen, he does not care a hoot about anyone else, and wont care Bridge has opted out, and is probably happy, as it helps with the harmony of the squad. Something i dont think he'd do, if it was the other way round. I have a sneaky feeling Capello might make that decision for him.

lapsedhibee
25-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Wouldn't go as far as to say that left back is untenable, though it's undoubtedly true that Engerlund could win the world cup any time they liked playing with ten men. They're that good.

Jonnyboy
25-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm happy for JT to stay in the squad

Especially if he plays like he did against Inter :devil:

WindyMiller
25-02-2010, 11:45 AM

His performance on Saturday was p.poor too.

crewetollhibee
25-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Sounds as though David Murphy might get a gig at the World Cup if he can get himself fit.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Sounds as though David Murphy might get a gig at the World Cup if he can get himself fit.

Is he still injured?

Gus
25-02-2010, 11:54 AM

:drunk:

SidBurns
25-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Who cares? :wink:

EXACTLY! :agree:

I couldn't give a flying fudge who goes as long as their back by the end of June and not still there come July! :thumbsup:

David@EasterRoad
25-02-2010, 12:08 PM
This is just so that when he puts Terry out of the world cup at the weekend with a Roy Keane style assault he won't be kicking an England team mate.:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
25-02-2010, 12:16 PM
It's a real shame that he is the one who has been forced into not going to the World Cup when he is completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

I hope Wayne Bridge goes right through Terry when Man City plays Chelsea at the weekend.

Exiled Hibby
25-02-2010, 12:45 PM
it seems obvious what's going through his mind here...........JT is in Africa, his wife is at home minding the kids, think I'll give her a call
:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
25-02-2010, 12:49 PM
It's a real shame that he is the one who has been forced into not going to the World Cup when he is completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

I hope Wayne Bridge goes right through Terry when Man City plays Chelsea at the weekend.

:top marks. I have a sneaky feeling some of Bridge's teammates may help the cause also:greengrin

Greentinted
25-02-2010, 10:04 PM
FWIW - Having had the distinctly unpleasant experience of having to work beside a man who had 'done' my (now ex) wife while I was working away, I can assure anyone that it takes a big big heap of self control and dignity to operate professionaly alongside some sleazy wee bawbag who has essentially violated part of your life. As much as there is a contrived macho attitude around such matters, this kind of thing can truly do a lot of damage and hurts badly. Seeing the 'other' guy on a regular basis tests all your resolve and I think that WB should not be castigated as having 'no balls'.
We're all human at the end of the day and Terry and the female in question are the wrongdoers here.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Pathetic really, he would understandably feel uncomfortable but at the end of the day Bridge hasn't been wronged, she was his Ex! Though anything that weakens that squad has to be good in my opinion.:wink:

Joe Baker II
26-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Pathetic really, he would understandably feel uncomfortable but at the end of the day Bridge hasn't been wronged, she was his Ex! Though anything that weakens that squad has to be good in my opinion.:wink:

I suspect the whole story is still to come out - there is almost certainly more to it than this.

--------
26-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Ha. Excellent.

ABE.

It's an ill wind, gents.... :devil:

What next?

Another "Gerrard Assaulted By Bad Man In Liverpool Night-Club" headline?

"Ashley Wore My Panties - Cheryl"?

"Wayne Rooney On Rampage Up Empire State Building"?

JimBHibees
26-02-2010, 10:19 AM

Totally agree, dear oh dear. It is the World cup and the main left back is injured, what a chance to play in the most important tournament there is. Complete lack of backbone.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Ha. Excellent.

ABE.

Not often we agree on matters pertaining to international football, old chap, but one must seriously hope this proves to be the case.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2010, 11:17 AM

She's also the mother of his child.

I thought it was just one of those 'bloke rules' that you don't go jumping into bed with your mates ex a few weeks after they split up especially when they have a child together. Although maybe my mates and i are just a bit too sensitive?

And the only pathetic person in this sorry mess is John Terry. All this pushing the chest out, pumping the fist, kissing the badge love in with the Chelsea support is getting right on my t1ts, you would think he had something to be proud of.