PDA

View Full Version : Neil Warnock and Palace

CB_NO3
24-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Why is he leaving Crystal Palace, I thought he was doing a good job. I know they are in administration. Is it something to do with his wages?

Dunbar Hibee
25-02-2010, 12:51 AM
I hate Neil Warnock. Greetin faced moanin *******. Always has been always will be !

Haymaker
25-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Probably to do with his wages however it may also have to do with him being a gash manager and a mouthpiece which wouldnt endure him to any prospective owners...

Frogga
25-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Right, it does my nut in when folk get on Warnock's back! football would be a very boring sport if it was full of sven goran eriksson types who talk and absolute load of twaddle and clearly please people.

At the very least, Warnock is passionate and clearly loves the game. he talks his mind, which is something that cannot be said for alot of people in football.

Sometimes he may be wrong, but generally, he is bang on the money, and alot I personally agree with, for example, Freddy Sears goal that was not given.

Fans are far too quick to dislike someone that does not conform. These characters are what make football the best sport in the world and I for one think he is brilliant.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Right, it does my nut in when folk get on Warnock's back! football would be a very boring sport if it was full of sven goran eriksson types who talk and absolute load of twaddle and clearly please people.

At the very least, Warnock is passionate and clearly loves the game. he talks his mind, which is something that cannot be said for alot of people in football.

Sometimes he may be wrong, but generally, he is bang on the money, and alot I personally agree with, for example, Freddy Sears goal that was not given.

Fans are far too quick to dislike someone that does not conform. These characters are what make football the best sport in the world and I for one think he is brilliant.

:top marks

davemcbain
25-02-2010, 07:39 AM

:agree: Hate to admit it, but I have a sneaking admiration for Warnock too.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2010, 07:42 AM
I like Warnock as well. It's great to hear someone tell the truth for a change rather than just the usual cliche pish!

I think he's leaving due to them going into administration - rumour is he could be on his way to QPR.

Tinyclothes
25-02-2010, 07:43 AM
I think he's a complete fud but am glad he's in the game. Football needs as many big personalities as possible, even if you don't necessarily like all of them.

J-C
25-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Palace have no money, almost in administration and can't buy players selling the best instead, QPR are owned by wealthy men and are looking to go up and challenge the big boys, poor record of keeping managers though.

KerPlunk
25-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Palace have no money, almost in administration and can't buy players selling the best instead, QPR are owned by wealthy men and are looking to go up and challenge the big boys, poor record of keeping managers though.

Maybe wealthy but Briattore and Ecclestone have to be two of the slimiest, most odious specimens in English football.

:grr:

GraniteCityHibs
25-02-2010, 10:50 AM
:agree: Hate to admit it, but I have a sneaking admiration for Warnock too.

I'm a fan of Warnock! Like a posty above says if it wasn't for characters like him the game would be very dull.

Heard him and Martin O'Neill talking very frankly and having a laugh on 5live last week about the hypocracy of managers on certain decisions. It was after Warnock's post-match from the first game after the decision for the Villa corner.

He said his wife had calmed him down and reminded him about the dodgy decision that led to their winner against Wolves in the previous round. MON was laughing at that as he had called in to remind him of the same thing.

You don't get many managers who will call up a national radio station the after a game and admit that he was a bit hasty.

He also said that he had been unhappy since the administartor had come in and he needed to think about HIS family first and foremost and if a decent offer came from another club he would have to consider it seriously.

Again, there aren't many managers who'll be that honest with the public. A Rugby League correspondant was on the show that day too who said he was sick of the kind of anodyne interviews he gets in his sport and is crying out for someone like Warnock to make his job interesting!

Have to agree with this. If i had to listen to any more interviews from the like of Sven or the like i wouldnt even bother reading the papers, it's the off-the-wall types who make it worth talking about!

ScottB
25-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe wealthy but Briattore and Ecclestone have to be two of the slimiest, most odious specimens in English football.

:grr:

Briattore is out and it's the Mittal's that are exerting the influence now.

I would think QPR are in a good position right now, particularly with the number of teams above them flirting with going bust these days.

KerPlunk
25-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Briattore is out and it's the Mittal's that are exerting the influence now.

I would think QPR are in a good position right now, particularly with the number of teams above them flirting with going bust these days.

Must have failed the "Fit & Proper Person" test. :cool2:

Oh well, with the Mittal's in charge, we can expect them to be lifting the CL Trophy in 3 years :faf:...........are you watching Vlad ?

Sir David Gray
25-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Personally I don't care for him very much but I agree with those who are saying that football needs controversial characters like him as it gives people something to talk about.

The thing that annoys me most about him is that whenever his side loses, it is very rarely his, or his side's, fault and bad luck or something more sinister has, at least in his mind, conspired against his team to make them lose.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I hate Neil Warnock. Greetin faced moanin *******. Always has been always will be !

I disagree. He's not a cardboard cutout like a lot of managers about nowadays coming out with cliche after cliche. Most of them are just boring old farts and should stay away from the camera unless they have something original and witty to say.

Neil Warnock and Harry Rednapp. They're almost as good as Morecambe and Wise and the Two Ronnies.

Neil Warnock. :thumbsup: