PDA

View Full Version : Sellick moaning about referee decisions

macca70
24-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Celtic are to express there concerns to SFA, regarding referee decisions that have gone against them.

Sure I heard on radio that they are to meet with the SFA to discuss.

Any other team outwith the Old Firm would get fined for this. (I'm sure the Yam were)

SFA should be telling them to beat it and stop moanin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8535119.stm

Get over it ya greetin faced, Buckfast drinking Clowns

Or is this there attempt to put pressure on the referee on the week leading up to an Old Firm derby?

murray26
24-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Celtic are really getting on my nerves lately, paranoid freaks, everyone gets decisions going for and against them in the course of a season, i hope they throw the book at them for bringing the game into disrepute.

macca70
24-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Just read this bit, how funny :faf: :

Celtic also have concerns about offside decisions given against Robbie Keane, their recent loan signing from Tottenham Hotspur.

"It seems that officials are struggling to keep up with his pace," said the source.

"Several key offside decisions have gone against him purely because of his speed."

:faf::faf::faf:

Hainan Hibs
24-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I really do hate that club, I really do.

Don Giovanni
24-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Smeltic are an utter disgrace.

G15 Hibs
24-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Celtic are to express there concerns to SFA, regarding referee decisions that have gone against them.

Any other team outwith the Old Firm would get fined for this. (I'm sure the Yam were)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8535119.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8535119.stm)

Or is this there attempt to put pressure on the referee on the week leading up to an Old Firm derby?

That's exactly it, mate. And, frankly, it's pathetic. Any team could point to a dozen decisions that have gone against them this season. And there will be just as many they've got away with (more, if yer one of the gruesome twosome).

This just shows the class of that club.

hibeemark
24-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Nothing has, or propably will be said officially by the club. If this story had any credence at all, it wouldn't be from an 'unnamed source'. I think you're absolutely right when you say this has been planted by Celtic in an attempt to unsettle Rangers/the referee prior to the derby.

There's always some nonsense like this prior to 'the big game' and the news outlets are so reluctant to do anything remotely resembling investigative journalism that they'll happily gobble up any crumbs the Old Firm throw their way.

And let's face it, it's exactly the sort of thing Celtic fans love to read. The entire world is against them (despite being the wealthiest club in the SPL :rolleyes:).

KeithTheHibby
They really are a pathetic paranoid club.

The comments about Robbie Keane would look stupid on a messageboard never mind from an official source.

bingo70
:tin hat: TBF the standard of refereeing in Scotland just now is a disgrace and IMO fair play to celtic for at least trying to get the SFA to look at it.

As for them being fined for it, no-one from celtic has actually said anything, it was an 'unnamed source' so i don't think it's fair comparing it to hearts when they're owner was openly calling them corrupt.

poolman
24-02-2010, 06:27 PM

I think that they're quite right

They have the best fans on the planet and its clear that decisions from the refs go against them so it's not fair

Maybe replaying all the games they've dropped points would be a nice thing to do to help them

:fibber:

Broken Gnome
24-02-2010, 06:34 PM
As I've said before, equally detestable as Rangers, just in different ways.

G15 Hibs
24-02-2010, 06:40 PM
:tin hat: TBF the standard of refereeing in Scotland just now is a disgrace and IMO fair play to celtic for at least trying to get the SFA to look at it.

As for them being fined for it, no-one from celtic has actually said anything, it was an 'unnamed source' so i don't think it's fair comparing it to hearts when they're owner was openly calling them corrupt.

I dunno. There's been a couple of games this season where the refereeing has been appaling, but for the most part it's been better than it was a couple of years ago, when a whole new raft of refs came through.
Just talking from a Hibs point of view, on the matches I've been at (all home and a fair few away).

Sylar
24-02-2010, 06:41 PM
If this isn't bringing the game into disrepute, I don't know what is.

I really do despise them.

macca70
24-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Nothing has, or propably will be said officially by the club. If this story had any credence at all, it wouldn't be from an 'unnamed source'. I think you're absolutely right when you say this has been planted by Celtic in an attempt to unsettle Rangers/the referee prior to the derby.

There's always some nonsense like this prior to 'the big game' and the news outlets are so reluctant to do anything remotely resembling investigative journalism that they'll happily gobble up any crumbs the Old Firm throw their way.

And let's face it, it's exactly the sort of thing Celtic fans love to read. The entire world is against them (despite being the wealthiest club in the SPL :rolleyes:).

According to someone from SFA on Real Radio, SFA have met with Celtic and SFA are disappointed that this has been made public!!

Barney McGrew
24-02-2010, 06:44 PM

I think the issue with Celtic however is that their fans (as usual) are suggesting that it's a conspiracy against them, rather than the fact that the referees are just pish.

They're a bunch of paranoid whingers.

G15 Hibs
24-02-2010, 06:45 PM
According to someone from SFA on Real Radio, SFA have met with Celtic and SFA are disappointed that this has been made public!!

Anyone think the SFA would meet with Hibs (or any of the other 9 SPL teams) if they'd made a similar move?
I don't mean that in a pointed way, just wondering..

blueisthecolour
24-02-2010, 06:48 PM

:top marks

Hibs Class
24-02-2010, 06:51 PM
They did this a few years ago, IIRC it may have been about Dallas, but they certainly got a behavioural psychologist or similar to analyse the ref's performance and behaviour during a match. Quite pathetic really, but they do like to play the victim more often than not.

macca70
24-02-2010, 06:58 PM
If this is a genuine response from SFA, it absolutely amazes me.

Why didnt the SFA invite other clubs along to this cosey little meeting to discuss standard of refereeing?

"We find it disappointing and somewhat bizarre that, in the build-up to an Old Firm derby, an unnamed Celtic 'source' would seek to exert additional pressure on match officials by issuing ill-timed and fundamentally inaccurate comments," said the SFA president.

"The validity of these comments is questionable in any case, since the 'source' is not courageous enough to put his name to them.

"In actual fact, discussions between the Scottish FA and Celtic have taken place, but the contents of these discussions will remain private, as was agreed with the club.

"I am sure the Celtic chief executive, Peter Lawwell, will be concerned by the fact that someone has elected to speak on behalf of his club, seemingly without consent, and therefore undermined his authority."

macca70
24-02-2010, 07:00 PM
If this is a genuine response from SFA, it absolutely amazes me.

Why didnt the SFA invite other clubs along to this cosey little meeting to discuss standard of refereeing?

"We find it disappointing and somewhat bizarre that, in the build-up to an Old Firm derby, an unnamed Celtic 'source' would seek to exert additional pressure on match officials by issuing ill-timed and fundamentally inaccurate comments," said the SFA president.

"The validity of these comments is questionable in any case, since the 'source' is not courageous enough to put his name to them.

"In actual fact, discussions between the Scottish FA and Celtic have taken place, but the contents of these discussions will remain private, as was agreed with the club.

"I am sure the Celtic chief executive, Peter Lawwell, will be concerned by the fact that someone has elected to speak on behalf of his club, seemingly without consent, and therefore undermined his authority."

For that 1st Paragraph alone, I'm assuming the SFA will be dishing out a nice wee fine to Sellick?

truehibernian
24-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Not the right way to go about it certainly, but I wish ALL the SPL clubs would unite and take the issue to task. This season the standard has been truly awful at all the games I have been at, and not just for Hibs, for all sides. Craig Thomson leads the "worst ref" table in my book so far. Only Dougie MacDonald and Callum Murray I would say get pass marks every game I have seen them officiate. Certainly they are the only ones that appear to be able to count to ten when it comes to getting a wall to stand the required distance away........Thomson clearly has feet the size of a mouse as he makes the wall stand near enough in the kickers face :grr:

Austinho
24-02-2010, 07:25 PM
The hypocrisy makes me laugh, but to be fair, Rangers have benefitted hugely from terrible refereeing against Celtic in both games against them this season.

If Hibs were challenging for the league and constantly got shafted by the referee in the crucial games against our title rivals, I would like to think the club would stand up for themselves.

Still, GIRFUY Celtic :cool2:

Sir David Gray
24-02-2010, 07:41 PM
If their claims weren't so outrageous, they would actually be hilarious.

Celtic are fast becoming, in my view, the most detestable club in Scotland.

I find Rangers absolutely despicable but I find it difficult to sum up how I feel about Celtic, particularly at the moment.

johnrebus
24-02-2010, 07:47 PM
If their claims weren't so outrageous, they would actually be hilarious.

Celtic are fast becoming, in my view, the most detestable club in Scotland.

I find Rangers absolutely despicable but I find it difficult to sum up how I feel about Celtic, particularly at the moment.

The way I feel about Celtic is thus....,

The only - and I do mean only - good thing about Celtic, is that they are not Rangers.

Compared to the Huns they still have a wee bit of catching up to do.

:devil:

Bad Martini
24-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Celtc these days are pretty much on a par with the huns. Marginally less odious but not much in it...and I didn't think I'd ever see anyone get on my nerves so much as rangers.

Their constant whinging and whining (and ye cannae blame WGS for it now) is so annoying. They are so hard done to, so oppressed yet still manage to get the rub of the green most times against most teams....

Hope they sink to nowhere, like the huns. Would love to see them both GTF to england and watch them squirm into nothingness.

OFGTF :agree:

ENDOF

wee 162
24-02-2010, 08:04 PM
The hypocrisy makes me laugh, but to be fair, Rangers have benefitted hugely from terrible refereeing against Celtic in both games against them this season.

If Hibs were challenging for the league and constantly got shafted by the referee in the crucial games against our title rivals, I would like to think the club would stand up for themselves.

Still, GIRFUY Celtic :cool2:

What? Like a stonewall sending off for a player elbowing someone in the face when it's 0-0 and him getting booked for obstruction? Or a non existent penalty being given against you when you're 1-0 down?

Challenging for the league might be pushing it, but I think the decisions Rangers have got this season are beyond the norm even for them!

snooky
24-02-2010, 08:25 PM
What? Like a stonewall sending off for a player elbowing someone in the face when it's 0-0 and him getting booked for obstruction? Or a non existent penalty being given against you when you're 1-0 down?

Challenging for the league might be pushing it, but I think the decisions Rangers have got this season are beyond the norm even for them!

:agree:

Golden Bear
25-02-2010, 08:50 AM
The ref on Sunday is now in a no win situation.

If controversial decisions go in favour of the huns then it will be a case of "we told you so" from smelltic but if the decisions go their way then the ref will be accused by the huns of reacting to the pressure.

I don't suppose we'll ever find out the exact content of the complaint, but on the surface of it, the smelly ones should be reprimanded for bringing the game into disrepute.

hibbymac
25-02-2010, 09:08 AM

Celtic also have concerns about offside decisions given against Robbie Keane, their recent loan signing from Tottenham Hotspur.

"It seems that officials are struggling to keep up with his pace," said the source.

"Several key offside decisions have gone against him purely because of his speed."

That's it sorted, the linesman for the O.F. game has been selected. YouTube - The fastest Linesman in the League. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3a-auYm0o)

HFC 0-7
25-02-2010, 09:19 AM
The ref on Sunday is now in a no win situation.

If controversial decisions go in favour of the huns then it will be a case of "we told you so" from smelltic but if the decisions go their way then the ref will be accused by the huns of reacting to the pressure.

I don't suppose we'll ever find out the exact content of the complaint, but on the surface of it, the smelly ones should be reprimanded for bringing the game into disrepute.

He could maybe just referee the game fairly and get the decisions correct then no one can complain and he will 'win'. No?

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 09:23 AM
He could maybe just referee the game fairly and get the decisions correct then no one can complain and he will 'win'. No?

Not going to happen, the ref's have already come out and told us they referee this game differently to others. I don't understand why both clubs should be playing to a different set of rules to the rest of us, but perhaps one of the bigots could come on and explain it for me?

Steve20
25-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Celtic are only doing this to put pressure on the ref ahead of the old firm match this weekend.

Celtic been hard done-by? Don't make me laugh. A truly despicable club.

JimBHibees
25-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Not going to happen, the ref's have already come out and told us they referee this game differently to others. I don't understand why both clubs should be playing to a different set of rules to the rest of us, but perhaps one of the bigots could come on and explain it for me?

Very good point. Complete cop out justification for a lack of backbone by the refs.

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2010, 09:43 AM
seriously, who the hell do they think they are???
Poor Celtic have had a few bad decisions against them? I'm sure the dodgy decisions they've had FOR them over the years vastly outweighs this!!!
Yes, the referees are poor currently, BUT, this affects every team in Scotland not just GlasgowCeltcFootballClub! :grr:

They seriously need to get over themselves, the vile bunch of bad losers that they are!!!! :grr:

Expecting Rain
25-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Celtic i suspect will be in a queue which involves us and the rest of the SPL excluding Rangers, who i`m sure must be ecstatic about the way that games are being handled.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-02-2010, 10:42 AM
The huns get every decision going and if they don't their media go crazy as they did with Conroy at Kilmarnock. That's Scottish football.

Mon Dieu4
25-02-2010, 11:54 AM

Thats not a recent thing they have done the same with Nish for years because of his speed :agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Thats not a recent thing they have done the same with Nish for years because of his speed :agree:

Anyone looking at that, would assume Keane was some sort of Ivan Sproule, when in fact he's just a player with average pace.:confused:

Mon Dieu4
25-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone looking at that, would assume Keane was some sort of Ivan Sproule, when in fact he's just a player with average pace.:confused:

Exactly what I thought when I read it

Tyler Durden
25-02-2010, 12:27 PM

To be honest, I can see their point. The linesmen in the SPL are appalling, time and again this season, Stokes and Riordan have been wrongly flagged offside and neither is particularly quick either.

Their inability to distinguish players being active or not is beyond a joke and when you compare this to watching an EPL game, it's like night and day. As is the SPL interpretation of the advantage rule. Which cost us the chance of a last minute winner in the New Year derby.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2010, 12:54 PM
To be honest, I can see their point. The linesmen in the SPL are appalling, time and again this season, Stokes and Riordan have been wrongly flagged offside and neither is particularly quick either.

Their inability to distinguish players being active or not is beyond a joke and when you compare this to watching an EPL game, it's like night and day. As is the SPL interpretation of the advantage rule. Which cost us the chance of a last minute winner in the New Year derby.

Nothing to do with Robbie Keanes pace though, it happens to every team, not just the smellies. Just another case of their paranoia, and another thing to add to their list that makes them victims

weecounty hibby
25-02-2010, 09:01 PM
There is no other club in world football who can play the victim like Celtic. There is no other club in world football who could with all sincerity claim that they are the victims of refereeing decisions. I would bet we could all name instances of coming away from a Hibs v Celtic game complaining of how we had been robbed by a "poor" refereeing decision.
This is tantamount to cheating and is like diving in the box, they are trying to con the ref even before the Glasgow derby starts at the weekend. I hate everything about that odious and obnoxious club even more than Rangers and possibly even more than Hearts.

Phil MaGlass
26-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Have you had a look at the Scotsdman poll on do you think the tic are getting a bum deal,they got 95% support,lets see if we can bump the 5% up a bit.

http://www.scotsman.com/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=80562

greenginger
26-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Have you had a look at the Scotsdman poll on do you think the tic are getting a bum deal,they got 95% support,lets see if we can bump the 5% up a bit.

http://www.scotsman.com/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=80562 (http://www.scotsman.com/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=80562)

I wonder how many Jack Regan re-incarnations voted ?

JimBHibees
26-02-2010, 10:14 AM
When you have a club run by clowns like Lawwell and Reid what do you expect. Pathetic and cringeworthy. Mowbray doesnt help himself either with crud like 'people outside the club with agendas trying to destabilise us'. Dear oh dear.

Celtc have had a number of decisions in OF games recently so quit the bleating and get on with the game. Bet there must be a part of Dougie the Hibby wanting to point to the spot in the last minute on Sunday at the Celtc end and follow through with a fingered salute. Maybe not. :greengrin

JimBHibees
26-02-2010, 10:15 AM

and ability.

poolman
26-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I think Sundays game will make for some good viewing

Some dodgy decisions, a few nasty injuries, couple of sendings off, Mcgregor getting punched in his other eye, Mowbray and Smith fighting on the touchline, Mcoist's hairpiece falling off and police horses on the park

Do for me :cool2:

KerPlunk
26-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I think Sundays game will make for some good viewing

Some dodgy decisions, a few nasty injuries, couple of sendings off, Mcgregor getting punched in his other eye, Mowbray and Smith fighting on the touchline, Mcoist's hairpiece falling off and police horses on the park

Do for me :cool2:

Really ? I'd have imagined it was more an agglomeration of Sue Barker's pubes.

JackRegan
26-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I wonder how many Jack Regan re-incarnations voted ?

I don't vote. Period. :greengrin

--------
26-02-2010, 10:57 AM
From the BBC website:

Former Celtic striker Scott McDonald says ref Dougie McDonald is more than capable of handling any extra pressure put on him for Sunday's Old Firm derby.

His former club this week expressed fears over refereeing standards. "It's quite convenient that this has all come out just before the game and it will certainly add pressure to the man in the middle," said McDonald. "But Dougie McDonald has been around for a long time, so he'll be more than ready for the game."

"Quite convenient" - aye, right, Scott.

I remember the former Grade One Referee Eddie Thomson (I'm back in the 70's now) telling me that the ONE club he had problems with trying on the mind-games before a big match was Celtic - Desmond White and Jock Stein and their pals in the Glasgow media. He said that if he was down for an OF game he had to take his phone off the hook all the week before, it got so bad - reporters, 'concerned fans', bully-bhoys....

And Eddie came from Edinburgh, yet managed to referee Hibs-Hearts games without major problems.

blackhibee
26-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Regardless of the timing, and the possible agenda that Celtic might have, to me it's a valid point in terms of the standard of refereeing in the SPL. I'm no fan of Celtic, or the bigotry that seems to follow them around, but if it means the SFA really do get up off their ***** and do something to sort the general problem out, not just celtic's, it's worth it. In any case this could quite easily have the reverse effect on Celtic, as special focus will probably be given to every tackle they make, and every offside or penalty decision. If people like Craig Thomson and Ewen Norris are the best referees we've got in Scottish football there's a lot to be worried about in my opinion.

--------
26-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Regardless of the timing, and the possible agenda that Celtic might have, to me it's a valid point in terms of the standard of refereeing in the SPL. I'm no fan of Celtic, or the bigotry that seems to follow them around, but if it means the SFA really do get up off their ***** and do something to sort the general problem out, not just celtic's, it's worth it. In any case this could quite easily have the reverse effect on Celtic, as special focus will probably be given to every tackle they make, and every offside or penalty decision. If people like Craig Thomson and Ewen Norris are the best referees we've got in Scottish football there's a lot to be worried about in my opinion.

I entirely agree about the quality of most of our senior referees right now (though I do think there has been a definite improvement in some cases this season).

The trouble is that when the subject gets raised by people like Vladdymare the Sub-Man and Murky McGhump and The Blessed St Tone of Parkhead who have a very obvious and personal agenda, or as in this case by 'anonymous sources' in clubs like Celtic who have a very obvious and personal agenda, the it becomes all too easy for the authorities to publicly dismiss criticism as nothing more than mind-games or whingeing.

Which defeats the purpose of everyone trying to improve the standards over the whole game.

Jim44
26-02-2010, 11:26 AM
If, as the SFA insist, all clubs are treated equally by referees and themselves, why have Celtic been allowed to hold confidential meetings to discuss their personal experiences with referees in Old Firm matches?

In the same vein, in an article where he says that criticism of referees is OTT and that they are only human, Jumbo Jim still manages to have a go at Craig Thomson for two 'mistakes' made against his team (KIllie) in matches against against Hibs and D. Utd. He goes on to hee-haw the notion that refereeing decisions tend to pan out over a season - "Pan out - that's just a trendy term they use. I've still to see it." Make your mind up, Jumbo, your either for them or against them. Do you mean that referees are only human and allowed to make mistakes as long as they don't involve your teams? :rolleyes:

JackRegan
26-02-2010, 11:28 AM
If, as the SFA insist, all clubs are treated equally by referees and themselves, why have Celtic been allowed to hold confidential meetings to discuss their personal experiences with referees in Old Firm matches?

In the same vein, in an article where he says that criticism of referees is OTT and that they are only human, Jumbo Jim still manages to have a go at Craig Thomson for two 'mistakes' made against his team (KIllie) in matches against against Hibs and D. Utd. He goes on to hee-haw the notion that refereeing decisions tend to pan out over a season - "Pan out - that's just a trendy term they use. I've still to see it." Make your mind up, Jumbo, your either for them or against them. Do you mean that referees are only human and allowed to make mistakes as long as they don't involve your teams? :rolleyes:

Upon until such times as Celtic had that meeting with the SFA, they were the last club in the SPL to do so. According to George Peat that is.

Big Frank
26-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Celtic have a point.

There is only one club who gets more decisions in Scotland - Rankgers.

Some of the decisions against Sellick in the OF games have been ridic.

However, my heart pumps piss for sellick:greengrin, because the rest of us get it worse than them. So, although it isn't both halves of Glasgows clubs getting upset, one will do. For now.