PDA

View Full Version : Is this prank taking it too far?

Rory89
24-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi,

My brother has given me a very good idea for a prank to pull on a friend on mine, I've asked a few people what they think and they've all agreed that whilst it would be very amusing for us, they weren't sure if it was a bit too harsh on the guy. Basically I've drafted up this announcement to go on Gumtree:

Alright guys,

Ah've got 2 tickets for the Celtic end fur the old firm game at Ibrox on Sunday, Ah'd love tae see the mighty Celtic beat Rangers but ah huv tae go on holiday with the wife, so I'll not be around. If any other Celtic minded people want 2 tickets at face value give me a call and I can meet you anywhere in Glasgow before Friday night. My number is (insert mobile number), and ahm around any time so just give us a call if you want the tickets.

Hail Hail,
Seamus.

Now I don't know anybody called Seamus, but the number I'd put in would be that of a big Rangers supporting mate who hates Celtic. He'd no doubt be confused and pissed off at all these "tims" phoning him, plus a few huns phoning to dish out some stick. My brother put an ad on Gumtree selling tickets for a small gig and got so many responses, so the amount of calls this guy would get would be collosal.

Is this taking it too far, or would it be worth it?

hibs is life
24-02-2010, 05:44 PM
that would be class go 4 it mate worth a bash let use no how u get on

.Sean.
24-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi,

My brother has given me a very good idea for a prank to pull on a friend on mine, I've asked a few people what they think and they've all agreed that whilst it would be very amusing for us, they weren't sure if it was a bit too harsh on the guy. Basically I've drafted up this announcement to go on Gumtree:

Alright guys,

Ah've got 2 tickets for the Celtic end fur the old firm game at Ibrox on Sunday, Ah'd love tae see the mighty Celtic beat Rangers but ah huv tae go on holiday with the wife, so I'll not be around. If any other Celtic minded people want 2 tickets at face value give me a call and I can meet you anywhere in Glasgow before Friday night. My number is (insert mobile number), and ahm around any time so just give us a call if you want the tickets.

Hail Hail,
Seamus.

Now I don't know anybody called Seamus, but the number I'd put in would be that of a big Rangers supporting mate who hates Celtic. He'd no doubt be confused and pissed off at all these "tims" phoning him, plus a few huns phoning to dish out some stick. My brother put an ad on Gumtree selling tickets for a small gig and got so many responses, so the amount of calls this guy would get would be collosal.

Naw mate, go for it :thumbsup:

H18sry
24-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi,

Alright guys,

Hail Hail,
Seamus.

The question you have to ask yourself is, would you like it done to you?
If you answered yes do it but if the answer is no .....................:wink:

1two
24-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi,

Alright guys,

Hail Hail,
Seamus.

haha go for it

Hainan Hibs
24-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Go for it:thumbsup:

Rory89
24-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Everyone in my flat is gettiing reeko and heading out tonight, so I may put it on after I've got myself a bit of Dutch courage. Only problem is if he gets 300 calls in the next 3 days and finds out it was me I won't be able to complain when I get 300 calls from gay guys asking me where I want to meet for a good time when he gains his revenge. :wink:

Cal 7-0
24-02-2010, 05:54 PM
If your mate can have a laugh do it, if he's bigger than you don't. My neighbours smaller than me hence the reason I painted all his front windows glass and all pink with homofc on them just in time for him getting back from holibob. :greengrin

Rory89
24-02-2010, 06:00 PM
If your mate can have a laugh do it, if he's bigger than you don't. My neighbours smaller than me hence the reason I painted all his front windows glass and all pink with homofc on them just in time for him getting back from holibob. :greengrin

He's smaller than me so that's a good start.

Thing is I've never seen him after he's had a prank pulled on him so how well he can take a joke is anyone's guess. It would be different if the lad upstairs supported Rangers, as he took it quite well when he went home for the weekend and left his door unlocked, only to come home and find we'd done all sorts of dispicable things to his room. :thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
24-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Great idea. Im going to try something aswell, dont know or what yet though

Bad Martini
24-02-2010, 06:16 PM
You do know there is many Gumtrees don't you? They apparently have sites all over the UK...JUST telling ye like :greengrin

Rory89
24-02-2010, 06:27 PM
You do know there is many Gumtrees don't you? They apparently have sites all over the UK...JUST telling ye like :greengrin

That's right, but if my brother selling a couple of tickets for a gig at The Corn Exchange can get such a high level of responses, then I'm sure putting this on Glasgow Gumtree 3 or 4 days before an OF game (in the away end) will get many a response.

Just noticed some bam is on there after tickets in the Rangers end, as will pay £300 for 2 or £150 for 1. :confused:

blueisthecolour
24-02-2010, 06:37 PM
That's right, but if my brother selling a couple of tickets for a gig at The Corn Exchange can get such a high level of responses, then I'm sure putting this on Glasgow Gumtree 3 or 4 days before an OF game (in the away end) will get many a response.

Just noticed some bam is on there after tickets in the Rangers end, as will pay £300 for 2 or £150 for 1. :confused:

He could just go to ibrox and get a late season ticket for about £100 and get all the game left at ibrox.

RickyS
24-02-2010, 06:38 PM

amazing how far a giro will stretch these days eh:greengrin

Rory89
24-02-2010, 06:39 PM
[/B]
He could just go to ibrox and get a late season ticket for about £100 and get all the game left at ibrox.

Then he'd have to go to some games which aren't old firm derbies, and we all know how much most Rangers and Celtic fans don't like doing that.

P.S just noticed Glasgow Gumtree has a "causal relationships" section, might be a good place to pull a prank next time one of you gets messed about by a lady friend.

mixumatosis
24-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Stick it on for a day (or less if you're feeling kind) then take it off. This way, if he gets hunners (see what I did there?) of calls and is raging, then at least you can point out that you removed it. If there's a limited response he should still get enough calls to cause him a dose of confusion and difficulty !

blueisthecolour
24-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi,

Alright guys,

Hail Hail,
Seamus.

The question you got to ask yourself is what will he do back, I had a mate who set his mate up by doing this sort of thing, a wii for £100 at this time they where gold dust, he in turn put is car up for sale, about 20k cheaper than it would go for, and also set him up on a dating site giving out his phone number, nearly caused a divorce.

blueisthecolour
24-02-2010, 06:43 PM
]Then he'd have to go to some games which aren't old firm derbies[/B], and we all know how much most Rangers and Celtic fans don't like doing that.

P.S just noticed Glasgow Gumtree has a "causal relationships" section, might be a good place to pull a prank next time one of you gets messed about by a lady friend.

Or just not go:wink:

Rory89
24-02-2010, 06:49 PM
The question you got to ask yourself is what will he do back, I had a mate who set his mate up by doing this sort of thing, a wii for £100 at this time they where gold dust, he in turn put is car up for sale, about 20k cheaper than it would go for, and also set him up on a dating site giving out his phone number, nearly caused a divorce.

Perhaps he need not know (insert evil laugh here).

You're right though, somebody would drunkenly tell him at one point or another.

Or just not go:wink:

No way is that possible, with the hordes of people praying on getting there hands on a precious ticket for a completely full Ibrox every week, there's no chance Lloyds would allow a season ticket for one of the best supported clubs in the world to go to waste like that.

If Only
25-02-2010, 09:42 AM

What kind of car was it?

Bad Martini
25-02-2010, 12:33 PM
What kind of car was it?

...a Bugati Veyron :greengrin ... folk on Gumtree really believed they'd get a £1m car for £22,000 fully taxed amd mot'd.:devil:

Teo10
25-02-2010, 01:20 PM
This happened to a friend of mine, but it was Rod Stewart tickets...

It was ****ing HILLARIOUS:faf::faf: He got atleast 50 calls within the first hour of it being posted!

Would defo go for it!

KerPlunk
25-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Doubt if he'd get many calls.

C'mon tae *****, Sellik fans cannae read.

:rolleyes: