PDA

View Full Version : Final game for the East set to be snowed off??

Mag7
24-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Snow has returned big style to Edinburgh. Non-stop since early morning. If it keeps up like it did earlier in the year the final game for the East Stand might be under threat.

Long suffering
24-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Ye but we had more snow than this for games such as rangers and hearts and they were on so id think it would be fine.

jdships
24-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Snow has returned big style to Edinburgh. Non-stop since early morning. If it keeps up like it did earlier in the year the final game for the East Stand might be under threat.

I live quite near the ground and the snow that is falling is more like sleet and there is little lying on grass
Forecast is good for Friday/Saturday

HFC 0-7
24-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Snow will be gone down ER way by Kick off. Its to rain tomorrow, light snow on friday and higher temps on Sat.

jgl07
24-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Not a chance that the match will be off unless there is a technical problem with the undersoil heating.

It is not as cold as earlier in the week. The canal was frozen solid but had partially thawed out this morning.

The undersoil heating can easily deal with a bit of snow. The problem is deep frost as St Johnstone found out last weekend.

Steve20
24-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Snow will be gone down ER way by Kick off. Its to rain tomorrow, light snow on friday and higher temps on Sat.

I think it's meant to snow tomorrow too.

No chance of the game being off, though. :thumbsup:

BVB-Hibby
24-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Please... mate... donīt make me nervous. My flight from Frankfurt to Edinburgh is booked and paid, same with my ticket for the game on Saturday... :wink:!

G15 Hibs
24-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Please... mate... donīt make me nervous. My flight from Frankfurt to Edinburgh is booked and paid, same with my ticket for the game on Saturday... :wink:!

Don't think there's any disruption at the airport due to the weather. Only problem I can see reported is industrial action by Lufthansa, so I guess it'll depend who you're flying with.

As for the game, it'll go ahead. As a previous poster said the Rangers and Hearts games both went ahead in the middle of the worst winter weather here for years, so I can't see there being a problem on Saturday.

BVB-Hibby
24-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Don't think there's any disruption at the airport due to the weather. Only problem I can see reported is industrial action by Lufthansa, so I guess it'll depend who you're flying with.

Yeah thatīs right, the pilots from Lufthansa were on strike on Monday.
But that is no problem for me anyway, I booked at Ryanair :wink:!

As for the game, it'll go ahead. As a previous poster said the Rangers and Hearts games both went ahead in the middle of the worst winter weather here for years, so I can't see there being a problem on Saturday.

Alright, thank you for the information...

Sir David Gray
24-02-2010, 06:03 PM

The game will be fine but I would say that the snow today has been more continuous and more relentless than any of the snow that we got in December/January was. I don't think it's stopped snowing in Falkirk for about 12 hours and it's still snowing now, although it has got lighter in the past few minutes.