PDA

View Full Version : Question Am I Alone?

Hanny
23-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Been going to Easter Road now for just over 20 years.

Started off getting lifted over the turnstiles in the old main stand, then moved to the terracing behind the goals.

Got my 1st season ticket when the Famous Five Stand opened and moved seats to the West after redevelopment a few years later.

Even watched a Scotland game from the away end once.

20 years and I've never been in the East Stand.

Just me?

--------
23-02-2010, 10:01 PM

Started off getting lifted over the turnstiles in the old main stand, then moved to the terracing behind the goals.

Got my 1st season ticket when the Famous Five Stand opened and moved seats to the West after redevelopment a few years later.

Just me?

Well, young man - YOU HAVE ONE LAST CHANCE TO DO THE DECENT THING AND RECTIFY THE OMISSION.

You know it makes sense. :cool2:

Leithenhibby
23-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Just me?

That is a real pity as I would say you have probably missed out on some of the best atmospheric areas in the country....:cool2:

Hope you are going to give it a taste on saturday...:devil:

Hanny
23-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Well, young man - YOU HAVE ONE LAST CHANCE TO DO THE DECENT THING AND RECTIFY THE OMISSION.

You know it makes sense. :cool2:

That is a real pity as I would say you have probably missed out on some of the best atmospheric areas in the country....:cool2:

Hope you are going to give it a taste on saturday...:devil:

Thinking about it :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I used to stand on the terrace when you were so far from the pitch you couldn't make out the players numbers. Later, I had a season ticket in the east then moved to the FF as soon as it was built. You may well be unique!

RickyS
23-02-2010, 11:37 PM

Just me?

You've never lived mate, you have to make sure you get there on saturday.
(remember to have a Jimmy White before you leave the hoose)

john18722
23-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I am almost in the same situation. I also have been going to Easter Road for about 20 years and also got my first season ticket in the Famous Five when it was opened.

The only time I had ever been in the east was for a Scotland v Finland friendly which I think Scotland won 1-0 (Darren Jackson).

I was at the Preston North End friendly earlier this season and was walking up St Clair Street thinking of as usual going to sit in the famous five upper but the east called to me that day so I decided to see what it was like.

Everyone wa standing and I got a few, that's my seat get to ****, looks from a few! But it was the first time, outside of a derby/old firm game that people around me were singing and enjoying themselves!!

Only problem was the crap view. I will definitely be looking to renew by season ticket for next season but for the new east.

hibs is life
24-02-2010, 12:49 AM
well am an east man best part about going 2 the footy will be takeing ma 4 year old son this sat for the last game in the east stand hope every 1 will be up and bounceing about in the east

jakki
24-02-2010, 12:56 AM
My only time in the East was when it was terracing. That was for the Real Madrid match. I stood at the half way line to see the skills of RM and I witnessed the skills of the Hibees that night :thumbsup:

greenlex
24-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Think you are unique. Having said that I reckon my last visit to the East Stand was Gordon Rae's testimonial.

emmjayfox
24-02-2010, 07:39 AM
The East stand used to be the place to be, no where near as noisy as a few years back.

TornadoHibby
24-02-2010, 09:32 AM

Just me?

If I were you I'd make sure I was in there on Saturday as the East is a bit special IMO, and that's coming from someone who has been going to ER for more years than I care to remember now, and I was lifted over the turnstile by my father when I started going when I was at primary school, and who now sits "sedately" :wink: in the West Lower! :cool2:

It's a bit like sitting amongst several "Billy Connolly" type comedians who will make your understanding of what is happening on the field and in respect of individual players far more interesting and amusing than anywhere else in the stadium IMO. :agree:

The "typical" Hibs away crowd contains a higher percentage of East fans than any other stand fans IMO and that is why the Hibs away crowd can be heard loud and clear at any away game where they are usually hopelessly outnumbered! :agree:

Don't take my word for it though, get in there and make yer own mind up about it! :wink:

MountcastleHibs
24-02-2010, 09:40 AM

Just me?

I've been going to Easter Road for about 14 years now and not once been in the East. I used to sit in the Famous 5, then moved to the West when it was opened.

fife hfc
24-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Even though I sit in the upper FF now the east, even with the pillars is the best part of the ground to get the whole game experience (as mentioned above the characters). The only reason I sit in the FF stand is because I take my 6 year old and I don't want him to pick up bad habits (well not from anybody but me:greengrin).

I love the fact that you can stand the whole game and the best atmosphere I have experienced since the eighties (and thats including the Athens game) was the Hearts 2-0 game when they were unbeaten. the place was absolutely bouncing and I remember the steward getting told where to go when trying to get people to sit down.

The upper tier of the FF stand is like a morgue sometimes and the the west looks even worst (remember when the in the old main stand the singing used to start in the upper North stand). Now only the East remains and I fear the last remnant of the old football tribalism will be gone from easter Road:boo hoo: as this is what gives footbal its atmosphere.

Earl o'Montrose
24-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Just me?

Probably :agree: At least among those on :hnet:
Get yourself in there for the St Johnstone game!

EDIT: just seen MountcastleHibs' post, so maybe you're not alone after all!

Hanny
24-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Got a ticket for the East this afternoon :cool2:

jacomo
24-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Got a ticket for the East this afternoon :cool2:

Oh dear God, what have you done?

:wink:

ahibby
24-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I've been in all four stands mate us many of us have, but haven't been in the East for about em twelve years at a guess. Hopefully will be in it on Saturday and if not I will be having my last look from the West or FF or anywhere I can get a seat really.

Malthibby
24-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Careful, Hanny, they'll steal your prawn sandwiches, & stand on your seat. There may even be singing.:agree:

Hanny
24-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Careful, Hanny, they'll steal your prawn sandwiches, & stand on your seat. There may even be singing.:agree:

:greengrin Should be interesting.

None of that uncouth behaviour in The West I'll have you know :wink:

Let's hope my one and only game in The East is a good one :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
24-02-2010, 08:47 PM

Just me?

I supose im a bit of a Hoor because ive been round them all several times :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-02-2010, 08:50 PM
No you're not alone, I've never been in the East either.

Although I am in a wheelchair so getting into the current East Stand might prove to be a tad tricky for me. :greengrin

basehibby
24-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Just wait a frickin minute! I'm a regular Eastie and from what I can gather from all these threads the world and his wife will all be trying to get in there on saturday and the likes of me (walk up fan this season) will be struggling to get in at all if I don't turn up half an hour early - stay away I tell yeez - you'll hate it - it's SHEIGHT - why the ****** d'ye think it's getting demolished anyway :grr::grr::bitchy:

TRC
24-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I took a friend to ER this season to see Hibs V Hamilton, 5-1 he is an Evertonian and we sat in the east great day he said he wished they had an atmosphere like that be sad to see it go

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 10:17 PM

Just me?

Last time i was in it was when HibbyAndy gave me tickets for the Huddersfield friendly:thumbsup:

That was also the last match my Wife attended :thumbsup:

woody47
24-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I hope all those visiting the east from the west bring some of their prawn sannies with them to share :thumbsup:
Lets hope for a good win as the bounce will be brilliant. :rockin::partyhibb

HibbyAndy
24-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Last time i was in it was when HibbyAndy gave me tickets for the Huddersfield friendly:thumbsup:

That was also the last match my Wife attended :thumbsup:

A remember that Jimmy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sproule scored and we won 1-0 :cool2:

iwasthere1972
24-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Ah Hartlepool not Uddersfield. :thumbsup:

I remember you offering the ticket on the day. :agree:

HibbyAndy
24-02-2010, 10:26 PM

Thats right it was Hartlepool :aok:

Youv got a good memory R :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Fkng 5 years ago :bitchy:
Cannae believe it !

Aye Hartlepool:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
24-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Used to sit in the East with my dad before I got my first season ticket in the FF Lower...

iwasthere1972
24-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Cannae believe it !

Or was it San Jose Earthquakes or Newcastle United? :faf:

HibbyAndy
24-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Cannae believe it !

Thats scary Jimmy!! Certainly doesnt feel like that :bitchy:

Time flys huh..

iwasthere1972
24-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Thats right it was Hartlepool :aok:

Youv got a good memory R :thumbsup:

Think Hartlepool has two players injured in that game due to Elton John making a mess of the pitch prior.

Aye it was £15 an naw. Petrie :grr:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
24-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Used to sit in the East with my dad before I got my first season ticket in the FF Lower...

Now you sit in the FF half pished eating pizza :hilarious

HibbyAndy
24-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Aye it was £15 an naw. Petrie :grr:

:greengrin

A gave Jimmy it for nowt..Even sent it special delivery :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
24-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Now you sit in the FF half pished eating pizza :hilarious

Some poor barsteward has to :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
24-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Am i the only one that's been in all 3 stands, bar the famous 5?

iwasthere1972
24-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Am i the only one that's been in all 3 stands, bar the famous 5?

Nope. I've done them all. :smug:

Upper and lower in all stands except the east when they would let me in the gantry. :greengrin

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Me anaw :greengrin

Dunbar end , Videoton or Liege , Sneddon nearly gets snapped in two.

Hibbie_Cameron
24-02-2010, 11:09 PM
The only part of the ground i have not sat in is the south upper. That will change next week:agree:

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Some poor barsteward has to :greengrin

No men without kids should ever show face in the FF Lower:bitchy:

Mon Gramo eh...

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Just realised that i have not been in been in the new South Stand !
I was in the Dunbar end :smug:

iwasthere1972
24-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Just realised that i have not been in been in the new South Stand !
I was in the Dunbar end :smug:

:faf:

ArabHibee
24-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I've been in all four stands mate us many of us have, but haven't been in the East for about em twelve years at a guess. Hopefully will be in it on Saturday and if not I will be having my last look from the West or FF or anywhere I can get a seat really.

I supose im a bit of a Hoor because ive been round them all several times :greengrin

Upper and lower in all stands except the east when they would let me in the gantry. :greengrin

Me anaw :greengrin

Dunbar end , Videoton or Liege , Sneddon nearly gets snapped in two.

But have any of you sat in the South as an away supporter, (as well as the other 3 stands)? :devil:

Ed De Gramo
24-02-2010, 11:17 PM
No men without kids should ever show face in the FF Lower:bitchy:

Mon Gramo eh...

I moved to the FF Upper in 2001 :wink:

sleeping giant
24-02-2010, 11:21 PM
:faf:

Making a night of it the night:greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
24-02-2010, 11:24 PM
But have any of you sat in the South as an away supporter, (as well as the other 3 stands)? :devil:

:agree: As a very young Saints fan :boo hoo:

thebakerboy
24-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Over nearly 60years at ER I think I have been in every part of the ground except the dugout. Currently sit in FF upper but apart from the climb it suits me. The East as it now is only a few times , once (friends ST Dundee and we lost ,poor last time Athens with nephew and what a night - bounce ya barstewards I was too old then - but what a night but we lost so not been back. Good luck guys will be watching from FF upper have fun, hope we give it a good farewell.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

pepe
24-02-2010, 11:40 PM

I have, Whitehill Welfare v Celtic in the cup. Didn't like watching them in my terrace one wee bit.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2010, 12:12 AM

I stood in the Dunbar End with Dundee United supporters sometime in the early 80's.

I was over here on holiday and hadn't been to Easter Road for a few years and was totally unaware of fan segregation at Easter Road. :doh: Getting dogs abuse from the East Stand and having to remain silent was not a good match experience. :grr:

Another time when I was in the East Terracing I queued for 10 minutes to get pies for me and the brother only to be told when I got to the front of the queue that they only sold match progs. :doh:

1875godsgift
25-02-2010, 02:39 AM
I've been going to Easter Road for 40 years and have only ever been in the old stand and the east terracing! Never been behind the goals at either end!
Is it a good view?! :greengrin