PDA

View Full Version : ***East Terracing Seats For Sale***

Mikey
23-02-2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100223/east-terrace-seats-for-sale_2262950_1974901

AugustaHibs
23-02-2010, 03:11 PM
No need for the spanners boys. :greengrin

Mikey
23-02-2010, 03:12 PM
What if you're not a season ticket holder in the East but you want to buy a seat? They're not all taken so there must be some going spare.

MacBean
23-02-2010, 03:47 PM
What if you're not a season ticket holder in the East but you want to buy a seat? They're not all taken so there must be some going spare.

exactly my thought...

Andy74
23-02-2010, 03:52 PM
exactly my thought...

Aye, I've been a ST holder in there longer than I've not so would be keen on a spare one too.

Jay
23-02-2010, 03:54 PM

I dont think it says just for season ticket holders - or am I reading it wrong. I think anybody can buy a seat.

RoslinInstHibby
But does that means you will get any seat, and not your own??

RoYO!
how much for a pillar? im looking to maintain that matchday experience by sticking one right in front of my telly

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I should have a few for sale on Sunday, for half that price.:devil:

Part/Time Supporter
23-02-2010, 03:56 PM
How much for the TV gantry? I suppose it could make a nice balcony.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2010, 03:57 PM
How much for the TV gantry? I suppose it could make a nice balcony.

:greengrin

:faf::faf:

Mikey
23-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Just to confirm, anyone can buy a seat.

Presumably if you fill in the seat details they'll check it against your name and make sure you get your seat. If you leave it blank you get what's left.

Hibby D
23-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Digressing a little here and whilst I like the idea of them selling the seats I also notice they're putting the names of all the current East Stand ST holders in Saturday's programme - good for those fans and ch ching a boom for Rodders :greengrin

MSK
23-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I wonder if they are selling those stinking latrines in the mens bogs....my yam mate is getting married soon ...:devil:

Hibstrooper
23-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I also notice they're putting the names of all the current East Stand ST holders in Saturday's programme

Isn't this a breach of Data Protection?

I don't want anyone knowing my real name is Sue (my dad thought it would help harden me up :wink:)

No but seriously this could be illegal.

green.and.white
23-02-2010, 04:16 PM
how much for a pillar? im looking to maintain that matchday experience by sticking one right in front of my telly

:faf:

James.
23-02-2010, 04:17 PM

I don't want anyone knowing my real name is Sue (my dad thought it would help harden me up :wink:)

At least it'll be hard evidence of who is an uberfan and who isn't. :wink:

Frazerbob
23-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Digressing a little here and whilst I like the idea of them selling the seats I also notice they're putting the names of all the current East Stand ST holders in Saturday's programme - good for those fans and ch ching a boom for Rodders :greengrin

IMHO that is a great idea and means I will buying the programme for the first time in years. At least I'll be getting my mates to buy it for me since I can't make the game on Saturday. :boo hoo:

Big Frank
23-02-2010, 04:20 PM

:faf:

:thumbsup:

hibbybrian
23-02-2010, 04:22 PM
At least it'll be hard evidence of who is an uberfan and who isn't. :wink:

Rod has allegedly sent e-mails to all non-east stand season ticket holders offer to include them on the list for 20 quid a pop :wink: :devil:

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 04:22 PM

:faf::faf:

Notice they are only for sale till Friday.

So 50% to youth development - 50% to the club ?

Sas_The_Hibby
23-02-2010, 04:48 PM
But does that means you will get any seat, and not your own??

I'd want to know EXACTLY who had been sitting on any seat I bought, along with a doctor's certificate, regarding specific transmittable infections.................. :greengrin

hibs0666
23-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Is anyone else bidding for the lavvies or am I getting a clear run at it?

Sudds_1
23-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Pah!! I'm waiting for the Uberfan list........

....wonder what the criteria for that will be? :devil::wink:

Jamesie
23-02-2010, 04:54 PM

I hope the club have taken good data protection advice on this one as I have a gut feeling they could be on a sticky wicket in printing that list...handy for any burgulars looking for a wee shift on a Saturday afternoon who can identify folk on the list with particularly unusual names :wink:

Sudds_1
23-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Oh come on Sue, we all know! remember that time you caught your stiletto heels in the gap between the seats? :devil::wink: Laugh? I nearly split ma tights! :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
23-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Well sue them then!

Sorry! :offski:

WarringtonHibee
23-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm tempted to some how get mine framed/boxed for hanging, depends how heavy it is really, I don't want to buy it for it to be sat in a cupboard.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2010, 05:12 PM
How many fans will be buying seats for the sole purpose of standing on them and shouting/singing abuse at the next door neighbours over the garden fence? :wink:

greenlex
23-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Cheaper option is to draw a wide line down your TV with a black marker. :agree:

ScottB
23-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I hope the club have taken good data protection advice on this one as I have a gut feeling they could be on a sticky wicket in printing that list...handy for any burgulars looking for a wee shift on a Saturday afternoon who can identify folk on the list with particularly unusual names :wink:

I would imagine when you sort out your season tickets there would have been a little box to tick or not tick as to whether your happy for your details to be used by the club for marketing purposes etc.

Scorrie
23-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I want the seat I nearly broke jumping up and down when Souness got sent off in 86! :greengrin

Jamie
23-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I want the seat I nearly broke jumping up and down when Souness got sent off in 86! :greengrin

Don't think their selling the concrete mate :grr:

TheMentalHibees
23-02-2010, 06:02 PM
What happens when you phone them up? Do you pay over the phone and reserve your seat?

Nakedmanoncrack
23-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I should have a few for sale on Sunday, for half that price.:devil:

If it's anything like the last game in the old West Stand nobody will bother waiting to buy a seat they'll just help themselves at full time, that's how I got mine.

.Sean.
23-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I heard they were sold to Aberdeen :wink:

Bad Martini
23-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Beware if some ropey sounding Lithuanian tries to buy up a job lot, asks for the pillars, the roof, the gantry, the kiosks and the ***** bovril.....its like a car boot sale gon mental ... not that Im implying they would buy or use our cast offs (mikey stewart) :greengrin

:devil:

Whilst were fur sellin stuff, can I have first bagsy on the Jag with the reg "El Tachio 1" :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
23-02-2010, 10:18 PM

:faf::top marks

iwasthere1972
23-02-2010, 10:54 PM

As I dunny ken if they are just your bog standard lavs you are more than welcome to them.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I cant get the file to download on hibs website can you go down to the office in person and buy a seat?

jgl07
24-02-2010, 01:34 AM
You will have a job on there as the seats in the East were only installed in 1994.

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 01:42 AM
You will have a job on there as the seats in the East were only installed in 1994.

:faf::faf: :devil:

IWasThere2016
24-02-2010, 03:54 AM
http://www.hibyernianfc.co.uk/news/20100223/east-terrace-seats-for-sale_2262950_1974901

I think I'll buy one for a Jambo plum I know. It'll be the only new seat he'll see for next umpteen years! :greengrin.

Beauty is - he's paying for it as I'd £10 bet with him that we'd build the East before Vlad's daydream stand/hotel/lego village :faf:

Betty Boop
24-02-2010, 09:21 AM

Following feedback from supporters, Hibernian FC confirmed that it would not be publishing all the names of the East Terrace Season Ticket Members in Saturday's Matchday programme.

Instead, each Member will receive a commemorative East Terrace certificate, signed by the Manager, recognising the contribution they made to the unique atmosphere in the old stand.

The certificates will be personalised to each Member and will be sent out directly in March.

Source:Hibernian | Hibernian FC | News | News | News | Celebrating the East Terrace

Ritchie
24-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Following feedback from supporters, Hibernian FC confirmed that it would not be publishing all the names of the East Terrace Season Ticket Members in Saturday's Matchday programme.

Instead, each Member will receive a commemorative East Terrace certificate, signed by the Manager, recognising the contribution they made to the unique atmosphere in the old stand.

The certificates will be personalised to each Member and will be sent out directly in March.

Source:Hibernian | Hibernian FC | News | News | News | Celebrating the East Terrace

NICE TOUCH!!! :top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
24-02-2010, 09:34 AM
gonna get one :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2010, 09:40 AM

The club were actually going to print a list of every person who says they have sat in the East but realised the figures just don't add up :wink:

Steve20
24-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I phoned, option 2, it rang for a while, then it cut me off. Happened twice.

Anyone ordered over the phone?

jacomo
NICE TOUCH!!! :top marks

Absolutely, but Yogi's going to be busy!

sambajustice
Whae in ****s name would want a crap bit of useless plastic sitting around their hoose?

My brother has one in the house from the last time seats were taken out and what a waste of space that is!

Avoid!

Cocaine&Caviar
24-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Whae in ****s name would want a crap bit of useless plastic sitting around their hoose?

My brother has one in the house from the last time seats were taken out and what a waste of space that is!

Avoid!

With the type of seat it is, it'd be pretty easy to attatch to a wall :thumbsup:

Green forever
24-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I phoned, option 2, it rang for a while, then it cut me off. Happened twice.

Anyone ordered over the phone?

You were lucky, I got message saying "mailbox full, zero , zero, zero" then cut off.

Jay
24-02-2010, 09:54 AM
You were lucky, I got message saying "mailbox full, zero , zero, zero" then cut off.

I've been phoning on and off for about an hour and get the same message. Wanted one for the wee boy's room (not the bog - his bedroom :greengrin)

MB62
24-02-2010, 10:05 AM
What happens when you phone them up? Do you pay over the phone and reserve your seat?

Aye, but you must be on the data base and it will be £1.50p per seat booking fee :wink: :greengrin

hibee62
24-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I've been phoning on and off for about an hour and get the same message. Wanted one for the wee boy's room (not the bog - his bedroom :greengrin)

I got the same, got through on the 3rd/4th try though and was easy. Just gave my client ref, seat number, card details and bob's your auntie's husband...

Jay
24-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Just got through.

An Leargaidh
24-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Just got through.

Me too! :thumbsup:

I had to phone the ticket line at least eight times and more annoying than the "mailbox full" message was attempt #6 and #7 when someone picked up the phone and you could hear them talking and someone said "nope" then put the phone back down :grr:

Anyway, undeterred I tried for attempt #8 and this time I was able to get my purchase made, the lassie even asked me if I had a specific seat in mind. Considering any time I was in the East and went to A) the burger stall, B) the bogs or C) after half time someone was always standing on the "seat" I'd been standing on so I was always standing on about 5 different seats during any one match :cool2:. I just told the lassie on the phone, any seat will do. £10 cost and no booking fee! :greengrin

Looking forward to bolting it to one of the kitchen chairs... :faf: wife will kill me!

bawheid
24-02-2010, 10:34 AM
The seats were put in about 1994 (?) at cheapest possible cost. It's not like they're some relic of the famous old stadium having witnessed the demolitions of Barcelona or Napoli. They're a cheap crappy bit of plastic and for that reason, I'm out.

If they're selling some of the actual materials which made up the east terracing, I'd be more interested. I'm envisaging a pile of broken up concrete with some spoil and mud sitting in the middle of my living room. Would look cool IMO. :cool2:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2010, 11:22 AM
you can pop into the office as well - someone was in whilst I was in the office doing that for her son based in the US.

"He wants a seat - no an actual seat" :greengrin

Were you the son that sent yer ma to get one for you and send it airmail? Raised an eyebrow at the office :agree::thumbsup::notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
24-02-2010, 11:24 AM
The seats were put in about 1994 (?) at cheapest possible cost. It's not like they're some relic of the famous old stadium having witnessed the demolitions of Barcelona or Napoli. They're a cheap crappy bit of plastic and for that reason, I'm out.

If they're selling some of the actual materials which made up the east terracing, I'd be more interested. I'm envisaging a pile of broken up concrete with some spoil and mud sitting in the middle of my living room. Would look cool IMO. :cool2:

And your welcome to that opinion :greengrin

Steve20
24-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Finally got through. :thumbsup:

Steve20
24-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Quite a few of us it would seem. :greengrin

Bad Martini
24-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Seats R Us...:thumbsup:

hibbymac
24-02-2010, 11:34 AM

You never been to Ikea then?? :duck::wink:

Bad Martini
24-02-2010, 11:41 AM

The Scottish Cup is a mere bit of scabby silver, moulded into what is a rather ugly looking trophy but I widnae say naw to that either :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Can you buy seats from the old east in person at the ticket office????

Bad Martini
24-02-2010, 11:59 AM

If ye fill in the form (printable from the fishy site), I think so...hand it in, with yer tenner. :agree:

MB62
24-02-2010, 12:00 PM

Avoid!

Never in a million years would I ever consider even giving a bad penny for such an item.
However, others have a different opinion to me and Rod has spotted a demand for them to make a few extra quid for the club.

Following on from 'Rod's 50p bid' maybe he should sign a seat and get the bidding started. In fact, why don't all the players sign individual seats and get the bidding started on them too?

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 12:06 PM
If ye fill in the form (printable from the fishy site), I think so...hand it in, with yer tenner. :agree:

Ok but i cant get the form to download :grr::grr:

H18sry
24-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok but i cant get the form to download :grr::grr:

Thats because your a thick trainspotter :devil:

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Thats because your a thick trainspotter :devil:

Yeah thanks for your help!

H18sry
24-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah thanks for your help!

Your welcome :wink:

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/East_Stand_Seats.pdf

Hermit Crab
24-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Still doesnt work:grr: but thanks anyway!:wink:

H18sry
24-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Still doesnt work:grr: but thanks anyway!:wink:

it works for me :greengrin

you can call 0844 844 1875 option 2 :wink:

MacBean
25-02-2010, 10:37 AM
what i want is one of the signs on the pilars. something about derogatory shouts... wonder if i emailed them i would get it!?

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I'll be having my seat from the 6-2 game, got the ticket stub! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-02-2010, 12:40 PM
what i want is one of the signs on the pilars. something about derogatory shouts... wonder if i emailed them i would get it!?

Tell them that you *******want the sign and if they don't ******* give you it you will go down and sort the ******** out. :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
25-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I'll be having my seat from the 6-2 game, got the ticket stub! :greengrin

Only problem is there is about 25 of each seat number!

Speedway
25-02-2010, 01:08 PM

Naw, the old east isn't in person at the ticket office, she sits round the other side of the ground, looking on worriedly at they JCBs.

Just phone the office to see if I could get the crush barrier I halved myself on when Souness was sent off in '86.

Apparently, it's not currently in stock.

Speedway
25-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Never in a million years would I ever consider even giving a bad penny for such an item.
However, others have a different opinion to me and Rod has spotted a demand for them to make a few extra quid for the club.

Following on from 'Rod's 50p bid' maybe he should sign a seat and get the bidding started. In fact, why don't all the players sign individual seats and get the bidding started on them too?

I reckon Rodders has missed a trick here.

He should be sending Maka round the east with poly bags and selling bags of genuine East Stand Atmosphere as witnessed during the 6-2 game and as signed by Franck Sauzee*

*then get Elaine Morrison to forge the signature.

down-the-slope
25-02-2010, 08:19 PM
to be honest I would want a set complete with steel supports to make a bench in the garden...id even make replica concrete piers.

To be honest I agree about sets in cupboards etc..if you don't have a real purpose and will use then pointless

My neighbour who is about 62 has a set of wooden seats from old trafford when redeveloped in front of his window in the garden...cracking they are too.

also somewhere I have a bit of seat from the stadium of light in lisbon:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-02-2010, 08:37 PM
My old boy phoned me today to say he went along to Easter Road this morning and bought me seat "B14" (My initial and first part of my birth date, i.e 14th April).

F****ng delighted :greengrin:greengrin

I was gutted that I won't be able to make it to ER on Saturday to give the old girl one last hurrah, now I can be content that one part of that old place will be with me in Southampton.

Me, sentimental? Of course.

Hermit Crab
26-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Anyone know how many seats have been sold or that are left????

NaeTechnoHibby
26-02-2010, 02:05 AM
The last time they done some work on the East and removed some rows for the camera's or somthing, my brother-in-law and his mates got to take their seats then :agree:

He then positioned them on the low level patio wall (was breezeblock width with bricks oan top IIRC), in his garden, where they remained for a good wee while :agree:

When the season re-started, it turned out that their seats were still there, so they are buying them again this time :agree:

Will be interesting to see what he does this time though, as he's changed house :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Anyone know how many seats have been sold or that are left????

Get doon or phone up the day mate it would be a shame to miss out.

Hermit Crab
26-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Get doon or phone up the day mate it would be a shame to miss out.

Yeah im going down today about 12 oclock. :greengrin