PDA

View Full Version : New East Stand: Capital Greens: Singing support etc

Mister P
23-02-2010, 03:04 PM
NOW is the time to communicate with the club to try to get some kind of dedicated area for singing support. maybe a specific area withinn the new east that fans are alerted is the singing section etc, and to buy their season tickets for that area.

:dunno:

RIP
23-02-2010, 04:26 PM
NOW is the time to communicate with the club to try to get some kind of dedicated area for singing support. maybe a specific area withinn the new east that fans are alerted is the singing section etc, and to buy their season tickets for that area.

Send an email to the Matchday Manager?

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 04:32 PM
This HAS to be in the new stand - All it needs is a section or 2 being called the supporters section - maybe a back corner so people can stand / bounce and not up set folk behind them.

Mikey
23-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Wait and see what the fans forums bring folks. They're coming soon.

Nameless
23-02-2010, 04:36 PM
The club can't endorse standing, or even be seen to tolerate it, so I very much doubt they will be forthcoming with any request.

As an aside to that, I think the idea of a dedicated "singing section" is cringeworthy. Out of interest, does anybody know of this idea actually working at any club that has adopted it? I remember Hearts were meant to have one in the Wheatfield, whatever happened to that?

Owain_1987
23-02-2010, 04:39 PM
The club can't endorse standing, or even be seen to tolerate it, so I very much doubt they will be forthcoming with any request.

As an aside to that, I think the idea of a dedicated "singing section" is cringeworthy. Out of interest, does anybody know of this idea actually working at any club that has adopted it? I remember Hearts were meant to have one in the Wheatfield, whatever happened to that?

Well at Cardiff they told fans were they could stand, so it seems you maybe wrong :greengrin

AugustaHibs
23-02-2010, 04:39 PM

like all of HOMOFC OTHER IDEAS.....:lurksub:

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 04:50 PM

I was waiting for the 1st reply like this :greengrin

Many teams around the world have supporters sections and they seem to work well.

Cringeworthy is when you go to a football game and there is no atmosphere :grr:

So instead of "standing section" - which won't be allowed.

Call it the "supporters section" - for example like they have at Newcastle and then allow these people to start the majority of songs and be allowed to sing for 90 mins without being given death stares.

Disc O'Dave
23-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I was waiting for the 1st reply like this :greengrin

Many teams around the world have supporters sections and they seem to work well.

Cringeworthy is when you go to a football game and there is no atmosphere :grr:

So instead of "standing section" - which won't be allowed.

Call it the "supporters section" - for example like they have at Newcastle and then allow these people to start the majority of songs and be allowed to sing for 90 mins without being given death stares.

This always reminds me of a post on the old Hibs-List discussion thingy....when a Yam was talking about a proposed singing section at tynecastle....up popped the response..

"they've always had a singing section at tynie - it's called the "away end"

Nameless
23-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I am all for better atmospheres at Easter Road, and I accept your point about calling it a supporters section, as opposed a singing section, that does make it sound less like a creche. I just feel that if it has come to the point where football clubs need specific sections of the ground where you are "allowed" to sing, then it is dead and buried for me. The minimum I expect when I am at the fotball is to hear a few songs.

Phil D. Rolls
23-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Perhaps we could hire a drummer, like Livingston did? Or maybe not.

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I am all for better atmospheres at Easter Road, and I accept your point about calling it a supporters section, as opposed a singing section, that does make it sound less like a creche. I just feel that if it has come to the point where football clubs need specific sections of the ground where you are "allowed" to sing, then it is dead and buried for me. The minimum I expect when I am at the fotball is to hear a few songs.

True - but this doesn't always happen and is getting less and less = something has to be done to enjoy the match day experience.

Nameless
23-02-2010, 05:17 PM

Did they hire him? I always thought he was on day release from somewhere.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2010, 05:33 PM
This HAS to be in the new stand - All it needs is a section or 2 being called the supporters section - maybe a back corner so people can stand / bounce and not up set folk behind them.

So what are the fans in the other sections called. :confused:

:bye: The Uberfan thread is in the Dug Out. :wink:

--------
23-02-2010, 05:41 PM

We could invite applications, and then kill anyone who responded.... :devil:

(Just kidding.)

The_Todd
23-02-2010, 05:45 PM

You mean like they don't "tolerate" it right now in the current East? :cool2:

At the end of the day, as long as the club provides an all seater stadium, the law does not say anything about the club forcing the fans to sit - if this wasn't the case there's no way we'd have been allowed to stand on our seats for all this time.

On the other hand a "singing" section doesn't necessarily mean "standing". Celtc and Arsenal are two teams off the top of my head I can think of as having semi-official "singing" sections, so there's no reason the club can't be seen to be accommodating in this way.

capitals_finest
23-02-2010, 06:41 PM
The ultras thing doesn't work nor would any official singing section. The east stand IS the singing section! Everyone who goes in there should be up for a sing song and get the atmosphere going.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2010, 06:48 PM
The ultras thing doesn't work nor would any official singing section. The east stand IS the singing section! Everyone who goes in there should be up for a sing song and get the atmosphere going.

:agree:

Mister P
23-02-2010, 10:26 PM

True - but this doesn't always happen and is getting less and less = something has to be done to enjoy the match day experience.

exactly...it doesnt happen for whatever reason.
theres always posters on here talking about the cucumber/prawn sandwich brigade in the FF, or the sweetie ruslters in the west, so theres obviously a NEED for something to change it. this could be the perfect opportunity to change it for the better, this chance could slip by very easily.

"cringeworthy", why, why be embarrased about taking active steps to make something happen?

in life there's talkers and do'ers!!!!

Im a do'er :greengrin but unfortunately I work saturdays so couldn't commit to taking an active role in this...otherwise id be all over it like a rash:agree:

it should be simple, you get 1 person willing to do the donkey work, collect contact details for anyone who'd like to be considered for it. get the club to hear you out and create a seperate season ticket list for anyone who wants to be part of it to ensure theyre all in the same general area of the stand...then...thats it. you could take it a step further and create a community of some sort, messageboard or newsletter etc for anyone who wants to sign up for it, a simple way to communicate with everyone.

Is it needed?

MacBean
23-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Wait and see what the fans forums bring folks. They're coming soon.

I remember you mentioning something like this to me last month when Keekaboo and I failed miserably trying to organise Green Day.

I'd love to get right behind organising something like the Capital Greens and get involved as much as i can.

Mister P
23-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I remember you mentioning something like this to me last month when Keekaboo and I failed miserably trying to organise Green Day.

I'd love to get right behind organising something like the Capital Greens and get involved as much as i can.

do it then mate....trust me once you start it will snowball :wink:

MacBean
23-02-2010, 10:46 PM
do it then mate....trust me once you start it will snowball :wink:

I didnt get the best of responses last time round i dont have great connections etc. a foot in the door will be great!

Mister P
23-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I didnt get the best of responses last time round i dont have great connections etc. a foot in the door will be great!

all u have to do is get a list of contact details for anyone who would like to be involved, names numbers and email addys. a simple online form can be set up (I can do that for you)

don't be put off by any negativity, you will always get that from any endevour you undertake...just keep going. if 10% of the fanbase agree with you, going on an average gate of 12,000 then thats still 1,200 people who agree with you....what a feekin noise that would make :wink:

once you have a reasonable list, say 200-300 people, contact the club and propose your idea to them. surely if enough fans are interested its in the clubs best interest to help you. theres no detriment i can think of to the club:dunno:

monktonharp
23-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Perhaps we could hire a drummer, like Livingston did? Or maybe not.are there not a few that would prefer a flute?:yawn:

monktonharp
23-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I just hope the new"east" isnae filled wi' bairns,continually going for pizzas,lassies texting each other when they are probably 6 seats away fi' each other,or playing games on phones,listing to they ipod things etc. yer at the f/kin' fitba' .........comment/sing/make a noise/watch the game ,ffs,get involved.and nae sweetie paper rustlers please.

MacBean
23-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I will do john, once i get a few things sorted personally ill get on the case.:thumbsup:

Thigh ar la
23-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Yes there is definitely nowhere else i would go than the East! So whether its the old stand, or the new one, it should remain the same in spirit and there should always be a place for everyone. Just simply understand that we do not all want to sit on our hands for 90 minutes. That tradition should always carry on no matter what anyone else says!:agree::bye:

MacBean
23-02-2010, 11:30 PM
a key contributor, as mentionted several times, is having all those willing to sing etc in the same section of the stadium. Will take some organisation as say we had 300+ members we would need 300+ ST's or allocated seats for our ultras.
We certainly have the ability and enough people willing to get it started and as mentioned we would need at least 100 committed people to get it kicked off.

proud_and_green
24-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I went to a test match between England and Pakistan at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. The Barmy Army were out in force and they had this one guy who appeared to be the Choirmaster - looked a right twat incidentally, however he bounced all over the place leading chants and the singing. Five days he did it for, non-stop.

The guy in the east a couple of weeks ago reminded me of him - not that he was a twat - but for his persistence in trying to get the green army chant going. Perhaps that's what it takes.

I also thought the Capital Greens - assuming that's who it was - did well at Murderwell on Sat.

SidBurns
24-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Watched the Stuttgart v Barca game last night, the Gerry's know how to support their teams thats for sure! On this basis, what about a guy with a megaphone!?! :wink:

Long suffering
24-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Off topic and a bit greedy considering we are just getting a new stand but do you think hibs would ever consider filling the corners in?

Nameless
24-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Off topic and a bit greedy considering we are just getting a new stand but do you think hibs would ever consider filling the corners in?

I'll ask:coffee:

Long suffering
25-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I'll ask:coffee:

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2010, 10:25 AM
a key contributor, as mentionted several times, is having all those willing to sing etc in the same section of the stadium. Will take some organisation as say we had 300+ members we would need 300+ ST's or allocated seats for our ultras.
We certainly have the ability and enough people willing to get it started and as mentioned we would need at least 100 committed people to get it kicked off.

Ive never understood why other parts of the ground don't sing? Sometimes the West sings but mainly in Derbies of OF Fixtures.

MacBean
25-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Ive never understood why other parts of the ground don't sing? Sometimes the West sings but mainly in Derbies of OF Fixtures.

i sit in the west upper and to be honest there is not a lot of singing but there are a few who try to get something going with a odd bit starting here n there. There is the usual cry of "hi-bees, hi-bees" coming from the stand too.

I think it may have something to do with those in the stands. the FF is a family stand so naturally has alot of kids who A. wont know the songs B. aren't interested in singing.

The West has a lot of supporters who are there to support thier team however are not particularly too bothered about singing. I personally want to join in the singing all the time when i hear a song coming from the East however i feel that i would make an erse of myself with those around me (including my dad) not joining in.

your right about the big games though, the atmosphere is really good in the big games and even against Dundee Utd and Aberdeen at home this season the west has had a good atmosphere. It doesnt necessarily have to be with singing just the buzz around the place can be enough to get you going including the shouting and emotion in everyone helps this aura around the stadium.

RIP
25-02-2010, 11:20 AM
When I was a home and away regular in the 70's we still relied on 'leaders' to start the sing-songs. That applied whether we were on the bus, in the pub, walking to the grounds or at the match. The leaders would be surrounded by a few hundred, alcohol-fuelled lads in fine voice

Most of these leaders are now eligible for Saga Holidays. Nowadays most home fans avoid the pub and drive tae the match.

It's whole different ball game singing sober and that I think is the main reason why home stands are so silent. Away fans often use public transport or supporters buses and make an awayday out of it - pints and singing.

Don't know - just my take - anyone else agree?

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2010, 12:02 PM
When I was a home and away regular in the 70's we still relied on 'leaders' to start the sing-songs. That applied whether we were on the bus, in the pub, walking to the grounds or at the match. The leaders would be surrounded by a few hundred, alcohol-fuelled lads in fine voice

Most of these leaders are now eligible for Saga Holidays. Nowadays most home fans avoid the pub and drive tae the match.

It's whole different ball game singing sober and that I think is the main reason why home stands are so silent. Away fans often use public transport or supporters buses and make an awayday out of it - pints and singing.

Don't know - just my take - anyone else agree?

Genuine question, do folk really need alcohol consumption before they will sing?

Keith_M
25-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Genuine question, do folk really need alcohol consumption before they will sing?

...asks the guy with a username of Delabooze.

:faf:

hibee-shtuggie
25-02-2010, 12:22 PM

if everyone in a crowd is singing no alcohol consumption is fine. having experienced both sober and drunk match days in the east i do know that when steaming you do sing louder and bounce more and generally bam up the away fans more... (just my personal experience)

Keith_M
25-02-2010, 12:28 PM
OK, I'll have a bash at nominating a section for the "more vociferous"/vocal/mental fans**, then you can all decide if it's a goer.

Middle three sections, upper 15 rows (top half).

What d'yall think?

** Choose a description that suits you :wink:

Lmc2105
25-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I think a lot of people who want to change the atmospehere at the game should all get behind this and maybe as the young guy said hfc_1875 get a list of name and stuff and get these guys together next season so at least you have a few people all at the same part of the stadum trying to make a difference for one i would be there in a heart beat as i am sure there will be a few more Hibees up for a sing song!

Good idea wee man keep it going!:thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2010, 12:47 PM
OK, I'll have a bash at nominating a section for the diehard fans, then you can all decide if it's a goer.

Is there an entrance exam?

Keith_M
25-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Is there an entrance exam?

Yes, and you've failed already by not knowing that.

:wink:

I've changed the description to remove the word 'diehard'. No offense was intended in using this adjective (I don't even sit/stand in the East!).

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2010, 02:47 PM
...asks the guy with a username of Delabooze.

:faf:

I am teetotal just for your information.....:wink:

C I Hibee
25-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Single tier stand will also be ideal for the passing of very large flags ( half time ) :agree:

Mister P
26-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Single tier stand will also be ideal for the passing of very large flags ( half time ) :agree:

you got yer wish them :greengrin