PDA

View Full Version : Miller Appeal

hibee62
23-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed but doesn anyone know if we are appealing Miller's red card? Seemed very harsh to me and would be worth the appeal.

J-C
23-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed but doesn anyone know if we are appealing Miller's red card? Seemed very harsh to me and would be worth the appeal.

A small piece in the Rantic said Yogi's concidering it and has till end of today to do it.

Martin
23-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't see the point of doing so, the ref will look at it again and will say he believes it is correct and then it costs us an extra £1k... so what's the point really.

If it went to an independant panel..... then yeah we should

hibee62
23-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't see the point of doing so, the ref will look at it again and will say he believes it is correct and then it costs us an extra £1k... so what's the point really.

I agree to an extent, but there may be a principle in appealing, ie. we wont be put off by the crap system because we think you are wrong.

I also dont understand how they can charge so much, unless everyone on the panel are paid £300 a minute...

Sean1875
23-02-2010, 02:25 PM
If we appeal will that not mean hell miss the derby of decision isnt overturned?

Golden Bear
23-02-2010, 02:25 PM

:agree:

A typical amateurish arrangement where the ref acts as both the judge and jury.

Peevemor
23-02-2010, 02:28 PM
:agree:

A typical amateurish arrangement where the ref acts as both the judge and jury.

... as well as the accused.

Earl o'Montrose
23-02-2010, 02:34 PM
If we appeal will that not mean hell miss the derby of decision isnt overturned?

I may be mistaken, but I think it means that he WILL become elegible to play in the derby, as the red card will now be 'pending an appeal'. If the red card is upheld then, yes, he will be suspended for the next game. So it might be in our interests to appeal so that we can have him for the derby. Cynical maybe, but then everyone else does it.
As I said, I'm really not sure though if this is the case :dunno:

Golden Bear
23-02-2010, 02:35 PM
... as well as the accused.

And the appeal panel.

So much for human rights legislation

:wink:

hibee62
23-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think it means that he WILL become elegible to play in the derby, as the red card will now be 'pending an appeal'. If the red card is upheld then, yes, he will be suspended for the next game. So it might be in our interests to appeal so that we can have him for the derby. Cynical maybe, but then everyone else does it.
As I said, I'm really not sure though if this is the case :dunno:

I think at present he has a ban for the red and one for going through the points barrier. The one for a red comes in straight away (misses the game against St. Johnstone) while the second comes in 2 weeks after the offence. So, he would likely miss next week's game too, Kilmarnock.

If we appeal and it takes until next week for it to be heard, then he can play this weekend and would then miss the following two games I assume, so would miss Kilmarnock and Hearts (only straight red bans carry over to cup, not accumulative bans). On the other hand, they could hear the appeal before Saturday then it makes no difference.

I think thats the case but I'm not sure...

PC Stamp
23-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Any appeal would probably be heard before the weekend. There's usally only an issue with appeals being delayed at holiday times.
As it stands he misses St Johnstone & Killie and would continue to do so unless the appeal is upheld in which case he wouldn't miss any games.