PDA

View Full Version : Entry/exit to new East Stand.

--------
23-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Just a thought.

How many generations of Hibs supporters have left the East terracing by the big sliding gates and reached up to touch the top of the gateway for luck? I do it every time I'm in the East - it's a habit, and everyone around me seems to do it too.

I do hope that access to the concourse behind the new stand will somehow incorporate that same gateway and let us continue the tradition.

PLEASE? :cool2:

Delboy*
23-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I put somethin about that on my form when they were askin our views.
Keep the tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedway
23-02-2010, 12:53 PM
It will now be a gate featuring a mural of Rod made up from a collage of tiny pictures of positive pregnancy tests of those whom RP has winked at over the years.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Just a thought.

How many generations of Hibs supporters have left the East terracing by the big sliding gates and reached up to touch the top of the gateway for luck? I do it every time I'm in the East - it's a habit, and everyone around me seems to do it too.

I do hope that access to the concourse behind the new stand will somehow incorporate that same gateway and let us continue the tradition.

Always do - always have. :thumbsup:

Wembley67
23-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Aye but how much luck has it brought us :cool2:

--------
23-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Aye but how much luck has it brought us :cool2:

We're here, we're solvent, and we're the Hibees.

And the best is yet to come. :notworthy:

Wembley67
23-02-2010, 01:01 PM
We're here, we're solvent, and we're the Hibees.

And the best is yet to come. :notworthy:

True :greengrin

_hucks_
23-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I put somethin about that on my form when they were askin our views.
Keep the tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye, I did the same. I somehow doubt they'll keep it like that though, doesn't present a modern image.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Someone on here a while back did a make up of a Hibs - Liverpool like gate, looked very smart.

Speedway
23-02-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.edinburgh.pubs.freeuk.com/pics/eroad.gif

So long as it doesn't look like this.

--------
23-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Aye, I did the same. I somehow doubt they'll keep it like that though, doesn't present a modern image.

Stuff "modern image". I want my gateway! :boo hoo:

steakbake
23-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I hope they put the "Pict" sticker on the new gates. If not, I'll gladly oblige.

Jack
23-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Will gate 33 still be there? Its my lucky gate :rolleyes:

MSK
23-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Stuff "modern image". I want my gateway! :boo hoo:Aye ..it took me bloody years to reach that gate so i could "slap" it ...:greengrin

_hucks_
23-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Stuff "modern image". I want my gateway! :boo hoo:

I agree likes, but I get the feeling that they'll want the best access as is possible, so wont have gates in the way there given that the turnstyles will be part of the stand. It'd be sad to see them go and hopefully the club will have a sense of traditionalism and keep them somewhere at least.

cockneymike
23-02-2010, 03:42 PM
If we couldn't get the old gates, could we not get some form of 'Turnbull/ Baker/ Stanton' gates in their place?

7Hero
23-02-2010, 03:49 PM
So you've all been touching it for "luck" have you...

GONNAE NO DAE THAT

its obviously not been working, thankfully it will be removed and not rubbed prior to next scottish cup game (PHEW !!)

:wink:

Cal 7-0
23-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Probably not keep the gate too many trip hazards as the newbie Eastie's put down there tartan blankets to touch it.:devil:

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Possible gates like these ?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=169254

pandahfc
23-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I have always done the same every time I leave ER. Also do the same when going to see Scotland at Hampden. Just something I have always done and will continue to do.

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Auckland Hibs
23-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Just a thought.

I've always reached up and touched it after the game, but only when we win or draw, never when we lose :agree:

capitals_finest
23-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Great shout about keeping the gate....

another thing i love about that place. :boo hoo:

.Sean.
23-02-2010, 06:38 PM
A great idea in regard to turnstiles would have been to have the turnstiles/gate at the end similar to where they are now, and a big area behind the stand like the West.

Would certainly have kept with recent tradition of slapping the gate at full time :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
23-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Possible gates like these ?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=169254 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=169254)

Post 17 on there, what i was refering to earlier.

Bad Martini
23-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Just a thought.

Sorry Doddie, am having that gate, the bit above and aw else along with the entire row H including seat 07 and, whilst at it, I'm thinking I'll take some flash cars and maybe a weeks supply of pie n bovril....Im sure it says clearly on my form for the seat I can have "OTHERS" (am thinkin am puttin that in this category of others) :greengrin

--------
23-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry Doddie, am having that gate, the bit above and aw else along with the entire row H including seat 07 and, whilst at it, I'm thinking I'll take some flash cars and maybe a weeks supply of pie n bovril....Im sure it says clearly on my form for the seat I can have "OTHERS" (am thinkin am puttin that in this category of others) :greengrin

Aw well.....

It was a nice thought. :boo hoo:

Forthview
24-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I've always thought that the slapping of the gate frame was pointless and stupid as its just a frame to stop vandals getting in, I assume it is all part of the great East stand matchday experience; singing, standing-up and preventing other guys from seeing the game, illegally smoking and thinking you are more of a Hibby than supporters in other parts of the stadium. Whatever.
:yawn:

Wembley67
24-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I've always thought that the slapping of the gate frame was pointless and stupid as its just a frame to stop vandals getting in, I assume it is all part of the great East stand matchday experience; singing, standing-up and preventing other guys from seeing the game, illegally smoking and thinking you are more of a Hibby than supporters in other parts of the stadium. Whatever.

Easy on toss boy.

Forthview
24-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Toss boy,
is that East stand speak for something?

Alan62
24-02-2010, 12:55 PM

Slapping the gate is many things but it is never stupid. If anything it is a symbolic gesture indicating that the slapper has a very special relationship with the building. It's a public display of affection and, at the very least, a fond farewell with a promise to return.

And fond slaps are not just confined to the East Stand gates. I'm a West Stand dweller these days but I still tuck my tartan blanket under my arm and reach up to pat the door lintel on the way out. I'm not alone - hundreds of people keep up the tradition all over the ground and always have done.

Wembley67
24-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Toss boy,

Behave.

Cal 7-0
24-02-2010, 01:07 PM

Oooh hark at you, lighten up mate having a bad day.

Forthview
24-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually I'm having a good day, I've just returned from an enjoyable holiday and was catching up on the East stand news as the development was announced when I was abroad. I thought I might have been allowed to be bored with the East stand love-in but it seems not, I'm also bored with the likes of Mr Wembley and his responses to other peoples opinions. I used to call people names, I think the last time I was in primary 2 or maybe 3.
The East stand is a dump, good riddance.

jacomo
24-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Actually I'm having a good day, I've just returned from an enjoyable holiday and was catching up on the East stand news as the development was announced when I was abroad. I thought I might have been allowed to be bored with the East stand love-in but it seems not, I'm also bored with the likes of Mr Wembley and his responses to other peoples opinions. I used to call people names, I think the last time I was in primary 2 or maybe 3.

Jeez you are miserable.

Do tell us where you went on holiday, I'm dying to go on and on about why it's a rubbish destination. :yawn:

persevere1875
24-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Did you not get it while you were away ?? Or are you in fact my mate Dan who now hasnt had it for an incredible four and a half years ?? No-one has to get the "love in" as you put it with the East Stand, It is what it is, bit like Marmite, I'm sure there are things in your life your obsessed with that no one else gets but that doesnt excuse people berating or be-littleing the obsession, some people are just superstitious

.Sean.
24-02-2010, 04:18 PM
You still pissed off with that lump of coal you got for christmas?

What an erse.

Cal 7-0
24-02-2010, 04:38 PM

I'd hate to hear you on a bad day then bud, were you banged up abroad perchance. Anyhow some love the East some don't its all about opinions be bored if it tickles yer fancy, I for one will miss it but onward and upward. I also can't believe you haven't name called since Primary 2 big fatty tomatty.:dummytit:

Petrie's Tache
24-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Toss boy,

I believe it is "East Stand speak" for Toss boy. However I may be mistaken?

Liam89
24-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I do it too, if i could reach.. :boo hoo:

Nakedmanoncrack
24-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Slapping the gate is many things but it is never stupid. If anything it is a symbolic gesture indicating that the slapper has a very special relationship with the building. It's a public display of affection and, at the very least, a fond farewell with a promise to return.

And fond slaps are not just confined to the East Stand gates.

:agree:
I sit in the West these days but am still very much a slapper, it's something I do without thinking, and it's only when reading through the likes of this that you realise that it's become an essential part of the matchday ritual. The East Stand faithfull need have no fears that when the gates go this will die, I'm sure you'll do as we do in the West and reach overhead as you pass through the exits keeping the tradition alive.