PDA

View Full Version : cup final 1979

RoslinInstHibby
23-02-2010, 11:34 AM
can anyone tell me the team sheet for that day??? :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
23-02-2010, 11:41 AM
can anyone tell me the team sheet for that day??? :thumbsup:

No, but think it's three team sheets you'll be wanting.

Hibs Class
23-02-2010, 11:46 AM
First game:

McArthur
Brazil
Duncan
Bremner
Stewart
McNamara
Hutchinson
McLeod
Campbell
Callaghan
Higgins

Hibs Class
23-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Rae then replaced Hutchinson for the first replay, and Hutchinson back in for the second replay

RoslinInstHibby
23-02-2010, 11:52 AM
No, but think it's three team sheets you'll be wanting.

erm yeh, i suppose i am, although the third would be much appreciated.

Hiber-nation
23-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Did Stevie Brown not start the 1st replay? Think he was one of the youngest players ever to play in a Cup Final.

Hibs Class
23-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Did Stevie Brown not start the 1st replay? Think he was one of the youngest players ever to play in a Cup Final.

I picked up the teams from the SFA website, according to which he was a sub in that game but came on for Tony Higgins.

RoslinInstHibby
23-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Rae then replaced Hutchinson for the first replay, and Hutchinson back in for the second replay

cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
23-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I picked up the teams from the SFA website, according to which he was a sub in that game but came on for Tony Higgins.

Cheers, I remember him running down the left wing. Seemed to disappear from Hibs as quick as he made the team.

Stonewall
23-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Cheers, I remember him running down the left wing. Seemed to disappear from Hibs as quick as he made the team.

Main thing I remember is getting cheated out of a penalty at the end of the 1st game.

Being charitable I'd say the referee bottled it.

Still hurts!

Bostonhibby
23-02-2010, 06:56 PM

:agree:good player, played at youth level with my mate who said he was the best he had played with - highly thought of at the time and was earmarked for bigger things, was captain of the reserves / youth side, think he ended up in non league after Hibs (?) maybe went to CS strollers or Edinburgh Thistle?

mim
23-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Main thing I remember is getting cheated out of a penalty at the end of the 1st game.

Still hurts!

:agree:

Peter McCloy trying to halve Colin Campbell. :grr:

If it wasn't a penalty, there has NEVER been a penalty in the history of the game.

The officials were just the same 30 years ago - inept or corrupt - take your pick.

The only consolation is that we would have missed the penalty, otherwise our Scottish Cup record would have been ruined. :wink:

tony higgins
23-02-2010, 07:00 PM

Still hurts!

Brian McGinlay, another in a long line of green and white haters.
A barstewrd of the highest order..

Nakedmanoncrack
23-02-2010, 10:17 PM

Still hurts!

I was at the the first game but was only 8 so can’t claim to recall the penalty claim in any detail, since then it’s become accepted as a terrible decision that cost us a great chance to win the cup. But has anyone actually seen the incident since?? Most people on here will never have seen it, would be good to see again but I’ve looked on Youtube and there’s nothing from any of the three games.

Hibs Class
24-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I was at the the first game but was only 8 so can’t claim to recall the penalty claim in any detail, since then it’s become accepted as a terrible decision that cost us a great chance to win the cup. But has anyone actually seen the incident since?? Most people on here will never have seen it, would be good to see again but I’ve looked on Youtube and there’s nothing from any of the three games.

I was also at that game, and was almost 12 and three quarters, I recollect the incident and it was a definite pen. :agree: