View Full Version : New stand won't cut spending on players

Hank Schrader
23-02-2010, 12:01 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-told-East-Stand.6095112.jp

Thats what I like to hear :greengrin

MacBean
23-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by John Hughes - Quoted in the Scotsman

The work will take the capacity up to 22,000 and hopefully that will mean Easter Road is louder than ever.

EH!?? thought it was 20,250?

IWasThere2016
23-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Cannot access online - does it mention increased selling? :devil: :wink:

Hank Schrader
23-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Cannot access online - does it mention increased selling? :devil: :wink:

Not sure TQM but this bit did catch my eye;

Although Hughes was pleased that there would be no restriction in his spending on players he did admit he was likely to lose star players such as Anthony Stokes, Liam Miller, Sol Bamba, David Wotherspoon, Merouane Zemmama and Derek Riordan in order to fund the building of the stand.

:devil: :fibber:

There is a bit mentioning how the money has been "ring fenced" for some time so there is no need to sell now to fund the project. Must be gutting for the Jambos.

john18722
23-02-2010, 02:25 PM
This is very good news. They must have put aside a fair chunk from various player sales over last few years for both the New East and the Training Ground. Doesn't it feel great to know that the few years of misery of not making any reasonable signings appears to be completely over and that things can only move onwards and upwards from here

Andy74
23-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I never noticed a wedge of cash sitting in the accounts!

I'm sure we have some cash reserves for it but not much. By ring fenced I'd imagine they really mean they have allocated some budget to the financing of it and that this is separated from the playing budget. I'd assume we will be increasing the mortgage but we are happy that it is servicable.

GreenOnions
23-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Was there not some debate on here about whether or not the last HFC accounts showed £1m+ of transfer fees still to be received by us for transfers out? The consensus was that Burnley still had to pay us a slice for Fletch.

MacBean
23-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Was there not some debate on here about whether or not the last HFC accounts showed £1m+ of transfer fees still to be received by us for transfers out? The consensus was that Burnley still had to pay us a slice for Fletch.

:agree:

and celtic for brown

EasterRoad4Ever
23-02-2010, 07:37 PM

Don't you believe it. Even Hibs can't absorb that level of funding without it impacting on the future playing staff. Rod will be in saving mode again.

Mikey
23-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I never noticed a wedge of cash sitting in the accounts!

It's paid for.

There wasn't £5m sloshing about in the accounts prior to the Training Centre being built and it's paid for.

WindyMiller
23-02-2010, 07:44 PM

I'm sure we have some cash reserves for it but not much. By ring fenced I'd imagine they really mean they have allocated some budget to the financing of it and that this is separated from the playing budget. I'd assume we will be increasing the mortgage but we are happy that it is servicable.

This may be the money that was 'made available' for us to draw from to build/buy East Mains, but wasn't needed due to the mass of players sold. So not in the accounts but there to borrow if needed (i.e. no players sales).