PDA

View Full Version : Are Hibs obliged to allow away fans into the ground?

Alicky Ranks
23-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Once the ground is temporarily reduced to three stands, do we actually HAVE to allow away fans to attend? I recall an Old Firm game (can't remember if it was at Celtic Park or Ibrox) a number of years ago where there were no away fans in the ground for some reason. It would certainly make for a more pleasant viewing experience at a derby or a game against the Old Firm if there were no away fans their to pollute the atmosphere.

Keith_M
23-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes, under SPL rules the home club must allow 5% of the capacity to visiting fans, unless the visiting club says they don't need that much (as Hibs do at Ibrox).

That means that Hibs are obliged to give away fans 700 seats during re-development.

DavieRoy
23-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Back in 2000/01 during our last stadium reconstruction Hearts, Rangers and Celtic were given 900 tickets. Problem then was Hibs didn't even fill there own sections despite sitting 3rd in the table and having reached the Scottish Cup Final. I would give the away support around the same but I would hope our support turns out this time!

Franck is God
23-02-2010, 11:30 AM
for the remaining league fixtures this season away sides will get half the lower tier of the South Stand.

Ross County may get a bit more as rules in the cup are different but I suppose it depends on how many tickets they ask for.

The stadium capacity will still be best part of 14k and considering the number of stay away fans we have this year it shouldn't be an issue for the home fans either.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Once the ground is temporarily reduced to three stands, do we actually HAVE to allow away fans to attend? I recall an Old Firm game (can't remember if it was at Celtic Park or Ibrox) a number of years ago where there were no away fans in the ground for some reason. It would certainly make for a more pleasant viewing experience at a derby or a game against the Old Firm if there were no away fans their to pollute the atmosphere.

IIRC that was at Ibrox. The Celtic fans snapped loads of seats in their stand during the first meeting. Rangers told them to pay up or they would get no tickets for the second Ibrox fixture that season, they refused to pay, hence no fans. I also remember one idiot celtic fan got into the rangers end and jumped up to reveal his celtic top under his jumper wen they scored. Im sure he got both battered and chucked out :greengrin

Peevemor
23-02-2010, 01:25 PM
IIRC that was at Ibrox. The Celtic fans snapped loads of seats in their stand during the first meeting. Rangers told them to pay up or they would get no tickets for the second Ibrox fixture that season, they refused to pay, hence no fans. I also remember one idiot celtic fan got into the rangers end and jumped up to reveal his celtic top under his jumper wen they scored. Im sure he got both battered and chucked out :greengrin

It was JC that scored for Celtc with a curled free kick (wearing his 'new' Adidas predator boots).

jgl07
23-02-2010, 02:08 PM
The story I heard was that two Celtic fans got into the Rangers support and one gave himself away when Celtic scored. He ended up getting battered and came around in his hospital bed as his mate came in to visit.

"How did you escape without being beaten up?" said the injured party.

"Who do do you think was the first one to hit you?" replied the visitor!