PDA

View Full Version : Holding back fans

woody47
22-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Now that we are being relocated to the south, what happens at the end of games with unfirm. Will they be kept back to let us out or what?
I for one will be well pi$$ed off if it is us getting held back.

7Hero
22-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Now that we are being relocated to the south, what happens at the end of games with unfirm. Will they be kept back to let us out or what?

we've been getting held back for years, (the west), you dint think for one minute that edinburgh's police will actually let you out first do you. You will most definitely be kept in.

EH54
23-02-2010, 02:39 AM
No dangers away support will be kept back 15-20mins after the game.

bob12345
23-02-2010, 05:49 AM
To be fair they're the ones travelling 1 hour+ home. In Glasgow I'd expect us to get out first.

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2010, 06:36 AM
I think it would make sense to put the away fans in the half towards the East and hold them back as 1. they would only have Hibs fans on one side of them with the other being a gap and 2. When they exit the west standers should be well away which they wouldn't be if they were released at the west side of the away end bang on full time. So less aggro all round and besides it's our ground - let them wait as they do us!

Lucius Apuleius
23-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Prepare to be pi$$ed off then.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2010, 08:04 AM

I'd imagine they'll let everyone out at the same time - apart from the cat A games (that's what happend just now - even v Aberdeen).

There's only 1 cat A game at ER before the split. We played Rangers and Celtic at home post-split last year so we might be away to both this year? And Hearts have yet to make the top 6 so there's no guarantee we'll have them after the split either.

Hibstrooper
23-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I think it would make sense to put the away fans in the half towards the East and hold them back as 1. they would only have Hibs fans on one side of them with the other being a gap and 2.

That's exactly what they are doing according to the Ticket Office. This may mean that it is indeed the away fans that will be held back.

craig1875
23-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Only been in the south once and it was against aberdeen and hibs supporters in the south were kept back 15 mins, if i remember right, might have been longer. Sure this will be the case.

jgl07
23-02-2010, 11:59 AM
No dangers away support will be kept back 15-20mins after the game.
That's not what happened when Aberdeen were visiting.

I was in the South Stand and we were kept back for 20 minutes after the match.

The police wouldn't even let people through to the toilets.

It did not apply to any other visiting team. The police still seemed to think that Aberdeen was a category A match.

Home support from the centre stand of the old main stand were kept back after Hearts and OF matches in the past.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Only been in the south once and it was against aberdeen and hibs supporters in the south were kept back 15 mins, if i remember right, might have been longer. Sure this will be the case.

That's not what happened when Aberdeen were visiting.

I was in the South Stand and we were kept back for 20 minutes after the match.

Didn't happen this season - just a couple of weeks ago. We all got out at the same time. If not they might have held the Aberdeen fans back - definitely not Hibs fans.

jgl07
23-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Didn't happen this season - just a couple of weeks ago. We all got out at the same time. If not they might have held the Aberdeen fans back - definitely not Hibs fans.
It has finally dawned on even the police that Aberdeen are not the force they were.

The numbers have fallen, They used to come near to filling the South Stand. They this was cut to half the South Stand and the Hibs supporters were held back. Now they could barely fill half the lower tier and the restriction have been dropped.

However it will certainly happen for Rangers' and Celtic's visits and the Yams too (assuming they do make the top-six).