PDA

View Full Version : Question 10 month season ticket payment plan

john18722
22-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I someone mentioned that there may be a 10 month payment plan for season tickets for next season? Has this been confirmed? Someone mentioned that it had been raised at the AGM. This would be ideal for me as to be honest I struggle to pay 400 quid in one go for my season ticket.

.Sean.
22-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I someone mentioned that there may be a 10 month payment plan for season tickets for next season? Has this been confirmed? Someone mentioned that it had been raised at the AGM. This would be ideal for me as to be honest I struggle to pay 400 quid in one go for my season ticket.
I'm in the exact same situation mate. I didn't attend the AGM and haven't heard alot about the scheme.

The pay monthly scheme would be perfect for me, as it would mean aswell as my season ticket, Rockness and abroad for the Hibs game (:pray:) I could just about afford the holiday with my mates with the money i'd save on a lump-sum season ticket payment :greengrin

Kevvy1875
22-02-2010, 09:37 PM
This would be a good idea if you could pay direct debit. The only problem for the football club may be that it may cost a few extra pence to administrate? This could easily be solved with that fee thrown in I suppose. If you got to pay that over 10 months whats an extra 5-10 quid.

I reckon lots of fans who normally 'walk up' would perhaps go for this. It would also give the money men a better idea of what to expect in cashflow over the season which may mean a bit more investment in the XI during pre-season.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 09:55 PM
It'll be announced soon (now where have we heard that before? :greengrin)

It's definitely happening folks.

There are more announcements due this week and this may be one of them.

Lofarl
22-02-2010, 10:13 PM
What would happen if a person fell behind on payments though? Would the card be void or banned etc?

Its a good idea in principle but theres a few questions to be answered

greenlex
23-02-2010, 02:37 AM
What would happen if a person fell behind on payments though? Would the card be void or banned etc?

Its a good idea in principle but theres a few questions to be answered

Of course the card would be void. It's a Football Club not a charity.

Franck is God
23-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Now that the club has moved to the new e-card ticketing system this kind purchase scheme can be utilised. Up until now you needed to have the physical paper tickets prior to the season starting so realistically the cash for this had to be paid in advance.

Now however it will all be on a database that can easily tell who is paying and who is not, if you stop making payments you simply won't be allowed entry and your seat will be sold to someone else.

I would also expect anyone using this scheme to be paying quite far in advance.

Imagine your ticket costs £400 for the year (inc fees) paid per month for ten months.

1st payment at end of May, June & July, you will already have paid £120 without even seeing a ball kicked, there will be no refunds so who is going to be stupid enough to cancel?

The club can only win with a scheme like this, their monthly income will increase and so could the season ticket sales, I couldn't afford one this year and I know a number of others in the same boat, the way the fixtures are set these days it's difficult to even budget for paying at the gate, some months we have one home game others have seen three or four, I'm lucky to have made it to them all but miss having my ST and the same seat every week.

gem
23-02-2010, 01:03 PM
This is a good idea but I do like the 3 payment thing they have had the last few seasons as it does not cost you any more money.

Many clubs do the 10 months payment thing including Newcastle (my husband has one) but the only drawback to this is that it is usually a bank that administers this and there is an interest amount charged making the ticket more expensive in the long run. I would guess that this also helps with the non payment as the club gets the money via the bank any non payments would no doubt effect your season ticket and credit rating??

Some clubs do make it cheaper if you sign up for future seasons in advance but it all depends how the club choose to work it. But not the best when its Newcastle and you sign up for a premiership ticket in advance only for them to end up in championship and they dont give you any discount or money back!! :grr::greengrin Glad Im a Hibee!

john18722
23-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I would be willing to pay slightly extra for the ticket if it meant I could pay it over a longer period of time. But I suppose the solution is to plan in advance for buying it (which I never ever do!)

Jack
23-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Because I’m I PITA to buy presents for folk give me vouchers for the Hibs shop which I have used in the past towards my season ticket.

Experts! Mikey, you're an expert :greengrin. Will it be possible to say to Hibs ‘There’s £200 in vouchers, split the balance into 10 payments.’

greenlex
23-02-2010, 02:59 PM
If it's Direct Debit it shouldn't be more. I pay lots of things by Direct Debit and don't pay more.

Mikey
23-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Because I’m I PITA to buy presents for folk give me vouchers for the Hibs shop which I have used in the past towards my season ticket.

Experts! Mikey, you're an expert :greengrin. Will it be possible to say to Hibs ‘There’s £200 in vouchers, split the balance into 10 payments.’

Aye, really :greengrin

I'm not sure actually. In theory I guess you could go along and pay your £200 in vouchers and ask them to make your DD for the balance. I'm sure sure how flexible they can be with the system though.

It's a good question for the fans forums :cool2:

Jack
23-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Aye, really :greengrin

I'm not sure actually. In theory I guess you could go along and pay your £200 in vouchers and ask them to make your DD for the balance. I'm sure sure how flexible they can be with the system though.

It's a good question for the fans forums :cool2:

Aye. Really :agree:

Everyone I know that knows you says you’re a know it all :faf:

Mikey
23-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Aye. Really :agree:

Everyone I know that knows you says you’re a know it all :faf:

Don't know what you mean :tee hee:

.Sean.
23-02-2010, 07:48 PM
If it's Direct Debit it shouldn't be more. I pay lots of things by Direct Debit and don't pay more.
Was saing the same thing although i'd quite happily pay about £400 over the 10 months instead of a £360ish lump sum in the summer when i've got Rockness/lads holiday/hibs trip abroad to pay for aswell.

weonlywon6-2
24-02-2010, 08:11 AM
This would be a good idea if you could pay direct debit. The only problem for the football club may be that it may cost a few extra pence to administrate? This could easily be solved with that fee thrown in I suppose. If you got to pay that over 10 months whats an extra 5-10 quid.

I reckon lots of fans who normally 'walk up' would perhaps go for this. It would also give the money men a better idea of what to expect in cashflow over the season which may mean a bit more investment in the XI during pre-season.

would this not be run by a finance company?

hibs would get the money from them up front and we pay the company over the 10 months, could be wrong but there will be companies out there willing to take this on as it gives them a good few quid as well

Mikey
24-02-2010, 09:14 AM

hibs would get the money from them up front and we pay the company over the 10 months, could be wrong but there will be companies out there willing to take this on as it gives them a good few quid as well

Pretty sure Hibs would be running it themselves. They got the appropriate license some time ago.

They didn't need a license to take 3 or 4 payments but they do need it to make it 10 payments.

I'm almost certain it's all in house.

JoeT
24-02-2010, 09:23 AM

If it was a finance company it would then be a credit agreement - subject to status - take you to court if you don't pay bollox.

Would be much better all round I think if it's just like a gym membership where you pay monthly a little in advance and your ticket is switched off if you don't pay. Could be a bit of an overhead chasing and taking missed payments but hopefully it would allow a couple of thousand extra to get a season ticket and raise the guaranteed revenue for the club.

Mikey
24-02-2010, 01:51 PM
If it was a finance company it would then be a credit agreement - subject to status - take you to court if you don't pay bollox.

Would be much better all round I think if it's just like a gym membership where you pay monthly a little in advance and your ticket is switched off if you don't pay. Could be a bit of an overhead chasing and taking missed payments but hopefully it would allow a couple of thousand extra to get a season ticket and raise the guaranteed revenue for the club.

Pretty sure that's how it'll be done. If there's no credit on your card you don't get in!