PDA

View Full Version : Ross County Cup game

Billy Whizz
22-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Noticed that it's now on the Ross County website at 2pm on Saturday 13th March. County are only getting 600 tickets when they were looking for 1,500.
There is no information under the Hibs "Tickets" section. This may allow people to go the game and attend the Egg Chasers match V England which starts at 5 pm.

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 06:15 PM
This may allow people to go the game and attend the Egg Chasers match V England which starts at 5 pm.

It might also mean that the game will be finished before the need for floodlights

bingo70
22-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Noticed that it's now on the Ross County website at 2pm on Saturday 13th March. County are only getting 600 tickets when they were looking for 1,500.
There is no information under the Hibs "Tickets" section. This may allow people to go the game and attend the Egg Chasers match V England which starts at 5 pm.

Think rules state we've got to give them 10% for a cup game, not sure if thats the case when the stadium is being redeveloped though :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
22-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Hibs can't do that without the consent of Ross County or arbitration by the SFA. Under the rules the away team is entitled to 20% of the tickets for a cup tie. Even with the East Stand demolished that is still 2800 seats (ie most of the South Stand). I suppose the delay in the east stand announcement may have been due to negotiations between the clubs and the SFA since the draw was made.

I guess the problem from Hibs' point of view is that they will have cup topup holders in all three stands, including some (1500+?) in the East Stand. They will presumably be allocated the same seats for the RC game that they will be given for the league games. This would only leave the space down in the corner that the away fans normally get (about 1000).

rightwinger
22-02-2010, 07:11 PM
The 2pm kick-off will probably be for Rugby purposes. Light shouldn't be an issue until 6pm at this time of year.

We do have a home midweek game against Utd on March 24. Floodlights may be an issue then. I'd guess they'd just put temporary ones up. Remember they did that when the West stand was built in 2001. For a Motherwell game - they packed in during half-time.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2010, 10:37 PM
It still says on the Hibs website that the match kicks off at 3pm. :confused:

Gatecrasher
22-02-2010, 10:46 PM
We have Dundee UTD on 24-03-2010 at ER i suppose temp floodlights will be needed for that game