PDA

View Full Version : Yams Bitterness, delusion and jelousy at its very best

.Sean.
22-02-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68461-hibs-get-their-new-stand/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68461-hibs-get-their-new-stand/)

Some snippets...

''Nothing compared to our MEGASTAND though, can't wait to sit down in that.''

''New stand but still the wee team!''

''Flatpack from Ikea, yeah?''

''They are having a extremely basic cheapest of the cheap stand built.''

''As for us not getting more tickets when we play there. Are you having a laugh! We'll probably get the whole new stand!!!''

''It's a corrugated ****ing bomb shelter, no a 5 star hotel.''

''I wonder if they will have to contribute towards the cost of the trams - if I recall there was a suggestion that Hearts would have to.''

''But it will mean our allocation will increase for all future derbies after it's built.''

''It looks extremely cheap and tacky.''

''It looks shocking though.''

''This stand will basically sum up hibs. Featureless, unambitious, atmosphere-less and empty.''

''That is just basicaly the old crumbling East stand but with seats.''

:faf:

Diclonius
22-02-2010, 05:26 PM
That's some cringing they're doing over there.

Least they'll be able to appreciate the view when they're here, because they certainly won't want to watch what's going on on the pitch.

Hainan Hibs
22-02-2010, 05:27 PM
They struggle to sell out the South stand, Irvine Meadow a junior team had an easier time selling tickets. Deluded to the pepsi max if they beLIEve they will get more tickets.

Bitterness at it's best. They will be crying themselves to sleep tonight:agree:

MSK
22-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Who really gives a **** aboot what the yam tramps say ...bitter & jealous ..they can rot in their poofy pink ramshackle hovel for all i care ..

Hank Schrader
22-02-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68461-hibs-get-their-new-stand/ (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68461-hibs-get-their-new-stand/)

Some snippets...

''As for us not getting more tickets when we play there. Are you having a laugh! We'll probably get the whole new stand!!!''

''I wonder if they will have to contribute towards the cost of the trams - if I recall there was a suggestion that Hearts would have to.''

''But it will mean our allocation will increase for all future derbies after it's built.''

''This stand will basically sum up hibs. Featureless, unambitious, atmosphere-less and empty.''

To be honest I expect nothing more from the idiots that frequent Kickback.

The comments under the Scotsman article are a real hoot, including one absolute idiot claiming Hibs can't build the stand because the planning permission has lapsed. :idiot:

Hank Schrader
Who really gives a **** aboot what the yam tramps say ...bitter & jealous ..they can rot in their poofy pink ramshackle hovel for all i care ..

:top marks

greenlex
Our announcement bothers every single one of them. I can guarantee you that. It doesn't matter what they say they are gutted. We would be if the roles were reversed. The are absolutely spewing make no mistake.

iwasthere1972
22-02-2010, 05:30 PM
They're a bunch of tramps who wouldn't recognise their parents let alone a classy stand or club.

Oh I hope they go bust soon. :devil:

MountcastleHibs
22-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I had one claiming earlier that during construction we can't cut the allocation for the away fans in category A games because there is an agreement in place that says they must get the whole stand. They then went onto say the police wouldn't allow it. They're completely off their rockers.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I've yet to take a trip over to JKB for my regular chuckle, but I can only guess that they are hurting once again, the wounding will be oozing with the cringing from the jealousy of envy (c) copyright some Yam balloon circa 2009.

Sometimes it's best just not to say anything rather than frazzle your brain trying to think of something insulting to say to give you that superiority complex you crave.

They'll no doubt be saying we can't fill it and it's a pointless waste of time and it looks horrendous ad infinitum......yes, yes lads, we know how much you're hurting.

It's akin to a fat loser in a beaten up 4-door Austin Allegro s******ing at the guy in the 2 seater Mercedes beside him at the lights.

Once again, Hibernian show you how a club should be run.

Don't worry though, it won't be long before Uncle Vladimir builds you a new megastand like he promised. After all, when he promises you brand new facilities, he delivers; just take a look at FBK Kaun....oh. In that case, look at his other club MTK Rip....oh.

Keep dreaming. Stop hurting. You look silly.

Vlad's tales are older than that rat infested, asbestos ridden, ramshackle, balsa-wood, sheeeeeithole that you tramps spout your bile in. Still, you don't want a new stand anyway do you? You wouldn't want to lose the atmosphere that your little Section N inhabitants provide....the place would be silent without the spazmoids in that area waving their Union Jacks, Red Hand of Ulsters, Hitler salutes and racist, sectarian ditties.

Stop. Hurting.

Jim Herriot
22-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Some snippets...

You're quoting selectively from the fuddiest of them. In the interests of balance, here are some equally selective quotes from the same thread.

"Taking the marron specs off hibs have to be congratulated for completing their stadium. Now if we can only get our new stand up and running Edinburgh will have 2 modern football stadiums to be proud off; something we should have had years ago." (Dipped Flake)

"I would like to take this oportunity to applaud "them" for the progress that they have made in the recent past in relation to their ground and training facilities. They are showing the way forward for clubs with limited money how to build a sensible infrastructure. It remains to be seen that when all building is complete they can start to put more into the playing side. I know we all like to have a pop at "them" but credit where credit is due IMHO"

"They should be applauded for upgrading their facilities."

"This is good for so many reason's - good for scottish football - good for attracting investment into edinburgh's economy - good for creating jobs following a recovery from a downturn."

"Fair play to them. I only wish Hearts would show the same decisiveness when it comes to Stadia issues. I know that we are/were intending a bigger grander one but its taken an age to even get to the point of us changing our mind on the design! I applaud Hibs on their ambition and commitment."

"fair play to them i say. at least their board is willing to walk the walk."

"Fair play to them, they're going ahead and actually doing it."

"Fair play to them for building it..."

"fair play to our friends from lochend. they will also get any semi finals that are up for grabs. "

"Fair play to them for getting it built."

"It's hard to say anything other than fair play." (so it would seem...)

"At least they are building their stand, our new main stand has been pie in the sky since the Mercer years, so many different designs over the years, still the same decrepit one stays and will do for many many years no matter what Vlad and the rest of the muppets say. They will also get extra revenue for semi-finals etc while we sit and do nothing. As much as i dislike these hobo no-marks, you have to at least admire the fact that they've done it and without too much newspaper articles on it. They might pay their players pash wages etc but Petrie must be doing something right, over to you Vlad."

"Too many folk quick to shoot them down, i've done it often enough but credit where its due."

Reaper
22-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Some snippets...

That's great, they'll feel right at home when they come to ER.

More seats???? They can't sell their end just now. ****ing halfwits

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 05:57 PM
You're quoting selectively from the fuddiest of them. In the interests of balance, here are some equally selective quotes from the same thread.

"Taking the marron specs off hibs have to be congratulated for completing their stadium. Now if we can only get our new stand up and running Edinburgh will have 2 modern football stadiums to be proud off; something we should have had years ago." (Dipped Flake)

"I would like to take this oportunity to applaud "them" for the progress that they have made in the recent past in relation to their ground and training facilities. They are showing the way forward for clubs with limited money how to build a sensible infrastructure. It remains to be seen that when all building is complete they can start to put more into the playing side. I know we all like to have a pop at "them" but credit where credit is due IMHO"

"This is good for so many reason's - good for scottish football - good for attracting investment into edinburgh's economy - good for creating jobs following a recovery from a downturn."

"Fair play to them. I only wish Hearts would show the same decisiveness when it comes to Stadia issues. I know that we are/were intending a bigger grander one but its taken an age to even get to the point of us changing our mind on the design! I applaud Hibs on their ambition and commitment."

"fair play to our friends from lochend. they will also get any semi finals that are up for grabs. "

"At least they are building their stand, our new main stand has been pie in the sky since the Mercer years, so many different designs over the years, still the same decrepit one stays and will do for many many years no matter what Vlad and the rest of the muppets say. They will also get extra revenue for semi-finals etc while we sit and do nothing. As much as i dislike these hobo no-marks, you have to at least admire the fact that they've done it and without too much newspaper articles on it. They might pay their players pash wages etc but Petrie must be doing something right, over to you Vlad."

"Too many folk quick to shoot them down, i've done it often enough but credit where its due."

Aye, but 70% of those comments are undercover Hibs fans :greengrin

Gerrintaethem
22-02-2010, 06:01 PM
You cant sit and watch football in a myth.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Having read the thread, I was thinking that of the bitter, fuddish comments come from undercover Hibs fans.

Nobody could really be that pathetically self-parodying...could they?

johncrobertson@
22-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Record Attendance - 65,000

First Scottish Team in Europe

European Wins Against - Barcelona - Napoli - Liverpool - Sporting Lisbon

Real Madrid ( friendly ) Hamburg - Valencia

0-7

We fully own our own Training Facilities

We are now completing the last phase of our stadium development!

We have a chairman and owner who cares!

We have a manager who will take us forward!

We are signing quality players!

We are on the up and passing them as they go down!

We have a culture and history of quality football that they can only dream about!

Glad I'm a Hibee:thumbsup:

Sergey
22-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I've yet to take a trip over to JKB for my regular chuckle, but I can only guess that they are hurting once again, the wounding will be oozing with the cringing from the jealousy of envy (c) copyright some Yam balloon circa 2009.

Sometimes it's best just not to say anything rather than frazzle your brain trying to think of something insulting to say to give you that superiority complex you crave.

They'll no doubt be saying we can't fill it and it's a pointless waste of time and it looks horrendous ad infinitum......yes, yes lads, we know how much you're hurting.

It's akin to a fat loser in a beaten up 4-door Austin Allegro s******ing at the guy in the 2 seater Mercedes beside him at the lights.

Once again, Hibernian show you how a club should be run.

Don't worry though, it won't be long before Uncle Vladimir builds you a new megastand like he promised. After all, when he promises you brand new facilities, he delivers; just take a look at FBK Kaun....oh. In that case, look at his other club MTK Rip....oh.

Keep dreaming. Stop hurting. You look silly.

Vlad's tales are older than that rat infested, asbestos ridden, ramshackle, balsa-wood, sheeeeeithole that you tramps spout your bile in. Still, you don't want a new stand anyway do you? You wouldn't want to lose the atmosphere that your little Section N inhabitants provide....the place would be silent without the spazmoids in that area waving their Union Jacks, Red Hand of Ulsters, Hitler salutes and racist, sectarian ditties.

Stop. Hurting.

Just to save you the visit, PH, I have visited KB - I shan't name names, but how tediously formulaic, how ho-hum that messageboard has become. I should mention that all the posts from those poor souls all sound exactly the same. There's nothing quite as predictable these days as the posters on JKB. In fact I think I'm going to start a distance learning course for people who want to write really bitter posts of tedium.

I will base the course in Lithuania, naturally. Or maybe Oxfordshire. You will have to fill in a really complicated, semiliterate form, attaching a large registration fee and several photographs of your tadger. Only after I've sent several reminders will they get the first set of coursework, which will be a simple arithmetic test. A diploma in Advanced Bitterness® will only be attained after another managerial change and 3 red cards.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Can anyone find the 6000 seater stands that IKEA sell?

banarc7062
22-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Full marks to Rod Petrie in getting us nearing completion and upsetting our "big" team at the same time. Well done Rod:top marks:flag:

Hainan Hibs
22-02-2010, 06:14 PM
My yam supporting "mates" are spewing. Throwing abuse at me on facebook when I sent out the message of a new stand.

The reply of "how's that "£51 million stand" getting along?" sends them into a fit of rage that I don't think their keyboards can handle:greengrin

banarc7062
22-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I will echo these sentiments:thumbsup:
GGTTH

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I'll see your above landmarks and raise you the fact that we have never won a World War all by ourselves. At least, I think they won it all by themselves, I can only go on the sheer cringeworthy poppy-watching that those helmets sponsor themselves by every time Remembrance Day pops around.

Something to aspire to.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2010, 06:21 PM
the best bit?
we get it built at low prices minimising debt

Whilst they waste further time delay = $$$ maximising debt worstening their position further

fantastic:thumbsup:

London Hibs FC
22-02-2010, 06:22 PM
One victory in the last nine league derbys may have something to do with it :wink:

Hibs Class
22-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I had one claiming earlier that during construction we can't cut the allocation for the away fans in category A games because there is an agreement in place that says they must get the whole stand. They then went onto say the police wouldn't allow it. They're completely off their rockers.

They'd be better off concentrating on being 6th at the split. Right now I wouldn't put any money on them finishing high enough to earn the right to play us again at ER this season.

duncs
22-02-2010, 06:56 PM
...Hearts have something also epoch-making on the go:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100222/pies-the-limit_2241384_1973414

Which out of the two of us are meant to be the wee team now?

KeithTheHibby
22-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Brilliant, that puts our stand announcement totally in the shade.:thumbsup:

BEEJ
22-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Nade will be devastated.

Presumably his punishment for sitting on Black in the dressing room recently.

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks like they've gone for the beautiful people theme again...

.Sean.
22-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Low fat pies?

Surely i'm not the only person that actually laughed out loud at that.

''Analytical reports have confirmed the reduction of fat content by 40% compared to the previous traditional scotch pie recipe. There is now just 4.6 grams of fat per 100 grams.'' Do they honestly expect the average Yam Bam to comprehend that?

Row H
22-02-2010, 07:02 PM
The guy in the photo looks remarkably like that ugly son of a b**** that the Yams had advertising the 'beautiful people' campaign.

Great stuff!

Riordans Boots
22-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Nade will be devastated.

Presumably his punishment for sitting on Black in the dressing room recently.

Exactly my thoughts BEEJ :tee hee:

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 07:03 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

That's all.

scoopyboy
22-02-2010, 07:08 PM
They claim to sell 140,000 pies a season!!!!!

Assuming 20 games then that would mean an average of 7000 pies a game.

An average gate of 14000 people would mean every second person would scoff a pie.

Either blatant lies yet again or possibly a reason why there are so many fat, greasy Hearts *******s.

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 07:10 PM

Aye, but at least 100,000 of them are eaten by Nade

Hainan Hibs
22-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Jambo Alistair Inglis of Corstorphine was quick to give the pies the thumbs-up during yesterday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Hamilton, saying: "I think the catering is very good and I usually eat three or four pies at each game!"

I'm in tears:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Bostonhibby
22-02-2010, 07:11 PM
That does it for me, all we can do is actually move on the building of the stand rather than having a magnificent pile of boxes to look at, then to top it all, we have absolutely no stories about pies, cakes, or any other tacky crap that we can con a gullible supplier into giving us that we won't pay for.

Come on Petrie, get it sorted, isn't there something tangible to match this oneupmanish from the big team, how about some gelatine free Hibs Blacmange, or perhaps our own range of child friendly compost? Unless we can match these ground breaking initiatives from our innovative neighbours I fear we will be forever in their shadows.

The_Todd
22-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Nothing more than a clever ploy to get Fatty Foulkes to double his pie purchasing. On expenses, of course.

MSK
22-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Nade has started exercising already ..5468 ..

The_Todd
22-02-2010, 07:16 PM

I assume these are the quotes of so-called Jambos who wouldn't recognise a picture of Tynecastle if it were placed right in front of them with the caption "Tynecastle Park" beneath it, given they are accurately describing the PBS itself?

Shaun Lawson, perhaps?

Riordans Boots
22-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Nade has started exercising already ..5468 ..

Jack
22-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Azure general manager Graeme Pacitti, who manages Hearts retail and hospitality catering operations said: "Hearts has a good reputation for the quality of its food served via kiosks and in our hospitality suites.

Azure do us as well, does that mean we'll get big team pies too?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 07:23 PM
East Stand v Pie in the Sky Stand.

Titch
22-02-2010, 07:37 PM

when we do play the huns/celtc, will thier fans be kept in at the end like we are when we go through to that s***hole Glasgow??

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Having read the thread, I was thinking that of the bitter, fuddish comments come from undercover Hibs fans.

Nobody could really be that pathetically self-parodying...could they?

They are just a wee team, with no ambition and a ramshackle stadium.

Evvvverrryybuddddy huuuuuuurrrrrts
Sometimes

Bad Martini
22-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Surely our stadium is vastly inferior and smaller than their 400,000 megastand with it's own hotel, casino and very own bank :greengrin

...filled to the gunnels with Brazilian World Cup Stars who are there, playing in the Champions League year on year, having split the old firm, won the league and stormed Scotland as the third, second and first force.

Ya bunch of bammers...bichrist, can you no see that WEE (you like that) are the ones wi the problem here? :devil:

Sudds_1
22-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Some snippets...

:faf::faf::faf:

johnrebus
22-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Why doesn't Vlad just take down the old RBS building in St Andrews Square he bought and rebuild in place of their old health hazard of a main stand?

It might not sit many fans but sure looks better than the football they play.....,

:greengrin

johnrebus
22-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Surely our stadium is vastly inferior and smaller than their 400,000 megastand with it's own hotel, casino and very own bank :greengrin

...filled to the gunnels with Brazilian World Cup Stars who are there, playing in the Champions League year on year, having split the old firm, won the league and stormed Scotland as the third, second and first force.

Ya bunch of bammers...bichrist, can you no see that WEE (you like that) are the ones wi the problem here? :devil:

What about the war they won, eh?

Don't forget the war!

:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll see your above landmarks and raise you the fact that we have never won a World War all by ourselves. At least, I think they won it all by themselves, I can only go on the sheer cringeworthy poppy-watching that those helmets sponsor themselves by every time Remembrance Day pops around.

Something to aspire to.

A team with its own war memorial has no need for aspirations.

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 08:02 PM
A team with its own war has no need for aspirations.

I've fixed that for you FR :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I've fixed that for you FR :cool2:

Thanks, I'm a wee bit emotional tonight. :boo hoo:

EVErrrryyyyy buddddddddeeeeeeeeeee hurrrrrrrrts
In Gorgie

Phil D. Rolls
22-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, can you? Cos i can't see any thing else that smells like coffee?

Where's your shiny new stand?

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks, I'm a wee bit emotional tonight. :boo hoo:

EVErrrryyyyy buddddddddeeeeeeeeeee hurrrrrrrrts
In Gorgie

They were certainly hurt by every Buddy's capitulation at Love Street back in '86!

Boom boom!

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Does asbestos smell like coffee?

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 08:12 PM

It's cunningly disguised as a ramshackle wooden deathtrap, complete with a safety certificate that's due to run out shortly.

Big Frank
22-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I smell something.

Don't think it is coffee.

JoeT_WasTheBest
22-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Here it's here:

http://yannaccone.com/milestogo/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pieinthesky.jpg

kevo1875
22-02-2010, 08:26 PM
hibs= own fully owned training facilities and building new stand to complete our stadium as promised.....
yams= building debt and well just building debt really
wee team my @$$

Kevvy1875
22-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Is that the stand with the 51 million seats?....or was it costing 51 million? Or was it 51 million hotel rooms that would be adjoining this modern day Acropolis? Perhaps 51 million litres of pink paint to finish off said structure in keeping with the rest of the 'colloseum'.

Was that long ago i can't really remember???....I know 51 million was involved though.:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Vlad's got an unparalleled track record of building stadiums for clubs.

Unparalleled in the sense that no other club owner has spoonfed three different clubs tales of bullsheeeeite and successfully brainwashed them into believing it will happen.

And still the fools lap it up as per the last press release.

whiskyhibby
22-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Assuming 20 games then that would mean an average of 7000 pies a game.

An average gate of 14000 people would mean every second person would scoff a pie.

Either blatant lies yet again or possibly a reason why there are so many fat, greasy Hearts *******s.

The Guy being interviewed owned up to eating 3-4 a game, perhaps he is typical............

:faf::faf: :troll::feed:

whiskyhibby
22-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Perhaps the Rodmeister can do a deal with them for our old East stand?
:deal::deal:

down the slope
22-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Jambo Alistair Inglis of Corstorphine was quick to give the pies the thumbs-up during yesterday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Hamilton, saying: "I think the catering is very good and I usually eat three or four pies at each game!"
He said from his hospital bed,

BroxburnHibee
22-02-2010, 09:07 PM
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

You couldn't make it up :hilarious

How ******g desperate is that.

Big team my :asshole:

PaulSmith
22-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Definitely one for the vault.

Classic.

CallumHibs07
22-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Ohhhh - the very first Scottish club to........produce reduced fat pies:faf::faf:

kevo1875
22-02-2010, 09:15 PM
only team to sell xxxl replica tops 2 seasons ago so a good idea save the expense of replacing seats at the pbs :greengrin

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2010, 09:15 PM
At least we now know who actually eat all the pies...

Lofarl
22-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Brilliant

silverhibee
22-02-2010, 09:22 PM
East Stand v Pie in the Sky Stand.

:faf::faf:

ArabHibee
22-02-2010, 09:55 PM

lyonhibs
22-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh no wait, they've not have they???

Have they??

Oh wait they have!!

The first club to produce low-fat pies?? It'll take a *****load more than that to sort out the nick of most Hearts fans.

Maybe, what with building materials being so sky-high in price these days (errr, sorry?? Ed) and "Budgetary considerations" delaying the new YamBam Uberstand until approximately the next time Haley's Comet swings by, the Yams have decided that a stand built out of blu-tac and papier mache is the way to go??

They'll need 0% fat pies and many a "Body Fit" class in Gorgie Parish Hall for that to become feasible.

Just magical. :faf: :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 10:36 PM
You can just imagine the publicity-freak Romanov getting a bit uppity at the Hibees revealing their plans to build the new stand.

Unable to stand the blatant headline-grabbing, he scribbles a hastily written message down and faxes it through to Gorgie......"Quick, dilute the pies and go for the World Exclusive on the website. We must remain Big Team!!!!" :greengrin

James.
22-02-2010, 11:32 PM
:jamboak:

Why's Petrie fannying aboot with new stands and signing the likes of Miller and Stokes when our Big Neighbours are introducing low fat pies - no wonder we're a wee team. Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Bookkeeper
22-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Vlad's got an unparalleled track record of building stadiums for clubs.

Unparalleled in the sense that no other club owner has spoonfed three different clubs tales of bullsheeeeite and successfully brainwashed them into believing it will happen.

And still the fools lap it up as per the last press release.

:agree: They take delusion to dizzier heights every season

Diclonius
23-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Doesn't mean they're not still *****.

Totally unbiased here, the Hearts pies are the worst I've ever had. They seem intent on burning the poor things to a crisp.

poolman
23-02-2010, 01:14 AM
I wonder if the new uber pies that dinny get sold will be at a knock down price at the next Yamble sale at the church :hmmm:

Nailrod
23-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Bad news I'm afraid. :boo hoo:I can't reveal my source on this but it's 100% genuine. The official announcement is to be made later this week on the yams' official website.

It appears that when our East Stand is removed it's not going to be thrown away. Instead, it's to be sold to the yams, who are going to mount it on top of their existing main stand as part of their own redevelopment plans. :agree:

To meet safety regulations, the two structures are to be bonded together with a new super-adhesive made of reconstituted pie-grease and hot air. The result will be a new two-tier grandstand the likes of which is unknown anywhere else in world football.

I can't be the only Hibbie who is disappointed that the 'tache has allowed our development plans to be overshadowed by the yams in this way for the sake of a few quid.

Sort yourself out Rod! :grr:

WindyMiller
23-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Is that the stand with the 51 million seats?....or was it costing 51 million? Or was it 51 million hotel rooms that would be adjoining this modern day Necropolis? Perhaps 51 million litres of pink paint to finish off said structure in keeping with the rest of the 'colloseum'.

Was that long ago i can't really remember???....I know 51 million was involved though.:rolleyes:

Edited.:cool2:

GreenCastle
23-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Be warned this might give your computer a virus :wink:

Hear I reveal the yams plans.... :dummytit:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010/0,,10289,00.html :blah:

Like the time line too - sticking well to that :faf:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20070820/timeline_2241749_1091729

:bye:

HibeesLA
23-02-2010, 06:16 AM

Have they even bought the light bulb they needed to repair the floodlights?

bighairyfaeleith
23-02-2010, 06:32 AM
want to see hearts projected timeline for the new stand???

Apparently the demolished the old stand last summer, can't wait to see how it's shaping up at the next derby:greengrin

HibeesLA
23-02-2010, 07:14 AM

Apparently the demolished the old stand last summer, can't wait to see how it's shaping up at the next derby:greengrin

That's an application! (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20080116/thats-an-application_2241749_1216908)

Disc O'Dave
23-02-2010, 07:30 AM

My favorite part of that article is that it's entitled "Tynecastle 2010", and on the timeline it says "Completion Date - 2011 (estimate)"

Can't even get a bull**** article to tally up.

davemcbain
23-02-2010, 07:31 AM

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd be willing to bet Rod was on the phone yesterday offering them a great price on a second hand one. :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
23-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Bad news I'm afraid. :boo hoo:I can't reveal my source on this but it's 100% genuine. The official announcement is to be made later this week on the yams' official website.

It appears that when our East Stand is removed it's not going to be thrown away. Instead, it's to be sold to the yams, who are going to mount it on top of their existing main stand as part of their own redevelopment plans. :agree:

To meet safety regulations, the two structures are to be bonded together with a new super-adhesive made of reconstituted pie-grease and hot air. The result will be a new two-tier grandstand the likes of which is unknown anywhere else in world football.

I can't be the only Hibbie who is disappointed that the 'tache has allowed our development plans to be overshadowed by the yams in this way for the sake of a few quid.

Sort yourself out Rod! :grr:

So that's what happened to Nade and Csaba.

Jack
23-02-2010, 08:46 AM
One of the differences between them and us; other than the amount of debt; come the start of next season the number of new stands; better class of player, owner, backroom staff and supporter; who owns a training centre? Oh, that’s us too; we have a better youth system; we pay people what they're due when they're due it; everything else that is positive and honest, is …. our coffee smells (of coffee)! I am advised their cost cutting version is made to a homeopathic style recipe and has no smell. :agree: FACT ENDOF

Hainan Hibs
23-02-2010, 08:51 AM
That's an application! (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20080116/thats-an-application_2241749_1216908)

Andy74
23-02-2010, 08:52 AM
I hope they do build something. Even with a basic stand another £10m plus on the debt would do wonders for the team on the pitch I'm sure.

MrSmith
23-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Hmm!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CHG2GRbeET8/SNwCt1R_n3I/AAAAAAAAIXU/VjYX4fJivyU/s320/nothing.bmp

Jack
23-02-2010, 09:02 AM
You can just imagine the publicity-freak Romanov getting a bit uppity at the Hibees revealing their plans to build the new stand.

Unable to stand the blatant headline-grabbing, he scribbles a hastily written message down and faxes it through to Gorgie......"Quick, dilute the pies and go for the World Exclusive on the website. We must remain Big Team!!!!" :greengrin

Don’t want to be picky here but Hibs didn’t actually reveal their plans to build the new stand. They actually revealed the, previously announced, East Stand plans where in the process of becoming a reality! :greengrin

Hank Schrader
23-02-2010, 09:14 AM

For all the talk of this "megastand" it doesn't actually look that much bigger or better than the main stand at Easter Road. The fact the other three new stands already built look like shoe boxes any new main stand is going to dwarf them in size and make it look like a space aged uber stand that can hold around 400,000 plums.

Keith_M
23-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Sorry, but you're all just being mean. Have a look at the Hootsmon (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-insist-Tynecastle-plans-alive.6094657.jp)today and you'll see that they do indeed still plan to build their £60M (note, no longer £51M) new stand. Some guy fae Hawrts, Sergejus Fuditovas or something like that, says it's true so it must be happening.

OK, it won't have all the "commercial development" first announced but it IS going to be built.

So there!!!!!

Oh and if any Hawrts fans are worried about Vlad's comittment to the club, the Fax Machine, sorry Spokesperson, said..

"At the end of March there are direct flights to Scotland from Lithuania, so I hope there will be occasions we can see him before the end of this season."

So if you want to see Vlad, go book a flight to Lithuania. That is what he meant, isn't it?

:dunno:

Risboro Hibby
23-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Lets face it they had the most minging pies in the SPL anyway so they have nothing to lose with this exciting newsworthy initiative of theirs.

lapsedhibee
23-02-2010, 10:22 AM

Their captain, Christophe Berra, still being quoted as in favour. ****wits!

KerPlunk
23-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Sorry, but you're all just being mean. Have a look at the Hootsmon (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-insist-Tynecastle-plans-alive.6094657.jp)today and you'll see that they do indeed still plan to build their £60M (note, no longer £51M) new stand. Some guy fae Hawrts, Sergejus Fuditovas or something like that, says it's true so it must be happening.

OK, it won't have all the "commercial development" first announced but it IS going to be built.

So there!!!!!

Oh and if any Hawrts fans are worried about Vlad's comittment to the club, the Fax Machine, sorry Spokesperson, said..

"At the end of March there are direct flights to Scotland from Lithuania, so I hope there will be occasions we can see him before the end of this season."

So if you want to see Vlad, go book a flight to Lithuania. That is what he meant, isn't it?

That rag of a paper is only 4 or 5 days late with the news - nothing new there then. :faf:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=175513

Part/Time Supporter
23-02-2010, 11:06 AM
That rag of a paper is only 4 or 5 days late with the news - nothing new there then. :faf:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=175513

That may have been a Hibby sub editor with a sense of humour, contrasting the state of affairs.

:wink:

KerPlunk
23-02-2010, 11:15 AM
That may have been a Hibby sub editor with a sense of humour, contrasting the state of affairs.

Ooh, do tell. :devil:

RIP
23-02-2010, 11:18 AM
To be honest I don't get this preoccupation with what Hearts Supporters say on their message boards

We are Hibernian Fc and Hearts are completely irrelevant

To suggest otherwise by reporting from Kickback merely reinforces a 'WEE TEAM' attitude

C'mon chaps lets rise above this shoddy behaviour

jacomo
23-02-2010, 11:22 AM

Can't believe that's still on their website. Amateurish stuff, especially as Fedovotas (sp) has admitted they're back to square one - so this application (if it ever existed) is now waste paper.

jacomo
23-02-2010, 11:24 AM
To be honest I don't get this preoccupation with what Hearts Supporters say on their message boards

To suggest otherwise by reporting from Kickback merely reinforces a 'WEE TEAM' attitude

Own up - are you one of them or not?

How can you not find the Hearts shambles funny?

Bad Martini
23-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I wonder if their low fat pies will be given to their low fat players :greengrin .... :faf:

HibbyDave
23-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Record Attendance - 65,000

First British Team in Europe

European Wins Against - Barcelona - Napoli - Liverpool - Sporting Lisbon

Real Madrid ( friendly ) Hamburg - Valencia

0-7

We fully own our own Training Facilities

We are now completing the last phase of our stadium development!

We have a chairman and owner who cares!

We have a manager who will take us forward!

We are signing quality players!

We are on the up and passing them as they go down!

We have a culture and history of quality football that they can only dream about!

Glad I'm a Hibee:thumbsup:

Fixed it for you:wink:

KerPlunk
23-02-2010, 12:38 PM
I wonder if their low fat pies will be given to their low fat players :greengrin .... :faf:

YouTube - Sweeney Todd Part 4/27: The Worst Pies in London (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3QACSwtkWc&feature=PlayList&p=25EB69132E8D1D03&index=3)

mixumatosis
23-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Funnily enough, if you read the Evening News version of events, rather than that put out by the Stasi- Sorry, Hearts website, a different version of events emerges...

"Partick Thistle are the other Scottish club to have trialled "healthy" pies, producing a special low-fat version at a recent Scottish Cup clash with Dundee United"

So not quite the world exclusive we were all so in awe of after all, but in fact an accolade shared with Partick Thistle.

Taken from Here - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/New-lowfat-version-of-pies.6092323.jp

Sean1875
23-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Thank im a hibby. :notworthy:

poolman
23-02-2010, 02:55 PM

So there!!!!!

We have a right one here in the name of Kiwidoug at the message board at the bottom of the Hootsman article :faf:

14 kiwidoug
Hello Broonie 1*. Here's my opinion. When we are on top of the league again and have 15,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list of 5,000 and are considering the use of Murrayfield for our biggest games, I will take an interest in the developmemt of a new stand.

Until then, it is so far down my list of priorities that I can't see it.

I do commend Hibs on their initiative and again encourage them to name it the Willie Bauld stand. I base this on the fact that in terms of Edinburgh people, the only time it will be populated is when the mighty Jambos come to visit.

LancsHibs
23-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Come on Petrie get it sorted man... we are fast becoming a joke of a club:grr::grr:

I mean how many pies have we sold?? Does anybody know? No neither do I:confused:The Hearts will be lapping this up what with another derby fast approaching.

It must be great being a Jambo looking down on us with our pathetic claims of being the 1st team in the European Cup semi final! What about their claims:1st to be ruined by a Baltic mafia, 1st team to appoint a sex offender as manager, 1st club to hold a church hall jumble sale & 1st off the training pitch and in the showers when its time for the uni girls netball team to practise:greengrin.

How ashamed am I with a paltry haul of 3 trophies in the last 40 years. They will surly ram the fact that they have amassed more than 3 trophies in the same time with a much larger playing budget (ha!) down our necks....oh hang on a minute....:bye:

jacomo
23-02-2010, 03:14 PM
We have a right one here in the name of Kiwidoug at the message board at the bottom of the Hootsman article :faf:

14 kiwidoug
Hello Broonie 1*. Here's my opinion. When we are on top of the league again and have 15,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list of 5,000 and are considering the use of Murrayfield for our biggest games, I will take an interest in the developmemt of a new stand.

Until then, it is so far down my list of priorities that I can't see it.

I do commend Hibs on their initiative and again encourage them to name it the Willie Bauld stand. I base this on the fact that in terms of Edinburgh people, the only time it will be populated is when the mighty Jambos come to visit.

Kiwidoug is an absolute whalloper.

It was he who said, when Hearts were described as a laughing stock, that:

"Laughing Stocks don't have War Memorials."

Hard to think how a statement could be more pompous, and yet so cheap at the same time.

I pity New Zealand.

Phil D. Rolls
23-02-2010, 03:32 PM

We have been quietly going about our business, whilst our neighbours have been acting irresponsibly. To justify their profligate spending, they pointed at us and said we "lacked ambition".

It's nice to be able to compare the two models of running a football club. We now are on the brink of having a completed stadium, our own training facility, and a track record over the last ten years which (at least) matches theres.

Forget the fact that there is an existing rivalry. Set aside the arrogant, dismissive things they have said about us. It's not about that, it's about having the courage to do things in a structured, planned manner

It means that not only do we have the things a club needs in the 21st century. It also lets us know that there is a right way to go about it. Something Hibs supporters should bear in mind in years to come if they ever get carried away by what can and can't be achieved.

The Harvard business school, should use Edinburgh football 2000 - 2010, as a case study. Sh*t there I go getting all Yammish.

The contrasting approaches of the two clubs should be used as a lesson in financial planning for all 6 year olds.

Kiwidoug is an absolute whalloper.

It was he who said, when Hearts were described as a laughing stock, that:

"Laughing Stocks don't have War Memorials."

Hard to think how a statement could be more pompous, and yet so cheap at the same time.

I pity New Zealand.

I don't disrespect their war record, it is a great story. What gets me is the way it has become a cheap retort whenever Hearts are criticised. Those gys didn't go to war so some nerd at a PC, could trivialise their deaths

Phil D. Rolls
23-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Doesn't mean they're not still *****.

Totally unbiased here, the Hearts pies are the worst I've ever had. They seem intent on burning the poor things to a crisp.

Another cunning Yam deception, sell crisps and call them piies.

Why are we so useless. Petrie!!!!!!!:grr:

soupy
23-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Fair play all round..........:greengrin

Hiber-nation
23-02-2010, 06:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6954606.stm

Only 3 months to go.....:I'm waiti

Bostonhibby
23-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I can see a financial masterplan here - Vlad is the owner of a very big bank you know, and therefore knows about these things..

It goes like this - you get each of the believers to buy and eat 4 pies (reduced fat - you fill them with sawdust and mouse droppings) per game, if they start immediately the club can use the money to buy up all the Seats Hibs are selling for a tenner each, you then put them in the car park beside the pile of boxes that are apparently the plans for the new hotelmegastadium, take a few pictures and tell the believers that progress is being made. You can probably sell them pictures.

Albanian Hibs
23-02-2010, 07:11 PM

So there!!!!!

hammy1874,

I see this is going to be the new bragging rights issue. We have 4 stands, our grounds bigger than yours etc etc etc....
Personally, i find it quite humorous that the team with the lowest support, believe they need the ground with the most seats.
I am far more concerned with what is on the pitch, rather than what seat I am in to watch events unfolding.
To that end, I believe Hearts are showing rapid improvement under JJ, and have the nucleus of a really strong side... a nice mix of youth and experience, and a strong squad starting to come good at the right time.
It may be too late to secure 3rd spot, but europe is definately on.
however, I genuinely fear for those at the san giro...
Shipping goals at an alarming rate, red cards galore, record defeats, manager banned to the stands, dwindling crowds, soon to be overtaken by both Dundee Utd and motherwell, and, quite possibly Hearts too....
I think they have enough points in the bag to ensure a 4th derby this season, but it might be touch and go.
As for the Big Cup, well, they have finally drawn a team from a league that is competitive, so don't expect them to even make the semi

Cringing with jealousy? :faf:

keep the faith
23-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Thats gonna make me laugh all night!! :greengrin

jdships
23-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Pity is for the living, envy is for the dead. ~Mark Twain

Whoever envies another confesses that persons superiority. ~Samuel Johnson.

Need we say more ?

:flag:

MacBean
23-02-2010, 09:16 PM
The capacity is increasing to 20K+ and there are 7.5k season ticket holders with average gates of around 11k, you do the math.

where does this t!t get his numbers from? last i checked we had 9500 season ticket holders and an average gate of circa 13500??

does he SERIOUSLY think we will let vermin into the east stand!? plonker!

--------
23-02-2010, 09:40 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6954606.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6954606.stm)

Only 3 months to go.....:I'm waiti

Who do you think they'll invite to play them for the centenary of the Tynecastle Main Stand?

Cos it'll still be there in 2014. :devil:

Could we not get Historic Scotland to slap a Grade 'A' Listing on it? If we ALL asked, VERY VERY nicely?

It is, after all, a vital part of Edinburgh's history.

http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/index/about.htm

Then they wouldn't be allowed to pull it down.

BEEJ
23-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Need we say more ?

You shall not set your desire on your neighbour's house or land ..... ~ The Lord your God

(Deuteronomy 5:21)

Barney McGrew
24-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Could we not get Historic Scotland to slap a Grade 'A' Listing on it? If we ALL asked, VERY VERY nicely?

I'm fairly sure that the yams have done it already - when Robinson was planning on moving them to Murrayfield I think a few of their sharper supporters contacted Historical Scotland and got them to slap a listing on it, to try and make it more difficult for it to be knocked down as part of a housing development. Fast forward a few years and the same said listing would hamper any future potential reconstruction :greengrin

It would be interesting to know exactly when their safety certificate for it runs out (IIRC it's at the end of this season), so the decision on whether they are able to use it or not may be taken away from them shortly.

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 07:17 AM

hammy1874,

I see this is going to be the new bragging rights issue. We have 4 stands, our grounds bigger than yours etc etc etc....
Personally, i find it quite humorous that the team with the lowest support, believe they need the ground with the most seats.
I am far more concerned with what is on the pitch, rather than what seat I am in to watch events unfolding.
To that end, I believe Hearts are showing rapid improvement under JJ, and have the nucleus of a really strong side... a nice mix of youth and experience, and a strong squad starting to come good at the right time.
It may be too late to secure 3rd spot, but europe is definately on.
however, I genuinely fear for those at the san giro...
Shipping goals at an alarming rate, red cards galore, record defeats, manager banned to the stands, dwindling crowds, soon to be overtaken by both Dundee Utd and motherwell, and, quite possibly Hearts too....
I think they have enough points in the bag to ensure a 4th derby this season, but it might be touch and go.
As for the Big Cup, well, they have finally drawn a team from a league that is competitive, so don't expect them to even make the semi

Cringing with jealousy? :faf:

I think this agent needs recalled for training purposes. Even the most deluded Yam wouldn't post such nonsense. :greengrin

Need we say more ?

The wise man built his house upon the rock
The foolish man built his house upon the sand.

RIP
24-02-2010, 07:22 AM

Own up - are you one of them or not?

How can you not find the Hearts shambles funny?

Because I'm old enough to remember a time before football message boards. In my lifetime I've had the good fortune to count a large number of Hearts supporting friends and relatives in my close circle. My best mate has been a Hearts ST for as long as I can remember.

In the Sixties and Seventies we attended games together in the pre-segregation era. Almost to a man or woman they were against the Mercer 'merger'. Some even supported Hands off Hibs. I always enjoyed friendly banter about results even during the '22-in-a-row' period.

Now in recent years we have enjoyed better financial prudence but I like others remember only too well the Duff/Gray shambles - pubs down south, stock market etc. I remember the First Division.

Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love has accumulated a lot of debt? Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love got in tow with a Russian millionnaire? Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love hasn't yet announced the rebuilding of their old stand?

The reason I don't is because such attempts at humour are cheap and lack class. As a born and bred Edinian I hope that Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian FC both have a strong and healthy future for generations to come.

Tom Farmer and Vladimir Romanov won't be here forever - but I am certain that both our clubs will survive.

We are Hibernian FC and we should be turning our attention towards third place, the Scottish Cup and Europe - not scoring petty points off other fans.

Glory Glory :flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I saw one Jambo cast aspersions on our new stand, decrying it's purpose and indicating there will be health and safety issues with it as the exits are at the bottom of the stand.

To paraphrase "you'll have fans clambering all over the seats and it's an accident waiting to happen".

This statement comes from a fan who most likely sits in a stand that was built in 1914 that's rickety, riddled with asbestos and looks honking. All it would take is an ill-timed fart and that stand would collapse.

johnrebus
24-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Because I'm old enough to remember a time before football message boards. In my lifetime I've had the good fortune to count a large number of Hearts supporting friends and relatives in my close circle. My best mate has been a Hearts ST for as long as I can remember.

In the Sixties and Seventies we attended games together in the pre-segregation era. Almost to a man or woman they were against the Mercer 'merger'. Some even supported Hands off Hibs. I always enjoyed friendly banter about results even during the '22-in-a-row' period.

Now in recent years we have enjoyed better financial prudence but I like others remember only too well the Duff/Gray shambles - pubs down south, stock market etc. I remember the First Division.

Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love has accumulated a lot of debt? Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love got in tow with a Russian millionnaire? Do I laugh at my friends and relatives because the club they love hasn't yet announced the rebuilding of their old stand?
The reason I don't is because such attempts at humour are cheap and lack class. As a born and bred Edinian I hope that Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian FC both have a strong and healthy future for generations to come.

Tom Farmer and Vladimir Romanov won't be here forever - but I am certain that both our clubs will survive.

We are Hibernian FC and we should be turning our attention towards third place, the Scottish Cup and Europe - not scoring petty points off other fans.Glory Glory :flag:

The sooner HOMFC go to the wall the better. Edinburgh, Scotland, the World and the Universe will be a better place without them.

And if that makes me cheap and lacking in class, then hey, I can live with that.

jacomo
24-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Surely, though, you can raise a chuckle at increasingly preposterous attempts to defend the indefensible?

Like you, I hope both teams survive... but the inaction of the Hearts supporters is, IMO, doing their club no favours at all. They seem to neither know nor care that their club is crumbling apart.

We tried rational arguments - didn't work. Their own players and staff have tried to warn them what's going on - didn't work.

Maybe, though, a group of them may just decide that they are sick of being a laughing stock.

MrSmith
24-02-2010, 09:34 AM

We are Hibernian FC and we should be turning our attention towards third place, the Scottish Cup and Europe - not scoring petty points off other fans.

Although not as experienced as you are, I have traveled the same path in my life too. I feel for my friends considering the current predicament they find their club in, we do though share a laugh and a joke about it as well believing in a common goal of two strong Edinburgh teams complimenting and competing with each other for the benefit of Scottish Football as it should be.

MrSmith
24-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Surely, though, you can raise a chuckle at increasingly preposterous attempts to defend the indefensible?

Like you, I hope both teams survive... but the inaction of the Hearts supporters is, IMO, doing their club no favours at all. They seem to neither know nor care that their club is crumbling apart.

We tried rational arguments - didn't work. Their own players and staff have tried to warn them what's going on - didn't work.

Maybe, though, a group of them may just decide that they are sick of being a laughing stock.

What we see on the BBC/EEN/Scotsman/kickback fora is not reflective of their vast support - what we see is the worst element of their support - hopefully not the same in our direction though.

In answer to your question though, yes I do chuckle at that mob above only!

WindyMiller
24-02-2010, 09:44 AM
49 years.

You and I are of the same generation and most of what you posted mirrors my own experience.

I have very few real friends that are Hibbies, and all my closest friends are Jambos. We love winding each other up, but some of the crap posted on JKB deserves to be ridiculed, and my friends wouild agree.

Peevemor
24-02-2010, 09:46 AM
49 years.

You and I are of the same generation and most of what you posted mirrors my own experience.

I have very few real friends that are Hibbies, and all my closest friends are Jambos. We love winding each other up, but some of the crap posted on JKB deserves to be ridiculed, and my friends wouild agree.

Ditto.

jacomo
24-02-2010, 10:02 AM
What we see on the BBC/EEN/Scotsman/kickback fora is not reflective of their vast support - what we see is the worst element of their support - hopefully not the same in our direction though.

In answer to your question though, yes I do chuckle at that mob above only!

You're right - on matchdays, Tynecastle is all protest banners and anti-Vlad chants... :rolleyes:

MrSmith
24-02-2010, 10:08 AM
You're right - on matchdays, Tynecastle is all protest banners and anti-Vlad chants... :rolleyes:

Firstly I never said that but that is something they should be doing however, most of my buddies are so pissed off at what is happening and can't really see a way out so the easy thing to do is and yes we make fun of it here, is to bury one's head in the sand.

At this point there is nothing they can do! shout too much they will lose their club, Vlad isn't interested in democracy and who else will take up the cause or buy them out?

The real fans of HMFC are stuck in a dilemma - what to do? :ostrich:

--------
24-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Although not as experienced as you are, I have traveled the same path in my life too. I feel for my friends considering the current predicament they find their club in, we do though share a laugh and a joke about it as well believing in a common goal of two strong Edinburgh teams complimenting and competing with each other for the benefit of Scottish Football as it should be.

Yeah, well, I'm a wee bit older than either of you, and I used to go to Tynecastle with Hearts-supporting friends; they would come to ER with me on alternate Saturdays. But oddly (maybe I'm just unlucky or unwise in my choice of friends) when Mercer came along and they started to look like genuine championship contenders (we were struggling badly at the time IIRC) the 'friendly banter' began to acquire a sharper and rather unpleasant edge to it.

And unlike yourselves, I DON'T remember lots and lots of Hearts fans rallying round to support Hands Off Hibs - the best I recollect were the guys who took the view that the mess was all our own fault (it was) and they 'hoped we could sort it out'. My cousins on my mother's side of the family thought the whole thing was hilarious and supported Mercer 100%. And got VERY nasty when we survived through STF's good offices, and then won the League Cup under the much-maligned Alex Miller. The same, I'm sorry to say, goes for Hearts-supporting work-colleagues, neighbours, and acquaintances. The exceptions (and there are some) are, alas, numbered in single figures.

So while I applaud your gracious stance, I don't share it. Nor do a whole lot of Hibees whose experience was closer to mine than yours. Every time I reach the point where I think about looking up some old Jambo friends and maybe mending fences with them, I meet one, and he comes out with exactly the same cruddy rubbish you find on Kickback. I long ago reached the conclusion that while there ARE a number of Hearts supporters who AREN'T like the Kickbackers, there are a whole lot more who think, talk, and act exactly like that. Check out the number of subscribers to that site - enough to form a sizeable minority at least.

I live in North Lanarkshire, and I have to say that I get much less hassle and unpleasantness from Rangers supporters than from the remaining Hearts supporters I know.

Hard as it may be for some netters to credit, they're actually nicer people.

So the sooner Vladdy-boy finishes the job and we have the Capital to ourselves, the better I'll be pleased.

jgl07
24-02-2010, 11:01 AM
The sooner HOMFC go to the wall the better. Edinburgh, Scotland, the World and the Universe will be a better place without them.

And if that makes me cheap and lacking in class, then hey, I can live with that.

Anyone who thinks Hearts will simply disappear is rather deluded.

If (or rather when) Vlad pulls the plug (or has it pulled for him), Hearts will re-emerge in a new form.

I would bet that if HoMFC are wound up, a new club will be formed and take the vacant place in Division Three. They would groundshare with Livingston. Failing that a club such as East Stirlingshire would be taken over renamed as Edinburgh Hearts or some such and moved to Livingston.

The club would probably attract 4,000 to 5,000 in Division Three and would zip up through the Divisions and be back in the SPL within four years.

bawheid
24-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, well, I'm a wee bit older than either of you, and I used to go to Tynecastle with Hearts-supporting friends; they would come to ER with me on alternate Saturdays. But oddly (maybe I'm just unlucky or unwise in my choice of friends) when Mercer came along and they started to look like genuine championship contenders (we were struggling badly at the time IIRC) the 'friendly banter' began to acquire a sharper and rather unpleasant edge to it.

And unlike yourselves, I DON'T remember lots and lots of Hearts fans rallying round to support Hands Off Hibs - the best I recollect were the guys who took the view that the mess was all our own fault (it was) and they 'hoped we could sort it out'. My cousins on my mother's side of the family thought the whole thing was hilarious and supported Mercer 100%. And got VERY nasty when we survived through STF's good offices, and then won the League Cup under the much-maligned Alex Miller. The same, I'm sorry to say, goes for Hearts-supporting work-colleagues, neighbours, and acquaintances. The exceptions (and there are some) are, alas, numbered in single figures.

So while I applaud your gracious stance, I don't share it. Nor do a whole lot of Hibees whose experience was closer to mine than yours. Every time I reach the point where I think about looking up some old Jambo friends and maybe mending fences with them, I meet one, and he comes out with exactly the same cruddy rubbish you find on Kickback. I long ago reached the conclusion that while there ARE a number of Hearts supporters who AREN'T like the Kickbackers, there are a whole lot more who think, talk, and act exactly like that. Check out the number of subscribers to that site - enough to form a sizeable minority at least.

I live in North Lanarkshire, and I have to say that I get much less hassle and unpleasantness from Ranger supporters than from the remaining Hearts supporters I know.

So the sooner Vladdy-boy finishes the job and we have the Capital to ourselves, the better I'll be pleased.

Far closer to the truth in my experience.

--------
24-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Far closer to the truth in my experience.

Tell you a story.

I was down in Edinburgh in May 1998, attending the General Assembly (of the Kirk). The highlight of my year - NOT.

That was the year we were relegated, and they won the SC.

On the Monday morning of the G.ASS. this simpering plook got up on his hind legs, minced up to the front of the Assembly Hall, and smirking all over his silly face proposed that "the General Assembly should extend its warmest congratulations to Heart of Midlothian Football Club on their winning of the Scottish Cup on Saturday last".

He survived because I couldn't get down to the front myself in time to catch him.

That's a Yam for you.

johnrebus
24-02-2010, 11:55 AM

If (or rather when) Vlad pulls the plug (or has it pulled for him), Hearts will re-emerge in a new form.

I would bet that if HoMFC are wound up, a new club will be formed and take the vacant place in Division Three. They would groundshare with Livingston. Failing that a club such as East Stirlingshire would be taken over renamed as Edinburgh Hearts or some such and moved to Livingston.

The club would probably attract 4,000 to 5,000 in Division Three and would zip up through the Divisions and be back in the SPL within four years.

Yep.

That would be fine by me.

I would just like to see the ugly puss of every Jambo when the plug is pulled and the penny finally drops.

PS

Does anyone have the wonderful image of Tesco falling from the sky straight onto Tynecastle?

bawheid
24-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Tell you a story.

I was down in Edinburgh in May 1998, attending the General Assembly (of the Kirk). The highlight of my year - NOT.

That was the year we were relegated, and they won the SC.

On the Monday morning of the G.ASS. this simpering plook got up on his hind legs, minced up to the front of the Assembly Hall, and smirking all over his silly face proposed that "the General Assembly should extend its warmest congratulations to Heart of Midlothian Football Club on their winning of the Scottish Cup on Saturday last".

He survived because I couldn't get down to the front myself in time to catch him.

Yup, far more like the truth.

My experience with yams is that they're quite happy to talk football with you when Hearts are doing well. They'll often discuss how Hibs are doing in a polite and interested manner, but more often than not there's a lingering dose of sarcasm or sense that you're being patronised.

They'll happily converse with you about the most recent derby, if they've won. However, since the start of this lingering slide into oblivion, I hear a lot less from my Merrick acquaintances. They're not so keen to talk about football and slither away when any comparison is made between the two Edinburgh clubs.

The Big team can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Fuds, almost to a man.

Owain_1987
24-02-2010, 12:06 PM

Some snippets...

Few things how do they know it look cheap no really photos have been realised yet. Second they will never step foot in our new stand :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin FTH

Dibben
24-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Roman Romanov is actually a very clever guy

"In our mind, the result will undoubtedly lead to Edinburgh being home to one of the country's top football stadiums while also offering benefits to those that live and work in the surrounding area," said Romanov.

I'm not entirely sure he was talking about Hibs at the time, but he got it spot on!!!

:thumbsup:

BH.

clerriehibs
24-02-2010, 12:34 PM

1st Division was good :greengrin, once you got used to the fact we'd been relegated! A wee diversion for a year!

I used to know some decent Hearts fans as well. Now I don't discuss football with any of them at all. For some reason, let's call it Romanov, they, en-masse, turned into an abhorrent, vitriolic, self-serving, navel-gazing clan of hyenas. It can all be focussed in the one statement they almost all came out with - "we don't consider the likes of Hibs as our competitors any more". Funny, had it been normal banter. But it wasn't normal banter. They beLIEved it ... or wanted to.

I know it's an OTT and insensitive comparison, but Hitler turned almost a whole nation of people into something they weren't. On a far, far lesser scale, Romanov turned Hearts supporters into Yams.

So ridicule? Yes, they deserve it.

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 12:52 PM

I'd argue that it is fan power that has got them into this mess. Never has the expression "be careful what you wish for been more appropriate". They wanted to be the big men, and sneered at us because - having seen the mess that unrealistic ambitions brings - we didn't think speculating to accumulate was wise.

49 years.

ditto as well:thumbsup:

Mikey
24-02-2010, 01:06 PM

It is, after all, a vital part of Edinburgh's history.

http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/index/about.htm

Then they wouldn't be allowed to pull it down.

I'm fairly sure that the yams have done it already - when Robinson was planning on moving them to Murrayfield I think a few of their sharper supporters contacted Historical Scotland and got them to slap a listing on it, to try and make it more difficult for it to be knocked down as part of a housing development. Fast forward a few years and the same said listing would hamper any future potential reconstruction :greengrin

Nah, I'm sure it isn't listed. It was suggested by them when Robinson was selling to CALA but when it was pointed out that it would make the land valueless they shelved that idea.

So far, a Hibs fan hasn't got the ball rolling on that one.

Yet :greengrin

jacomo
24-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Nah, I'm sure it isn't listed. It was suggested by them when Robinson was selling to CALA but when it was pointed out that it would make the land valueless they shelved that idea.

Can't be many Archibald Leitch stands left, can there?

:hmmm:

Sergy Pie
24-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Yup, far more like the truth.

My experience with yams is that they're quite happy to talk football with you when Hearts are doing well. They'll often discuss how Hibs are doing in a polite and interested manner, but more often than not there's a lingering dose of sarcasm or sense that you're being patronised.

They'll happily converse with you about the most recent derby, if they've won. However, since the start of this lingering slide into oblivion, I hear a lot less from my Merrick acquaintances. They're not so keen to talk about football and slither away when any comparison is made between the two Edinburgh clubs.

The Big team can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Fuds, almost to a man.

There was a post a while back that tried to explain how the historical background of the club is behind the jumbo mindset. It was one of the best posts I've ever read in 10 years of Hibs.Net but I can't for the life find it as I can't remember the original poster.

10 pies to the person who can find it.

They're a slippery bunch so they are. They do change their spots more often than most depending on how their team is doing. They also have a tendancy to gloss over Vlad's reign with some sort of rollercoaster analogy.

I'd be alarmed if I was a Hearts fan, and if not alarmed, completely disheartened about the club in general and how it potrays itself and goes about it's business. The last 5 years would have seen me support another team out of embarrassment and shame.

Kato
24-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Pretty much my experience. Some of the guys I worked with at the time did themselves zero favours at that time.

Andy74
24-02-2010, 01:50 PM
There was a post a while back that tried to explain how the historical background of the club is behind the jumbo mindset. It was one of the best posts I've ever read in 10 years of Hibs.Net but I can't for the life find it as I can't remember the original poster.

They're a slippery bunch so they are. They do change their spots more often than most depending on how their team is doing. They also have a tendancy to gloss over Vlad's reign with some sort of rollercoaster analogy.

I'd be alarmed if I was a Hearts fan, and if not alarmed, completely disheartened about the club in general and how it potrays itself and goes about it's business. The last 5 years would have seen me support another team out of embarrassment and shame.

Totally agree mate. We are different and we would not have stood for this and allowed our club to be used in this way without a huge movement to do something about it.

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Is the one at the PBS a Leitch? It doesn't look like his later work such as those at: ER, Dens, Roker Park or Goodison.

If it is a Leitch it is a rare example of his early work, and is surely worthy of Grade A status. This isn't about Hearts folks, it's about preserving something that sums up the early years of the last century.

On second thougts....

Phil MaGlass
24-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I too have a few yam mates and have told them as I have told my other mates that when the yams go to the wall I will be dancing all over the place shouting GIRFUY in the loudest voice I can muster and will be handing out the whisky by the gallon,I also dont believe in the Edinburgh needs 2 strong teams nonsense, WHY? its utter pi5h, to believe that Edinburgh teams could achieve a comparison with the OF.Look at Dundee 2 teams doesnt make any difference to their teams.

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 02:13 PM
The Yams will be looking for a stadium to rent soon (also see Yamasaurus). Surely it would be prudent if we could at least keep the club afloat? Otherwise we'll look like the bitter, twisted, braggarts.

Hibs must remain true to its original objective of helping Edinburgh's poor.

mjhibby
24-02-2010, 02:54 PM

I live in North Lanarkshire, and I have to say that I get much less hassle and unpleasantness from Rangers supporters than from the remaining Hearts supporters I know.

I think the time has long gone where the majority of hertz fans were sensible to talk to.The seem to be unable to look at any given situation rationally and are definetely the most disliked fans in the spl even dare i say it ahead of the oldfirm.It never used to be like that but since the mad one took over it doesnt
matter how big the debt gets,or how many embarassing semifinals defeats they get or false promises they get they believe everything they are told.I actually wouldnt care if they folded but would worry which teams they would then attach themselves to.Scottish football wouldnt miss them,just ask fans of other spl clubs.

Benny Brazil
24-02-2010, 03:16 PM

Same experience here Doddie - 100% spot on.
Most of my friends are Hearts supporters and we used to enjoy a bit of banter in the pub on a Saturday - even during the 22 draws in a row run - but that changed in the 90s - I havent spoken to many of them over the last few years - one of the reasons, from my side is, I cant be bothered with the smug arrogance they still show when talking about Hearts.

Hibs07p
24-02-2010, 03:21 PM

You're probably correct, and when they got there, the deluded ones would still be talking about their proposed new £100M stand that is still awaiting approval by the West Lothian Council. :wink:

Hainan Hibs
24-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I used to have a few Yam supporting mates, don't speak to any of them now.

They became the biggest group of tossers I've ever came across. They couldn't keep the "Big team" "108 years" "crap attendances" crap out of any conversation.

I hope Hearts go to the wall. Their fans have done NOTHING and sat back and accepted everything Romanov has done and they have become the biggest set of knobs on the planet.

They are pathetic, a complete and utter embarrassment and do not deserve their club.

mjhibby
24-02-2010, 04:27 PM

They became the biggest group of tossers I've ever came across. They couldn't keep the "Big team" "108 years" "crap attendances" crap out of any conversation.

I hope Hearts go to the wall. Their fans have done NOTHING and sat back and accepted everything Romanov has done and they have become the biggest set of knobs on the planet.

They are pathetic, a complete and utter embarrassment and do not deserve their club.

Rather well put sir if i may say so.:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
24-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Some snippets...

oh dear desperate hearts fan there his little teams toy pink stands have to be the silliest stands in european football

down the slope
24-02-2010, 05:27 PM
How any of that lot can slag us about the new stand is beyond me, anyone remember the new press boxes they built last year and i use the term loosely,
maybe someone can remind us with an image of the super facilities.

RickyS
24-02-2010, 05:42 PM

agree with all of that, except the bit at the end. they are born stupid and deluded and deserve everything they get:jamboak:

Jack
24-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Ach! never mind next season we can say its been 108 years since they've had a new main stand! :greengrin

mixumatosis
24-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Just to echo the sentiments of many above, I sit next to a Jambo at work and the first time I can recall him mentioning the SPL this season was when we lost last midweek. I've mentioned on various monday mornings that i'd been at ER when we won and they lost but that's never stimulated any conversation, despite the fact he played for both Hibs and Hearts at youth level.

I don't know of ANY hibs fan who refuses to take our Scottish Cup record on the chin, but I know plenty of mini huns who believe that ANY mishap they suffer is someone elses fault, some miscarriage of justice or worst of all, just something they have to bend over for.

--------
24-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Is the one at the PBS a Leitch? It doesn't look like his later work such as those at: ER, Dens, Roker Park or Goodison.

If it is a Leitch it is a rare example of his early work, and is surely worthy of Grade A status. This isn't about Hearts folks, it's about preserving something that sums up the early years of the last century.

On second thoughts....

This was kinda my thinking, guys.

We pulled ours down to build our soul-less, character-less (but very comfortable and extremely functional) West Stand. I'm sure we all regret that decision now, right? :rolleyes:

The Dens one IMO doesn't have the character or classic timeless quality of the one at Tynecastle. It's a later example as well, IIRC, and therefore much less important culturally and historically. The Hearts stand dates back to just before the First world War - which as we all know, is The War That Hearts Won All On Their Own, and therefore an essential and intimate part of the heritage of every Jambolino and Jambolina. :cool2:

Would it not be an unmitigated tragedy if this classic and historically significant structure, located as it is a stone's throw from the centre of our beloved capital city (and I'm sure we'd all be willing to exhaustively test out THAT hypothesis), should be loost to posterity for the lack of a little initiative on the part of a few sensible, responsible, and civic-minded citizens.

Hibernian made a tragic mistake in demolishing one Leitch grandstand; surely it's no more than Christian charity to protect our Yamish counterparts from making the same irrevocable error?

Hmm?

The link is http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/ (http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/)

And the address and telephone is:

Historic Scotland
Longmore House
Salisbury Place
Edinburgh
EH9 1SH
Tel: (0131) 668 8600

I merely make the suggestion..... :devil:

NaeTechnoHibby
24-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Us neither :agree:

WE mobilised our support back in 1990 and have improved our infrastucture and team, despite ongoing TV sheeiiitee, and have actually improved :thumbsup:

Read it and weep Jambos :greengrin

C I Hibee
24-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I am used to getting text from a fud jambo whenever they win etc. For most of this season however it has been very very quiet. After their win over the mighty Hamilton on Sunday he was back, out of the wood work saying what a great week it had been.
I sent him this text in reply " On the day that Hibs announce they are building their new stand to give Hibs the best stadium outside of Glasgow. What does the big team announce? They are going to start selling low fat pies!! Big team my arse " :agree:
Silence has returned :thumbsup:

--------
24-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I am used to getting text from a fud jambo whenever they win etc. For most of this season however it has been very very quiet. After their win over the mighty Hamilton on Sunday he was back, out of the wood work saying what a great week it had been.
I sent him this text in reply " On the day that Hibs announce they are building their new stand to give Hibs the best stadium outside of Glasgow. What does the big team announce? They are going to start selling low fat pies!! Big team my arse " :agree:
Silence has returned :thumbsup:

But they're going to do an equity for debt deal (or something like that - read 'all smoke and mirrors, I'd guess) so that they can finally start building the MegaYammaDrome with built-in hotel, carpark and shopping mall as soon as the nasty people in Edinburgh's planning department give them the go-ahead.

Vladdymare wouldn't break his word to the wee souls, now would he? :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
24-02-2010, 07:36 PM
This was kinda my thinking, guys.

We pulled ours down to build our soul-less, character-less (but very comfortable and extremely functional) West Stand. I'm sure we all regret that decision now, right? :rolleyes:

The Dens one IMO doesn't have the character or classic timeless quality of the one at Tynecastle. It's a later example as well, IIRC, and therefore much less important culturally and historically. The Hearts stand dates back to just before the First world War - which as we all know, is The War That Hearts Won All On Their Own, and therefore an essential and intimate part of the heritage of every Jambolino and Jambolina. :cool2:

Would it not be an unmitigated tragedy if this classic and historically significant structure, located as it is a stone's throw from the centre of our beloved capital city (and I'm sure we'd all be willing to exhaustively test out THAT hypothesis), should be loost to posterity for the lack of a little initiative on the part of a few sensible, responsible, and civic-minded citizens.

Hibernian made a tragic mistake in demolishing one Leitch grandstand; surely it's no more than Christian charity to protect our Yamish counterparts from making the same irrevocable error?

Hmm?

The link is http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/ (http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/)

And the address and telephone is:

Historic Scotland
Longmore House
Salisbury Place
Edinburgh
EH9 1SH
Tel: (0131) 668 8600

I merely make the suggestion..... :devil:

In the current climate where souless architecture is springing up all over our once fair and genteel city, it would only be right to preserve this jewel in the crown of West Edinburgh.

It's an area that has been described as arriviste for too long. IIRC the great Basil Spence claimed the PBS was his inspiration for his design of Coventry Cathedral. Or was it the Luftwaffe?

Anway, I'm surprised the Yam on the street has not picked up on this. We all know he is a scholar of the arts, and a keen historian. Surely those brave men didnt enlist for their memory to be treated so shabbily.

We can do what we can, but as pikey,methadone swilling, peg selling Hobos, it is limited. What it takes is the fans of that great and famous team to stand up for what they think is right and......er........open.......letter........blue envelope.................................WITH AN AIRMAIL STAMP!!!!!

Make no mistake they mean business. :agree:

RIP
25-02-2010, 08:29 AM
So I guess some of you simply feel justified in obessing about football rivalry

Have a nice life

I find the idea that a friend or relative is somehow a lesser human being because he supports a rival football team frankly ridiculous.

Some of you appear to have met a lot of Hearts supporters who are self-righteous plonkers. (polite term!)

I'm glad I'm not you - and I mean that!

Phil D. Rolls
25-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Have a nice life

I find the idea that a friend or relative is somehow a lesser human being because he supports a rival football team frankly ridiculous.

Some of you appear to have met a lot of Hearts supporters who are self-righteous plonkers. (polite term!)

There are shades of grey.

Get over yourself.

tamig
25-02-2010, 10:22 PM

I remember pishing myself at the time I saw that. The big team with the biggest planning application! Just shows that size isn't everything though :bitchy:

Bunch of erses.

tamig
25-02-2010, 11:03 PM

Here here :brokenyam:

jockodile
26-02-2010, 12:08 AM
agree with sentiments above. when i lived in glasgow i never had any bother with old firm fans, other than mildly annoying attitudes from patronising celts.

yams meanwhile can gtf - roll on the day they go bust

as with any walk of life there will be good ones, but the most i've come across as Kickbackesque and I remember vividly the attitudes in 1990. The chairman of their supporters club wasn't in the minority when voicing his 'final victory' comment.

Derbies with falkirk or pars would suit me just fine.

jacomo
26-02-2010, 08:17 AM
In the current climate where souless architecture is springing up all over our once fair and genteel city, it would only be right to preserve this jewel in the crown of West Edinburgh.

Surprised that Uncle Vlad hasn't used this argument himself.

Expect him to declare that, in the interests of preserving Hearts' heritage, the Main Stand is going to be left just as it is after all (botched press boxes and other minor vandalism aside).

However, because it's such an old structure, a few renovations will be needed - probably about £51m worth, in fact.

Hearts will need to borrow money to do this, but don't need to worry about this of course, because they owe it to themselves.

Big Frank
26-02-2010, 09:42 AM

It's an area that has been described as arriviste for too long. IIRC the great Basil Spence claimed the PBS was his inspiration for his design of Coventry Cathedral. Or was it the Luftwaffe?

Anway, I'm surprised the Yam on the street has not picked up on this. We all know he is a scholar of the arts, and a keen historian. Surely those brave men didnt enlist for their memory to be treated so shabbily.

We can do what we can, but as pikey,methadone swilling, peg selling Hobos, it is limited. What it takes is the fans of that great and famous team to stand up for what they think is right and......er........open.......letter........blue envelope.................................WITH AN AIRMAIL STAMP!!!!!

Make no mistake they mean business. :agree:

:faf::faf:

Phil MaGlass
26-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Wont the yams be in line for a grant to do up their antique stand, as if it comes under the Grade A listing they can ask for funding,these yams:tsk tsk: any old trick in the book to get public funding.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2010, 10:45 AM

Have a nice life

I find the idea that a friend or relative is somehow a lesser human being because he supports a rival football team frankly ridiculous.Some of you appear to have met a lot of Hearts supporters who are self-righteous plonkers. (polite term!)

No, patently obvious.

Tomayto-tomato?

--------
26-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Wont the yams be in line for a grant to do up their antique stand, as if it comes under the Grade A listing they can ask for funding,these yams:tsk tsk: any old trick in the book to get public funding.

Trust me - it's one thing to put in an application, it's another thing to get any money.

For one thing - they'd have to show Hist Scot an accurate and up-to-date set of accounts.

Which are as mythical as a squadron of flying pigs. :devil:

clerriehibs
26-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Have a nice life

In not meeting any (what? none? really?), you're obviously far luckier than most of the rest of us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Will the skint pink ones be able to put the old hut on Antiques Roadshow?

Iggy Pope
26-02-2010, 10:36 PM

What is all this? Yer only 53! I've got troosers older than that. You telling me that you weren't pissing yr 16 year old pants at the 7-0 game?

Hainan Hibs
26-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Have a nice life

My life is faaaaantastic without Yams in it:thumbsup:

ScottB
26-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Trust me - it's one thing to put in an application, it's another thing to get any money.

For one thing - they'd have to show Hist Scot an accurate and up-to-date set of accounts.

Which are as mythical as a squadron of flying pigs. :devil:

More to the point it's a right nightmare to demolish listed structures further down the line... :devil:

Greentinted
26-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Talking of Berra is that him in the Sportscene titles getting wed in a green kilt?

At 33 secs on this clip: YouTube - Sportscene titles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32oF7VH823U)

Diclonius
26-02-2010, 11:00 PM
agree with sentiments above. when i lived in glasgow i never had any bother with old firm fans, other than mildly annoying attitudes from patronising celts.

I too have found that despite, most likely being total **** on match day, the Rangers fans I've encountered in real life have been genuinely nice people, who enjoy talking about Hibs, their team and football in general. Celtic fans, on the other hand, are total cocks and seem to think we're their wee team.

Weird.

Twa Cairpets
26-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Have a nice life

Seriously, that is a post of monumental smugness.

What you see as obsessing everyone else sees as taking the p!ss and having a laugh. Lesser human beings? No, not necessarily, bit football rival and therefore an opponent, oh yes.

As was so eloquently stated above. Get over yourself.

RIP
27-02-2010, 12:26 AM
:fishin:

Big Frank
27-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Just to echo the sentiments of many above, I sit next to a Jambo at work and the first time I can recall him mentioning the SPL this season was when we lost last midweek. I've mentioned on various monday mornings that i'd been at ER when we won and they lost but that's never stimulated any conversation, despite the fact he played for both Hibs and Hearts at youth level.

I don't know of ANY hibs fan who refuses to take our Scottish Cup record on the chin, but I know plenty of mini huns who believe that ANY mishap they suffer is someone elses fault, some miscarriage of justice or worst of all, just something they have to bend over for.

:agree:

At my work the yambam keeps trying to take the usual monday fitba crack away from the fitba, and talk about American Fitba', which I've never been into. Hilarious.

We own the capital.

Phil D. Rolls
27-02-2010, 09:15 AM
:fishin:

Nice one, have a good life :greengrin

Your wind up was just too subtle for me mate. I must stop taking myself so seriously.

--------
27-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I too have found that despite, most likely being total **** on match day, the Rangers fans I've encountered in real life have been genuinely nice people, who enjoy talking about Hibs, their team and football in general. Celtic fans, on the other hand, are total cocks and seem to think we're their wee team.

Weird.

That's exactly my experience - at the match they can be unbearable, but at other times perfectly OK.

Celtic supporters tend to be fixated on (a) we are their wee team, as you say, and (b) we're somehow deficient in Proper Oirishness.

(See Jhack Rheghan, passim.)

And however irritating Rangers supporters can be when they win, they're nothing like as pompous and patronising as the Celtic crowd are.

This has been so for as long as I've followed football.

MrSmith
27-02-2010, 09:41 AM

That's exactly my experience - at the match they can be unbearable, but at other times perfectly OK.

Celtic supporters tend to be fixated on (a) we are their wee team, as you say, and (b) we're somehow deficient in Proper Oirishness.

(See Jhack Rheghan, passim.)

And however irritating Rangers supporters can be when they win, they're nothing like as pompous and patronising as the Celtic crowd are.

This has been so for as long as I've followed football.

So in a uniquely odd and ironic way Hearts and Celtic are incredibly similar in their approach and manner to the rest of Scottish Football fans?

:devil::devil::devil:

RIP
27-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Nice one, have a good life :greengrin

Your wind up was just too subtle for me mate. I must stop taking myself so seriously.

And I will stop letting my alter ego take over the keyboard :greengrin

However my underlying point remains

Why obsess about the Yams - I just don't get it? It makes us look small-minded and petty.

They are not a yardstick aginst how we should measure our success. My view of Hibernian FC is that we are different class - on and off the park.

We need to move on and set our sights higher IMO

--------
27-02-2010, 09:52 AM
So in a uniquely odd and ironic way Hearts and Celtic are incredibly similar in their approach and manner to the rest of Scottish Football fans?

:devil::devil::devil:

Dunno about the rest of Scottish football, but in my experience they're totally obnoxious towards us at every opportunity.

MrSmith
27-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Dunno about the rest of Scottish football, but in my experience they're totally obnoxious towards us at every opportunity.

Well...let's make the association and see where it goes! :devil:

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2010, 10:06 AM

Why obsess about the Yams - I just don't get it? It makes us look small-minded and petty.

They are not a yardstick aginst how we should measure our success. My view of Hibernian FC is that we are different class - on and off the park.

ITS FOOTBALL RIVALRY!!!?!!!!

No-one said it would be mature. It's meant to be petty and FUN!! Set our sights higher????? Like start taking the pash out of Rangers or Celtic fans??? We do that as well! How any Hibs fan can not enjoy having a wee chuckle at the current predicament the yams find themselves in(after year, upon year, upon year of them taking the piss!!)is completely and utterly beyond me!! Its a football forum ffs, its meant to be banter. Can u think of ANY club side in the world who doesn't take an interest in their biggest rivals?!? You reap what u sow...and to a man, Hearts fans have sowing a humoungous amount of 5hite over the past few yrs. And for what its worth, a lot of my good mates are Hearts fans :jamboak:

One Day Soon
27-02-2010, 10:37 AM

Was it this one which I originally posted in response to - of all people - Shaun Lawson? I posted a much fuller version earlier but didn't have time to find it this morning. They are I'm afraid victims of having collectively completely bought their own bull5hit - that is what has made them simultaneously so smug and with so little to be smug about.

"It's hard to know where to begin in responding to your post Shaun.

Let me first of all say this though. I have argued elsewhere on Hibs.net about the psychology of Hearts fans - describing a very significant proportion of them as:

"He’s that guy with the blazer, dated Rover, RAC polished grille badge, yellow cardigan, driving gloves and a mid ranking position in an Edinburgh financial services company. Desperate for status, recognition and respect way beyond his reality."

Now of course this was partly banter and abuse for the sheer hell of it, but it was also a serious attempt to characterise the mentality of a huge proportion of your fellow supporters. Naturally they don't really all drive Rovers, have polished RAC grille badges etc but what I was aiming at was that fundamentally establishment outlook that so many of them have. Supporting the establishment (wanting to be part of it), preserving the status quo and avoiding all risk is where they are instinctively most comfortable. What this means for you and the very limited number of those Yams sympathetic to your despair is that basically the only people who have any vague chance of forcing change - the fans - are fundamentally ill-equipped for the kind of outsider, anti-establishment, confrontational and risky actions and tactics required to try to bring this circus to an end.

What are those actions and tactics? Well firstly you have to stop demonstrating to the owner that no matter what he says or does (or fails to say or do) you will still obediently buy season tickets, turn up at the gate with your wallets and play ball on match day without any serious opposition. At the moment NONE of his actions have consequences.

Your big test really was when Pressley, Hartley and Gordon had the balls to hold a press conference and make clear that they were very unhappy. His response was to, sooner or later, ship them out. The fans' response? Your best players, with pedigrees of loyalty and delivery to the club were suddenly parasites, outcasts and has-beens. It was morally reprehensible of the fans to willfully delude themselves and anyone else who would listen over what was going on. It was a green light to Romanov - "Do whatever you like to us, we will simply bend over and ask for more".

You ask what you can do and what courses of action can be taken. I'm afraid that in doing so you betray that even now you are not fully grasping the reality facing you and the courage and determination required if you wish to take action which constitutes your regaining some degree of control and influence, rather than simply indulging in acts of protest. Here's why. You said this - "there was pressure on us all to at least attempt to compete with the OF. Plus, in our case, there was the club's raison d'etre of the time: winning a trophy at long last! But that's why our debt soared to a point whereby we ended up either having to sell our stadium, or put our faith in a complete stranger whose intentions we could only guess." You are in this trouble precisely because you serially caved and took the easy option - spending money you didn't have, buying a cup you weren't willing to wait longer for, putting your faith in a complete stranger rather than face up to the financial truth, refusing to sell your stadium to clear your debt and safeguard your financial future AND at the same time medicating your easy option 'habit' (ironic that the Kickbakistanis love to call US the junkies!)with completely mad claims about the future he would lead you to, which you eventually all started to believe. So any action you have to take to get yourselves out of trouble has to begin by recognising all the serial failures of the past and then adopting behaviour which isn't just another short term option. To put it another way, the painful choices you are faced with now are not simply the consequences of the past, they are also precisely the sort of choices you refused to take in the past and which led you to this point.

Any action you take which does not force Romanov to make a choice or a decision is simpy an act of protest. It has no value and no effect because he can continue to run the club as he currently does knowing that nothing major will change. Ask yourself this question - In what way is HMFC useful to Romanov? The answers appear to be that he can use it as a platform to showcase a range of players from other places in order to raise their value and generate a revenue stream, he can make money from the club on the basis of interest and debt repayments to UBIG in which he is the largest single shareholder, he can make money from the redevelopment of the site of the final stand via the associated property developments and he can use his ownership of the club as a platform of visibility for any other business interests in the UK that he may wish to pursue. So if you want to force him to rethink what he is doing at all, you have to threaten what is useful to him. That probably means fighting the planning application, choking off gate money, threatening the team as a football platform, reducing advertising revenue and closing down his business credibility and positive media coverage for other schemes. All of that is a very long haul, with limited guarantee of success and feels totally counter to your instincts. The alternative is 100% guaranteed to be that you remain locked in the boot of the car with no idea or control of the destination.

Your only choices here start with a boycott of games to demonstrate your seriousness and finish with your complete withdrawal of financial support for the club under his control if he does not respond to your action. Now the answer almost every Yam will give to this proposal is to say "But he can just walk away from the club and we are screwed because no-one else will come in with enough money to save the club". Yes that is exactly right. You are screwed if you do and screwed if you don't. But at least if you go down the path of asserting the ownership of your team by the fans, you can start to challenge the ownership of the club by those who don't seem to know or care what it means to you and your fellow fans. Better to live free, happy and in hope than to die a little every day under a dictator's yolk. Even if we are talking about checking out and literally starting the club from scratch all over again.

I remember the day we were relegated against Dundee United at Easter Road. I said then and I believe it still now - I'd rather be a Hibs supporter all my life even if it meant watching them get relegated in every game they played or seeing them in the lowest possible league, than spend a single day supporting any other club no matter what heights that other club reached.

So the real question is this - how much do you love your team? Enough to reclaim it and give it a meaningful future in twenty years time even though you and many of your fellow supporters will reap little of the reward for the tough action required? Or only enough to whine and complain about what is being done, but basically rather than take hard action wait still longer and hope that somewhere, somehow the world owes Hearts fans a living and it will all be sorted out for you?

Over to you guys."

--------
27-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Was it this one which I originally posted in response to - of all people - Shaun Lawson? I posted a much fuller version earlier but didn't have time to find it this morning. They are I'm afraid victims of having collectively completely bought their own bull5hit - that is what has made them simultaneously so smug and with so little to be smug about.

"It's hard to know where to begin in responding to your post Shaun.

Let me first of all say this though. I have argued elsewhere on Hibs.net about the psychology of Hearts fans - describing a very significant proportion of them as:

"He’s that guy with the blazer, dated Rover, RAC polished grille badge, yellow cardigan, driving gloves and a mid ranking position in an Edinburgh financial services company. Desperate for status, recognition and respect way beyond his reality."

Now of course this was partly banter and abuse for the sheer hell of it, but it was also a serious attempt to characterise the mentality of a huge proportion of your fellow supporters. Naturally they don't really all drive Rovers, have polished RAC grille badges etc but what I was aiming at was that fundamentally establishment outlook that so many of them have. Supporting the establishment (wanting to be part of it), preserving the status quo and avoiding all risk is where they are instinctively most comfortable. What this means for you and the very limited number of those Yams sympathetic to your despair is that basically the only people who have any vague chance of forcing change - the fans - are fundamentally ill-equipped for the kind of outsider, anti-establishment, confrontational and risky actions and tactics required to try to bring this circus to an end.

What are those actions and tactics? Well firstly you have to stop demonstrating to the owner that no matter what he says or does (or fails to say or do) you will still obediently buy season tickets, turn up at the gate with your wallets and play ball on match day without any serious opposition. At the moment NONE of his actions have consequences.

Your big test really was when Pressley, Hartley and Gordon had the balls to hold a press conference and make clear that they were very unhappy. His response was to, sooner or later, ship them out. The fans' response? Your best players, with pedigrees of loyalty and delivery to the club were suddenly parasites, outcasts and has-beens. It was morally reprehensible of the fans to willfully delude themselves and anyone else who would listen over what was going on. It was a green light to Romanov - "Do whatever you like to us, we will simply bend over and ask for more".

You ask what you can do and what courses of action can be taken. I'm afraid that in doing so you betray that even now you are not fully grasping the reality facing you and the courage and determination required if you wish to take action which constitutes your regaining some degree of control and influence, rather than simply indulging in acts of protest. Here's why. You said this - "there was pressure on us all to at least attempt to compete with the OF. Plus, in our case, there was the club's raison d'etre of the time: winning a trophy at long last! But that's why our debt soared to a point whereby we ended up either having to sell our stadium, or put our faith in a complete stranger whose intentions we could only guess." You are in this trouble precisely because you serially caved and took the easy option - spending money you didn't have, buying a cup you weren't willing to wait longer for, putting your faith in a complete stranger rather than face up to the financial truth, refusing to sell your stadium to clear your debt and safeguard your financial future AND at the same time medicating your easy option 'habit' (ironic that the Kickbakistanis love to call US the junkies!)with completely mad claims about the future he would lead you to, which you eventually all started to believe. So any action you have to take to get yourselves out of trouble has to begin by recognising all the serial failures of the past and then adopting behaviour which isn't just another short term option. To put it another way, the painful choices you are faced with now are not simply the consequences of the past, they are also precisely the sort of choices you refused to take in the past and which led you to this point.

Any action you take which does not force Romanov to make a choice or a decision is simpy an act of protest. It has no value and no effect because he can continue to run the club as he currently does knowing that nothing major will change. Ask yourself this question - In what way is HMFC useful to Romanov? The answers appear to be that he can use it as a platform to showcase a range of players from other places in order to raise their value and generate a revenue stream, he can make money from the club on the basis of interest and debt repayments to UBIG in which he is the largest single shareholder, he can make money from the redevelopment of the site of the final stand via the associated property developments and he can use his ownership of the club as a platform of visibility for any other business interests in the UK that he may wish to pursue. So if you want to force him to rethink what he is doing at all, you have to threaten what is useful to him. That probably means fighting the planning application, choking off gate money, threatening the team as a football platform, reducing advertising revenue and closing down his business credibility and positive media coverage for other schemes. All of that is a very long haul, with limited guarantee of success and feels totally counter to your instincts. The alternative is 100% guaranteed to be that you remain locked in the boot of the car with no idea or control of the destination.

Your only choices here start with a boycott of games to demonstrate your seriousness and finish with your complete withdrawal of financial support for the club under his control if he does not respond to your action. Now the answer almost every Yam will give to this proposal is to say "But he can just walk away from the club and we are screwed because no-one else will come in with enough money to save the club". Yes that is exactly right. You are screwed if you do and screwed if you don't. But at least if you go down the path of asserting the ownership of your team by the fans, you can start to challenge the ownership of the club by those who don't seem to know or care what it means to you and your fellow fans. Better to live free, happy and in hope than to die a little every day under a dictator's yolk. Even if we are talking about checking out and literally starting the club from scratch all over again.

I remember the day we were relegated against Dundee United at Easter Road. I said then and I believe it still now - I'd rather be a Hibs supporter all my life even if it meant watching them get relegated in every game they played or seeing them in the lowest possible league, than spend a single day supporting any other club no matter what heights that other club reached.

So the real question is this - how much do you love your team? Enough to reclaim it and give it a meaningful future in twenty years time even though you and many of your fellow supporters will reap little of the reward for the tough action required? Or only enough to whine and complain about what is being done, but basically rather than take hard action wait still longer and hope that somewhere, somehow the world owes Hearts fans a living and it will all be sorted out for you?

Over to you guys."

That was a cracker of a post at the time and still is.

Suppose Romanov pulls the plug - what do they do? Do what the Airdrie guys did, organise themselves and re-establish the team in a lower division, if necessary under a slightly different name.

Which is what WE would have done if Wally Smirker had got away with his takeover. What the Pompey guys may have to do very soon.

But the Jambos live under the Grand Delusion that the football world owes them a living.

Phil D. Rolls
27-02-2010, 12:28 PM

I think we already have moved on, and in time we might even miss them.