PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but... (can we fill 20,000 stadium?)

Jones28
22-02-2010, 04:02 PM
When we are averaging attendences of 10-11000 will our new stadium spend most of it's time only half full? :boo hoo:

Mikey
22-02-2010, 04:04 PM
When we are averaging attendences of 10-11000 will our new stadium spend most of it's time only half full? :boo hoo:

You've been listening to Jambos too often young man.

What's our average home attendance for league games this season?

Mikey
22-02-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll answer that for you. It's 12,848.

Stop listening to jambos!

RoxburghHibs
22-02-2010, 04:12 PM
If we were to only sell tickets for the top tier of the North stand, once all others are sold, would that not reduce the capacity by about 1900 and help with atmosphere?

Rory89
22-02-2010, 04:12 PM
If we can get 3rd and have a new stand ready for the new season than crowd numbers will rise, providing Hibs make their season ticket prices reasonable.

I also think that Hibs should really make an effort to make a big signing in the summer, as it will have a good effect on attendances and therefore cash flow as well as on the pitch.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I think the introduction of 10 monthly payments, as outlined at the AGM, will help increase ST numbers.

40 quid a month is a lot better than a 400 quid one off outlay.

It's up to us to fill the place and create the atmosphere!

ahibby
22-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I hope that with more seats to fill they can reduce the price of all STs making it a more attractive deal for all. If we can make Europe and have a night like we had at the Athens game the atmosphere will be astounding.

K.Marx
22-02-2010, 04:19 PM
i think the new stand itself will lure a couple thousand more punters in initially...even if its just out of curiosity of seeing the stadium completed and they just pay at the gate for a few games. Then hopefully the team will produce something on the park that makes them want to come back!

SlickShoes
22-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I think the introduction of 10 monthly payments, as outlined at the AGM, will help increase ST numbers.

Yes! I can easily manage 40 a month but 400 quid upfront most months im never managing that!

.SeventyFive
22-02-2010, 04:32 PM
What generally happens with new stadia/stands is as a result of a moder/larger facility being built people become less reluctant to take in a game.

Wasn't our average gate before we built the West stand not around 8/9,000 (and not filled to capacity) and then jumped to around 11/12,000 thereafter?

Stevie Reid
22-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Is this definitely being introduced, Mikey - would be delighted if it is?

Mikey
22-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Is this definitely being introduced, Mikey - would be delighted if it is?

Yes.

greenlex
22-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes.

I am liking this also. I see cash flow problems around renewal time. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
22-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I think the OP has a valid point, although the average attendance is a bit more than he mentioned. The point of the new stand, though, is to modernise the stadium, not just taking the short term view of what crowds we currently have.

It would be good if we could find some way to increase the attendances at ER as they do seem to have slipped back a bit the last two seasons. Hopefully a combination of the novelty of the new stand and a gradual improvement in on field performance will have some effect.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2010, 05:13 PM
What generally happens with new stadia/stands is as a result of a moder/larger facility being built people become less reluctant to take in a game.

Wasn't our average gate before we built the West stand not around 8/9,000 (and not filled to capacity) and then jumped to around 11/12,000 thereafter?

Exactly. We get a premuim every time we complete a piece of infrastructure that makes the ground seem like a modern stadium, not a mental asylum.

(I personally like grounds as mental asylums, but that how many young fans/families who have grown up watching football in the TV age percieve places like the old East.)

Baw187
22-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I think the OP has a valid point, although the average attendance is a bit more than he mentioned. The point of the new stand, though, is to modernise the stadium, not just taking the short term view of what crowds we currently have.

It would be good if we could find some way to increase the attendances at ER as they do seem to have slipped back a bit the last two seasons. Hopefully a combination of the novelty of the new stand and a gradual improvement in on field performance will have some effect.

Probably got something to do with a recession as well.

johnbc70
22-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Been mentioned in previous discussions but think with the increased capacity we should make tickets available to school children. With a capacity that will be over 20,000 we should perhaps looking at making 1000 tickets available for non cat A games. The seats would be empty otherwise and even if only 1 school kid goes on to become a futute season ticket holder then its one more than before.

CMac1988
22-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Pish!! Didn't that bloke on Football Focus say it was around 15,000? :wink:

Gerard
22-02-2010, 05:29 PM
The Yams alledge they have over 400,000 supporters; we are the 'wee team' and should be able to get on average 20,000 fans..........as the Hibernian brand develops.
There is only one team in Edinburgh that is investing in the futute:wink:
G

Stevie Reid
22-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes.

Brilliant, cheers :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
22-02-2010, 06:07 PM

It will be full on the European nights. :thumbsup:

:notworthy: Will provide for an even better atmosphere than AEK Athens. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up already. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
22-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Pish!! Didn't that bloke on Football Focus say it was around 15,000? :wink:

The Arsenal chappie. Knows nothing. Probably even had to check on Wikipedia to see where we played.

Hainan Hibs
22-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Also with League Cup semi finals ER will be considered first.

Maybe even some of the smaller International friendlies? ER would be cracking for that.

London Hibs FC
22-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Exactly. We get a premuim every time we complete a piece of infrastructure that makes the ground seem like a modern stadium, not a mental asylum.

As Lou Gehrig once said "If you build it, they will come". :notworthy:

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm fairly sure that there was a quote from a member of the board (maybe Fyfe Hyland) that said that at some of the OF games there were less Hibs fans than there were at some of the category B games.

That would have been down to the fact that there were only single seats or seats in the East left to buy, which put people off going. The extra capacity and better view from the new East will help to make more seats available for those games.

1875 NO 1
22-02-2010, 07:29 PM

still leaves 7000 spare seats which is more that capacity of new stand.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm fairly sure that there was a quote from a member of the board (maybe Fyfe Hyland) that said that at some of the OF games there were less Hibs fans than there were at some of the category B games.

That would have been down to the fact that there were only single seats or seats in the East left to buy, which put people off going. The extra capacity and better view from the new East will help to make more seats available for those games.

I'm sure that info came out at the original East Stand listening group. It would have been Garry O'Hagan who said it.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 07:33 PM
still leaves 7000 spare seats which is more that capacity of new stand.

That's right. Plenty of space for the support to grow into.

bingo70
22-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Thats my thinking too, we never needed the west stand really either as how often did we sell that stand out? Not very often IIRC.

As it stands there's no way the board could justify a drop in ticket prices as for the big games it gets close enough to selling out anyway so it wouldn't make sense to reduce prices, this may allow them to do it.

For the smaller games they could possibly cover up the end section of seats with advertising, flags etc.... this would keep the people congested in the middle which should help the atmosphere.

Think we need to remember as well under Mowbrey we really could have done with this stand so if the product on the park is entertaining people will come.

1875 NO 1
22-02-2010, 07:35 PM

3rd in the league and in the scottish cup quater final and can't fill the seats we have already.

Celtic at home crowd was 14,221 based on the new capacity you wouldn't have to use the new east stand

Home to the Sucm back in Nov 16,762. We did sell out our end.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 07:37 PM
3rd in the league and in the scottish cup quater final and can't fill the seats we have already.

Celtic at home crowd was 14,221 based on the new capacity you wouldn't have to use the new east stand

So, do we give up and not do anything or do we build it and work on filling it?

1875 NO 1
22-02-2010, 07:37 PM
That's right. Plenty of space for the support to grow into.
and where are they coming form. embarrasing when it is live cat a game and there will be 1000s of spare seats

bingo70
22-02-2010, 07:38 PM

Give it time, we've only been improving for half a season, if we can consistantly produce good cup runs and compete at the right end of the table people will come back. IMO of course

bingo70
22-02-2010, 07:40 PM
and where are they coming form. embarrasing when it is live cat a game and there will be 1000s of spare seats

Hibs have a massive fan base within Edinburgh and beyond, more than enough to get crowds this size, we just need to attract them back

1875 NO 1
22-02-2010, 07:40 PM
So, do we give up and not do anything or do we build it and work on filling it?

not upto me to fill it. you build a stadium that fits your fan base.

or we go back 10 years and give 1000s of ticks to old firm vermin. I know what I prefer.

Ringothedog
22-02-2010, 07:45 PM

people like myself who did not renew their ST this year(after having one for over 20 years) will come back. I can guarantee there are least 2-3000 like myself.

BroxburnHibee
22-02-2010, 07:46 PM

or we go back 10 years and give 1000s of ticks to old firm vermin. I know what I prefer.

Thankfully our forward thinking board didn't adopt that attitude.

We'd still have the cooshed and open terracing. :greengrin

Sorry but its short sighted.

Ringothedog
22-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Which is what exactly ?

ArabHibee
22-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Been mentioned in previous discussions but think with the increased capacity we should make tickets available to school children. With a capacity that will be over 20,000 we should perhaps looking at making 1000 tickets available for non cat A games. The seats would be empty otherwise and even if only 1 school kid goes on to become a futute season ticket holder then its one more than before.

Hundreds of screaming school kids at matches, all sitting together.
Computer says NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

As Lou Gehrig once said "If you build it, they will come". :notworthy:

Wasn't that Kevin Costner? :confused:

skipster7
22-02-2010, 07:52 PM
ive not had a season ticket for about 5 years as i wouldn't subject the lassie to the east stands "views and facilities" but i'll most certainly be getting a couple next season.im sure there will be many in the same boat.:greengrin

Mikey
22-02-2010, 07:56 PM
ive not had a season ticket for about 5 years as i wouldn't subject the lassie to the east stands "views and facilities" but i'll most certainly be getting a couple next season.im sure there will be many in the same boat.:greengrin

The monthly payment scheme will also make it easier for people to commit.

scoopyboy
22-02-2010, 07:59 PM

When the capacity was above 50,000 Turnbulls Tornadoes regularly played in front of 10,000 or less. That was only about a fifth full.

Yet the punters who post on here that saw them will admit they didn't care one little bit about the empty spaces.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
22-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Our crowds haven't recovered from the Mixu and latter JC tenures. Not sure how much of that is down to crap football or the recession.

skipster7
22-02-2010, 08:01 PM
exactly, im sure many people,myself included were put off with the previous arrangement, but this should be much more managable.:agree:

jakedance
22-02-2010, 08:14 PM
If you just listened to Hearts fans you'd think we had average crowds of 5,000 with Tynie packing in 50,000 every other week.

I'm romantic and sentimental so I'd prefer the ground didn't change from the 80's but this is progress.

Our crowds took a bump up when the new stands were built. We'll add a bit on our gate. Improved food and betting facilities will bring in a bit of cash too. We've had a good season and if Yogi can sustain that and the club do a good job on the marketing we could easily add a couple of thousands next year. Will Hearts season ticket sales go up or down after (probably) a pish season? It's perfectly conceivable that we could be playing in front of bigger crowds than them next year.

We won't fill it every game, we know our average attendances over the last 20 years and they've generally fluctuated between 9000 and 14000. This season has been a wee bit disappointing attendance wise but there is a recession on and some Mixu deserters who need convincing. A fair number will come back and on the odd occasion where we're doing really well we'll have the capacity to match. When we're not doing well and crowds go down it will look a bit embarrassing but that's just the way it is.

If there is one thing I trust Rod Petrie to do is his sums. This isn't a wild gamble (like a £51M megastand and hotel in Gorgie). This is a cold calculated business decision based on facts and profit margains and financial management which has seen us go from a club that nearly went under to what is widely considered the best run club in the country. This is no vanity project or folly, to compete at the top end of the league we need this stand.

Let them obsess with being a big team all they want. Hibs are a club on the up and Hearts are a club in demise.

lucky
22-02-2010, 08:19 PM
It is really short sighted to post against building the new stand. I think we have got to complete the ground and then move on to investing in the team. Hibernian you make me proud.

.Sean.
22-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Can you expand on that, I wasn't at the AGM and haven't heard alot about the scheme.

Mikey
22-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Can you expand on that, I wasn't at the AGM and haven't heard alot about the scheme.

Post 30 in this thread...........

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=163250

Aubenas
22-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Lot of good points here. Also, increased capacity means easier to be a walk up at the last minute. At present if you turn up on the off chance you may not get in, or if you do you might have a crap seat in the east; with a new east, good sightlines and more available seats I'd imagine we could add on anything between 500-1K for some games just because it would be easy to decide late on and still know you'd get a decent seat.

Part/Time Supporter
22-02-2010, 08:56 PM

The game in November was at the PBS.

The two recent cat a games (Huns and Hearts) had crowds ~ 16,900.

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 09:04 PM
The game in November was at the PBS

:agree:

I'm sure he just forgot which messageboard he was posting on there for a minute :wink:

Hibby 2005
22-02-2010, 09:16 PM
To answer the OP obviously we can't fill the stadium at the moment but, and it's a big but, if we can achieve regular entry to European football then there is a case for a 20,000 seater stadium. It will also be an attractive proposition for Semi-Finals not involving the OF as well as Scotland U21 Internationals. Other avenues of income may also open up due to the bigger venue.

PaulSmith
22-02-2010, 09:21 PM
The overall attendance capacity is increasing because we need to rebuild the east stand to quite simply improve the standing and structure of the club, were not building it to get the benefit of having an extra 2.5k seats.
The club will go from strength to strength on the back of this. We are now miles ahead of anything else outwith the OF in terms of stadia, training, debt and still seem able to add quality to the squad.
The East Stand i believe will be paid for by little add of debt and in fact a sell of a Bamba plus the Fletcher money that will appear in this years accounts will pay for it.
It's a massive statement of intent of where the club wants to go in the next 5 -10 years

Pedantic_Hibee

I'm sure he just forgot which messageboard he was posting on there for a minute :wink:

Elementary, my dear McGrew. Had the same suspicions.

If we wanted to, and if we were so banal and had nothing else to shout about this season and we really wanted to get more bums on seats than them, could we not just sell season tickets for 4 quid like they do?

Dashing Bob S
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I'd give my right arm to see Elton John back at Easter Road. This completion of jigsaw puzzle makes that dream a potential reality.

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 09:23 PM
If we wanted to, and if we were so banal and had nothing else to shout about this season and we really wanted to get more bums on seats than them, could we not just sell season tickets for 4 quid like they do?

Ans still fail to sell out and count people who don't turn up like they do?

jgl07
22-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Why do we continually get such Yammish postings.

They seem to have some sort of morid preoccupation with Hibs' attendances

How many teams fill there grounds every match?

A handful (Liverpool, Chelsea, etc) and all have grounds too small.

Hibs' capacity dropped to around 14,000 in the early 1990s before the North and South Stands were built. Up to that Hibs were lucky to get more than 7,000 for most matches.

No one questioned the increase in capacity to 15,000 plus and then to 17,500 plus. In fact if I recall correctly there was considerable opposition to the plan to move Hibs to a stadium at Straiton with an (initial) capacity of 14,000.

There enough from the dark side sprouting this crap so why do apparent Hibs supporter feel the ned to dance to their tune?

PatHead
22-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Surely we should get a couple of the smaller internationals against Lichtenstein and Lithuania as the atmosphere at a 20,000 ER sell out is better than 20k at Hampden.

The_Todd
22-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I'd give my right arm to see Elton John back at Easter Road. This completion of jigsaw puzzle makes that dream a potential reality.

Can he play at Right Back?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Can he play at Right Back?

Nah, I think he prefers to play just behind the front-man.

The_Todd
22-02-2010, 09:31 PM

:hilarious

Anyway, what's with this negative nonsense. Why build it? Ok, why NOT build it. Let's say things continue in generally the same way. The gap between the OF and the rest continues to decrease - why limit ourselves to a 17k capacity? What good does it do? Also do not forget the East has had it's day, it's outdated, had no real facilities, the views are almost all restricted no matter where you sit (stand) - one way or another it needs replaced; to go to the effort of replacing the East Stand with one of identical capacity would be a waste of time. There is no harm in having overflow capacity in case demand one day does increase - optimistic, maybe. But the potential benefits outweigh the risks (if any, since the cash comes from exisiting reserves rather than being paid for with credit)

Long suffering
22-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Tbh our current average attendances of 12,800 are not great, and really we should be having av. of say 14000, like under mowbray. So Im sure for the Big games, OF and hearts we can get it filled and anyway averages of 14000 in a 20000 stadium is not that bad really,

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2010, 09:59 PM
20,000 Plus isnt exactly a huge stadium.

This is all about home support. the capacity for which in the ' new stadium ' as it were, will be approximately 17,000.

Hibs current home support is probably around 11,000 so from somewhere we need to find around 4,000. That would bring the average up to 15,000 home supporters. That wouldnt look too bad at all in a 20.000 stadium with between 500 and 1000 away fans in the bottom deck of the south.

That is the next big job for the Tash, the rest of the board and us :notworthy:and is probably as big a job as has taken place over the last two decades to bring the club to this point.

If the Tash can make this happen in say 3 to 5 years then he will be probably the greatest chairman in the history of Hibernian.

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2010, 10:01 PM
It's good news and an opportunity to do something creative with the extra seats.

As an exile I'd like to see a section kept for 'free seating' where tickets would be sold without a seat number allowing infrequent fans to sit next to their Edinburgh based mates. I believe the Liberty Stadium in Swansea has a similar section and it appears to work well.

Capt Mainwaring
22-02-2010, 10:03 PM
For those who are looking only that attendances - you're looking too short term and missing the main point.

If Easter Road is to become a fully fit for purpose stadium, that can attract fans to watch football in modern, fit for purpose surrounding - with maintenance and repairs minimal, then a new modern East Stand is required.

If we use the argument that we need to wait for average attendances to reach 20,000 before building a stadium to accomodate this - then we'd still be watching home games from the massive East Terracing, the Cowshed and the crumbling old main Stand.

The new East Stand will be the last major capital project for us. We'll have a modern fit for purpose Stadium, requiring minimal expenses to upkeep and a fully paid for and ultra modern Training facility.

The majority of income after this point can be directed towards playing resource rather than Stadium repairs, training ground rental, bank interest and fees. A position our noisy neighbours can only dream off.

This is very significant day in the history of the Club. :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
22-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Give the extra 3000 seats away to Primary school kids in the Gorgie and Dalry area I say.....................Lets try and redress the balance away from the 400,000 HoMoFC fan base

:notworthy::notworthy:

IWasThere2016
22-02-2010, 10:06 PM

In the hole behind a big man! :agree:

GreenCastle
22-02-2010, 10:10 PM
It is really short sighted to post against building the new stand. I think we have got to complete the ground and then move on to investing in the team. Hibernian you make me proud.

Next focus can be the team

GreenCastle
22-02-2010, 10:13 PM
For those who are looking only that attendances - you're looking too short term and missing the main point.

If Easter Road is to become a fully fit for purpose stadium, that can attract fans to watch football in modern, fit for purpose surrounding - with maintenance and repairs minimal, then a new modern East Stand is required.

If we use the argument that we need to wait for average attendances to reach 20,000 before building a stadium to accomodate this - then we'd still be watching home games from the massive East Terracing, the Cowshed and the crumbling old main Stand.

The new East Stand will be the last major capital project for us. We'll have a modern fit for purpose Stadium, requiring minimal expenses to upkeep and a fully paid for and ultra modern Training facility.

The majority of income after this point can be directed towards playing resource rather than Stadium repairs, training ground rental, bank interest and fees. A position our noisy neighbours can only dream off.

This is very significant day in the history of the Club. :thumbsup:

Great news and well put :thumbsup:

machibby
22-02-2010, 10:31 PM
To my mind the whole seat allocation thing has been a cause of many not going to matches. Personally being self employed I have to take the work I get and that means lots of weekends working and a season ticket being pointless for me. When times come up where I can go though, it's a bit of a drag not to be able to sit with my season ticket holding family and friends. Quite often it put's me off going to be honest. I think they'd find more people came back if they could work out how to solve this problem and certainly an increased capacity is going to help. Maybe the ideas like 'hibees reunited' will then have a chance of working.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-02-2010, 10:33 PM
In the hole behind a big man! :agree:

Ah, the Colin Nish role.......although I think Elton would manage to stay *cough* upright for the full 90 minutes.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2010, 12:22 AM
We play Celtic rangers and hearts 6 times at Easter road. That's a third of our home games. Add in the odd cup thriller and an occasional European night, and we're on to a good thing.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Way too titchy for a club of our stature. Can we fill in the corners?

WindyMiller
23-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Are you still discussing Elton John?

RIP
23-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Over the course of a season there's around 23,000 Hibees that support the Hibs.

11,000 or so are ST's
2,000 are Hibs Kids
5,000 go to 3-12 matches a season
5,000 go to one or two matches a season

5,000 more turn up for the Cup Finals

Plenty of room for growth. Remember that in the last 30 years we have averaged sixth. A few seasons of 3rd or 4th and Europe could see regular crowds of 15,000 and over 20,000 for Hearts and Scotland's Shame

bboy
23-02-2010, 07:32 AM
i agree with most of the positive coments we will have about 16,500 seats to fill the home sections im sure there will be new marketing , aimed at kids and familys also with easier ways to spread the cost of season tickets the future's green and white:notworthy:

capitals_finest
23-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Next season is the time to really get the price down on these season tickets and get more folk through the gates.

Bob Box Fish
23-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Over the course of a season there's around 23,000 Hibees that support the Hibs.

11,000 or so are ST's
2,000 are Hibs Kids
5,000 go to 3-12 matches a season
5,000 go to one or two matches a season

5,000 more turn up for the Cup Finals

Plenty of room for growth. Remember that in the last 30 years we have averaged sixth. A few seasons of 3rd or 4th and Europe could see regular crowds of 15,000 and over 20,000 for Hearts and Scotland's Shame

Are season tickets currently at 11k mark?

mjhibby
23-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Crowds will depend of course on how the team is doing as is always the case.Hopefully in the summer yogi will move the squad forward and get in/out the players he needs.I would think that the board were looking also at scotland games(liechtenstein) as well as cup semi finals.Also maybe concerts as well with the stadium now finished it could be become a summer favourite for the likes of the proclaimers etc.My only worry is that bamab and possibly wotherspoon could be away in the summer.
If the stories are to be believed bamba is already earmarked for a £2.5-3M move to the premiership which would of course go greatly towards building the stand.As long as its not stokes or miller then im ok with players going.Cant wait to see the finished stadium now though.:thumbsup:

Green_one
23-02-2010, 08:20 AM

This is very significant day in the history of the Club.

Exactly. I stood on the East Terracing almost 20 years ago almost in tears at the thought of it being my last time. Now, at the start of next season I WILL BE BACK, feeling about 10 feet tall and wondering how we ever did it.

V proud moment for the club and support. Do not let the Jambo muppets spoil it. Who in gods name would take advice from them? And we will fill many of the spaces if we are clever enough about it.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2010, 08:26 AM

:hilarious I remember the clamour for Elton John tickets just because he was playing at ER! If he'd been playing the Corn Exchange noone would've bothered but because it was at ER it was a must see.

Alicky Ranks
23-02-2010, 08:34 AM
To paraphrase (sort of) from Field of Dreams, If You Build It They Will Come.

This is great news for Hibs and I'm confident the new stand will help attendances. It looks great and a steep single tier will generate a far better atmosphere than the current wreck.

Captain Trips
23-02-2010, 08:52 AM
We wont fill it chasing 3rd, the proof is there we have had good seasons over the years and folk just dont turn up, I agree that the building is a serious statement of intent or it should be that we are looking to go further than 3rd.

IMO we need to be pushing at the OF for us to benefit from the extra capacity, the stand with the right investment on the park might see us push on it has too or IMO its still gonna be the 11-13k Hibs support.

Andy74
23-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Hundreds of screaming school kids at matches, all sitting together.
Computer says NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Wasn't that Kevin Costner? :confused:

He was the one being told to build it.

Hibee-Rocker
23-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes! I can easily manage 40 a month but 400 quid upfront most months im never managing that!

Why dont you just save 40 a month then, and come season ticket time you will have the cash with soume leftover for a few pints at some games...

Simples