PDA

View Full Version : East Stand souvenirs ??

Leith Green
22-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I wonder how the club and the police will react to folk taking their seat as a souvenir?? I have stood on the same seat in the East stand for the past 10 seasons ...

Surely they will be okayish with it seeing it's the last game??

Can picture half the East stand going tooled up this weekend, lol :greengrin

WarringtonHibee
22-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm well taking my seat away with me!

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2010, 09:49 AM
What're you going to do with them guys? Stand on them in the garden when you're out the back having a fag?

Alex Trager
22-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I wonder how the club and the police will react to folk taking their seat as a souvenir?? I have stood on the same seat in the East stand for the past 10 seasons ...

Surely they will be okayish with it seeing it's the last game??

Can picture half the East stand going tooled up this weekend, lol :greengrin
great word choice, true likes

thats what i was thinking, surely they'll let you's do it

Leith Green
22-02-2010, 09:53 AM
What're you going to do with them guys? Stand on them in the garden when you're out the back having a fag?

Be tucked away with my old ticket stubs, programmes , season ticket books etc , Got a brick fae the old main stand wall somewhere too...

hibsfan7
22-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I rather think mr petrie has already thought of that
i bet he will be selling them all on ebay

Phil MaGlass
22-02-2010, 10:16 AM
The club should sell them for a couple of quid each.

Hibby D
22-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I have stood on the same seat in the East stand for the past 10 seasons ...

Knowing how tight fisted Rod is I can see you standing on the same seat in the East Stand for the next 10 seasons :greengrin

Go Green - recycle your old seats :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know what type of tools a person would need, that would get a seat off?:wink: Only to help rod in his demolition of the stand.:devil:

JoeT
22-02-2010, 10:40 AM
He'll have already got a discount on the demolition work from the builders knowing that they'll have less work to do

Mikey
22-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I suspect there's not a lot the club can do about mass seat removal, but if you slice your hand open and can't work for a month don't go running off to some vulture legal company looking for compensation from Hibs.

They can't afford that AND a new stand :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Does anyone know what type of tools a person would need, that would get a seat off?:wink: Only to help rod in his demolition of the stand.:devil:

Post this on KB - they usually leave ER with a few seats so I'd imagine they'll know what's what.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm being serious, would an adjustable spanner do the trick?

WarringtonHibee
22-02-2010, 10:47 AM

I reckon so, they'll be bolted from underneath.

That or a welding torch.

Jack
22-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I asked this before but ....

Do you take the seat stated on your ST or the one in front that you spend the game standing on? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I reckon so, they'll be bolted from underneath.

That or a welding torch.

I always carry a welding torch, but cant seem to find an adjustable spanner, have you got one?:wink:

Hibby D
22-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I always carry a welding torch, but cant seem to find an adjustable spanner, have you got one?:wink:

Plenty spanners already in the east stand G

:offski::cb

:halowitch:

H18sry
22-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Plenty spanners already in the east stand G

:offski::cb

:halowitch:

:faf::faf::faf:

Bad Martini
22-02-2010, 11:18 AM
The polis spotted me with 2 cans of Stella at 300 yards one Saturday afternoon and I was walking in a straight line.....you lot have nae chance of sneaking in a bloody straw, let alone a full arsenal of tools to put B&Q to shame.

We need an insider...somebody phone Rod and ask him to have someone nick roond whilst we all stand (off the seats) on Saturday, to undo them all and hand em oot as the famous gates are touched on exit....sorted.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Leith Green
22-02-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm gonna check it out on Saturday and return under the cover of darkness before it gets demolished :greengrin

Bad Martini
22-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna check it out on Saturday and return under the cover of darkness before it gets demolished :greengrin

The answer is Chuck Norris.

Gie him a quick call, he'll have all the seats oot, in the van and on ebay affore ye can say "ohyafekeryewisthataroondhoosekickandahalfyabass" :greengrin

Big Chuck new. :devil:

ozhibs1875
22-02-2010, 11:32 AM

brute strength

ozhibs1875
22-02-2010, 12:01 PM
in all seriousness, after being part of refurb to a old pavillion the aussie navy were cleaning up, the best two things were a 12inch shifter and wd-40 or something simliar.

happy pilliging

Boris
22-02-2010, 12:10 PM
When the old main stand was demolished my season ticket was for the back row of the old North Stand. You were able to reserve your seat prior to demolition & a couple of weeks later you got to pick it up - bucket seat still stuck to the sawn off section of wooden bench! Think it cost something like £10 with the money going to the youth set up. Surprised they haven't gone for something similar this time.

EH54
22-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I would take my seat likes but no idea what you would need to take it. Maybe get Nade to do the hibees bounce on each seat would do the trick.

Keith_M
22-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I want the piece of the roof I used to stand under for all those years.

I'm not sure I'd be allowed to take in a Circular Saw on Saturday to remove it but I'm going to give it a try :wink:

Ritchie
22-02-2010, 03:40 PM

i spent a whole half time trying to decide what tool would do the trick.... im still undecided..... think im gonna take a mini crow bar type tool and pop the bolts right through.

danhibees1875
22-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I would think the Bolts would be quite rusted by now :dunno:

Good luck to anyone who tries though. :thumbsup:

Mikey
22-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Good luck to anyone who tries though. :thumbsup:

Aye, good luck explaining to the police why you've got a claw hammer/crowbar/spanner/screwdriver in the ground.

Ritchie
22-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Aye, good luck explaining to the police why you've got a claw hammer/crowbar/spanner/screwdriver in the ground.

they'd understand.... :devil:

James.
22-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I'll be bringing Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary along to get my seat out.

HibeeMcGinn1
22-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Im definatly going to try. Il take a spanner along but if I see anyone get it done il be borrowing your tool

majorhibs
23-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Easy one that really. Just keep yer eyes on the three tools officiating the game, they'll soon give one then two then three outrageous decisions against Hibs, then think about Hugh Dallas and the SFA, by then the seats will come away easily in your hands, then comes the tricky part, calming doon enough to get out of the stadium without anyone noticing what your up to.

MSK
23-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Aye, good luck explaining to the police why you've got a claw hammer/crowbar/spanner/screwdriver in the ground.Bugger ...i hope when all those guys wi claw hammers/crowbars/spanners & screwdrivers are being frisked by the Police i can sneak in my pneumatic drill & generator so i can get a chunk o the concrete terrace that i stood on for many a year ...sod the poncy green seats !!! :greengrin