PDA

View Full Version : NHC Proof that winning games on penalties is AMAZING

Steve-O
22-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm sure a few of us remember that CIS Semi vs Rangers in 2003...luckily I got to experience some similar euphoria yesterday over here in the A-League Finals...

Here's the winning penalty and reaction :thumbsup:

YouTube - Wellington Phoenix winning penalty vs Perth Glory 21 Feb 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_B5CzbTJo)

KWJ
22-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Steve, have I got any chance of seeing the Victory play when I get to Melbourne in early/mid May?

Steve-O
22-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Steve, have I got any chance of seeing the Victory play when I get to Melbourne in early/mid May?

Afraid not at that time of year. This is the finals were are into now and the Grand Final is on March 20th.

You will be able to see AFL or NRL though which are probably worth going to if you've never been before.

Sudds_1
22-02-2010, 08:21 AM
fine..............

..until I saw the scarf twirling. Kinda gave me the dry boak for obvious reasons! :wink::greengrin

Steve-O
22-02-2010, 08:27 AM
fine..............

..until I saw the scarf twirling. Kinda gave me the dry boak for obvious reasons! :wink::greengrin

Yes, I am not a fan of it either! I held my scarf aloft in the correct manner as an act of defiance! :agree:

number 27
22-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Excuse my ignorance but does that mean you won it or was it a sort of Quarter/semi final?

Relations of mine in NZ are big Phoenix fans and it does seem to be gaining popularity in traditional Ruby territory.

Steve-O
22-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Excuse my ignorance but does that mean you won it or was it a sort of Quarter/semi final?

Relations of mine in NZ are big Phoenix fans and it does seem to be gaining popularity in traditional Ruby territory.

We won the "semi" although we need to win 2 more games to get to the Grand Final :faf: Stupid Aussies.

Anyway, we have the next game, home to Newcastle in 2 weeks and they are talking about it maybe being a 35,000 sell out which would be crazy!

Hurricanes played Super 14 at the same venue on Saturday night and got about 10,000 LESS than Phoenix on the Sunday.

number 27
22-02-2010, 08:41 AM
We won the "semi" although we need to win 2 more games to get to the Grand Final :faf: Stupid Aussies.

Anyway, we have the next game, home to Newcastle in 2 weeks and they are talking about it maybe being a 35,000 sell out which would be crazy!

Hurricanes played Super 14 at the same venue on Saturday night and got about 10,000 LESS than Phoenix on the Sunday.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. Hope you win it, I'm going to try to get along to a game next time I come across.

KWJ
22-02-2010, 08:42 AM
ah bums. Had hoped to go and see Brebner and co. Hear Melbourne are getting a new side with "hearts" in their name so even more reason to support the V!

Consider myself a Tigers fan at NRL havin been to a game as they started their good run last season. Will hopefully get to the MCG for a melbourne derby at AFL.

Thanks for the response :)

Steve-O
23-02-2010, 04:57 AM
ah bums. Had hoped to go and see Brebner and co. Hear Melbourne are getting a new side with "hearts" in their name so even more reason to support the V!

Consider myself a Tigers fan at NRL havin been to a game as they started their good run last season. Will hopefully get to the MCG for a melbourne derby at AFL.

Thanks for the response :)

There are 2 Melbourne NRL teams? I thought it was just the Storm.

That's how much I know of NRL! I might watch it more often this season though :agree:

Yes, Melbourne Heart will be starting in the A-League from this August I think.

Iain G
23-02-2010, 05:16 AM
I'm sure a few of us remember that CIS Semi vs Rangers in 2003...luckily I got to experience some similar euphoria yesterday over here in the A-League Finals...

Here's the winning penalty and reaction :thumbsup:

YouTube - Wellington Phoenix winning penalty vs Perth Glory 21 Feb 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_B5CzbTJo)

Was a great night, though the game itself was pretty awful with the 'nix at their worst in a few games and the opposition not giving us any space to pass the ball in the midfield, we won inspite of Eugene Dadi :greengrin

It's fantastic to see football catching on over here at long last :greengrin