PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 06:09 PM
they're up

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 06:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527167.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527167.stm)

Darth Hibbie
21-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Just watched them. O'Brian should have been sent off for retaliation and there was another Motherwell player (no 8 I think) wit is arm round Millers throat, should he not have been sent off for that also?

The park was actually worse than I thought it was :bitchy:

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Just watched them. O'Brian should have been sent off for retaliation and there was another Motherwell player (no 8 I think) wit is arm round Millers throat, should he not have been sent off for that also?

The park was actually worse than I thought it was :bitchy:
my thoughts exactly

GlesgaeHibby
21-02-2010, 06:25 PM
That pitch is absolutely shocking. I know easter road isn't great, but that surface is abysmal.

Woody1985
21-02-2010, 06:27 PM
That pitch is a disgrace. Jack Kane is better than that!

Murphy looks like a good player. There didn't seem to be many clear cut chances, if any.

500miles
21-02-2010, 06:34 PM
No way was that a sending off. He's not went in to cause any injury, no showing studs, no stepping on his ankle. If we can appeal, we should.

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 06:35 PM
No way was that a sending off. He's not went in to cause any injury, no showing studs, no stepping on his ankle. If we can appeal, we should.
Correct

Alfred E Newman
21-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Correct

I see Zemmama never appeared in the BBC highlights and of course neither did his free kick with the Well wall only 6 or 7 yards away. :grr:

basehibby
21-02-2010, 07:35 PM
No 1 - WTF was the ref playing at sending off Miller for that foul??? Ridiculous decision.

No 2 - Why, given that Nish got sent off on Wed for reacting to being assaulted with an elbow/barge/sandwich combination, did no Motherwell player receive similar punishment when not one but THREE of them assaulted Miller in reaction to the foul he committed???

WHERE THE HELL IS THE CONSISTENCY FFS!
Yet another game distorted by our joke referees :grr::grr::grr:

No 3 - Why do the SPL allow games to be played on a pitch which resembles a reconstruction of the Somme battlefield :confused:

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I see Zemmama never appeared in the BBC highlights and of course neither did his free kick with the Well wall only 6 or 7 yards away. :grr:
i did also notice this, at one point i felt the ref was going to tell zouma to forget about it

The_Horde
21-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Whoever does the kit washing these days won't be best pleased with the pitch anyway.

Millers red was never a sending off but what was he up to? Stupid challenge, lets hope Mcbride is fit for the next match!

lapsedhibee
21-02-2010, 11:15 PM

We should have done better with the free-kick inside the box early on (for mutha goalie handling passback). If Gowser had had the sense to watch the Porto-Arsenal highlights on Wednesday night he'd have known to take a quick short free to Stokesy and we'd have scored before the muthas had time to build a wall. :grr:

Riordans Boots
21-02-2010, 11:27 PM
That was never a sending off :grr: The player Miller tackled got up straight away and went for the kill along with another 2 Well players.
Shocking and nae wonder Yogi lost the plot.:grr:

Hibs must appeal this :agree:

fatbloke
21-02-2010, 11:49 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527167.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8527167.stm)

Just watched highlights. Goal was Zemmmammma's fault - once again trying the 'world cup' crossfield pass. ****in ludicrous and somewhat foolhardy attempt at a pass. Unless you are 100% sure it's gonna reach don't try the ****in things. Complete er5e in my book for that..

shamo9
22-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Just watched highlights. Goal was Zemmmammma's fault - once again trying the 'world cup' crossfield pass. ****in ludicrous and somewhat foolhardy attempt at a pass. Unless you are 100% sure it's gonna reach don't try the ****in things. Complete er5e in my book for that..

Bit of a OTT reaction there. There wasn't really any pressing danger until Wotherspoon failed to track the run of Murphy - that's what cost us the goal. As for your ethos of '100% sure', nothing in football is completely certain. The reason Zemmama was brought on was because he has the vision, panache and bravery to actually try to play the telling ball rather than pass it sideways which gets us nowhere. I'm not saying he's faultless, but that level of criticism is unwarranted.