PDA

View Full Version : Games/points before the split?

Mag7
21-02-2010, 04:49 PM
St Johnstone (h): They clearly have our measure. Defeat likely - 0 points
Kilmarnock (h): Hopefully we can scrape a narrow win - 3 points
Hearts (a): They ain't beaten us for ages so they're probably due a win - 0 points
Dundee Utd (h): Tough game. Draw - 1 point
Falkirk (a): Depends if they continue their upturn, but a testing trip - 1 point
Celtic (h): Unlikely to beat them twice in a season - 0 points
Hamilton (a): Scene of one of our worst displays of the season - 1 point

Cameron1875
21-02-2010, 04:55 PM
come on! gotta be more positive.

St Johnstone (h): Win (3)
Kilmarnock (h): Win (3)
Hearts (a): Draw (1)
Dundee Utd (h): Win (3)
Falkirk (a): Draw(1)
Celtic (h): Lose(0)
Hamilton (a): Win (3)

hiberactive
21-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Hearts (a): They ain't beaten us for ages so they're probably due a win - 0 points
Falkirk (a): Depends if they continue their upturn, but a testing trip - 1 point
Totally agree with re St Johnstone,they know how to play us,a bit like Livingston afew years ago-as for the other games dont think its a good idea to get ahead of yourself,you can never predict how Hibs are going to play.I do think that we need to win at least 5 games from our remaining fixtures with the odd draw thrown in if we are to finish third.

.Sean.
21-02-2010, 05:10 PM
St Johnstone H- 3 points
Kilmarnock H- 3 points
Hearts A- 0 points
Dundee Utd H-3 points
Falkirk A- 1 point
Celtic H- 1 point
Hamilton A- 3 points

Crab apple
21-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm confident that we won't lose to the Yams. Yogi seems to have the measure of FatJimknew and we are a better team than them. As for the other games, who knows.

allmodcons
21-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Time for you to take a happy pill :wink:

Sir David Gray
21-02-2010, 05:31 PM
We need to beat Dundee Utd for a start. The likelihood is that we will have to go to Tannadice after the split in what will be one of the last games of the season so it will be good to establish a bit of a gap over them again.

We should be looking to beat Hamilton and Falkirk although both sides are fighting for SPL survival and I don't think either of them will be easy to break down at home.

Kilmarnock aren't totally out of trouble either and we don't have a great record against them. We had to rely on a late dodgy penalty award to beat them in the last game at Easter Road. St Johnstone won't be easy either, they have beaten twice this season (including once at ER) and even the 3-0 defeat in the league wasn't a fair reflection on how the game went.

Anything could happen in the derby. Recent history would suggest a draw's on the cards but either side could easily nick it by the odd goal.

I can't see us beating Celtic, especially if they have closed the gap on Rangers by then to just a few points.

500miles
21-02-2010, 05:43 PM
We can take every point going. It's all about the attitude, and sticking to our successful systems.

The more we try and tatically outdo the opposition, the more, I feel we play into thier hands. Confidence in our own players abilities, and in our system, is, IMO, the best way for us to go forward. Full squad available, I would plump for.......

.................Stack/Smith/Brown - doubt it matters
.Wotherspoon.Hogg.Hanlon.Murray
..........Miller....McBride...Rankin
..............Zemmama.....Nish
........................Stokes

If anyone is out, put in a player who can play that same role, although perhaps not with the same effectiveness. IE. Thicot/Stevenson for McBride,
Benji/Gow for Nish, Riordan for Stokes etc.

18Craig75
21-02-2010, 06:05 PM
We can take every point going. It's all about the attitude, and sticking to our successful systems.

The more we try and tatically outdo the opposition, the more, I feel we play into thier hands. Confidence in our own players abilities, and in our system, is, IMO, the best way for us to go forward. Full squad available, I would plump for.......

If anyone is out, put in a player who can play that same role, although perhaps not with the same effectiveness. IE. Thicot/Stevenson for McBride,

Top post. Thats the team I'd go with for the run in.

essexhibee
21-02-2010, 08:55 PM

St Johnston - 0 Points
Kilmarnock - 3 Points
Hearts - 0 Points
Dundee Utd - 0 Points
Falkirk - 3 Points
Celtic - 0 Points
Hamilton - 3 Points
:rolleyes:

essexhibee
21-02-2010, 08:56 PM

Agree with this 100% pal :top marks

basehibby
21-02-2010, 09:39 PM

Sheesh Mags - keep off the happy pills will ya? Yer optimism is blinding me :cool2:

Seriously, I can understand your concerns given a poor string of results and pending suspensions. However, it's fair to say our luck has deserted us in the last 4 fixtures. What is required to turn that round is a whole heap of hard work and attitude from the whole squad - my prediction is that Yogi will squeeze said hard work and attitude out of a squad who, if they were complacent at all, have just had one big boot up their collective erses. My predictions for the run in to the split will therefore go along the following lines:

St Johnstone (h): They do seem to be a bogey team for us but I'd predict a gutsy performance resulting in a draw - 1 point
Kilmarnock (h): We have the class to win this one at home - 3 points
Hearts (a): We haven't beaten them in ages and are probably due a win - 3 points
Dundee Utd (h): Agreed it's a tough game. Draw - 1 point
Falkirk (a): I'm predicting we'll be back on the rails and will have too much for the bairns again - 3 points
Celtic (h): If we're going to lose one of these fixtures it's likely to be against this mhanky mob - 0 points
Hamilton (a): A tough fixture away from home - can we win it though? Yes - 3 points.

Hainan Hibs
21-02-2010, 09:42 PM
St Johnstone (h): 0 points
Kilmarnock (h): 3 points
Hearts (a): 0 points
Dundee Utd (h): 0 points
Falkirk (a): 3 points
Celtic (h): 0 points
Hamilton (a): 3 points

Quite pessimistic and hopefully we pick up a few more points.

fatbloke
21-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Depends on whether Zemmmammma can be arsed turning up or not.

rightwinger
22-02-2010, 12:53 AM
The St Johnstone game is a worry.

However, their underdogs tag is out the window now. Hibs are the team who'll have the 'any team Hughes picked was getting a beating' headlines on the noticeboard. We're the wounded animal and they're the mid-table outfit that might start thinking they're better than they are. If Hibs let St Johnstone in via the side door then I'd be very disappointed. We should be well up for them.

I'd expect Hibs to be humble and well up for this game. If we're not good enough so be it but the day St Johnstone come to ER (when we're 3rd) thinking they're going to beat us is the day they could come unstuck IMO. Motherwell will also encounter the same problems sooner rather than later - expectations rise, other teams mark your card, and you find yourself with something to lose.

The next league games are against:

St J (h)-------------D
Killie (h)-------------D
Hearts (a)-----------L
Dundee Utd (h)------D
Falkirk (a)-----------L
Celtic (h)------------L
Hamilton (a)---------D

Nothing to stop us winning 5 of those. Nothing to stop us winning none.

Let's start with winning on Saturday. If we don't win on Saturday, the above could be what we're looking at. If we do win, you can replace the losses with draws and the draws with wins. That's how important Saturday is IMO.

PeeJay
22-02-2010, 07:30 AM
St Johnstone (h): - 3 points
Kilmarnock (h): - 3 points
Hearts (a): - 3 points
Dundee Utd (h): - 3 points
Falkirk (a): - 3 points
Celtic (h): - 3 points
Hamilton (a): - 3 points

Easy Peasy - :thumbsup:!!!

Steve20
22-02-2010, 07:41 AM
St Johnstone (h) - 0 points
Kilmarnock (h) - 3 points
Hearts (a) - 0 points
Dundee Utd (h) - 1 point
Falkirk (a) - 1 point
Celtic (h) - 0 points
Hamilton (a) - 1 point

Barney McGrew
22-02-2010, 07:47 AM
St Johnstone (h) - 3 points
Hearts (a) - 1 point
Dundee Utd (h) - 1 point
Falkirk (a) - 1 point
Celtic (h) - 0 points
Hamilton (a) - 3 points

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm confident that we won't lose to the Yams. Yogi seems to have the measure of FatJimknew and we are a better team than them. As for the other games, who knows.

What's the statement in bold based on?

St Johnstone (h) - 0 points
Hearts (a) - 0 points
Dundee Utd (h) - 1 point
Falkirk (a) - 1 point
Celtic (h) - 0 points
Hamilton (a) - 1 point

I was going to post a guess of what you'd say Steve but you've beaten me to it and to be fair to you I under estimated you - I was sure you'd not have us winning any matches from now until next season.

WestEndHibee
22-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Right come on this is horribly pessimistic! It's depressing to even read. Look back just two weeks and we were untouchable!!! Anyone remember how we destroyed hamilton 5-1??? keep the faith lads... this is our season

:notworthy:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Is this a roundabout way of asking whether we'll make the top 6 :cool2::wink::greengrin

cwilliamson85
22-02-2010, 01:18 PM

What no MAKA:tumble:

ahibby
22-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I think ten points, wins against Killie, Hamilton and Falkirk and a draw against Hearts. Having said that I think we will beat Saints on Saturday so maybe we will lose one of those games against Killie, Hamilton or Falkirk.