PDA

View Full Version : Parking for game at ER

HibeeMuzz7
21-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Afternoon folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out... I usually get the train/bus to games but now have to work on Saturday evenings in Fife so I now have to drive. Can anyone tell me if there if free parking round about Easter Road? Or where the best place to pay for parking would be for a speedy getaway after the match.

Cheers :greengrin

RickyS
21-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Afternoon folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out... I usually get the train/bus to games but now have to work on Saturday evenings in Fife so I now have to drive. Can anyone tell me if there if free parking round about Easter Road? Or where the best place to pay for parking would be for a speedy getaway after the match.

I usually park beside the high flats behind the Gulf/Jet garage on Restalrig Road, not too far to walk, but watch not to park beside an old white Merc or a big Jeep with a polish pet shop on the side. fat ugly people who deliberately block someone in. I had a shouting match with the two of them as they watched an old guy climb in his boot to be able to move. absolute morons

Removed
21-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I usually park beside the high flats behind the Gulf/Jet garage on Restalrig Road, not too far to walk, but watch not to park beside an old white Merc or a big Jeep with a polish pet shop on the side. fat ugly people who deliberately block someone in. I had a shouting match with the two of them as they watched an old guy climb in his boot to be able to move. absolute morons

Be careful if you decide to park there. My brother in law had 4 tyres slashed and whilst impossible to prove we think it was related to football supporters parking in a residents car park.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-02-2010, 05:00 PM
You shouldn't have to pay for parking near Easter Road. I tend to park either Lochend Road, Co-op car park or one of the side streets around ER. Where I park depends on what time I get there and whether I'm going for a prematch Shandy but never had to pay for parking.

trainspotter
21-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Loads of residential developments around about Easter Road with free parking. :thumbsup:

styboy68
21-02-2010, 06:13 PM
i normally park at meadowpark shopping centre, and walk up to the ground only 15 mins

weststandhibby
21-02-2010, 06:52 PM
any of the side streets near ER. Parking restrictions stop at 1 on a saturday so you can park in meters or Resident bays

bigstu
21-02-2010, 08:17 PM

i always park there too, so far we've had no trouble :agree:

RickyS
21-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Be careful if you decide to park there. My brother in law had 4 tyres slashed and whilst impossible to prove we think it was related to football supporters parking in a residents car park.

poor show that mate, ive had my side windae done, BUT i stupidly left my phone in view, but ive parked there for years without incident.

woody47
21-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Car park at the bottom of ER is normally not too bad if you get there early enough.

Speedway
22-02-2010, 02:20 PM
That's the one thing missing from a first class stadium facility - nae parking.

Peevemor
22-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Would you rather have some out-of-town soulless pile of blockwork and wriggly tin, or what we have now - bang in the heart of the community (loads of pubs :thumbsup:), a 5 minute walk from about about half the city's bus routes and a bit of history to boot?

Speedway
22-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Would you rather have some out-of-town soulless pile of blockwork and wriggly tin, or what we have now - bang in the heart of the community (loads of pubs :thumbsup:), a 5 minute walk from about about half the city's bus routes and a bit of history to boot?

The second one...with some ****ing parking.

Peevemor
22-02-2010, 02:47 PM

:greengrin

dangermouse
22-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Rest assured the new east stand will have a 20,000 space underground car park, integrated tram stop, direct link to Waverley station and the bus station and a lift to the helipad.

Killiehibbie
22-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Afternoon folks,

If you want a quick getaway one of the streets between Easter Road and Leith Walk.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Plenty of on street parking avaliable, never a problem to get parked within ten minutes walk of the ground for any game.