PDA

View Full Version : It's incredible........

Reaper
21-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I can't believe the amount of people questioning if 3RD is still a possibility???

3 away games in a row, we lost them all, for me we were due a run like that with the young side we've got.
The point is, we've lost 3 games and are still 3rd. I'd have bitten your hand off for that last year.

I think we'll bounce back against ST J's in a big way. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I can't believe the amount of people questioning if 3RD is still a possibility???

3 away games in a row, we lost them all, for me we were due a run like that with the young side we've got.
The point is, we've lost 3 games and are still 3rd. I'd have bitten your hand off for that last year.

:top marks I think some people are more happy when we are scraping around near the middle of the table, not near Europe, and far enough away from relegation not to be in that kind of trouble. Its a lot safer it seems, and stops them having heart attacks.

Scorrie
21-02-2010, 10:28 AM

Agree 100%. In some ways given we were due to get a bad run let's have it one very bad week. A chance to regroup now and move on. If anyone this time last year had said we would be third in the league and with some of the decent players we now have in our squad, I would have bitten thier hand off. The progress we have made this season has been great; need to look at the whole picture.

erskine-hibby
21-02-2010, 10:36 AM

A week ago it was a probability though eh??

:top marks I think some people are more happy when we are scraping around near the middle of the table, not near Europe, and far enough away from relegation not to be in that kind of trouble. Its a lot safer it seems, and stops them having heart attacks.

Think you are way off there BPH.
I don't know of any Hibby who would prefer to be mid-table rather than at the top.

Expecting Rain
21-02-2010, 10:42 AM
When you settle for things as they are that is when the problems start, you have to be ambitious from game to game, great to be 3rd but it could have been so much better.

Kevvy1875
21-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Im not too worried. 3rd or 4th should be considered a step forward from where we were last season. And I would say that despite the recent set backs we will be in either of these places at the end.

The way the SC is shaping up with the top 4 all still in then I would say its probable at this stage that 4th will gain a europa spot. That would be termed a sucsess for me.

Then again, we could get our 'metal' back and put pressure on Utd and Celtic again by going on a run? Who knows but I will just enjoy the ride:agree:

ScottB
21-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I dont see why last season is a comparison, we have a much better squad and a different manager. Sure we are doing much better, but it shouldn't be a handwave to dismiss the pretty poor run we've been on since the Hamilton match.

I do still think we will get third incidentally.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2010, 11:27 AM
When you settle for things as they are that is when the problems start, you have to be ambitious from game to game, great to be 3rd but it could have been so much better.

Of course it could have been better, but it could also been a lot worse. We are were we are, and are making progress, and that's what most people want, well the sensible ones anyway.

Leith Green
21-02-2010, 11:58 AM

I don't buy this young side stuff I keep hearing..

Wotherspoon and Stokes aside, who else is young??

Stack, Murray, Hogg, Bamba, Rankin, Miller, Riordan, Nish are all expeienced and of decent age.... We had a young side 4 years ago !

zelda
21-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Totally agree it's an absolute joke we're having the best season in years and people still find things to moan about.Yesterday i even heard a Yogi get to f***. I mean it's a little form dip but we'll get over it soon enough so get behind Yogi and the lads.

Franck is God
21-02-2010, 12:45 PM
We are having our best season for a while. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be going into the last week of February having only lost 4 games, in 3rd place and in the Scottish Cup quarter final at home against lower league opposition I think I'd have been happier than a pig in poo.

This is a blip, nothing more and if it only lasts 3 games then its one of the shortest I can remember.

iwasthere1972
21-02-2010, 03:10 PM
We are having our best season for a while. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be going into the last week of February having only lost 4 games, in 3rd place and in the Scottish Cup quarter final at home against lower league opposition I think I'd have been happier than a pig in poo.

This is a blip, nothing more and if it only lasts 3 games then its one of the shortest I can remember.

:agree: With the added bonus that the Yams are gash.

HibbyAndy
21-02-2010, 04:24 PM
:agree: With the added bonus that the Yams are gash.

They aint even that good.

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 04:25 PM
One of my friends think we'll be LUCKY if we do it, how it gods name will we be lucky, the way we come onto a game in the earlier part of the season under new managment was brilliant, and there is lots more to happen , we will have truly deserved to get third, imo obviously

HibbyAndy
21-02-2010, 04:31 PM
One of my friends think we'll be LUCKY if we do it, how it gods name will we be lucky, the way we come onto a game in the earlier part of the season under new managment was brilliant, and there is lots more to happen , we will have truly deserved to get third, imo obviously

Take it your friend is a pink follower? If it wasnt for penaltys and O.G's i think your pink friend might find Hearts would be well and truly in a relegation scrap!.

Lucky my erse.We are where we are on merit..

Tell your pink friend to **** right off.

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Take it your friend is a pink follower? If it wasnt for penaltys and O.G's i think your pink friend might find Hearts would be well and truly in a relegation scrap!.

Lucky my erse.We are where we are on merit..

Tell your pink friend to **** right off.

If by pink you mean an ex jambo who now supports us ? then yes

HibbyAndy
21-02-2010, 04:39 PM

So your mates a hibby that thinks we wil be LUCKY if we get 3rd place?

Id tell him tae ***** right off.

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 04:41 PM
So your mates a hibby that thinks we wil be LUCKY if we get 3rd place?

Id tell him tae ***** right off.
i spend all game and -when at home- all after match and all saturday night telling him to -see bold- beleive me ,

green.and.white
21-02-2010, 04:51 PM

How could you switch between Hibs and Hearts? thats a sin :greengrin

Alex Trager
21-02-2010, 04:54 PM
it was the other way but at least we now know its definately only 399,999 of them

green.and.white
21-02-2010, 04:58 PM

Stevie Reid
22-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I dont see why last season is a comparison

Eh?

Hermit Crab
22-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I think we'll bounce back against ST J's in a big way. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Is this the same ST J that have played us off the park in the 3 games we have played against them this season. A 3-0 win against them earlier this season was the biggest injustice ever. I very much doubt we will bounce back against them as we cant compete with thier style of play. They are a big physical team who graft results.

rubber mal
22-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I dont see why last season is a comparison, we have a much better squad and a different manager. Sure we are doing much better, but it shouldn't be a handwave to dismiss the pretty poor run we've been on since the Hamilton match.

I do still think we will get third incidentally.

How do you usually measure progress?

Speedway
22-02-2010, 12:32 PM
How do you usually measure progress?

Against yesterday's kneejerk.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2010, 12:44 PM
we'd be going into the last week of February having only lost 4 games, in 3rd place and in the Scottish Cup quarter final at home against lower league opposition

We've lost 7 games. :wink:

The OP is spot on though - there are folk on here that appear to have been desperate for us to lose consecutive games just so they could have a go. It must've been hell for them when we bounced straight back from our previous defeats or were on our 14 (?) match unbeaten run - which was of course all down to luck. :rolleyes:

ahibby
22-02-2010, 12:48 PM
It would be good to finish 3rd obviously for bragging rights and a big GIRUY to them; if we don't there will be a bit of laughter going on at our expense having been in that position for most of the season so far. Spurs have moved in to a European Champions position this weekend, having only won two games in 2010. We haven't had a win in the last four games and yet we are still in third position, ha ha ha GIRUY.

If we don't finish 3rd then I think the majority of the fans will feel slightly disappointed although there should be many positives to take from finishing 4th. It looks like it will be an interesting climax to the season. I think Hibs, Dundee Utd and Motherwell are worthy top six with the Jambos and Aberdeen fighting it out for the sixth spot, so this weekends game in Aberdeen should be quite interesting, c'mon the Dons!