PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Yogi is punishing them?

Gus Fring
21-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Yogi has been saying for a while now that players who rest on their laurels and don't pull their weight in training will find themselves out of the first team.

Is Yogi living up to his word and sending a message to some of the slackers by dropping them? Just my opinion but might explain the team selection in the last 7 days?

banarc7062
21-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Yogi has been saying for a while now that players who rest on their laurels and don't pull their weight in training will find themselves out of the first team.

Is Yogi living up to his word and sending a message to some of the slackers by dropping them? Just my opinion but might explain the team selection in the last 7 days?

Could be spot on and if correct hope it has the desired effect quickly. The message should be Hibs first, always:agree:

sahib
21-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Maybe Yogi is punishing them?

Who? The travelling support?

Expecting Rain
21-02-2010, 11:02 AM

We don`t have 15 or 16 players of the same calibre, so in my opinion we get into a situation of changing for the sake of changing, i don`t see many players slacking on the pitch but i see quite a few who are either not good enough or some simply having a bad game, you could throw cheating...........sorry erratic officials sometimes into the equation.
There is an aspect that perhaps all of us are blinded to and might back up some of your points, we don`t know what goes on in training or off the pitch and that could have a bearing on team selection.

Gus Fring
21-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Something must be going on, i dont think Yogi would just start changing the team so drastically without good reason. I think its what hes been saying hes going to do. i Cant remember his exact quote but it was something like "if you don't make the effort in training you'll find yourself out of the squad"

truehibernian
21-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't think anything has happened at the club, given the fact that the Rangers formation (far too attacking) was full of first team players, as was the St Johnstone selection. Yesterday was as a result of an embarrassing performance in midweek. The back line however had the top team players in it, and the only changes really were in midfield, where we sacrificed flair (Zemmama, Riordan) for workrate (Cregg and Stevenson). Did it backfire.......well no, given we kept things reasonably tight, with 10 men, for much of the game. But as a team, we have never played with a negative thought, until yesterday, and we are now 26 games into the season. Craig Brown's sides are notorious for being defensively minded, as you can see from their recent results. The sending off was crucial to the way Hibs played IMO. Heads went down and it was backs to the wall. Are Riordan, Benji and Zemmama players you want to thrust into that environment ? Two home games coming up that will define the season strangely enough, and they are games against the so called "weaker sides", not the top sixers. The players are still third, the East Mains environment will still be a better place to train than under Mixu (when we suffered defeats), and we can still push on with the backing of home support. I think now though Yogi may be regretting not using the window to get in some quality defensive cover, especially a right back. But it's very easy to criticicse from afar and forget that we have done fantastically well to be where we are, when we are, with the chance of third and a final still in the mix :agree:

seanraff07
21-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Something must be going on, i dont think Yogi would just start changing the team so drastically without good reason. I think its what hes been saying hes going to do. i Cant remember his exact quote but it was something like "if you don't make the effort in training you'll find yourself out of the squad"

Ken, i'd find it awful odd if their wasn't something going on as he makes about 5 changes inbetween matches and hesitates in making subs as we saw yesterday, when he only made on sub, Zemmama with about 20 mins left, when we had Riordan unused even though Gow hadn't done much the whole game.