PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's touchline ban

SmashinGlass
20-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Does anyone else think that this is a load of nonsense. The SFA take account of the previous 2 years conduct of managers if there is an incident.

The fact that Hughes was at Falkirk and got into bother should have nothing to do with his conduct at Hibs IMHO. If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! I don't understand the logic behind it at all.

SFA GTF.... That is all!!!:hnet:

CropleyWasGod
20-02-2010, 11:19 PM
If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! :

Yes.

SmashinGlass
20-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes.

I thought that the only time a suspension got carried over was due to a booking/sending off in the last few games of the season where the points total meant that the suspension couldn't be carried out during the current season. I may be completely wrong though???

iwasthere1972
20-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Does anyone else think that this is a load of nonsense. The SFA take account of the previous 2 years conduct of managers if there is an incident.

The fact that Hughes was at Falkirk and got into bother should have nothing to do with his conduct at Hibs IMHO. If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! I don't understand the logic behind it at all.

SFA GTF.... That is all!!!:hnet:

It's a difficult one but seeing as the ban is placed directly on the manager and not the club (if you know what I mean) then it makes sense that bans are carried forward.

Personally I don't think it's a stupid ruling.

SmashinGlass
20-02-2010, 11:47 PM
It's a difficult one but seeing as the ban is placed directly on the manager and not the club (if you know what I mean) then it makes sense that bans are carried forward.

Personally I don't think it's a stupid ruling.

I get what you mean, but I guess what I'm trying to say is if it's done in correlation with player bans, it doesn't tally. I mean Nish getting sent off on Wednesday isn't going to affect him in 2 years time. It's just annoying that the rules are so complexed!