PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth watching it on Alba?

hibsboy90
20-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Was working all day so was relying on text updates. Is it worth even watching the match on alba?

Was at the game on wednesday and had seen enough to not watch alba, do i watch toinights game? Or is it constant defence?

Shrekko
20-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Was working all day so was relying on text updates. Is it worth even watching the match on alba?

Was at the game on wednesday and had seen enough to not watch alba, do i watch toinights game? Or is it constant defence?

You'll struggle to watch a poorer game and Hibs very rarely managed to string any passes together if thats any help.

Removed
20-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Not worth it. Go and do something else.

hibsboy90
20-02-2010, 07:15 PM
You'll struggle to watch a poorer game and Hibs very rarely managed to string any passes together if thats any help.
Cheers

Not worth it. Go and do something else.
Match of the day i think.

The Voice Of Reason
20-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Watching it now (about to switch off).

The only thing I will say is that the pitch is an absoloute disgrace.......pathetic, there are better Edinburgh Council Parks.

Sir David Gray
20-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I really wouldn't bother if I was you.

It's the most bored that I have been at a game since last season.

Gala Foxes
20-02-2010, 08:08 PM
its a shocker -don't watch it

banarc7062
21-02-2010, 09:28 AM
If only to see the state of the cow patch of a "pitch":grr:

oldbiker
21-02-2010, 09:32 AM
That pitch was shocking, I know it is the same for both teams but it must have had a huge impact on the ability to play football :grr:

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2010, 10:07 AM
That pitch was shocking, I know it is the same for both teams but it must have had a huge impact on the ability to play football :grr:

If you play your football on that every 2 weeks, you learn pretty quickly how to adapt. We tried to adapt, and did very well, and were just a little unlucky with one decision, 11-11 and i don't think we'd have lost.

Scorrie
21-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Ho do they get away with that pitch? How come they manage to make it so bad? There are public park pitches i play on a saturday in better nick than that. If youre in the SPL you should have a minimum quality pitch. This has been going on for years now at Motherwell and the SPL dont do anything about it. Not using it as an excuse for us getting beat but for the top league in Scotland, it's shocking.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Ho do they get away with that pitch? How come they manage to make it so bad? There are public park pitches i play on a saturday in better nick than that. If youre in the SPL you should have a minimum quality pitch. This has been going on for years now at Motherwell and the SPL dont do anything about it. Not using it as an excuse for us getting beat but for the top league in Scotland, it's shocking.

As much as I like to think I'm a traditionalist I'm starting to see the argument for either 3G artificial pitches or summer football.

I really don't think they're as bad as have previously been made out to be.

It's seems that we only have about a month or so at the start of the season and a month or so at the end when the pitches are in good condition.

I took my 7 year old to the game yesterday and I'm going to have to do a bit of convincing to get him to go next week.

He's wise enough to know that being a Hibby is full of up's and down's , let downs etc but he can't understand why professional footballers play on bumpy sand while his local boys team play on surfaces perfect for football.

The quality of football is definately suffering as a result of poor pitches.