PDA

View Full Version : Nish

Hibees07
20-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Plenty of discussion on these boards about our very own Colin Nish, good or bad.

Is it just coincidence that he missed the Rangers, St.Johnstone (short cameo) & Well games and we went on to lose all three.

Is it just possible that he is the player that makes the team tick?. :wink:

JE89
20-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Not in my opinion. Maka didn't play in any of the games either. Does that mean it is him who makes the team tick?

Hibees07
20-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Not in my opinion. Maka didn't play in any of the games either. Does that mean it is him who makes the team tick?

But Maka didn't play in the other games we won.

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I like Nish. He can be useless at times but hes someone who can win and hold the ball up front, and his link up play can be really good at times.

I think we miss him when he doesnt play, and considering the size of St Johnstones back line it was ridiculous he didnt start the other day.

SmashinGlass
20-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Plenty of discussion on these boards about our very own Colin Nish, good or bad.

Is it just coincidence that he missed the Rangers, St.Johnstone (short cameo) & Well games and we went on to lose all three.

No. I see the wink, but regardless of whether this is tongue in cheek, its the most ridiculous statement I have ever read!

keep the faith
21-02-2010, 10:13 AM
No its not!

sunshine1875
21-02-2010, 10:21 AM
No. I see the wink, but regardless of whether this is tongue in cheek, its the most ridiculous statement I have ever read!

You obviously don't spend much time reading Hibs.net then. There has been a lot more rubbish written on this website than the original poster's question "Is it just possible that he is the player that makes the team tick?".

Tick? Definitely not, but he has worked well for the team in many games. In others, it has not been his day. But, ridiculous statement - well no!

banarc7062
21-02-2010, 10:25 AM
No its not!

'course it is...:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
21-02-2010, 10:36 AM

In a word, Yes.

500miles
21-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Absolutely, we always miss something when he isn't playing, and he is crucial to the way we play.

Without Nish up top, the ball just come right back at the midfeild, meaning we are instantly under pressure again, and have no time to put our foot on the ball, and look up. That's nae good if you want to play attacking, beautiful football. McBride is similar, although he doesn't have the height, he will slow down the oppositions attacks - picking up the scraps from any opposition long ball, and allowing the more talented attackers to make thier moves before passing it out, or simply retaining possession sensibly.

The difference is, I think that Stevenson and Thicot can play the McBride role, given the oppertunity. We don't have anyone else who can do what Nish does.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
21-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Nish makes us tick :confused: Nish gives me ticks more like - nervous bleedin ticks! :panic:

Franck is God
21-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Nish is not a special player and he will never be the 'star' of the show but he plays for the team and along with the likes of McBride does the job that allows others to shine.

He can be replaced but it has to be like for like and as we only have one Colin Nish yes we do miss him when he's not playing.

BEEJ
21-02-2010, 01:27 PM

Colin, behave yourself. :greengrin

An Leargaidh
21-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't forget Nish is also a lifelong Hibby :thumbsup:

As a supporter of the club before he was a player for the team I can only suppose that he gives his best each time he is out on the pitch. I can't think of any reason he wouldn't be unless he's got a few peas loose in the pod :cool2:

I can forgive him for losing it against St. J as he was probably upset that we were getting beaten. Don't forget that no matter how good a player is in a team, he is there for professional reward and advancement but when you support that team as well you surely give it 110%?

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I think we do miss nish when he does not play.

If u look at the games we have lost this season a patern emerges.

Hamilton-played and had a stinker and we lost
Celtic-he didnt start we lost
United-dont think he started (cant remember)we lost
Rangers (H)-played and we lost anyway
and last 3 he hasnt played and we have lost all 3