PDA

View Full Version : Team versus St. Johnstone

Hibees07
20-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Okay, based on the fact they destroyed us on Wednesday, pumped us in the League Cup & we are on a piss poor run of form, how should we line up next week against St.Johnstone?.

For me:

Smith/Stack

McCormack Hogg Hanlon/Thicot Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Bamba Galbraith

Stokes Zoomer

brydekirk
20-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Okay, based on the fact they destroyed us on Wednesday, pumped us in the League Cup & we are on a piss poor run of form, how should we line up next week against St.Johnstone?.

For me:

Smith/Stack

Stokes Zoomer

sh@t selection but agree with 442:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Based on the last two games when we were outplayed by them we should just forfiet the game. Our difference has been so ravaged lately i'd almost take a 0-1 defeat if I was offered it now.

shamo9
21-02-2010, 12:52 AM

For me:

Smith/Stack

Stokes Zoomer

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Zemmama McBride Rankin Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

If Galbraith is still injured then put in Stevenson and tell Murray to drive forward at every opportunity.

Hainan Hibs
21-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

If Galbraith is still injured then put in Stevenson and tell Murray to drive forward at every opportunity.

That would be my team.

BEEJ
21-02-2010, 01:13 AM

For me:

Smith/Stack

Stokes Zoomer

Yeah, I think 13 players ought to do it.

:greengrin

erskine-hibby
21-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Stack

Stokes Riordan

Seems like the best to put on the field at the mo:agree:

Diclonius
21-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

Stokes Riordan

Expecting Rain
21-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Rankin
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

Reluctantly Rankin would be playing as Miller is suspended, as we are playing at home we need the attacking option of Wotherspoon linking up with Zemmama on the right, i`d like to see a bit of interchanging between Riordan and Gow and McBride protecting the back four.

brydekirk
21-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Rankin
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

Reluctantly Rankin would be playing as Miller is suspended, as we are playing at home we need the attacking option of Wotherspoon linking up with Zemmama on the right, i`d like to see a bit of interchanging between Riordan and Gow and McBride protecting the back four.
riordan protecting the back 4. :confused:

Expecting Rain
21-02-2010, 09:41 AM
riordan protecting the back 4. :confused:

Where does it say that ?:rolleyes:

500miles
21-02-2010, 12:13 PM
..............Smith
W'spoon.Hogg.Hanlon.Murray
......McBride.Rankin
................Gow
.Zemmama.........Riordan
..............Stokes

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
21-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Stack

Hogg Bamba Hanlon

Spoon Zouma McBride Benji Murray

Deek Stokes

More at the back needed to subdue St J who will fancy doing us again big time.

CapitalHibs
21-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Someone posted yesterday that Galbraith was injured in training after the celtc game:confused::dunno:

truehibernian
21-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Why was he on the bench for the St Mirren game then :confused:

Toaods
21-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Stack

McCormack Thicot Hanlon Stevenson

Wotherspoon Bamba Murray Deek

Stokes Benji

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Stack

McCormack Thicot Hanlon Stevenson

Wotherspoon Bamba Murray Deek

Stokes Benji:eek:

Would be 5 by half time with that defence!!!!!!!!!!

McCormack-not played for weeks!
Thicot-Not started for months
Hanlon-Still young and inexprienced
Stevenson-When was the last time he played at left back?!?!:bitchy:
Bamba and Murray-Neither played center mid for an age. Never played there together!!!
Deeks-No good wide left

Is this a wind up team?!?! We would get absolutely minced!! Would take the first half for the to get used to playing all their new positions!

Penrith Hibee
21-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hanlon Hogg Murray

Zemmama Bamba McBride Rankin

Stokes Benji

Playing 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 when defending and 3 - 4 - 3 when attacking with Zouma pushing up and Spoony or Nid pushing into the midfield.

truehibernian
21-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Like that kind of formation penrith, however I would put McCormack at RB, push DW into midfield, replace Rankin with Zemmama. Ian Murray likes to get forward and Zemmama would be a better outball for him when going forward. Similarly, DW is great at getting forward on that right flank and whipping in crosses etc. And a better worker. Maybe try Riordan and Stokes as a partnership too. (and if so, constantly drum into both of them how the offside trap works :agree:)

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Whatever the team I want us to smash the **** daylights oot o them right from the first bell with no slacking until the final **** whistle, then I just might forget aboot Wednesday!!!!!

:agree: :greengrin

Bad Martini
21-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I dunno what it will be but if Hughes plays Gow again and DOESNT play ****ing Deek as well as Zooma from the start, you can forget taking **** all from the game. Furthermore, lets just try putting Riordan somewhere that isn't near the ****ing East Stand ... lets get him in the middle of the pitch more.

I'm also pissed off hearing what a footballing genuis Stokes is. YES, he's scored well this season but what pisses me off is the chances he HASNT scored. I dont disagree he's been one of the many underperformers for the last few weeks but that isn't an excuse in itself.

I'd also have Wotherspoon on there from the start, put Stack in. Murray tae, who whilst not as good against Motherwell, did play well in the other recent matches, when others (most others) have underperformed.

Big Bamba for all his faults should probably also play as he CAN, when he bothers his arse and uses his head, be useful.

IN fact, here is my team:

Stack

Wotherspoon Hanlon Hogg Murray

Zemmama Bamba Benji Rankin

Stokes Riordan

What must happen, regardless of the eleven he goes for is, he really NEEDS to stop leaving these changes til its too ****ing late. Whilst not Williamsonesque (yet) we need to give players a chance to make a difference....or buy back Sproule and unleash him after 70 minutes at Ibrox...I jest, its no a laughin matter tho.

MON THE HIBS either way but we need to think aboot this because we've scored **** all much for 3 games on the trot and shipped 9 goals........not good. :grr:

ENDOF

weonlywon6-2
21-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Based on the last two games when we were outplayed by them we should just forfiet the game. Our difference has been so ravaged lately i'd almost take a 0-1 defeat if I was offered it now.

saturday will be a different game. bad runs happen, we should know !!

i see us winning, 1-0 probably, but that will do

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
21-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Someone posted yesterday that Galbraith was injured in training after the celtc game:confused::dunno:

He traveled with the squad yesterday.:confused:

fife hfc
21-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Stevenson has played left back at Tynie and Ibrox this season. though he could play alongside Bamba in midfield as at tynie last season when he played well. Our midfield might not be as skillful as it can be but it has fight in it and in a battle will not let us down.

...................................Stack.......... .............................
Wotherspoon............Hogg.......Hanlon.......... ......stevenson
...................Bamba......Mcbride............M urray....................
................................Zemmmama.......... ..........................
...........................Stokes........Riordan.. ........................

Also is it coincidence that we have lost three games after dropping Deek to the bench. He may not work his arse off but the opposition have to watch him and maybe gives others more room to play.

AugustaHibs
21-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Rankin
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

You canny drop HOGGY The captain?

MountcastleHibs
21-02-2010, 08:10 PM
.......................Stack.................

Wotherspoon..Hogg..Hanlon..Murray

..............McBride....Rankin...........

.....Zemmama.....Benji........Gow.....

.......................Stokes................

Bench: Smith, Bamba, Stevenson, Riordan, Galbraith, Cregg, Thicot

Miller will be a loss in the midfield, but McBride and Rankin will work there a**** off for the team in midfield. Gow and Benji can interchange, playing the role of playmaker to get the ball into Stokes. This team is similar to the unbeaten team with the exception of Riordan, Nish, Miller and Bamba. Bamba and Riordan need to be kept on the bench for a couple of games.

Prof. Shaggy
21-02-2010, 11:42 PM
.......................Stack.................

Bamba and Riordan need to be kept on the bench for a couple of games.

Riordan's been kept there for two out of the last three games and I can't see much to encourage the view it's been a success.

I'd like to see Hibs' top two scorers playing upfront together.

basehibby
22-02-2010, 12:13 AM

For me:

Smith/Stack

Stokes Zoomer

I like the idea of putting Bamba in the midfield - he showed under Mixu that he can operate well as the "destroyer" in there and Hanlon has shown that he can do a good job at CH.
I'd set us up as more of a 4-3-3 come 4-5-1 as follows...

-----------Smith/Stack-------------

Wotherspoon-Hogg--Hanlon--Murray

--------------Bamba----------------
------McBride--------Rankin---------
Zemama---------------------Riordan
--------------Stokes---------------

rightwinger
22-02-2010, 12:35 AM
It's a tough one. Hughes has to find the balance between making us tougher to beat and finding the positive approach that can win us the game.

Make no mistake, St Johnstone are nothing special. That said, they'll be up for it and will take the game to us as they have done in the previous games.

Whether your Hibs or Man Utd, it gets tougher to win games the nearer the season gets to crunch time. We simply haven't done enough in the last three games. The time came for us to kick on and do that little bit extra but we haven't done it. Not that he's been at fault, but the personification of that is Riordan. The last week required us to be 10% quicker, stronger, more ruthless etc to get the results we needed but we haven't kicked on.

When we were winning games every game looked winnable. After 3 defeats we're looking at the fixture list with fear and wondering where the next win will come from. It's a test of character for the players - hopefully they'll find the strength they need to meet it.

The positive is we're still in third place with 2 home games to come. A couple of wins and we're back on song. Saturday is a crunch game though and hopefully the players will rise to it.

Hughes should be wary of wholesale changes and get the formation right IMO:

---------------------------Stack

Wotherspoon-------Hogg----------Bamba----------Murray

------------Cregg---------McBride--------Rankin

Zemmama----------------------------------------Riordan/Gow

--------------------------Stokes-------------------------

There is a bit of win or bust about Saturday's game. If we win I can see us beating Kilmarnock and Ross County and to hell with the derby. Fail to win and we'll soon find ourselves trying to hang on to 4th spot ahead of Motherwell and Hearts.

It would be a sickener to miss out on a Europa place. 4th place does it. If we get to the SC semi's and avoid the OF we've a great chance of making it by getting to the SC final. An OF SC final means 5th place gets it.

MountcastleHibs
22-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Riordan's been kept there for two out of the last three games and I can't see much to encourage the view it's been a success.

I'd like to see Hibs' top two scorers playing upfront together.

I agree, but I don't see Yogi putting Stokes and Riordan up front together. Stokes and Benji or Stokes and Gow, but not Riordan.

Also, I think Yogi will go back to the system that was so successful, rather than sticking with 4-4-2, but that's just my opinion.

JoeT
22-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Is Nish still suspended?

When he starts we usually win...........

ahibby
22-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I like the look of RightWingers team/formation. The only question mark I would have would be how well Cregg can play agains them as in the first game of the season he was subbed then we went on to win. Maybe time has altered things though.

darwenhibby
22-02-2010, 02:20 PM
With all these formations thrown around I can't wait for Saturday.

Sounds like it will be about 8-7. Hopefully to Hibs.

Speedway
22-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Stackalamby

Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

Cregg McBride Bamba

Zoumer Stokes Riordan

Let's get the midfield won.

Jim44
22-02-2010, 02:42 PM
The fact that we will be certain underdogs in this game should put a bit of fire in our underachievers' bellies and we might get something out of the game. I'm not holding my breath however.